Is Ole’s football really any better than José & LVG’s?

Listar

This match is the perfect example of the difference between Ole and Mou.

Ole has made a team full of absolute lions, we simply don't know when we're beaten under him, even when not playing well.

Mou has his team being cynical, constant diving and trying to gain any advantage outside of playing football, and everyone is so afraid of making a mistake they don't try much.
To be honest I don't think Spurs team are that much worse than us. But the big difference for me is the mentality and style of play. When Mourinho was with us we were in awe of Poch Spurs and now he is with them they were in awe of ours.

There is only one constant in there.

Wewinsoon

To be honest I don't think Spurs team are that much worse than us. But the big difference for me is the mentality and style of play. When Mourinho was with us we were in awe of Poch Spurs and now he is with them they were in awe of ours.

There is only one constant in there.
I Mean Spurs have a better attack but everything other on the map is just weaker.

Not fair to blame mourinho.

Ludens the Red

Well at this point it’s now actually worse. To be putting on this display of football with these players is something else. We were boring as shit under LvG but we never got schooled like this. Even under Mourinho we’d still create the odd opening from his lump it to Fellaini go to tactic.
That’s three forty five minutes of football where I think we’ve mustered two shots on target.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It is better when you start bringing up 99 CL final aka unrelated stuff.

IrishRedDevil

Worse.

He’s choping and changing formations as he hasn’t a clue what he’s doing.

Now throwing Sancho and Donny on just to keep the fans happy.

spiriticon

Its worse now, way worse.

Jose could defend, LVG could keep possession. Ole's teams can do nowt.

Enigma_87

You know who
I’ve never ever seen United play worse since the last 30 years or so.

City were walking and passing for the entire second half. As soon as we try something that resembles a press they bypassed it with ease and should’ve scored at least couple more.

Idxomer

It was slightly better at one point but yeah it's much much worse now because we can't see this team going anywhere with these kinds of performances.

Delano

It's as bad as Moyes. We play like a bottom half team, without the "passion".

OverratedOpinion

It was for a period of about 3 months and then a couple of months here and there. The more I watch this season the more it becomes apparent that it was a very Avram Grant like achievement where he simply let the players go out there and do what they want.

Red Star One

The most desperate Ole defenders could've called the Liverpool game one off, but now in the span of few weeks we have been absolutely trashed by both of our biggest rivals at the Old Trafford, with our opponents taking the easiest points of the seasons, resting second half and opposition fans happily singing "Ole's at the wheel". You have to be really deluded to think we've seen anything worse in the post-Fergie era. What a disgrace, no style, no plan, cowardice all over the place.

MDFC Manager

It's worse than Moyesy at this point. More so when you factor in the time and money that's been allowed.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
No.

Ole has made some better signings but his football is average and he wins feck all trophies.

3rd best manager of the post SAF era.

el3mel

Even Moyes wasn't that embarrassing. At least the team was trying and fighting. This pathetic team gets schooled without the opposition breaking a sweat.

el3mel

This match is the perfect example of the difference between Ole and Mou.

Ole has made a team full of absolute lions, we simply don't know when we're beaten under him, even when not playing well.

Mou has his team being cynical, constant diving and trying to gain any advantage outside of playing football, and everyone is so afraid of making a mistake they don't try much.
This post has aged well though. From April this year.

acnumber9

He has no conviction to his own style. When he came in it was all talk about how attacking we’d be, how we’d be the hardest working team in the league, blah blah bullshit. At least under the rest the team was playing in a way the managers wanted them to. It was shite, but it was part of their plan. This is just chaos with no accountability.

tomaldinho1

Best collection of individuals we’ve had, worst football by a mile for me. LVG was boring but we never got humiliated.

James35

Ole plays shit football, is a shit manager with a shit CV. Regardless of who came before him.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Its no different from Mourinho. You could easily have stuck Mourinho in the duggout today and it would be a carbon copy. Six fecking years of City strolling onto Old Trafford schooling us in how to play football.

it is over for Ole. Maybe they might not sack him yet but it is over.

SAFMUTD

This is the worst football I've seen from us, even worse than LVG's insomnia's cure.

Ixion

He has spent more money than any other club since he arrived and we have the highest wage bill and in 3 years we've won nothing and we are now not any closer to the top sides than when he arrived. At least the other two won something.

justboy68

Under LVG we actually looked like a coached side who could pass the ball, about albeit in our own half.

I really believe with someone competent in charge of player signings, LVG could have done pretty well.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
It was better until this year and I don't know how anyone can deny that. Was it great? Not very often.

Please fire Ole and let's move on.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ole does make Jose and LVG look good. Which is damming in all honesty.

matt23

That game made me miss LvG. Was just as boring but at least we had a certain level of competency.

Irwin99

Under LVG we actually looked like a coached side who could pass the ball, about albeit in our own half.

I really believe with someone competent in charge of player signings, LVG could have done pretty well.
I was thinking during the match that LVG would do well with some of these attacking players now. Martial and Rashford played well under him. He probably wouldn't like Bruno though.