Is Jadon Sancho really worth the 100 plus million fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
It's too much to ask that if we do want him we wrap it up before the Euro's eh? :(

The United

It is the same as last season. The player wants to move and United really wants him. But, BD holds the cards, set the deadline, and next, they will keep him for another year.

Judas

Open to offers
It is the same as last season. The player wants to move and United really wants him. But, BD holds the cards, set the deadline, and next, they will keep him for another year.
It would take a momental failure on our part and stubbornness on their side to see him stay another year I think this time.

theklr

Against his will, yet again? Dont think they would dare that. Got very messy last time around

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nah he's not staying this time round

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He will be in entering final year of his contract if they delay again so there's going to be more flex now.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
“...can’t arrive the last week of August”, yet it’s precisely what we’ll do :lol:
Most likely, yes. It's a very straightforward transfer but I imagine we will try to knock the price down from £80m to something like £65m and inevitably fail.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It would take a momental failure on our part and stubbornness on their side to see him stay another year I think this time.
They'd realistically have to be fine with losing £20m+ over a year as his value will depreciate very significantly when he goes into final year of his contract in 22-23. That's a big difference between last year and this year.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So much aces that they got feck all for him last year and had an unhappy player for half a season that doomed them to a top 4 struggle.
Expertly played.
Or had a player who's form was the main reason they made it into the top 4?

I dont get why so many on here have so much hate for Dortmund for not wanting to sell one of their prized assets for cheap. They wanted 120m all summer, and said from the start they wanted it over with early if it was going to happen... Why are some fans pissed? That they didn't just hand him to us?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
you act as if we offered them 40m
We offered them below their asking price whatever it was. And allegedly waited until pretty late anyway? It's perfectly reasonable for a team to want a big transfer done early. This way they can sign replacements and prep their squad in a new direction. Leaving it with no time to replace them is a terrible idea and I'm 100% on Dortmunds side of saying feck off to any price at that point, as it destabilizes your entire season since you can't replace him for half a year.

Seen a lot of people throughout the thread say that Sancho 'wants to come here'.

Does he?

He didn't show much of that last summer. He put zero pressure on Dortmund...while all of our most reliable journalists are still saying that we spent an entire summer trying to work out contract terms with his agent. Laurie Whitwell from The Athletic was saying two weeks ago that because of how hard it was to deal with Sancho's agent last summer, and the lack of willingness they showed (no push from Sancho, agent waiting literally days to reply to emails) is a big part of why we're going to be more restrained on him this summer, although he's still being 'monitored'.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
So much aces that they got feck all for him last year and had an unhappy player for half a season that doomed them to a top 4 struggle.
Expertly played.
And that's chessmate.

redshaw

Sounds like another round of hardball and the player stays coming up. Think United board will push for 7xm and leave it up to them to take it or leave it, then they can video interview all their players on him staying.

saivet

Seen a lot of people throughout the thread say that Sancho 'wants to come here'.

Does he?

He didn't show much of that last summer. He put zero pressure on Dortmund...while all of our most reliable journalists are still saying that we spent an entire summer trying to work out contract terms with his agent. Laurie Whitwell from The Athletic was saying two weeks ago that because of how hard it was to deal with Sancho's agent last summer, and the lack of willingness they showed (no push from Sancho, agent waiting literally days to reply to emails) is a big part of why we're going to be more restrained on him this summer, although he's still being 'monitored'.
All the noises are that he wants to move and I'd be inclined to believe them. There is only so much you can do and kicking off or threatening to go on strike is probably a step too far for him, which is perfectly fine.

passing-wind

Does he?

I think that's assumptive thinking there were countless articles about Sancho consulting his agent / management to move things along. His poor form into the season was most likely impacted by the failed move. It was highly anticipated that he would be here and as a young lad it must have been disappointing.

Dortmund have only been the ones to look worse off given their ardent approach to negotiations. They have a devalued asset who is intent on leaving but on the flip side, have scraped it into Europe. 70-75 million GBP should seal his signature.

bosskeano

we get Jadon this summer and he proves to be a strong partner with Marcus would only enhance our chances of going after Haaland next summer. I think this is just another reason why it's important to get Sancho this summer.

