Is Neymar a childish brat?

Eddy_JukeZ

Looks like that guy pulled a Neymar on Neymar.

Went down on minimal contact.

Edit: Or rather embellished it to be more precise.

Eddy_JukeZ

He’s done more defending in that clip than his entire professional career. Must be working on becoming a two way player.
Some of you here just make up things.

When Barcelona switched to a 3 back during the 2016-2017 season towards the latter stages for a few games, Neymar was essentially a wing-back.

Insisting Neymar doesn't track back is a flat out lie.

RoyH1

The image he displays from the field is not helped with what surrounds him off it. His venomous leech of father/agent and his entourage (the nefarious Toiss) doesn't make him seem like most humble and mature of players.

The problem is that he's such a figure of worship in Brazil, that it's nearly impossible for him to stay grounded. I suppose Tuchel might push him in that direction, but it would not surprise me a bit if PSG sells him after this season, once they see that juice might not be worth the squeeze.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He's always been a bit of an idiot, and then Brazil practically held a national funeral because he got injured in 2014. Idolise and idiot and you'll get an even bigger idiot.

He's not like Ronaldo or Messi, where he's started at a big club but had to earn his way and his reputation. He was just thrust into the limelight as Brazil's answer to everything. Similar to what the Engllish media used to try to do to our players. Where was the character/mentality building ever going to happen?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The PSG move changed, or perhaps, revealed his personality, and he has been very disappointing in terms of handling being 'the man' on the European stage since that apparent elevation.

He went to PSG and initially had all the spotlight and attention on him (before the arrival of Mbappe) and he hasn't carried himself like a potential all-time great is supposed to in terms of leading the team, either by example or by being their beacon of hope.

He wasn't fit, or at least 100%, at the World Cup, and he compensated for that by acting like a theatrical diva, which was a let down. If he was wary of being tackled and felt his pace and form weren't there, he should've utilised a minimalist approach instead of going the other way and becoming a ball-hogging drama queen.

The biggest problem with Neymar is that what he is is intrinsic in a way that's unique even amongst the elite of the game - he was a superstar, saviour of the planet during his formative development. He wasn't protected or nurtured in the way Messi, Rooney or any other child prodigy I can think of was; he was outright paraded, told, displayed as 'the one' who will be the next true great out of Brazil. Not even Ronaldo (nor Ronaldinho) was projected as that at such an early age, and it simply has to do something de-constructive to the mind if you've not got good people around you, which Neymar didn't, so his moments of good behaviour and playing fiddle in line with others, or even forcibly accepting he's a tier below someone else, all of which happened at Barcelona, is actually the outlier in his career.

I don't see him changing for the better in terms of ego and antics unless there's either a massive public backlash against him - not just a brief moment of memes on the internet, but actually him being a solid talking point on football shows etc around the world - or a moment of epiphany where he realises time isn't on his side and he is letting himself down as talents around him challenge for the #1 spot once the '2' truly wind down and relinquish it, over him. I think the moment someone wins the WPOTY not named Messi or Ronaldo and it's not him, is the time he will have to take a step back and have a think because he has thought and been told, since god knows how long, that that crown will be his and bought into it wholeheartedly.

PSG might have brought him spotlight and attention that he craved, but developmentally, it's been a costly exercise at a time when he should be taking his game, and his approach to it, to the next level. If he does finally get his move to Madrid, it will be interesting to see if it's the true making of him or whether it'll be a continuation of the petulance that he's infamous for - really couldn't call it either way.

btw, that clip in the OP is no display of him being a brat. It shows he's a competitor and won't accept being outdone even in a lower level game - something that is rife amongst big players.

the_irish123

The problem is Neymar is the first guy people confuse his off field antics with his actual production.

I hear many people saying his move to PSG was a failure, and when you look at his stats he had probably one of the best season a footballer has ever had statistically per minute played (goals+assists/minute + chances created). Even though it is Ligue 1, Mbappe also plays there and was eclipsed. And people forget he didn't get a chance to play CL home tie.

In the World Cup, he came off a Jones fracture and months without even setting a foot on the ground. He basically had like 2 weeks to do get in shape and play the toughest competition in sports. His production was actually good, he created 3rd most chances in competition and put them through against mexico.

Fifa left him off that top10 list which to me is baffling. Hazard got into the list and gets so much love, even though he 'carried' Chelsea to 5th place with an astouding 9 goals or something. To say Hazard had a better season than him in such a unanimous way is mind boggling to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: van der star

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He tackled the guy to win the ball back. That's nothing serious.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Stop lauding him at such a young posting age. It will inevitably lead him to buy into his own hype and turn him into a shit-posting twat.
:lol: he'll try and maneuver past SteveJ, get caught out and then try to shoulder charge him too.

Impulse

In the World Cup, he came off a Jones fracture and months without even setting a foot on the ground.
Bloody hell! Has Phil spent so much time in the treatment room that they've named an injury after him?

bpet15

Some of you here just make up things.

When Barcelona switched to a 3 back during the 2016-2017 season towards the latter stages for a few games, Neymar was essentially a wing-back.

Insisting Neymar doesn't track back is a flat out lie.
My post was made in jest. Neymar has a ton of talent, but it obvious for everyone to see that he is an absolute cnut on the field. He reminds me of an 18 year old Ronaldo, but for the fact that Neymar hasn't yet grown out of his tricks and antics quite yet. If he were just to go play and use his talent without all the additional bullshit, no one would deny his talent level.

meamth

Nah, if he is coming here fans would wet themselves anyway.

He could easily have that no.10 shirt.

