Is Ole’s football really any better than José & LVG’s?

Amira

It was better for at first but this season has been worse. We barely participated in today’s game. Shocking.

UnitedWA

Hostage crisis by Ole and the board will continue until we are out of every chances for the silverware. Hopefully and tragically it will be really soon. I said I won't watch the games until I see "Ole the fisherman is fired" on the news, and luckily I am keeping my word so far.

The Hilton

This post has aged well though. From April this year.
Haha yeah the regression this season has been incredible. The things we used to do well under Ole (defending, mentality, etc) we've become rubbish at. Doesn't make it any less true at the time though.

There's still a huge amount of revisionist history in this thread through, as we've played more good stuff under Ole (not this season) than his predecessors.

That being said, it really does look like it's time to go.

el3mel

Haha yeah the regression this season has been incredible. The things we used to do well under Ole (defending, mentality, etc) we've become rubbish at. Doesn't make it any less true at the time though.

There's still a huge amount of revisionist history in this thread through, as we've played more good stuff under Ole (not this season) than his predecessors.

That being said, it really does look like it's time to go.
Nothing against you, I just thought it was funny because your post was the first quoted on last page when the thread was bumped.

ForeverRed1

Look at the stats. They don’t lie.

I saw something today which said.. 21% of Manchester United loses at home.. have come under oles management.

That’s the entire history of home games at old Trafford.
That’s a damning stat. Nearly a quarter.

Zlaatan

Parody Account

I saw something today which said.. 21% of Manchester United loses at home.. have come under oles management.

I think it was home games in the PL and not the entire history of Old Trafford. Still terrible though.

Juanuzayne

Ole’s football changes from game to game so I don’t even know how to answer this question. But the quality of product being put out is just as sh*t as LVG/Jose’s just before they were sacked.

Foxbatt

If the board has any sense he would have been fired long time ago.

Redfrog

It’s a bit weird to always compare our previous managers.

Can we just agree that the four of them were just bad appointements ?

Who was better or not doesn’t matter, they were all bad at the end, I don’t regret any of them and I will certainly not regret Ole.

Foxbatt

They were bad appointments but apart from Moyes who had 7 months others all won trophies.

dove

It’s a bit weird to always compare our previous managers.

Can we just agree that the four of them were just bad appointements ?

Who was better or not doesn’t matter, they were all bad at the end, I don’t regret any of them and I will certainly not regret Ole.
I think we should rank our managers by trophies won. So from best to worst:

1. Jose
2. LVG
3. Moyes

4. Ole

Redfrog

1. Jose
2. LVG
3. Moyes

4. Ole
I rate the FAcup more then Europa. It’s the oldest competition in the world and you can play the best English teams in it, while in Europa you are playing second rate European teams.

But with LVG it was the first time in my life that I found myself sleeping on the couch, it was just so boring.

dove

I rate the FAcup more then Europa. It’s the oldest competition in the world and you can play the best English teams in it, while in Europa you are playing second rate European teams.

But with LVG it was the first time in my life that I found myself sleeping on the couch, it was just so boring.
Yea but we won 2 trophies with Jose, 1 with LVG.

Redfrog

Yea but we won 2 trophies with Jose, 1 with LVG.
Yes , the two trophies I don’t rate :lol:
But overall, he was the best yes. After finishing second I kind of hoped we will get stronger but it seems every time we finish second it’s go to sh*t the next year :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There was no football from us today as we didn't have the ball at all.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

1. Jose
2. LVG
3. Moyes

4. Ole
On what grounds does Ole possibly come under Moyes?

Moyes took a team that had cruised the league - that's cruised the league - to 7th! Under Everton.
Ole has at least taken us to 2nd in the league, whatever disclaimers that might evoke.

But 7th in the league? From champs?
Imagine what he might have done if he'd picked up our lesser teams of the next 8 years!

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
The worst was probably under LVG as the team was super dull and boring, Moyes also delivered that infamous performance with I don't know how many crosses.

All in all the football isn't better under Ole or any sign of progress in terms of football style, whatever his vision might be. Then the football wasn't so great either under SAF in his last campaigns but he was a winner. So I'm not really certain what's the point of keeping Ole, unless they're looking right now into finding a proper replacement.

Lee565

Out of all the managers I prefers LvG as he came across as genuine, ole is the biggest fraud of them all peddling this whole united way rubbish when he is nothing but a pragmatic coach

Ralph1386

Out of all the managers I prefers LvG as he came across as genuine, ole is the biggest fraud of them all peddling this whole united way rubbish when he is nothing but a pragmatic coach
You can tell in his interviews that he’s lying through his teetg sometimes. Especially this season.

cyril C

Was it worse under Moyes? Home record wise?

Comparing with previous management, we are completely dysfunctional as a team, more like school boys running around. Mourinho-MU was most discipline on defence, you can always see 2 lines of defence, just too defensive in the last 15min. LVG-MU was discipline in passing, didn't have the right player to execute his plan, but at least a useful training exercise to learn how to ball-possession.

darko

Yes. It is better, but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't make a change. Under Jose, there were nineteen EPL teams that were more entertaining to watch.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Bruno's magical moments that were pulling us out of bad situations were the only thing better. We don't play any better as a team. Even though it was ineffective and he didn't have the personnel to do it, LVG was the only manager that implemented a style in our game.

AFC NimbleThumb

I may be in a very small camp but I wholeheartedly believe sacking LvG was the worst thing we did post Fergie.

I look at the youth talent we have & the way he had Rashford + Martial playing. Greenwood under LvG would be something else & we’d be seeing far more of our youth product.

His football was mind numbing at points but at least we had the ball.

Ixion

I think we've thoroughly deserved to win maybe 1 game this season (Leeds). Relying on a few amazing players to pull a rabbit out of the hat in the others isn't much of a style.

theklr

Ridiculous question really. Never a dull moment and always wanted to attack in some sort of way. the City games was just failed damage control , but even against Liverpool we tried and had chances in the beginning.

His intent were always clear and had alot of really really good attacing games, and the stats back that up

stw2022

At the same point in Mourinho’s final season we were 7th and four points off 4th. Now we’re 6th and five points off 4th

Denis79

Jose won 2 trophies think that's why he's above.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
I mean I just hated Mourinho, everything thing about him was depressing. His mentality, the way he handled him self in press conferences, the style of football he liked to play, I hated everything. Yeah we won a few trophies but we parked the bus all the way to the Europa league final. It was just depressing. I was so happy the day he got fired.
LVG was at least trying to build somthing, yeah he couldn’t get the team to pass the ball within any pace and always resorted to hoofing it to Fellaini. But at least he tried to get the team to play possession based football at first and was bringing through young players. But ultimately by the time he hired LVG he wasn’t the great visionary he once was.
Ole is just a nice man way way out of his depth. He has done a far better job than we had any right to expect and he should never of been given the job on a full time bases. Now the imbalance of the squad combined with the fact he just isn’t a great manager is just spiralling out of control