If you prove that they can be successful and that United can challenge under Ole, you'll get these younger attacking players like haaland willing to join.

theklr

we get Jadon this summer and he proves to be a strong partner with Marcus would only enhance our chances of going after Haaland next summer. I think this is just another reason why it's important to get Sancho this summer.

If you prove that they can be successful and that United can challenge under Ole, you'll get these younger attacking players like haaland willing to join.
100%, even though Haaland can score in any team he still needs good service, and he knows he will get that from Sancho.

macheda14

Long term would he and Amad fit into the same team or would they be competing for the same spot ?
It looks like both are comfortable playing either side. Amad is very two footed and Sancho seems to play arguably slightly better on the left than the right.

Walters_19_MuFc

Long term would he and Amad fit into the same team or would they be competing for the same spot ?
Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Amad is fine. I think James might be sold. You can't be at United and not have competition for places.

City have Sterling, Mahrez, Foden and Torres.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
They want 85m Euro. Last summer was 120m Euro. 30% dropped and if they hold on him again, next summer they will probably be asking for 55m-60m Euro, which majority clubs will try to bargain it since his contract is expired in 2023.

Honestly, that would be difficult situation for Dortmund and I can see him leaving very likely this summer and we will be the one who sign him. In fact, based on how the Athletic mentioned Lingard might be used as part of exchange on other players than Rice makes me think that we might use Lingard as part of Sancho's deal. Lingard + 50m Euro probably.

Get Sancho means we are likely to sell James and let Mata go. Our squad depth in attack will be comparable or much closer to City in my opinion

The United

He will be in entering final year of his contract if they delay again so there's going to be more flex now.
I am hoping we go for him and get him.

It is just that the stages of reports just reminds me of how it was last season.

SATA

I absolutely want him but after we know Kane is available now, i'm torn into which one i want the club to buy . One of both will bring us to the next level and i can't help but think that Kane at his peak at centre forward will be so good for us too

lex talionis

This one is so nailed on, people might as well move on to the DM, CB threads. Forget the striker threads, Haaland to join the party next summer.
This is the correct take.

Before we move into the DM and CB threads I’ll just say here that it’s going to be difficult to get the right DM at the price we can afford. Better to spend richly on a CB and persevere with McFred and see if we can push Garner into first team form next season. It may not work, but I really don’t see a suitable DM target who both wants to come to OT and is attainable at a reasonable fee.

Judas

Open to offers
Still very much on this train, its the sensible one. Get Sancho, fix some other holes, Kane is such a muppet signing, but sometimes you have to be a little bit wiser.

SAF is the GOAT

I absolutely want him but after we know Kane is available now, I'm torn into which one I want the club to buy . One of both will bring us to the next level and i can't help but think that Kane at his peak at center forward will be so good for us too
So basically what you're saying that we'll sh*t Edi and put him on the bench after we begged him to resign his contract in the last months.

Eddy_JukeZ

I absolutely want him but after we know Kane is available now, i'm torn into which one i want the club to buy . One of both will bring us to the next level and i can't help but think that Kane at his peak at centre forward will be so good for us too
I must be one of the few that would rather sign Kane than Sancho.

bsCallout

I know who you were referring to but I'm pointing the hypocrisy of the "no true wingers" argument when you mentioned you'd quite happily take a forward there if he's of the right quality. That's because the whole "no true wingers" argument is bogus.

Works fine and dandy that's why we're on course for our best league finish in a while. And we also have a pure 9 upfront in Cavani. Again I don't see where this "three 9.5s uptop" argument comes from. We have one 9 with two inside forwards. Plenty of teams play that way with no problems. Pretty balanced in my book.

Our team is failing to push on to the next level of being title challengers, because of lack of quality in CM/DM and because of conceding way too many goals from set pieces (while scoring way too few from them). We're also too lopsided because only Shaw can offer decent support and link-up from our 2 fullbacks. AWB while decent defensively is not offering any threat down the right and never overlaps Greenwood. So all our attacks come down the left and we are more predictable. Finally we are too dependent on Maguire, although we've been lucky this season that he hasn't had any injuries till the end.

These are our issues and not our attackers at the moment.
AWB has one more goal and one less assist than Shaw in the prem. Despite not taking any set pieces too. He's becoming very useful going forward. I agree with your points about CM/DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.