Is Lingard as good as gone? | Contract extended by one year

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
So if I had said top ten, then most would be excluded? I think he belongs in the PL, but Everton should be as high as he can go, IMHO.
He's still a Premier League player but I hope the kid goes abroad if he does leave, but his family situation will probably prevent it. If I was him i'd sit on his contract then leave on a free next Summer with the clubs blessing.

The Original

What? Bruno is faster and better at pressing. Our other forwards are also significantly faster than him. He’s not slow, but nor fast.
I said he is among the fastest. I didn't say he is the fastest. So saying that xyz is faster doesn't make a difference to what I said.

By the way do you have some facts that say Bruno is faster or you just think so?

Red Stone

Not even on the bench today, and it's friggin' Wembley. Ice cold from Ole.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Much changed side, not even in the squad.
If the last two months haven't been an invitation to leave, I don't know what is.

GiddyUp

He scored the winning goal in the FA Cup final - that fact means he will never be forgotten. Few players get iconic moments like that!

Yes his United career never progressed after that but the vitriol against him is pathetic.
He won't be forgotten alright. For all the wrong reasons. An absolute passenger if ever I've seen one.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Much changed side, not even in the squad.
If the last two months haven't been an invitation to leave, I don't know what is.
This is telling. Not to even get into the 20 shows intent.

He'll be needed for the Europa game we're 5-0 up in, but I'm afraid it might be time for a parting of ways. He's stayed at United quite a few years which takes some doing, so can't be too disappointed.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Love that Ole has talked him up, then left him totally out!

MUFromLTU

The only thing that puzzles me is why was he brought on the other night?
Because we needed some high pressing and started relying on counter-attacks. Bruno was too tired to do so, always 1-2 steps behind. Jesse is good at pressing and has everything to be good at counter-attacking. You could hear Ole shouting "Press" to him and applauding each time he did.

I'm even more satisfied with Ole's presser now. All Ole needs to do now is let Jesse have a go vs LASK, hopefully get a goal or assist and we shouldn't have problems offloading him.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The only thing that puzzles me is why was he brought on the other night?
He and Pereira basically take turns taking the last spot on the bench, so that night was Lingard's turn. Then the way the match was going Ole felt that Lingard was the best sub to make to give us that bit more energy and bite.

Now it's Pereira's turn on the bench.

red4ever 79

He and Pereira basically take turns taking the last spot on the bench, so that night was Lingard's turn. Then the way the match was going Ole felt that Lingard was the best sub to make to give us that bit more energy and bite.

Now it's Pereira's turn on the bench.
Nah that's not true at all. Lingard hasnt made the bench in the last i dont know how many Premier league games. He made the bench more likely because Shaw and Williams were injured. I think the question is more, how did he get some minutes

He won't be forgotten alright. For all the wrong reasons. An absolute passenger if ever I've seen one.
His career hasn't developed as one would hope, but he had some good spells in the past and won an FA Cup for us.

No point in fans treating him like shit. The guy has been at the club since he was 10 and had highs and lows. If fans really have a problem it should be aimed at successive managers that have kept him at the club, not a player who is obviously going to stay at United as long as possible.

Rossa

I said he is among the fastest. I didn't say he is the fastest. So saying that xyz is faster doesn't make a difference to what I said.

By the way do you have some facts that say Bruno is faster or you just think so?
Watching them both play makes me think so. Lingard looks busy and runs around a lot, but he isn’t really all that fast. He’s not slow, and fast enough, but it’s not something that makes him get past players.

Rossa

He's still a Premier League player but I hope the kid goes abroad if he does leave, but his family situation will probably prevent it. If I was him i'd sit on his contract then leave on a free next Summer with the clubs blessing.
I think he could do alright in some foreign leagues. He had shown that he can have decent movement and link up.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Love that Ole has talked him up, then left him totally out!
Brutally savage!!!
Wonder why Ole would do that? Maybe something happened between them.
I like it as it shows that Ole will not tolerate any slackers and has total control over his squad.

Le Red

The lad has had to work twice as hard as anybody to get to the very top level since the Premier League first started, that's why some of us are defending him now he's falling by the wayside. It would have been so easy for the lad to think sod this for a game of soldiers when United had to get special dispensation to play him in u16 matches when he was 18 because he was so small, but he didn't he stuck at it, worked his tripe off during 4 loan spells and full credit to him, yeah it may be time to move on but i'm sure some of yous feel he plays shite just to wind you up.
All of your speech confirms what I said. "He tries hard, he runs a lot", always the same arguments to justify that he's been a poor footballer for most of his career judging by PL standards.
I try hard and run a lot when I play, should Manchester United give me a contract as well?
The effort he made can be used in defense of his character, but not his career. His career is pathetic for a Manchester United midfielder, bar one particular goal. That's harsh, but that's the truth.

Le Red

I think everyone can agree Lingard isn't up to United quality and should be moved on in the summer.

However like many comments above have said, the disrespect against him however is still pretty bad considering he scored us a winner in a cup final.
Here's the catch though, criticism does not equal disrespect.
Guy scores one goal in the right match and suddenly he's above all criticism and everyone has to remember him fondly and say only nice things about him?

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
All of your speech confirms what I said. "He tries hard, he runs a lot", always the same arguments to justify that he's been a poor footballer for most of his career judging by PL standards.
I try hard and run a lot when I play, should Manchester United give me a contract as well?
The effort he made can be used in defense of his character, but not his career. His career is pathetic for a Manchester United midfielder, bar one particular goal. That's harsh, but that's the truth.
...and nothing but the truth said the Heathen as he placed his right hand on the Bible ....

One goal eh?

Le Red

...and nothing but the truth said the Heathen as he placed his right hand on the Bible ....

One goal eh?

Why YouTube clip instead of his career stats when the discussion is about the entirety of his career and not about a purple patch and a handful of goals?
It's a rethorical question by the way, the answer is quite obvious.

Roane

I do feel for likes of Lingard, on two levels.

Firstly I think the last few years, and certainly under Jose, the development of players has stalled. Some more than others. A good and obvious example is Martial.

Secondly I think some of these young players came in and got too much too soon in terms of reputation and they took the eye off the ball. Likes of Adnan are good examples and even maybe macheda

JohnnyKills

Still think he's got a role to play at United but we need to find a way to get him back to the level he showed under Mourinho.

Red4Life_#7

:lol: You better be joking
I'm not mate, he has had personal problems, which could have affected him. He is an academy player and you wouldn't get much for him in the current market, he's a goalscorer and can move the ball quickly (something this team needs).
Good squad option and hard-worker. Definitely wouldn't sell and you will see he won't be sold in the summer... you can quote me on that.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I'm not mate, he has had personal problems, which could have affected him. He is an academy player and you wouldn't get much for him in the current market, he's a goalscorer and can move the ball quickly (something this team needs).
Good squad option and hard-worker. Definitely wouldn't sell and you will see he won't be sold in the summer... you can quote me on that.
I stopped reading there. Nice try Jesse.