Is Jim Ratcliffe still interested in buying Manchester United? Yes

MrSingh2002

Sir Jim Ratcliffe, one of the richest people in the UK. Bought a 2nd division Swiss team in 2017 before buying a bigger team in OGC Nice in France in 2019.

He said he wanted to learn at Nice and give it a good go before writing a bigger cheque for a huge club. I guess he thinks he's learnt enough as he attempted to buy Chelsea earlier this year for approx £4bn.

Since taking over at OGC Nice hes taken them from 7th to finish 6th and they finished last season in 5th position which is their highest finish in the past 5 seasons. Nice have also sold the odd player each season making good profits on them.

He's previously commented on the poor spending at United since Ferguson left and seems to have operated OGC sensibly without spending big sums on individual players.

If he was after Chelsea I don't see why he wouldn't be interested in United where there is much more room for growth on and off the pitch if he was to repair the squad and clubs football and commercial image around the World.

Some reading below on past comments on Nice and Man United.

https://talksport.com/football/6341...im-ratcliffe-manchester-united-lost-the-plot/

JohnnyKills

Sir Jim Ratcliffe, one of the richest people in the UK. Bought a 2nd division Swiss team in 2017 before buying a bigger team in OGC Nice in France in 2019.

He said he wanted to learn at Nice and give it a good go before writing a bigger cheque for a huge club. I guess he thinks he's learnt enough as he attempted to buy Chelsea earlier this year for approx £4bn.

Since taking over at OGC Nice hes taken them from 7th to finish 6th and they finished last season in 5th position which is their highest finish in the past 5 seasons. Nice have also sold the odd player each season making good profits on them.

He's previously commented on the poor spending at United since Ferguson left and seems to have operated OGC sensibly without spending big sums on individual players.

If he was after Chelsea I don't see why he wouldn't be interested in United where there is much more room for growth on and off the pitch if he was to repair the squad and clubs football and commercial image around the World.

Some reading below on past comments on Nice and Man United.

https://talksport.com/football/6341...im-ratcliffe-manchester-united-lost-the-plot/
I think he could be persuaded. What's 5-6 billon to a guy who's worth 18 billion?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I don’t think anyone knows other than him so unless he posts on here I wouldn’t expect an answer. If he does want to buy us he’s going to need to pay way over value because like Chelsea’s new owners the Glazers are banking on media deals going sky high in the future.

JohnnyKills

There are loads of people who could buy us really. What about Mukesh Ambani, Indian's richest man? He owns an IPL cricket franchise - surely there are synergies with United.

JohnnyKills

I don’t think anyone knows other than him so unless he posts on here I wouldn’t expect an answer. If he does want to buy us he’s going to need to pay way over value because like Chelsea’s new owners the Glazers are banking on media deals going sky high in the future.
If a club that's backed by an oil state keeps dominating the league, they won't.

Rolaholic

Hopefully, he was ready to put a bid in for Chelsea a few months back

Redfrog

I think he could be persuaded. What's 5-6 billon to a guy who's worth 18 billion?
A third of what he is worth is massive I will say. But I get what you mean. After all having 100 millions or 10 billions is kind of the same, you can get almost everything with 100 millions.

Ema_datsi

He went though 4 mangers as well, and they’ve been as low as 9th. Hopeful for something but not entirely convinced he will be our sugar daddy as he’s a shrewd businessman - but then again, the Glazers are just dreck and a step above a despotic dictatorship.
https://www.transfermarkt.us/ogc-nizza/platzierungen/verein/417

HITC Sevens did a YT video on him over a year ago. Look for “Why Britain’s Richest Man Bought OGC Nice & Not A Premier League Team”. The accusations of sports-washing are not concerning, rather the spotty track record at OGC Nice is.

MrSingh2002

Sounds alot but he could also head a consortium too. He was born locally to a working class family. He supports United so he may have more motivations than money or finances alone.

In an ideal world the next owner would be a United supporter so this could be an ideal situation and a narrative that the fans and even neutrals/media could get behind.

red thru&thru

If we get an inkling of him being interested in buying the club, then we'll all get behind Ratcliffe and protest even more and make sure we get the Glazers out.

