Is Matic ruffling Ole's feathers | Starting counter-attacks like a boss

Sylar

Yeah there isn't. I mean you can't take it out of context as him saying the win is cos of matic. But then again you gotta be a dick to read it like that when you have the full quotes available

Still want him gone in the summer but the quotes in the link are quite decent and level headed.

davidmichael

I would honestly rather see Garner given any minutes this season that Matic would get and use Fred alongside Pogba and McTominay if we play a 3 man midfield until we sign a new defensive midfielder either in January or next summer.

As I just said in another thread Matic and Mata are simply of no use to us anymore as neither fit in with how we’re trying to play much like Sanchez and Lukaku didn’t either which is why both were moved on, Matic has been awful for at least 18 months now and even in pre season looked to have actually regressed more.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
"But I am doing my best to change his mind and persuade him to put me on the pitch and the season is long. Today as you saw I played and we won the game, I am happy so we will see in the future what the coach decides
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...-news/man-utd-academy-graduates-team-16922161
Today we played with 10 vs 12 and still won the game. Matic was Leicester's best player

If this is him doing his best to change Ole's mind then he won't play much this season.

SirAF

Ageist
Yeah there isn't. I mean you can't take it out of context as him saying the win is cos of matic. But then again you gotta be a dick to read it like that when you have the full quotes available

Still want him gone in the summer but the quotes in the link are quite decent and level headed.
Agreed.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Love how Ole has completely discarded him. Hopefully we get rid in January.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I innitially thought he was injured.
But,hopefully,he's definitely set for a move in January.

Matic was always going to be a questionable signing and it's turned out to be the case.

ICHM

A waste of £42M, the sooner he goes the better, the slower game in Italy will suit him more.

DanClancy

I know he'll be out the door next summer when his contract or possibly in January if United bring someone in but is he out through injury currently?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
A waste of £42M, the sooner he goes the better, the slower game in Italy will suit him more.
The Italian league is actually quite fast. It's no longer the slow paced league it was in the 90's.
What would help Matic more though,if he were to go to Italy,is the fact many of the top teams ultimately keep the ball better.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Hopefully we can offload him in January. He brings nothing to do team, and despite our midfield being by far our weakest area, we look significantly better with him out of it. Says everything really.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Love how Ole has completely discarded him. Hopefully we get rid in January.
He is injured isn't he~? Thought he had an operation of some sorts.

Alabaster Codify7

Out the door in January, clearly.
If we replace him with a good midfielder, that'd be okay for January as I don't expect any signings.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Still think there is a very good player in him . It's just that, he doesn't fit Ole's supposed vision (like Lukaku)

Lot many teams will take a chance on him though.

Gerald G

He's injured and was in Dubai with Shaw recovering. They're both back in Manchester though so I would expect both to feature in the next couple of games

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Still think there is a very good player in him . It's just that, he doesn't fit Ole's supposed vision (like Lukaku)

Lot many teams will take a chance on him though.
Not sure about that, he was horrendous under Jose last season too. Legs have gone completely

Dve

So all these "professional" players are professional only when they are play every game.
Yup. Just look at Lukaku, praising Solskjær when he got to play, now praising Conte for "knowing how to motivate a player" = giving him play time. Great professionals.

DVG7

A waste of 40mil imo.
I can't help but feeling this is a bit harsh. I think his performance in his first season alone justified at least 75% of that transfer fee, and even though he's not playing at the moment , you have to hope that his name and previous performance level carries some weight around a dressing room that contains plenty of young players who could learn a thing or two from what Matic was like at his best.

This was his debut, and it wasn't sensationalism to say afterwards that he had immediately plugged a hole we had been desperate to fill for a while at that time.

Robertd0803

The problem was he was never going to get more than a season or 2 at the most at his highest level. As it stands most of us here dont know if he is injured or just discarded by Ole.

Dr Foo

I can't help but feeling this is a bit harsh. I think his performance in his first season alone justified at least 75% of that transfer fee, and even though he's not playing at the moment , you have to hope that his name and previous performance level carries some weight around a dressing room that contains plenty of young players who could learn a thing or two from what Matic was like at his best.

This was his debut, and it wasn't sensationalism to say afterwards that he had immediately plugged a hole we had been desperate to fill for a while at that time.
Absolutely. He was real class in the first 6 months (or less), and for a while him and pogba made it seem like midfield was our strongest area. Composed and classy on the ball and ballwinner without. Sadly his mobility and legs and sharpness have gone. But there's still a player in there in glimpses

Cantonagotmehere

Totally agree, at the beginning he helped a ton. Hopefully we can find a young Matic in the market.

Alfie092

Desperately wanted Fabinho that summer when we signed Matic. However, once we signed Matic I knew we would only get 1-2 seasons of real quality from him at most.

Only got 1 good year out of him at the end, with his legs and sharpness now unfortunately almost gone.

If we can get Inter to take him in the January window we should look to offload but only if we can get a replacement in because of the lack of bodies in midfield. Can play a role in the Europe League, cup competitions and off the bench for a few minutes in the Premier League.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Desperately wanted Fabinho that summer when we signed Matic. However, once we signed Matic I knew we would only get 1-2 seasons of real quality from him at most.

Only got 1 good year out of him at the end, with his legs and sharpness now unfortunately almost gone.

If we can get Inter to take him in the January window we should look to offload but only if we can get a replacement in because of the lack of bodies in midfield. Can play a role in the Europe League, cup competitions and off the bench for a few minutes in the Premier League.
More like 2 months.

He faded fast.

Based Adnan

He wasn't helped by the fact that we had no replacement for him and as a result he played every week and was run into the ground. Not as bad a transfer as some people are making out imo but now is probably the best time to move him on.

Judas

Open to offers
He had a short period where he was good, but most predicted he would be a short term signing. Wasn't always shite for us, but as usual this place has to be extreme.