Fenomeno9

The antics have now overshadowed his game. So, everything he has done prior is forgotten.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Why would he grow up? He's known since he was 15 he was going to be a pro and a millionaire, people have pandered to him and he has probably never been told no. The first time he wasn't adored and the best player in the squad, he left. Now he's the most expensive player and barely has to put in any effort in a PSG team that walks their league.

Reckon he will be done by 31

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Surely you can admit that he is, even through your bias?
You can have your reasons for despising him but is doing a small foul trying to win back the ball in a 5 a side game really worth creating a thread calling him names?

Scarlet_Emperor

Supports
CR Flamengo
Yeaahh.... I agree Neymar acts like a spoiled teenager and makes a lot of people cringe with their behaviour on and even off the pitch. Unfortunately, he looks like to be a rather conceited person surrounded by apple polishers, including his own father, who didn't help him in fact but inflate his ego. I can also say all this hatred for him demonstrated here seems quite overblown though. As far as I could see, his personality is far from being as despicable as a jerk who slept with his teammate's girlfriend or brother's wife for a such time or a stupid racist who refuses to shake hands with someone who has a different colour skin. Not that Neymar deserves to be pampered as if he had royal blood - it's even healthy to give him some constructive criticism so as to find his own way like CR7 did for good. But this wave of chagrin has gone on long enough - this video is just a proof how people tend to turn everything he does into a storm into a teacup.

TheLiverBird

Not everyone put on a pedestal becomes an ungrounded C U Next Tuesday

Neymar however, certainly is, of the highest order aswel

But in fairness, he kind of never stood a chance, Brazil haven't put him on a Pedestal, they have bloody replaced "God" the Almighty one, with Neymar! he's everything and the greatest thing the entire Universe has ever created in their eyes

That was always going to go to his head when he realised this

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
@Ecstatic: You will like this from me I think
I think the whole thing is overblown, Neymar is judged too harshly for off the pitch stuff
I'm relax and I would even say I'm a bit bored of the discussions about Neymar :)

I understand the criticisms but it's a pity that his skills and CV are 'underrated' because of his diva attitude. People overreact with him.
Why would he grow up? He's known since he was 15 he was going to be a pro and a millionaire, people have pandered to him and he has probably never been told no. The first time he wasn't adored and the best player in the squad, he left. Now he's the most expensive player and barely has to put in any effort in a PSG team that walks their league. Reckon he will be done by 31
Are you a journalist or a football consultant? :wenger:
Yeaahh.... I agree Neymar acts like a spoiled teenager and makes a lot of people cringe with their behaviour on and even off the pitch. Unfortunately, he looks like to be a rather conceited person surrounded by apple polishers, including his own father, who didn't help him in fact but inflate his ego. I can also say all this hatred for him demonstrated here seems quite overblown though. As far as I could see, his personality is far from being as despicable as a jerk who slept with his teammate's girlfriend or brother's wife for a such time or a stupid racist who refuses to shake hands with someone who has a different colour skin. Not that Neymar deserves to be pampered as if he had royal blood - it's even healthy to give him some constructive criticism so as to find his own way like CR7 did for good. But this wave of chagrin has gone on long enough - this video is just a proof how people tend to turn everything he does into a storm into a teacup.
Agreed

The problem is Neymar is the first guy people confuse his off field antics with his actual production.

I hear many people saying his move to PSG was a failure, and when you look at his stats he had probably one of the best season a footballer has ever had statistically per minute played (goals+assists/minute + chances created). Even though it is Ligue 1, Mbappe also plays there and was eclipsed. And people forget he didn't get a chance to play CL home tie.

In the World Cup, he came off a Jones fracture and months without even setting a foot on the ground. He basically had like 2 weeks to do get in shape and play the toughest competition in sports. His production was actually good, he created 3rd most chances in competition and put them through against mexico.

Fifa left him off that top10 list which to me is baffling. Hazard got into the list and gets so much love, even though he 'carried' Chelsea to 5th place with an astouding 9 goals or something. To say Hazard had a better season than him in such a unanimous way is mind boggling to me.
Excellent post.

@Damien Please promote this guy :angel:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I'm relax and I would even say I'm a bit bored of the discussions about Neymar :)

I understand the criticisms but it's a pity that his skills and CV are 'underrated' because of his diva attitude. People overreact with him.

Are you a journalist? :wenger:

Agreed

Excellent post.

@Damien Please promote this guy :angel:
That is I try to avoid doing. Being biased because of other things when it comes to judging the footballer. I still he is the closest thing we have to a Ronaldinho in terms of pure magic. He just needs to focus more during games

DaGOAT

like Mbappé is for example. He also wants to be the best player in the world, but says he doesn't care about individual trophies, says it's a team game and doesn't dive or cheat.
Surely you are joking? Or are you really this unaware? Mbappe displayed some pathetic diving during the WC to go with unsportsmanlike action, and the world got to see his behavior. Not quite as high on the cnut scale as Neymar, but high enough. Honestly can't believe you just wrote that. Mbappe seems like a proper cnut.
Don't let his smile or his generosity (i.e. donating his World Cup winnings to charity) fool you.

Here are two examples:
https://www.clippituser.tv/c/vxbwra

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/dgynbq

Last edited:

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
He seems a decent sort off the field. I think people find it hard to warm to him (like Lewis Hamilton, with whom he's sometimes been seen and who also seems a decent sort) because his public image is polished to blandness by publicists, teams etc.

His diving isn't great but I can understand the frustration of a forward who's fouled and who isn't defended by refs without showing clearly what happened.

He goes overboard sometimes, I think (those Manga expressions don't help) but it's understandable that he does.