Is Paul Pogba being bullied and harassed on TV

SlimDizzle075

Ole's Brexit FC approach in the last window probably struck gold with his mates in the media too, remember. They can be very biased against foreign players so the fact their buddy Ole is targeting all these "hard working young Englishmen" will probably be a wet dream for them, meaning they're even less likely to criticize him.
How come they aren't biased against Sergio Aguero?
How come they weren't biased against Vidic?
How come they weren't biased against Henry?
Why weren't they biased against JS Park?
Yet they seemed to have a bias against Wayne Rooney?

and thats not to say those players have never been critcized over bad performance.. EVERYONE is subject to that.
More often then not people are criticized for there word and actions.
trying to pretend that there is a media bias against foriegners is simply a way for people not to take responsibility for their words and actions.

Alabaster Codify7

How come they aren't biased against Sergio Aguero?
How come they weren't biased against Vidic?
How come they weren't biased against Henry?
Why weren't they biased against JS Park?
Yet they seemed to have a bias against Wayne Rooney?

and thats not to say those players have never been critcized over bad performance.. EVERYONE is subject to that.
More often then not people are criticized for there word and actions.
trying to pretend that there is a media bias against foriegners is simply a way for people not to take responsibility for their words and actions.

I'm the first, and always have been the first, to slag off Pogba for his obvious, blatant want-out behaviour, words and actions. Check back at my posting history, I've been slagged off for being an apparent "ITK" based on something I was told last year regarding Pogba and his United 'future'.

The players you've listed above have all massively delivered the goods and been well-behaved. That's why they haven't been targeted. I didn't realise they had an agenda against Rooney - are we talking about the same people, here, mate? I'm talking about Scholes, Rio for example. Not the pundits who were commentating during the playing days of Park, Vidic and co.

Im not claiming there's a bias against foreigners. I'm concretely stating that our former Old Boys have an agenda against Pogba when there are other major things they could be criticising about our club right now - in particular, a lad they used to play with who happens to manage us, and several English players.

SlimDizzle075

I'm the first, and always have been the first, to slag off Pogba for his obvious, blatant want-out behaviour, words and actions. Check back at my posting history, I've been slagged off for being an apparent "ITK" based on something I was told last year regarding Pogba and his United 'future'.

The players you've listed above have all massively delivered the goods and been well-behaved. That's why they haven't been targeted. I didn't realise they had an agenda against Rooney - are we talking about the same people, here, mate? I'm talking about Scholes, Rio for example. Not the pundits who were commentating during the playing days of Park, Vidic and co.

Im not claiming there's a bias against foreigners. I'm concretely stating that our former Old Boys have an agenda against Pogba when there are other major things they could be criticising about our club right now - in particular, a lad they used to play with who happens to manage us, and several English players.
my point is there Agenda against Pogba is based legitimately in his words and actions. not because he isn't English. And the bias against Rooney never came from his teammates/ex teammates because they new the truth. they in this case is the overall British media, who to this day still say that the Highest Goal scorer in not only England's history, but Manchester United's history somehow under-performed or never lived up to his talent.

Last edited:

johanovic

That was kind of the point of my post. I'm seeing that most didn't understand what I meant in that statement and have taken it as a knock against Keane. That's the exact oppisite of my intentiions as I would take Keane over Pogba in a heartbeat...
Perhaps making the statement that "Pogba has more talent in his little finger than Roy Keane has ever had in his entire body" has a little to do with this reaction you are getting. I remember when Roy Keane got yellow carded in the semifinal against Juventus in 1999 and despite that meaning he would miss the Final he showed his character in giving a great captain´s performance and getting us through. Pogba would never give his all like Keane did because Pogba is all about himself. But all the best and have a good weekend. Hopefully we mangage to get through the FA cup on Sunday as these are difficult times we are going through.

Rolaholic

It's always polemic with Pogba.
Curious how it's only seemed to be the case since he came back to England after crickets on the controversy front when he was in Italy and crickets back home in France.

