Is Marco Verratti's star fading?

Skills

Snitch
I hate how often he goes down. I get it he's the size of a 6 year old playing grown men, but it's not fair on everyone if the kid keeps dropping when a gust of wind comes.

Walters_19_MuFc

I've always like Verratti and would love him at United. Made 99 passes yesterday and didn't make one key pass but he has the ability to control a game as he did do yesterday. They just didn't have the finishing touch. Nothing to do with him.

Tiber

He is fantastic. Hope he fades his way to Carrington

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
World class

It's a shame his prime has been wasted in Ligue 1 and for an underwhelming Italian NT.

One of the very best MFs of his generation.

Eddy_JukeZ

He is the best tempo setting midfielder in the world currently.

He was sensational vs Real.

JustABall

World class

It's a shame his prime has been wasted in Ligue 1 and for an underwhelming Italian NT.

One of the very best MFs of his generation.
I agree.

He’ll be a forgotten player by history if he doesn’t achieve something in Europe with PSG.

They now have a much more balanced midfield.

3 defensive players in Verratti, Gueye and Marquinhos tonight. But it allowed the team to function better. And they didn’t even have their infamous front three up front!

Very few teams have that level of depth. di María, Icardi and Sarabia are very good players in their own right.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
They looked like a proper team tonight.

I wonder if they would look as intense with Neymar, Mbappe and Cavani. I doubt it..

Okey

I hope his star fades him our way ASAP (and his manager too). He may have the odd poor game (who doesn't) but dude oozes World class from every pore! And by the way, I agree that was a much more balanced PSG team last night, shorn of any oversized egos. May just be the way to go for them...

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Very few teams have that level of depth. di María, Icardi and Sarabia are very good players in their own right.
Don't forget Eric Choupo-Moting.

I wonder if they would look as intense with Neymar, Mbappe and Cavani. I doubt it..
it's a legitimate question, but Mbappe at the very least would have been a positive, Neymar as well. Sarabia was decent but it wasn't a great game from him. Good luck to Draxler getting back in the team though, he is falling by the wayside, deservedly so.

RooneyLegend

If those guys had played Madrid would've been in for a proper spanking. They didnt have an issue with their intensity when they beat Liverpool last season when those guys played.

cyberman

If those guys had played Madrid would've been in for a proper spanking. They didnt have an issue with their intensity when they beat Liverpool last season when those guys played.
What about when they lost to Liverpool? They were a shambles at Anfield.

Pigggyy

It was the first match of the season in CL and first of Tuchel in CL with PSG too, they hadn't found the right system at this point, scandalous mentality too...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It was early with Tuchel and they had Rabiot-Di Maria in midfield

Make no mistake, Verratti is PSG's most important player, has been for years. Even with Neymar and Mbappé, if Verratti is missing or isn't playing well, PSG will be shite

If Verratti plays well, they look good even with Choupo-Moting

izec

My favourite midfielder in the game currently. I could watch him play for days, he is untouchable when he is on it. Smallest player on the pitch, but he is bossing it.

Tuchel is doing him good, even if he plays well for any manager most of the time.

RooneyLegend

It was early with Tuchel and they had Rabiot-Di Maria in midfield

Make no mistake, Verratti is PSG's most important player, has been for years. Even with Neymar and Mbappé, if Verratti is missing or isn't playing well, PSG will be shite

If Verratti plays well, they look good even with Choupo-Moting
They are all important arent they. Neymar rips teams apart, Verratti gives them great control even against the best teams around. For example had Neymar played against us last season i think the tie would've been over in the first leg. Had Verratti played against Pool at Anfield last season they'd have stood a far greater chance. Both are immense. I think this was best displayed against Pool in Paris last season where both played well and Pool were well beaten.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They are all important arent they. Neymar rips teams apart, Verratti gives them great control even against the best teams around. For example had Neymar played against us last season i think the tie would've been over in the first leg. Had Verratti played against Pool at Anfield last season they'd have stood a far greater chance. Both are immense. I think this was best displayed against Pool in Paris last season where both played well and Pool were well beaten.
Verratti is harder to replace. If they lose Neymar, they still have Di Maria, who is not neymar but a great player in his own right with similar strenghts. They still have Mbappé, and Cavani

If they lose Verratti, they're left with....Paredes? Di Maria in midfield?

