Is Marco Verratti's star fading?

Walters_19_MuFc

Always loved Verratti. Haven't watched him in a while. Always seems to be injured, but whenever I do watch him, he really does impress me.

el3mel

LOL. Remembered this thread when I read this.

B & W

Supports
Juventus Turin
Surprised Juventus or Inter Milan haven't made a big play for him. I reckon PSG would let him go if they got word Pobga wanted to join.
Juventus tried to buy him when he was a little boy, but PSG made a big offer and Juventus let him go. After some years tried again to buy him but PSG decided not to sell him. Now I think Juventus is looking for other players, some of them from UTD.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think he's just the kind of player we need. A conductor who has great energy.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Is anyone else watching Italy vs Portugal?

Absolutely bossing it. Fantastic player.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Is anyone else watching Italy vs Portugal?

Absolutely bossing it. Fantastic player.
Best game i've ever seen him played with Italy. HUGE performance, too bad italy's forwards forgot to take the shoes out of their boxes before putting them on..

Alabaster Codify7

If he continues flying under the radar compared to his previous reputation, hed be an option for Matic's replacement in the summer.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I know haha. But isn't he out of favour there / under-performing nowdaysa?
Not really. I mean he's disapointing mainly because he's often injured or has bad reactions during big games and it's true that he hasn't reached the level we expect yet but he's still adored by most of the fans and he's our only top level midfielder so... no way we sell him imo (unless he pushes very very hard to leave).

He's still pretty childish though, it was easy to excuse when he was 20 but it's no fun anymore. He was always blamed for drinking and smoking at parties and we thought it was over under Tuchel until... he got busted for drunk driving on a tuesday 3 weeks ago.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Ha! We know how it turned out the last time someone wanted to buy Veratti. PSG would just buy Pogba or De Gea just for the sake of it...
I would swap him for Pogba if he was guaranteed to stay fit.

A-man

Great player, not many better in that role, but he has also let down his teams (PSG and Italy) in important matches by getting unnecessary yellow and red cards.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Great player, not many better in that role, but he has also let down his teams (PSG and Italy) in important matches by getting unnecessary yellow and red cards.
He's a hot head, definitely a liability as he lets his passion get the better of his decision-making at times, but when he's on he's really an amazing piece to have in midfield. He got lucky against Liverpool not to be sent off.

A-man

He's a hot head, definitely a liability as he lets his passion get the better of his decision-making at times, but when he's on he's really an amazing piece to have in midfield. He got lucky against Liverpool not to be sent off.
Agree! He is great at possession, passing, driving the ball up the pitch but also at stealing and putting pressure. Just poor judgement and costly decisions sometimes.

Zlatattack

Ha! We know how it turned out the last time someone wanted to buy Veratti. PSG would just buy Pogba or De Gea just for the sake of it...

I think we have enough money to see of PSG. Nit that I want us to sign Veratti.

Mainoldo

Would take this. Although I have been a big supporter of Pogba his talent is undeniable but his attitude isn't the best (and that is being polite).
If you take your mouse and scroll up abit. You’ll see a nice report on Verratti’s drink driving. Infact google him and read up how he returns for pre-season. Let’s not do a Sterling with Pogba please.

Posh Red

If you take your mouse and scroll up abit. You’ll see a nice report on Verratti’s drink driving. Infact google him and read up how he returns for pre-season. Let’s not do a Sterling with Pogba please.
Funny how all the 'Mourinho in' crowd have decided Pogba is lazy and not professional now. I mean it's not like Mourinho himself has praised Pogba's work ethic and attitude in training :nervous:

Eric's Seagull

Thanks for informing me about the drink driving and not turning up for pre-season. Just read article on both. I hate anyone drink driving but a professional footballer should have more sense as they are in the limelight and supposed to be role models.
Also read he was thinking about contacting lawyers regarding him not turning up for training. Really good player I have wanted for a long time. But since I have read this I wouldn't want him now.

Don't need that attitude at our club.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I can see a flip-flop regarding him if PSG plays against Manchester United next February.

PSG will play against one of the following teams:
  • Schalke 04
  • AS Roma
  • Tottenham
  • Atlético Madrid
  • Ajax Amsterdam
  • Manchester United

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Thought he was outstanding. Been waiting for him to stamp his authority on a knockout CL game and I think he delivered against us.
Between that game and the one against Liverpool, he's shown just how important he is to this team. I can't criticize him for injuries, that's out of his control (relatively, he could have a better lifestyle), but the only knock is his temperament. If he keeps it in check, he is a massive player to have in any midfield.

ash_86

Was a beat today. He's a move ahead before receiving the ball. Such a class player