The same problems that persisted at the club before he arrived are still there yet he's now the one being blamed for much of them :lol:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
:lol: Oh ffs, come on, Really? He destabalised an entire season? you mean the season we won the treble? He overshadowed our run in? really, he overshadowed our run in to the treble? That was what you remember being the big news? Keane's contract and not the treble? Or the following season where he actually signed the contract at a time where he was voted the best player in the league by fellow players and the football writers? Come on, I've had a go at Keane plenty on this forum down the years but that's just hyperbolic nonsense there. And even the 'trying to get a better deal, most money for himself', presumably you think Pogba wasn't doing the same in negotiating with Raiola and United?

What negative impact did Keane ever have on our squad? again are we talking about the "destabalising" of our treble season? Because if you look up 'negative impact' and 'destabalising' winning a historic treble doesn't really fit in with that. Even his on air rant that he was punished for (something Pogba hasn't been for his agent mouthing off) most United players were fine with it. It's well documented the likes of Fletcher, Smith, Rio didn't take issue with it. We actually beat a formidable Chelsea side in the game directly after it. It was Sir Alex who had the biggest problem with it. With all that being said, even the incidents that painted Keane in a bad light came from a good place, standards were not being met and unfortunately he was gobby and made it known. I have far more respect for that then someone who hides behind their fat egotistical, self indulgent agent.
Furhter to that about the ' project not working' and 'trophies cant be won'. Pogba started this angling to leave business after a measly two seasons at the club. Two years of which he won two trophies in his first season and in his second we came 2nd, unfortunately this isn't Italy and we're not Juventus, we can't just win everything with ease. It didn't take very long for Pogba to throw his toys out the pram.

I don't think Scholes refusing to play one time in twenty years of fantastic service is really that bad when you think about it. And you don't have to imagine Pogba doing anything close to that because his agent as already done that for him. Worth noting Paul Scholes never had an agent.
It wasn’t the treble season when he ran his contract down. Ffs at least get that right quoting my post. Haven’t bothered reading the rest.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
He’s the footballing equivalent to Meghan Markle.
Interesting comparison, and yeah, there's something in that...

.....it's a lived experience, some of you will never understand it but some of us see where it comes from and how it manifests itself. It's that entrenched in some people, and they don't even know they are doing it.
*nods solemnly* Completely correct.

So personally I think he is being "bullied" it's clear as day, especially from the likes of Keane and Scholes. Keane, as pointed out in this thread is not exactly the beacon of harmony in teams e.g Ireland and for us. Scholes has had his issues too, as pointed out already.

Now as I've seen a few posts hint on this, I think the Pogba and Meghan Markle situation are similar. I do not think they are outright based on racism, but racism does play a part with some of the abuse from some people. There's an unnerving feeling of white British harmony (British Royal Family, Manchester United) being ruined by the foreigner coming in. As in both cases, I think the abuse based on racism is subtle on purpose, in order for it to not be validated. But this is something welllllll beyond a football forum, so I will leave that POV there.

What IS more clear is the basic xenophobic aspect of the abuse. Pogba did not deserve ANY negative mention after that Liverpool game, we had shit all over the pitch for 90 minutes to be concerned about. But Keane or Scholes will never critise their old buddies and whether you call that brotherhood or not, it is not professional spouting this abuse to the public.

I like Pogba. I like Pogba's style. I like Pogba back at United. But Pogba represents a modern day, culturally aware black footballer and some people just do not know how to handle it, especially at Manchester United where we are doing shit. I'm used to the modern day players who may "milly rock" after scoring, have an Insta story of them listening to some hip-hop or having a different hair style than the usual, as I am a young(ish) black male. But for the likes of Scholes and Keane, etc who aren't as modern or cultural I can see why Pogba is a target. I don't like it and I don't listen to it.

"Just do your job and keep your head down"
"Stop being flashy"
"*insert slang style impersonation here*"
Excellent, excellent post. Please post more. And welcome to the forum.

Yep! so much talent that he has 24 goals and 25 assists in his entire time with us (4 years now) and cost us 95 million + drama + "injuries" ...

