Is Lingard as good as gone? | Contract extended by one year

Red4Life_#7

I stopped reading there. Nice try Jesse.
Hahahah! :)
He scores important goals, done it numerous times for us. He is one of the experience players in the squad, don't underestimate his influence in the dressing room.
He won't be sold.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Hahahah! :)
He scores important goals, done it numerous times for us. He is one of the experience players in the squad, don't underestimate his influence in the dressing room.
He won't be sold.
"influence"
Also an appropriate video considering we're playing West Ham next.

Red4Life_#7

"influence"
Also an appropriate video considering we're playing West Ham next.
Carrick was still a player, that vid is so old.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is every squad needs squaddies, especially from the academy. We had them with O'Shea, Brown, P.Neville, Solskjaer (not from the acad) etc.

He can still do a job and in the current market we don't have the cash to spend 200m each season. He is an England International and definitely a good squad player for us.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He is an England International and definitely a good squad player for us.
At what point this season has he even done an impression of a good player?

Maybe against Tranmere Rovers and whatever fecking goat herders we had to fly halfway to China to play in the Europa group stages.

JMack1234

I'm not sure I care too much if Lingard stays or goes.

I think Lingard is a serviceable squad player, who'd do a decent job in some Carabao Cup tie vs Derby.

Munkehboi

People saying he is 'an England international' need to realise that he isn't anymore and will likely never play for England again.

Can't see Southgate picking Lingard over Foden, Mount or even Barkley. Don't think we can use the 'hes an England international' arguement to hike up his price.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Carrick was still a player, that vid is so old.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is every squad needs squaddies, especially from the academy. We had them with O'Shea, Brown, P.Neville, Solskjaer (not from the acad) etc.

He can still do a job and in the current market we don't have the cash to spend 200m each season. He is an England International and definitely a good squad player for us.
I understand the need for squad players but all of those squaddies you mentioned got moved on when the time was right for them to move on, or in Ole's case, retired. And although the video is old, and that fact wasn't lost on me, it shows that Lingard is not really leadership material. Also consider that he's supposed to be in his prime with his age. The lad is 27 years going on 28 in a few months and he's barely making it on the bench, let alone on the field. Why sit in your prime years being 3rd or 4th string when you can move on and actually play football elsewhere?

Fussball13251

Lingard is simply nowhere near good enough anymore. Not even good enough to be a sub. Have you watched wen he plays? His first touch is awful... the ball bounces 10 feet away from him to the opposition. He's not interested in football. His interest is in selling clothes.

It's about the football. He isn't even good enough to be on the bench. You can't keep not good enough players just because they are from the academy.

Last edited:

Red4Life_#7

I understand the need for squad players but all of those squaddies you mentioned got moved on when the time was right for them to move on, or in Ole's case, retired. And although the video is old, and that fact wasn't lost on me, it shows that Lingard is not really leadership material. Also consider that he's supposed to be in his prime with his age. The lad is 27 years going on 28 in a few months and he's barely making it on the bench, let alone on the field. Why sit in your prime years being 3rd or 4th string when you can move on and actually play football elsewhere?
Lingard is definitely not leadership quality, but he is a senior player. He has been part of the DNA of the club, known players like Pogba for 12+ years, Rashford's bestie, who he also looks up to. I'm just saying that moving on homegrown players should be done under caution.

I do think he will most likely be moved on at some point, but right now isn't a good time to do it. The market is at a low, plus he can still do a job after a run of games in the team.
Bruno has raised the bar, but Lingard has enough quality to be part of the squad imo.

Lingard is simply nowhere near good enough anymore. Not even good enough to be a sub. Have you watched wen he plays? His first touch is awful... the ball bounces 10 feet away from him to the opposition. He's not interested in football. His interest is in selling clothes.
I'm not sure, but he did have some personal problems. Maybe they have played a factor. I think a run of games and finding confidence will see a different player.

simplyared

When he came on the other day he looked absolutely lost. We can't even afford to have him on the bench. Obviously being so far out of contention for so long has affected his confidence. He must be moved on!

led_scholes

Do people still believe he is useful? Its baffling.
The guy hasn't played well for almost 2 years. And btw he never was anything special. He is Gibson part II. Nothing special, scored a nice goal here and there and an academy product. Did we miss him at all? Of course not..

Do people still believe he is useful? Its baffling.
The guy hasn't played well for almost 2 years. And btw he never was anything special. He is Gibson part II. Nothing special, scored a nice goal here and there and an academy product. Did we miss him at all? Of course not..
He's clearly leaving. And yes he didn't live up to some early promise and important goals. He's leaving. Why people feel the need to show him hostility and animosity is beyond me. He's done his best for the club he supports. If he's been here too long that's on successive managers, not Lingard.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Lovely way to sign off for him, he’s been here since he was a nipper so it seems like a fitting way to go out.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
That goal earned him a new 5 year contract.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Only player who will get new contract because of his bubble character

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He has 1 year left, with the option of another year.

Surely no-one thinks we'll be selling him, and instead it's inevitable that deal gets Phil Jonesd.

Grande

If it was Last Chance Saloon for Lingard and Pereira today: Lingard made good, Pereira didn’t. Lingard played like the player he was one and a half year ago, which is a player who is very useful to have in the squad if he keeps it up.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Jake Humphrey is doing us a solid.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
He just keep asking Scholes and Hargreaves whether he was good enough for United and suggesting that maybe it’s best for him to leave.
What I don't get though is why would Lingard hire Raiola as his agent and then proceed to bang on about fighting to stay at the club and help it succeed and all that.

Based Adnan

Hopefully 2 goals that in the grand scheme of things changes nothing doesn't make people forget the 2 seasons of pure shite