I mean, this new team this season, with Gueye and Ander and Sarabia and Marquinhos now a fully adapted to his DM role, they might not suffer from the loss of Verratti as much. Last three seasons though, PSG depended almost entirely on Verratti to have a chance against any half-decent team

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Does he not want to go back and play in Serie A at some point?

RooneyLegend

All PSG players are a CL away from getting the credit they deserve and i dont see to many squads better than theirs. So many of them get questioned because of that. some of these blokes are amazing footballers and have always been. Mediocrity can coast along in the prem and become highly rated due to the publicity of the league. They sadly dont have that privilege. Its amazing to think some question the likes of Neymar, Verratti, Mbappe and Thiago Silva.

Abe144

Supports
CD Guadalajara
All PSG players are a CL away from getting the credit they deserve and i dont see to many squads better than theirs. So many of them get questioned because of that. some of these blokes are amazing footballers and have always been. Mediocrity can coast along in the prem and become highly rated due to the publicity of the league. They sadly dont have that privilege. Its amazing to think some question the likes of Neymar, Verratti, Mbappe and Thiago Silva.

All those players except Verratti have proven themselves in better leagues/CL/international level. They are the ones coasting atm by playing in an inferior league and coming up short against the big boys in Europe season after season

RooneyLegend

All those players except Verratti have proven themselves in better leagues/CL/international level. They are the ones coasting atm by playing in an inferior league and coming up short against the big boys in Europe season after season
You'll find its normally the other blokes that cost them in those games more times than not. Last season it was Kimbembe, the season before it was Marquinhos. However regardless someone will find a way to relate it to them not being that good.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
All of those players including Verratti are well proven in delivering top performances in the CL. Verratti has dominated top class opposition time and time again.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They are the ones coasting atm by playing in an inferior league and coming up short against the big boys in Europe season after season
In completely psychotic fashions :lol:

They haven't gone out to an actually better team since 14/15 :lol:

Renegade

Is he really going to spend all his career in France? That would be unfortunate.

RUCK4444

Absolute crying shame, feckin’ waste of a career. I have no respect for players like this.

I don’t care about the money and it being Paris. Have some balls and test yourself in the best leagues!

I mean regardless where he goes he’s going to be earning £140k a week minimum. How much is enough?

Earn amazing money and reach your full potential in a proper league.

mu4c_20le

He will never be top tier, and will remain a level below the likes of Mbappe and Neymar who use PSG as a stepping stone.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

If he sticks to that contract it seems he will end up as this generations Safet Susic for PSG. Of course PSG are a much bigger club now than they were in the '80s, but it will probably similarly effect his status for future generations unless they win a CL or he has a great tournament with Italy.

Mainoldo

He will never be top tier, and will remain a level below the likes of Mbappe and Neymar who use PSG as a stepping stone.
Yeah I don’t think we can ever class him as top tier spending the majority of his career in France. Shame really.. he’d make light work playing for Barca.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Player gets to play with people he likes, win trophies, paid shitloads in a city he likes signs a new contract shocker.

DoomSlayer

Always dreamed of seeing Verratti play for us, he is a phenomenal CM. Such a shame he will be spending his career in PSG only.

thepolice123

Absolute crying shame, feckin’ waste of a career. I have no respect for players like this.

I don’t care about the money and it being Paris. Have some balls and test yourself in the best leagues!

I mean regardless where he goes he’s going to be earning £140k a week minimum. How much is enough?

Earn amazing money and reach your full potential in a proper league.
Tbf given the short career lifespan of footballers you can probably say its not enough.