Is Matic ruffling Ole's feathers | Starting counter-attacks like a boss

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
As posted in his player thread:

Followed by this from skysports today:

"The coach must opt for the team that will fight for the title and if he does not win, he bears the responsibility..

In the first two or three games he picked the team without me,"
Matic added. "I work as hard as I can. We respect the decision, it's up to me to show him that he was wrong and to bring me back to where I belong.

"There is no problem. I told him I disagreed with him but that he had to decide the team."

So does he have a case? Reminds me of when Valencia "accidently" liked an insta post against Jose and was dropped until he exited the club last season. I don't think Ole can afford to be so ruthless.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Matic will be sold in Jan and replaced I think. The only reason he is still at the club is that we have no other option.
He has been utter crap for 18 months and also doesn't have the mobility to fit Oles style, he isn't being selected in the 11 because he is rubbish

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Matic has been shit for 90% of the time since he joined the club. So no, he doesn't have a point. He played like shit so got dropped.

Raw

I think people put too much stock into random likes on instagram. There's a very good chance that he accidentally liked it. There's also a chance that it might not have even been him, just someone managing the account.

We never should have bought him, complete waste of £40mil. Fabinho was always the better option.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So all these "professional" players are professional only when they are play every game.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He's a cnut but we need either him or Fred in the midfield with McT so Pogba can be pushed forward.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So he's the virus all along?

NYAS

:lol: Those quotes are the perfect embodiment of what’s gone so wrong for us post-Fergie.

Players never to blame, it’s all on the boss. I can play shit and still be here next year.

Feck off, please.

Bestietom

We don't have another DM atm except maybe Garner who has not been tried. Until we bring someone in Matic is probably the best option.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Liking the Instagram comment is not on but I see zero problem with those quotes on Skysports. Expect Caf to completely overreact though, since it’s another player who’s not very popular.

Ban

Not good quotes, not at all.
And title, what friggin title Nemanja. I expect him to play even less now.

Rake

Liking the Instagram comment is not on but I see zero problem with those quotes on Skysports. Expect Caf to completely overreact though, since it’s another player who’s not very popular.
Same here. The SS quote is actually spot on. He can train hard and fight for his place and it will always be Ole that must pick the team and suffer the consequences.

Sadly, after the first 2-3 brilliant months, he has been steadily regressing

Sir Scott McToMinay

Absolute finished player that should’ve been sold in the summer, I’d honestly rather see Jones in the DM role, at least he can actually move.

The nerves he has to tell a coach he is wrong in his selection, feck off Matic.

El Zoido

His legs have gone. He can complain all he wants but he’s been garbage for a while now, he’s too slow and cannot keep up with the intensity of the modern game any longer. Ole has done the right thing by phasing him out.

Varun

Staff
Been shit for a while, he can feck off with the moaning

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

If Martial and Pogba can like posts against the manager on Instagram with the Caf being alright with it and with the club not giving a feck about it, there's absolutely nothing wrong with Matic, or whoever, following the same route to express his aggravation. Either the fanbase is OK with it or not and either the club believes they should monitor what the players post on social media or they don't. Anything other than that is double standards.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Any player that talks to the press about them not being selected and the manager will need to suffer the consequences if the title is not won is problematic. Doesn't matter who the player is.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I saw the comments yesterday and didn’t find too much wrong with the comments - albeit the timing is a bit unnecessary. But that was taking the comments in isolation, as I wasn’t aware of the Instagram post “like”.

Those two together makes it clear that he feels entitled to be starting & deserving of his place and it’s public undermining of Ole. Need to get rid and upgrade.

Our squad is such a mess, it’s a joke :lol: If Fred continues his dogshite performances for us, that means we’re in need of both a DM & CM (or AM - depending where PP is played long term) & even then, Pogba might be eyeing Madrid. So we could essentially be in need of an entire new midfield within 10 months.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I'd like to know how someone can ruffle a feature.
:lol::lol:

I saw the comments yesterday and didn’t find too much wrong with the comments - albeit the timing is a bit unnecessary. But that was taking the comments in isolation, as I wasn’t aware of the Instagram post “like”.

Those two together makes it clear that he feels entitled to be starting & deserving of his place and it’s public undermining of Ole. Need to get rid and upgrade.

Our squad is such a mess, it’s a joke :lol: If Fred continues his dogshite performances for us, that means we’re in need of both a DM & CM (or AM - depending where PP is played long term) & even then, Pogba might be eyeing Madrid. So we could essentially be in need of an entire new midfield within 10 months.
"Where is Fred ? " will be a new TV show in the UK

Noc-Z

ffs
As posted in his player thread:

Followed by this from skysports today:

"The coach must opt for the team that will fight for the title and if he does not win, he bears the responsibility..

In the first two or three games he picked the team without me,"
Matic added. "I work as hard as I can. We respect the decision, it's up to me to show him that he was wrong and to bring me back to where I belong.

"There is no problem. I told him I disagreed with him but that he had to decide the team."

So does he have a case? Reminds me of when Valencia "accidently" liked an insta post against Jose and was dropped until he exited the club last season. I don't think Ole can afford to be so ruthless.
I think Ole can afford to be ruthless here as Matic is dire. Does he have a case? No, he shouldn't be in the team as he's not good enough. But it's only right that he would want to be included. Silly instagram post to like though. Should show more maturity than to like that.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
If Martial and Pogba can like posts against the manager on Instagram with the Caf being alright with it and with the club not giving a feck about it, there's absolutely nothing wrong with Matic, or whoever, following the same route to express his aggravation. Either the fanbase is OK with it or not and either the club believes they should monitor what the players post on social media or they don't. Anything other than that is double standards.
I agree to the extent he can say what he likes. However I think players who are clearly in our future plans sounding off here and there, which could annoy fans and could lead to disciplinary action from the club, is one thing. Players like Matic who haven't consistently performed for us in over a year making disgruntled noises about not being picked is another; fans cannot take seriously players who do all of their talking off the pitch and are naturally inclined to give more leeway to players who can potentially do good things for us on the field.

future2future

He isn't playing anyway so if he really is a disruptive problem maker in the dressing room drop him altogether and sell in January. You can't go on the record saying stuff like this when the season just started. You certainly do not have the teams best interests in mind.

Tarrou

Players are so thick at times. Blabbing about it in the media isn't going to increase your chances of getting picked now is it.

prateik

He is done. Only play him if needed. He can leave if he wants more games.

redpatron

Not really surprised, there’s was a report last year in his performance thread, a guy from Serbia claimed a coach told him to find a new club and another coach told him, he wasn’t going to be sold due to the depth issue. If I were to guess it Sounds like ole and Carrick. Ole has been ruthless, while carrick’s been looking out for his ex teammates.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
I think social networking has severaly hindered the maturity and face-to-face skills of most professional footballers.

And anyway, Matic is done as an elite footballer. Unless he plays in a 4-5-1 team.