Is Neymar a childish brat?

Bondi77

I truly dislike him, seriously there’s no player in any sport I dislike more than him. He embodies everything I dislike about the game with his diving. He has impacted a generation in a bad way of being divers. He is brazilian and after having so many likeable players like Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Kaká, etc now seeing someone like Neymar really changed the way I see brazilian Players and football overall.

Now after saying that I think the red card wasn’t deserved the other player was clearly bitching about it. I guess Neymar got one from all the ones that he’s made.
Rivaldo!!!!!
Really??

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Interesting how this thread gets bumped for a Ligue 1 game but quiet after a CL quarter final. :lol:

41 goals and 26 assists in 66 games for the brat.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Interesting how this thread gets bumped for a Ligue 1 game but quiet after a CL quarter final. :lol:

It’s a thread about him being a brat, not about his performances football wise. He wasn’t a brat today so no bump.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It’s a thread about him being a brat, not about his performances football wise. He wasn’t a brat today so no bump.
It's the only thread I've seen lately for him, granted plenty of material there, but if there's another thread for him, the point remains no one's talking about his good performances but jump at his failures.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
It's the only thread I've seen lately for him, granted plenty of material there, but if there's another thread for him, the point remains no one's talking about his good performances but jump at his failures.
He’s a tremendous player and I don’t understand the naysayers at all

RooneyLegend

Neither do I but his petulant tendencies have led him to being targeted by opposition players which leads to injuries. He'd help himself out if he didn't disrespect opponents. Amazing player though, always has been. Injuries are the only thing that's held him back.

wr8_utd

:'(
Still easily a Top 5 player in the world and a really pity he left that Barca team. Him and Messi could have dominated for so much longer. The hate he gets on here and even in football in general is a bit strange.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Neither do I but his petulant tendencies have led him to being targeted by opposition players which leads to injuries. He'd help himself out if he didn't disrespect opponents. Amazing player though, always has been. Injuries are the only thing that's held him back.
Yes the injuries have been a big problem. I don’t recall him being injured this frequently at Barca though. Maybe I’m misremembering it

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Yes the injuries have been a big problem. I don’t recall him being injured this frequently at Barca though. Maybe I’m misremembering it
He had Messi there being the focus for the opposition to kick down. Now it's him

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
I don't think anyone can doubt his quality/talent, I think most just dish out on him due to his personality/behaviour/antics etc.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I don't think anyone can doubt his quality/talent, I think most just dish out on him due to his personality/behaviour/antics etc.
Not only that, they know he has a tendency to respond and can get himself in trouble or sent off. He has been sent off 11 times so far in his career, it's easy to get under his skin and I think Kimmich was testing him a few times there but he managed to keep his cool.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

Bump: Guess what, he acted like a brat last night too!

Still easily a Top 5 player in the world and a really pity he left that Barca team. Him and Messi could have dominated for so much longer. The hate he gets on here and even in football in general is a bit strange.
Yeah, it's really strange that people don't like 29 year old guy who has potential to be the best in the world but acts like 13 year old on the pitch, and does thing like going out on his sister birthday and missing games, etc., while competitive season is around.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The timing for the first assist was great, he took out Sule at the right moment to give Mbappe a lot of space. The 2nd one was pure genius as far as I'm concerned

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
I pity the people who hate Neymar so much that they cannot enjoy his football

Must be a miserable existence

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He gets kicked a fecking lot in the match, is it really a surprise that he tends to act like a "brat" on the pitch? In full flow, he's the most enjoyable player to watch in the world right now(Messi, unfortunately no longer goes on a full run these days :( ).

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He gets kicked a fecking lot in the match, is it really a surprise that he tends to act like a "brat" on the pitch? In full flow, he's the most enjoyable player to watch in the world right now(Messi, unfortunately no longer goes on a full run these days :( ).
Exactly. Somehow the players who kicks shit out him are brave hearts and tough players, him retaliating means he is a prat.

don’t worry he’s easy enough to ignore at PSG.

No one doubts his talent.

He’s clearly a giant tit though, and so is mocked. Unfortunately for him, it’s why the neutral has no affection for him, and frankly won’t be remembered as a great player. remembered more for celebrating his sisters birthdays...

He will be ignored playing out his best years in Paris.

thepolice123

Not the biggest Neymar fan but I genuinely cannot remember anything cnutish from him in the match. In fact I think Kimmich behaved more like a brat despite being my MOTM. Was arguing with the ref the entire game. You can see he shut up straight after receiving the yellow card. :lol:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

He’s clearly a giant tit though, and so is mocked. Unfortunately for him, it’s why the neutral has no affection for him, and frankly won’t be remembered as a great player. remembered more for celebrating his sisters birthdays...