You know there are defenders in the league with half those stats already in this season, no point in having all that talent when your mind is focused on social media, stupid haircuts and little football, players like Pogba are a disgrace to what this club is all about.
Good stats? Are you kidding me?
He's been playing in a fecking 2 man midfield most of this time, in a crap team! Those numbers are incredible!

And since you're using goals and assists to argue the Keane v Pogba angle...

Pogba - played 99 - scored 24

Keane - played 326 - scored 33

Also please note - Roy Keane brought Man Utd and Fergie waaaaay more disruption than Pogba has at present! Like WAAAAAY more.

He was also way more unprofessional with his drinking / hangovers etc.

Roy Keane was a different player to Pogba and a great leader on the pitch, but if you're gonna stick the boot into Pogba's goal / assist stats and behaviour you probably wanna use a different comparison than Keane.

Or... Paul Scholes has a better perspective on this club than you ever will?

Pogba is finished here, for the second time. Without ever being the player he could have been.

Massive disappointment.
You got it the wrong way 'round - Pogba is literally a current Man Utd player... and Scholes is actually finished here.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Perhaps making the statement that "Pogba has more talent in his little finger than Roy Keane has ever had in his entire body" has a little to do with this reaction you are getting. I remember when Roy Keane got yellow carded in the semifinal against Juventus in 1999 and despite that meaning he would miss the Final he showed his character in giving a great captain´s performance and getting us through. Pogba would never give his all like Keane did because Pogba is all about himself. But all the best and have a good weekend. Hopefully we mangage to get through the FA cup on Sunday as these are difficult times we are going through.
That is exactly the point I'm making. I can't help it if everyone at TheCaf takes everything so literally. I would hope some could learn to read between the lines and know what I meant when I said "i know who I would take"...obvously it's Keane

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Fantastic replies. I would like to add two points. One, while players had football agents negotiating for them Roy Keane had his solicitors which allowed him to deal with the club from a position if power. Two, didn't Pep say that Pogba was offered to City, in Pogba's 2nd season? Is he a liar?
really wasnt. the guy can’t even remember which season Keane held us to ransom. It was t the treble year. Ffs

Red_toad

Keane the other night stated something about Pogba’s ‘behaviour’ when he talking after the match. No idea what that issue is, but maybe he knows something or feels he’s not doing the right thing by the club.
So maybe the agenda is because they know something and strongly disagree with his actions.

For me allowing your brother (same like Shaw did) and/ or agent to spout crap about their employer, who are paying them hundreds of thousands a week is just wrong, it’s indefensible and unprofessional.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Ffs, how many cup competitions or league wins has Pogba dragged this club too. He cant be absolved of all the blame just because we are in a mess right now. Keane had his flaws but he was a warrior on the pitch who commanded everything around including the opposition. A player today in the same vein of Keane would hand Pogba his arse every day of the week.
What has this got to do with Keane being an absolute nuisance at times off the pitch ? Far more troublesome than Pogba has ever been. Why bring up on the pitch stuff. It’s totally irrelevant and if you read my post it states Keane as a player and as a nuisance wins hands down. I honestly don’t know why you bothered replying to my post. It’s nothing to do with performance on the pitch. It’s about the fact Pogba has clearly behaved far better than Keane in terms of off the pitch conduct, Keane himself was also open to leaving and let it be known throughout an entire season, so he can’t exactly slag Pogba off for suggesting the time might be right for a new challenge when he himself considered the same. Honestly don’t know what part of this you missed.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's never going to be treated fairly here, there's people who try to call him unprofessional or a cancer when he's universally loved and respected by every coach and teammates he's encountered (outside maybe of Mourinho, and I think Mourinho is far more to blame and has a history of this as opposed to Pogba).

He's absolutely been bullied, and his character has been assassinated many times in the process. The problem when you state those obvious things is that people think it means you're saying he's been perfect on the field when that's not the case. He's had poor games as well, he's not been able to break out of the team's inconsistency, which ultimately has made him inconsistent as well. However, that doesn't excuse or allow going beyond the performances on the field and start attacking his character. The fact that he's black, foreign, and rich definitely has something to do with it as well.

When he's fit to play and posting on social media, people get on him. He's been hurt and not been posting much, people are getting on him for not supporting the club. He changes hairstyles, there's deriding comments and calls of unprofessionalism or diva-like attitude where you will never find a coach or teammate that can accuse him of that. Some of the hypocrisy from the old United players that have been pointed out in this thread would be farcical if they weren't so pathetic and out of touch with reality. These "experts" are crying out for the team to improve and yet are doing everything they can to drive its best talent out of the team for years now, before he even wanted out. If you think other players aren't looking at how Pogba is being treated when they're weighing their options for their next career move, you're crazy. This will have an impact far beyond just Pogba and will affect future transfer dealings, without a doubt.

I have said it and will keep saying it, Pogba is a consummate professional, a good person/teammate, and he deserves much better. I don't think he'll find that at Real Madrid necessarily, I would like to see him back at Juventus despite the racism issues that Italy is plagued with (though not solely). In the end, all I can say is shame on those pundits, some of the posters here, and those who keep feeding this narrative of an unprofessional, locker room cancer.
In the end, Pogba is a world champion, successful both financially and achievements on the field, and I hope he finds a place where he can be happy and treated fairly. It clearly isn't at Manchester United or in England. I commend OGS for how he's defended him, but it's a losing battle against this sort of media, pundits, and fans.

Alabaster Codify7

Keane the other night stated something about Pogba’s ‘behaviour’ when he talking after the match. No idea what that issue is, but maybe he knows something or feels he’s not doing the right thing by the club.
So maybe the agenda is because they know something and strongly disagree with his actions.

For me allowing your brother (same like Shaw did) and/ or agent to spout crap about their employer, who are paying them hundreds of thousands a week is just wrong, it’s indefensible and unprofessional.
100% agree

Know what else is worthy of criticism? Managing like an amateur and coming out with soundbites that would make Moyes cringe. Where is the criticism from The Old Boys Club? They were heavy on Jose who won trophies and finished 2nd..... something Ole apparently needs 4yrs to achieve.

I guess pogba is unlucky to have not played with them.

Where's the criticism for Lingard? Bloke earns 100k a week as a starting number 10 and hasn't scored or assisted in over a year in the league

Pogbas unlucky to not be A Local Lad.

Please note man, I wanted pogba sold in the summer and two quality midfielders coming in. He clearly wanted out and still does. I'm just highlighting the sort of Boot Room double standards that is leading our club into the wilderness.

fergiesarmy1

Interesting comparison, and yeah, there's something in that...

*nods solemnly* Completely correct.

Excellent, excellent post. Please post more. And welcome to the forum.

He's been playing in a fecking 2 man midfield most of this time, in a crap team! Those numbers are incredible!

And since you're using goals and assists to argue the Keane v Pogba angle...

Pogba - played 99 - scored 24

Keane - played 326 - scored 33

Also please note - Roy Keane brought Man Utd and Fergie waaaaay more disruption than Pogba has at present! Like WAAAAAY more.

He was also way more unprofessional with his drinking / hangovers etc.

Roy Keane was a different player to Pogba and a great leader on the pitch, but if you're gonna stick the boot into Pogba's goal / assist stats and behaviour you probably wanna use a different comparison than Keane.

You got it the wrong way 'round - Pogba is literally a current Man Utd player... and Scholes is actually finished here.
Take the penalties out of Pogba’s “goals”

fergiesarmy1

Why?

Do you do that for Ronaldo, or Messi? Or anyone else?

And why have you used quotation marks for the word "goals"...?

Are you suggesting that Pogba's goals are somehow pseudo?
At least if your going to compare him against a player who never took a penalty

Full bodied red

Whether the on-off-on-off-on-off saga of signing of Fernandes ( or someone....or anyone, please ) happens, I'm more worried that with a only week to go, nobody has actually offered to take Pogba off our hands yet.

Seems his own and Raiola's opinions of his abilities aren't shared as widely amongst CL Teams as the two of them appear to believe.

Of course, that could just be an agenda against PP as well....

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Whether the on-off-on-off-on-off saga of signing of Fernandes ( or someone....or anyone, please ) happens, I'm more worried that with a only week to go, nobody has actually offered to take Pogba off our hands yet.

Seems his own and Raiola's opinions of his abilities aren't shared as widely amongst CL Teams as the two of them appear to believe.

Of course, that could just be an agenda against PP as well....
:lol::lol::lol:

snowkarl

100% agree

Know what else is worthy of criticism? Managing like an amateur and coming out with soundbites that would make Moyes cringe. Where is the criticism from The Old Boys Club? They were heavy on Jose who won trophies and finished 2nd..... something Ole apparently needs 4yrs to achieve.

I guess pogba is unlucky to have not played with them.

Where's the criticism for Lingard? Bloke earns 100k a week as a starting number 10 and hasn't scored or assisted in over a year in the league

Pogbas unlucky to not be A Local Lad.

Please note man, I wanted pogba sold in the summer and two quality midfielders coming in. He clearly wanted out and still does. I'm just highlighting the sort of Boot Room double standards that is leading our club into the wilderness.
Is this a joke or something? Lingard is like the most criticized footballer in Britain

He gets so much shit for dancing and joking about - just like Pogba.

Shaw's performances have been worse and he's an unprofessional athlete who can't even stay in shape, but he isn't goofing about and putting himself in the spotlight as much, hence he gets criticized more.

Pogba isn't getting bullied due to racism. If racism was the reason he got so much flak - why isn't Naby Keita getting slaughtered day after day in the media? He cost 60m and doesn't even play. And he's about as black as Pogba - yet no one cares because he isn't goofing about.

Pogba gets shit because he legitimately put in way too many disgraceful, lazy performances on the pitch and has tried to engineer a move for ages.

Alabaster Codify7

Is this a joke or something? Lingard is like the most criticized footballer in Britain

He gets so much shit for dancing and joking about - just like Pogba.

Shaw's performances have been worse and he's an unprofessional athlete who can't even stay in shape, but he isn't goofing about and putting himself in the spotlight as much, hence he gets criticized more.

Pogba isn't getting bullied due to racism. If racism was the reason he got so much flak - why isn't Naby Keita getting slaughtered day after day in the media? He cost 60m and doesn't even play. And he's about as black as Pogba - yet no one cares because he isn't goofing about.

Pogba gets shit because he legitimately put in way too many disgraceful, lazy performances on the pitch and has tried to engineer a move for ages.

Bullshit pal. Lingard is the most criticised footballer on THIS FORUM.

The mainstream media barely go near him in terms of criticism. He is the biggest freeloader I have ever seen in top level footballer compared to the amount/lack of criticism he actually gets. Pogba definitely gets shit for the reasons you said, I'm not disagreeing with that - but he gets way more than some who deserve more.

fergiesarmy1

Enough - Pogba doesn’t give a shit :lol:

He doesn’t want to leave because of any of the reasons being posted here even though snowflakes are being offended on his behalf.

He wants his next transfer fee and chance at winning trophies amongst other benefits not becaus Mcateer slighted him an hour after a game finished that most people have turned of by then. Get a grip the lot of ya.

GiddyUp

What has this got to do with Keane being an absolute nuisance at times off the pitch ? Far more troublesome than Pogba has ever been. Why bring up on the pitch stuff. It’s totally irrelevant and if you read my post it states Keane as a player and as a nuisance wins hands down. I honestly don’t know why you bothered replying to my post. It’s nothing to do with performance on the pitch. It’s about the fact Pogba has clearly behaved far better than Keane in terms of off the pitch conduct, Keane himself was also open to leaving and let it be known throughout an entire season, so he can’t exactly slag Pogba off for suggesting the time might be right for a new challenge when he himself considered the same. Honestly don’t know what part of this you missed.
I think you missed the part about the fecking football. It's got everything to do with what happens on the pitch. Play well, put in the effort and fight for your team. That's how you keep the supporters and media off your back.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think you missed the part about the fecking football. It's got everything to do with what happens on the pitch. Play well, put in the effort and fight for your team. That's how you keep the supporters and media off your back.
In that case why is he basically the only player in our team to be consistently targetted? He has been among our best performers if not the best performer. De Gea has tried to leave in the past and have been subpar in the last 12 months but no one in the press really cares about him or his performances.

fergiesarmy1

In that case why is he basically the only player in our team to be consistently targetted? He has been among our best performers if not the best performer. De Gea has tried to leave in the past and have been subpar in the last 12 months but no one in the press really cares about him or his performances.
World record transfer fee for a midfielder gets talked about in the press while pissing about in various countries. Goalkeeper plays every game for a struggling team what should we discuss?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Well if that's the way you took it then it's up to you to sort our your feelings. :lol::lol::lol:
The problem is that the first sentence of your post about both players talent was incredibly wrong and it's difficult to not see it as an insult to Keane. Keane was a player with elite passing, anticipation and vision, his character and mentality were perks that saw him be one of the best players in the world for almost a decade but it was first based on his technical and tactical abilities. Pogba may be trickier but he isn't more talented than Keane was., Pogba isn't more talented than Keane.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Dark skinned, well paid, and confident. Recipe for the white-dominated media to make you a scapegoat.
If it's any consolation, it's not just the Brits. The American media is more sinister and unforgiving.

fergiesarmy1

Dark skinned, well paid, and confident. Recipe for the white-dominated media to make you a scapegoat.
If it's any consolation, it's not just the Brits. The American media is more sinister and unforgiving.
Jesus Christ, we’ve moved on for the dark ages here pal. The entire outfield United team could be black any given game with our squad (bit weird there aren’t many black goalkeepers at the top level but that’s a different discussion) (still hate talking about what skin colour a player is) and we don’t care over that here.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Jesus Christ, we’ve moved on for the dark ages here pal. The entire outfield United team could be black any given game with our squad (bit weird there aren’t many black goalkeepers at the top level but that’s a different discussion) (still hate talking about what skin colour a player is) and we don’t care over that here.
Notice I said media. Not the fans or club. Unfortunately, the mainstream media plays a huge part in influencing fan opinion. What's happening to Pogba is more or less what happened to Sterling. You just don't like Pogba (based on your posts), so I don't really expect you to understand or have much sympathy for him.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
but Keane wasn’t criticising his footballing abilities:rolleyes: do I really need to spell this out? Guys been injured for months.

fergiesarmy1

Notice I said media. Not the fans or club. Unfortunately, the mainstream media plays a huge part in influencing fan opinion. What's happening to Pogba is more or less what happened to Sterling. You just don't like Pogba (based on your posts), so I don't really expect you to understand or have much sympathy for him.
Yet I loved Evra, so did the media, so does every united fan. (Only place he isn’t popular is Liverpool even though their management has finally apologised)

Maybe it’s just Pogba has been a disaster at united and everyone is sick of his diva attitude, his prick brother, his bigger prick agent and globetrotting lifestyle when he should have tried being a professional footballer.

So the media of which evra is quite a big part off are racist as well?

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Yet I loved Evra, so did the media, so does every united fan. (Only place he isn’t popular is Liverpool even though their management has finally apologised)

Maybe it’s just Pogba has been a disaster at united and everyone is sick of his diva attitude, his prick brother, his bigger prick agent and globetrotting lifestyle when he should have tried being a professional footballer.

So the media of which evra is quite a big part off are racist as well?
Evra wasn’t even close to being as high profile as Pogba. Anyone can just throw out irrelevant examples

RikRuud

It does appear Pogba has been targeted by several Sports news outlets. The worst I saw was ESPN ( if you can call those halfwits pundits) The fact that even SSN are having guests on their shows blaming Pogba for the loss against Burnley was outrageous.