MrSingh2002

He went though 4 mangers as well, and they’ve been as low as 9th. Hopeful for something but not entirely convinced he will be our sugar daddy as he’s a shrewd businessman - but then again, the Glazers are just dreck and a step above a despotic dictatorship.
https://www.transfermarkt.us/ogc-nizza/platzierungen/verein/417

HITC Sevens did a YT video on him over a year ago. Look for “Why Britain’s Richest Man Bought OGC Nice & Not A Premier League Team”. The accusations of sports-washing are not concerning, rather the spotty track record at OGC Nice is.
League positions wise though there was only one season where they finished lower. Could almost consider it an anomaly as they then finished 5th the season after? Using a ruler through the data points and it's trajectory is upwards and they just signed Schmeichel and Ramsay who could help them continue growth.

Would be interesting to hear from any French posters here or OGC Nice fans on how they feel hes running the club and whether they're optimistic for their future too.

PoTMS

Silly cnut was happy to bid 4bn for Chelsea, but won't pledge that for his 'boyhood' club.

Gandalf

He has been asked on a couple of occasions and his answer is generally along the lines of yes he would have interest but until the Glazers indicate they want to sell he is not going to make any offer.

Red_Aaron

United aren't for sale

We will ensure that generation after generation of the glazer family will forevermore be extremely wealthy through no good deed of their own

It makes me sick to my stomach

Moriarty

United aren't for sale

We will ensure that generation after generation of the glazer family will forevermore be extremely wealthy through no good deed of their own

It makes me sick to my stomach
I think they're waiting for the superleague project to take off as it surely will. They're just lying doggo.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
We need to find out how to get them to release the grip on red and white holdings Ltd in the Cayman Islands. And does anyone know how to find out who owns the debt on that company and this club?. Maybe we can persuade someone to buy the debt and squeeze the Glazers out?.

Last edited:

stubie

Sky are making a lot of noises regarding the ownership maybe they’ll bid for the club again with far greater resources this time.

ATXRedDevil

A third of what he is worth is massive I will say. But I get what you mean. After all having 100 millions or 10 billions is kind of the same, you can get almost everything with 100 millions.
Psh, you can’t even buy a proper super yacht for $100 million. Being worth 9 figures is NOTHING like being worth 11-figures. Hell, if you’re worth $10bn you could make more than $100m/year through relatively conservative passive investments.

The Irish Connection

Sky are making a lot of noises regarding the ownership maybe they’ll bid for the club again with far greater resources this time.
Interesting take. They have been a lot more vocal about the ownership in the last few days, since Gary Neville called them out.

FujiVice

The Glazers were brought up to be American tycoons but a ginger cnut who looked like a fat Steven Spielberg. Everything is for sale for the right price. They'd sell this club immediately for the right deal.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
It's not really spending, it's buying an asset. I'd happily spend 1/3 of my money on a solid investment that would give financial returns.
Yeah that the wrong way to put it, still for that much money you could put it in much much better places for financial return, o don't think buying a football club is the wisest thing to do with that money in all honesty.

He has to really be into us to go for it and seeing how he tried to get Chelsea i doubt he's that big of a fan, also the guy seems stingy.

Utd7

Don’t think it’s possible. Keep in mind Sky are no longer owned by the Murdoch’s. Now owned by Comcast which owns NBC which just so happens to have the PL rights in the USA. Don’t think it would get approved.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
There are loads of people who could buy us really. What about Mukesh Ambani, Indian's richest man? He owns an IPL cricket franchise - surely there are synergies with United.
Not sure he would be a shining example. A mate of mine worked at a pretty high level for a high profile business unitat Reliance. IIM Bangalore grad.
He was frustrated as hell as to how badly the organisation was run. Could chop off 60% of the employees and it would function as normal. Very top heavy decision-making process ie everyone has to wait on Mukesh to come back from his travels before one can make a decision even for minor marketing materials!!
For a club as high profile as United, I am sure he will want to get his fingers involved in the day-to-day or even transfer decision-making. I can see it going the way of Blackburn.