Maybe for you he won't be remembered as a great player, but in reality he will be.

Will probably end up being Brazil's NT top scorer with a lot of club trophies and one champions league.

Maybe for you he won't be remembered as a great player, but in reality he will be.

Will probably end up being Brazil's NT top scorer with a lot of club trophies and one champions league.
he won’t be remembered in the way his talent deserves.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Football unanimously comes together and chooses certain players to hate, and sometimes it’s totally justified. But when one of them is quite clearly one of the best players in the world, it seems so strange to me. Especially when at full flow Neymar is one of the very few players who still play with that style and verve people complain is missing in the modern game!

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He’s an annoying tit. It’s more than possible to enjoy football while finding Neymar an annoying tit who I enjoy seeing lose. It helps that he plays for a club that represents everything I loathe about modern football. I found him harder to dislike at Barca (still managed it though) No idea why anyone would get offended by this. There’s no obligation to be a fan of every world class footballer. There are plenty to choose from.

Last edited:

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
It really isnt, its very easy to dislike a cheating, whining, bitching immature fanny like him.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
He’s an annoying tit. It’s more than possible to enjoy football while finding Neymar an annoying tit who I enjoy seeing lose. It helps that he plays for a club that represents everything I loathe about football. I found him harder to dislike at Barca (still managed it though) No idea why anyone would get offended by this. There’s no obligation to be a fan of every world class footballer. There are plenty to choose from.
this - with the caveat I'd would probably be able to turn a blind eye to his antics if he was banging in 30 goals a season for us

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Must be quite the miserable existence to have the time to pity those that don't enjoy football the way you do

dal

He played us off the park at old Trafford and it was a masterclass.

The guy is a winner and I hope PSG win it, will make me feel better at losing to the eventual winners.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.

Won’t be remembered as a great player? That’s not true at all.

He’s also not being ignored in Paris I don’t think.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
He is always on the wind-up or trying to manipulate the officials. Can't stand him. Don't really care how brilliant he is,

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Won’t be remembered as a great player? That’s not true at all.

He’s also not being ignored in Paris I don’t think.
He's only ignored by those who think your career is irrelevant unless you're playing at Goodison Park and Turf Moor and the Britannia and Molineux and...

Canagel

Closest player to Ronaldinho today

Ignore his pratish side and enjoy watching him, not many players come like that anymore.
He is arguably better than Ronaldinho was. And Dinho was my favourite player and all-time great. But the combination of goalscoring prowess and creativity and passing of Neymar is unrivalled. Only Messi is on a par

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
He is arguably better than Ronaldinho was. And Dinho was my favourite player and all-time great. But the combination of goalscoring prowess and creativity and passing of Neymar is unrivalled. Only Messi is on a par
I don’t think he’s better than peak Ronaldinho, but I agree that he has the best current combination of skills in the world (goalscoring, passing, playmaking, dribbling etc) except for Messi

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Yeah, for sure. Was happy to turn a blind eye to Ronaldo’s antics at United, while finding him a complete bell-end ever since. And he’s a much better player than Neymar.
we worship a bloke who banged his brother wife because he wore our shirt so yeah ... short of an adam johnson i think most things will be overlooked

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

Great player - utter cnut

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He's a fantastic player, but how can people claim they don't understand why he gets so much hate? It's like not understanding why the smurfs dislike Gargamel. He's a cnut and he's trying to eat them.

Okay, not the best analogy, but seriously, it's not strange why people dislike Neymar.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
He's a fantastic player, but how can people claim they don't understand why he gets so much hate? It's like not understanding why the smurfs dislike Gargamel. He's a cnut and he's trying to eat them.

Okay, not the best analogy, but seriously, it's not strange why people dislike Neymar.
Well I tend to reserve such vitriol for people I’ve actually met or know (not that I’m in the habit of hating people, but you get my drift), not someone I’ve only seen in football matches on television or at a distance in a stadium.

But that’s just me, people are obviously free to dislike whoever they want to dislike. But we don’t really know any of these people. The poster who referenced Ryan Giggs made a good point in this regard. Who hated him? In fact, people still don’t hate him even now....

People say they hate Neymar because he dives and simulates, but all I see is people repeatedly trying to boot him up in the air, and he doesn’t have the most robust frame in the world to deal with such punishment.

I recall the World Cup game against Mexico when a guy very deliberately trod on his ankle when he was lying on the ground. He then began rolling around (quite understandably I thought) because he wanted to draw attention to the fact that this guy had trod on his ankle and tried to injure him. The commentators went postal on Neymar for rolling around and practically ignored the nasty act of the stamp. Not sure I get that mentality

Last edited: