Is Paul Pogba being bullied and harassed on TV

GiddyUp

In that case why is he basically the only player in our team to be consistently targetted? He has been among our best performers if not the best performer. De Gea has tried to leave in the past and have been subpar in the last 12 months but no one in the press really cares about him or his performances.
Suprising comment as most of the team has been criticized for their displays over the last season and a half especially De Gea and rightly so. Stop with this best player bullshit. I've watched that guy stink the place out a lot more then good games. He's an extremely talented player but not a great footballer in my opinion.How many genuinely world class performances has he produced here? He's had a couple of runs of decent games and bang average a wasteful inbetween. If he wants personal accolades then he's welcome to go off and find them but make no mistake, he doesn't care much about this club.
I would prefer him to stay as the most obvious "challenge" is the one he's in the middle of right now but I get the impression he wants it all set up like a 5v5 Adidas commercial. He will end up at PSG most likely.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
@GiddyUp The rest of the team isn't as criticized in the press, in fact there isn't really an other player that is individually criticized in the team with the exception of Martial sometimes. Pogba is singled out and it even happens when he is out injured. And you are genuinely going to argue that he hasn't been one of our best players in the last three years?

fergiesarmy1

Evra wasn’t even close to being as high profile as Pogba. Anyone can just throw out irrelevant examples
Dwight York’s was pretty high profile and enjoyed the profile and good times. United fans loved him too.

When it comes down to it perform you can do what the feck you like (works in my industry as well)

Become a liability and act like a diva your gonna get called out on it whether your black or white.

I’m singing Michael Jackson tunes in my head now, must be be racist note to self have a word with myself

GiddyUp

It does appear Pogba has been targeted by several Sports news outlets. The worst I saw was ESPN ( if you can call those halfwits pundits) The fact that even SSN are having guests on their shoes blaming Pogba for the loss against Burnley was outrageous.
It is ridiculous but they are speaking to the overall situation the club are in and Pogba's agent isn't helping which will inevitably turn the media's attention on him. He's doing himself no favours, pretty much from the day he came back.

GiddyUp

@GiddyUp The rest of the team isn't as criticized in the press, in fact there isn't really an other player that is individually criticized in the team with the exception of Martial sometimes. Pogba is singled out and it even happens when he is out injured. And you are genuinely going to argue that he hasn't been one of our best players in the last three years?
Of course he has and he's still been fecking shite.

fergiesarmy1

He’s the team world record superstar what do you want praise for his one or 2 good games a season

JPRouve

Scout
Of course he has and he's still been fecking shite.
So let's say that he has been shite but one of our best players, then why is he basically the only player singled out on a weekly basis when he is currently injured? Why pundits haven't really mentioned anyone else on a regular basis, surely there has to be a few high profile players in this team that should be named since they have been worse than Pogba?

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
The problem is that the first sentence of your post about both players talent was incredibly wrong and it's difficult to not see it as an insult to Keane. Keane was a player with elite passing, anticipation and vision, his character and mentality were perks that saw him be one of the best players in the world for almost a decade but it was first based on his technical and tactical abilities. Pogba may be trickier but he isn't more talented than Keane was., Pogba isn't more talented than Keane.
I know exactly how you are taking it. That's your choice. It's not how it's meant. You are concentrating on the wrong part of the post. THat is an obvious exageration ("little finger"). But yes, Pogba does have more talent than Keane (and that is not an insult to Keane), but he isn't a better player and never will be. Pogba has the talent to be a ballon d'Or winner. The thing is, he will never achieve it...Bottom line is if you concentrate on the first sentence of my post, then you are completely missing the point of it...

fergiesarmy1

So let's say that he has been shite but one of our best players, then why is he basically the only player singled out on a weekly basis when he is currently injured? Why pundits haven't really mentioned anyone else on a regular basis, surely there has to be a few high profile players in this team that should be named since they have been worse than Pogba?
Really?

Everyone is now disappointed.

It’s like copping off with a stunner who quickly turned into a hag.

RikRuud

It is ridiculous but they are speaking to the overall situation the club are in and Pogba's agent isn't helping which will inevitably turn the media's attention on him. He's doing himself no favours, pretty much from the day he came back.
Completely agree but it's gone way over the top now. Everyone knows he's going to leave in the summer. If he had played like or behaved in this way at any other club the media would worship the ground he walks on. The fact that he is a Man UTD player just makes it easier for the rest of the world to criticise him.

fergiesarmy1

“Pogba has the talent to be a ballon d'Or winner. The thing is said:
Believe it or not that’s why I hate him so much.

He has all the talent in the world but none of the character, he will end up in the US earlier than most professional players do.

HJ12

What I found bizarre about this whole situation is that after the loss to Burnley he was criticised by Scholes (we get the BT feed I think it is). At the same time Keane has a go at him in the Sky studios. This then followed by McAteer on BeIn or whatever slating him and saying Lallana is a better player. I understand criticising players when they're not delivering, but this was 3 pundits in 3 seperate studios, all at the same time more-or-less, somehow dragging the guy who's been out injured for a while into the reasons for the defeat. It's nonsensical.

fergiesarmy1

What I found bizarre about this whole situation is that after the loss to Burnley he was criticised by Scholes (we get the BT feed I think it is). At the same time Keane has a go at him in the Sky studios. This then followed by McAteer on BeIn or whatever slating him and saying Lallana is a better player. I understand criticising players when they're not delivering, but this was 3 pundits in 3 seperate studios, all at the same time more-or-less, somehow dragging the guy who's been out injured for a while into the reasons for the defeat. It's nonsensical.
Superstars of every team get called out when they aren’t contributing especially when the injury is dodgy - have you ever heard of preventative surgery. He’s looking after himself and that’s why pro players are flummoxed.

Pogba is taking the piss.

HJ12

Superstars of every team get called out when they aren’t contributing especially when the injury is dodgy - have you ever heard of preventative surgery. He’s looking after himself and that’s why pro players are flummoxed.

All the time, by most of the pundits? I honestly can't remember any instances of players who've missed more than 3 months being constantly blamed for bad on-field performances. Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of the circus that surrounds Pogba (and despise the fact that his lecherous agent speaks about United in the press), but I still can't come round to making sense of him being the talk in every post-match discussion where we've performed badly.

fergiesarmy1

All the time, by most of the pundits? I honestly can't remember any instances of players who've missed more than 3 months being constantly blamed for bad on-field performances. Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of the circus that surrounds Pogba (and despise the fact that his lecherous agent speaks about United in the press), but I still can't come round to making sense of him being the talk in every post-match discussion where we've performed badly.
Gareth Bale? The abuse he’s getting after actually doing some serious shit like winning champions leagues?

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Dwight York’s was pretty high profile and enjoyed the profile and good times. United fans loved him too.

When it comes down to it perform you can do what the feck you like (works in my industry as well)

Become a liability and act like a diva your gonna get called out on it whether your black or white.

I’m singing Michael Jackson tunes in my head now, must be be racist note to self have a word with myself
Like I said black, well-paid, confident (we can add high profile to that as well). In what way is he a diva or a liability beside the unsubstantiated nonsense the media prints you read?

You are inventing things in your head that I didn't even mention. I can give you many examples in the media of this profile of athletes getting crucified by the media while their white counterparts are held to different standard (Lebron James, Tiger Woods, Floyd Mayweather, James Harden, Serena Williams, Barry Bonds, Gary Sheffield, Randy Moss, etc). If you choose to trot out irrelevant examples to make yourself feel better than so be it, but racial undertones in sports commentary have existed ever since the intergration of sports leagues and is widely documented (at least in the American media)

MackRobinson

Supports
Football

Injury is dodgy? Either you're taking the piss or you wear a permanent tinfoil hat.

fergiesarmy1

Like I said black, well-paid, confident (we can add high profile to that as well). In what way is he a diva or a liability beside the unsubstantiated nonsense the media prints you read?

You are inventing things in your head that I didn't even mention. I can give you many examples in the media of this profile of athletes getting crucified by the media while their white counterparts are held to different standard (Lebron James, Tiger Woods, Floyd Mayweather, James Harden, Serena Williams, Barry Bonds, Gary Sheffield, Randy Moss, etc). If you choose to trot out irrelevant examples to make yourself feel better than so be it, but racial undertones in sports commentary have existed ever since the intergration of sports leagues and is widely documented (at least in the American media)
In what way is pogba a diva?

Let me go home in my rolls Royce from Burnley to Manchester, if it wasn’t disgusting it would be funny.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
In what way is pogba a diva?

Let me go home in my rolls Royce from Burnley to Manchester, if it wasn’t disgusting it would be funny.
Disgusting? You sure do have a low threshold for branding behavior as disgusting. I guess you loathe Giggs for shagging his brother's wife, Rooney for shagging a granny and holding the club ransom with his contract demands, etc.

He spent 3 months travelling to have surgery in month 4 - if you believe it was a coincidence take my hat
That's not what happened. Either your tinfoil hat is just on too tight or you don't bother to read/listen to injury reports.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What is this thread.

When you have a world class reputation as a footballer, and don't produce regular performances to match it, at the biggest club in the UK, with most fans in the world, chances are you'll get a lot of rip!

fergiesarmy1

Disgusting? You sure do have a low threshold for branding behavior as disgusting. I guess you loathe Giggs for shagging his brother's wife, Rooney for shagging a granny and holding the club ransom with his contract demands, etc.

That's not what happened. Either your tinfoil hat is just on too tight or you don't bother to read/listen to injury reports.
Not sure what them arguments you have put up has to do with pogba, is it because they are white?

Do you think a player requesting to go home in his Royce is ok? Are you rich?

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Not sure what them arguments you have put up has to do with pogba, is it because they are white?
No. They are former United players who did far worse.

Do you think a player requesting to go home in his Royce is ok? Are you rich?
Didn't say it was ok, but certainly not "disgusting". Childish? Sure. Disgusting? Only if you have an absurdly low threshold.

Regardless, this deviates from the point. The media (American and English) have a history of vilifying and scapegoating high-profile players of color who have a confident demeanor or are eccentric. This is not groundbreaking news or that controversial unless you aren't paying attention or don't care.

fergiesarmy1

No. They are former United players who did far worse.

Didn't say it was ok, but certainly not "disgusting". Childish? Sure. Disgusting? Only if you have an absurdly low threshold.

Regardless, this deviates from the point. The media (American and English) have a history of vilifying and scapegoating high-profile players of color who have a confident demeanor or are eccentric. This is not groundbreaking news or that controversial unless you aren't paying attention or don't care.
I couldn’t care less what “colour” a player is as long as he’s doing the business is all I care about.

Pogba hasn’t done the business since city however long ago that was.

If it helps you sleep at night and I shouldn’t really say this I played a four with Yorke in Dubai in December (I didn’t want to come off creepy with him) so i let him talk most of the round.

He thinks Pogba is a fecking prick - so I guess he’s racist an all

snowkarl

Dark skinned, well paid, and confident. Recipe for the white-dominated media to make you a scapegoat.
If it's any consolation, it's not just the Brits. The American media is more sinister and unforgiving.
You say that as if there are barely any non white players in the PL. Like 30 percent of the league is black. It has nothing to do with skin colour, people just don't like his goofy personality coupled with insanely high expectations and poor effort and performance means he gets shit on.

Mendy for City parties all the time, plays like shit, never trains well and is permanently injured yet no one is attacking him, because race isn't a big factor.

It's all about expectations - we thought Pogba would be amazing and world class but he is a fair weather player who has been ok but nowhere near his potential levels.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I’ve ignored the cock ! My life is marginally better for not having to read such inane drivel. I’d suggest you all try it :lol::lol::lol:

ZenMaster Coltrane

You say that as if there are barely any non white players in the PL. Like 30 percent of the league is black. It has nothing to do with skin colour, people just don't like his goofy personality coupled with insanely high expectations and poor effort and performance means he gets shit on.

Mendy for City parties all the time, plays like shit, never trains well and is permanently injured yet no one is attacking him, because race isn't a big factor.

It's all about expectations - we thought Pogba would be amazing and world class but he is a fair weather player who has been ok but nowhere near his potential levels.
You really don't get it. See Meghan Markle, Raheem Sterling etc...

snowkarl

You really don't get it. See Meghan Markle, Raheem Sterling etc...
Is this for real? Go to the dm or suns website right now and they will have 20 articles shitting on white people too. How does it prove anything that Sterling used to be treated badly by the rags???

Do you remember how Beckham was treated after his red card? 1000 times worse than what Pogba has been getting - but that doesnt play into your confirmation bias....

And Meghan Markle...?:lol:

You think Hillary losy because she's a woman too?

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He will probably be bullied if he goes to Madrid too, they definitely won't accept the inconsistent performances he has been putting in for our club, not after costing them a shit load of money. I don't see anyone that would pay what it takes to buy him, so his only chance for a move is to get his Agent to do what it takes, even if it means reducing his reputation at this club and force his way out after being out injured. I find it weird that people are so very lenient towards him when he is using his agent to paint the club in a bad light in a way to try and push the club to let him go for not a lot of money to his preferred destination.

Ludens the Red

It wasn’t the treble season when he ran his contract down. Ffs at least get that right quoting my post. Haven’t bothered reading the rest.
Well you said he destabilised an entire season. Those were your words. His new contract was signed in December of 1999. The only entire season where his contract was running out and a new deal stalled was the 98/99 season. The treble season.
And Yeah makes sense you “didn’t read the rest” people tend to do that when they’re met with cold hard facts.

ZenMaster Coltrane

Is this for real? Go to the dm or suns website right now and they will have 20 articles shitting on white people too. How does it prove anything that Sterling used to be treated badly by the rags???

Do you remember how Beckham was treated after his red card? 1000 times worse than what Pogba has been getting - but that doesnt play into your confirmation bias....

And Meghan Markle...?:lol:

You think Hillary losy because she's a woman too?
What 'village' are you from? Maybe my UNICEF book donations should be redirected but that would be a waste. You could try harder but I suspect your rhetorical abilities rest on lame soundbite drivel.

You're comparing how Beckham was treated AFTER a a red card in a WC to an insidious multi year campaign denouncing Pogba's attitude? For example Roy Keane, how is he a nuisance? How was he a nuisance for Allegri, Conte, Deschamps. And lets fill out this narrative with information gleamed from Buffon, Chiellini and Pirlo denouncing Pogba as this bad influence. You got weak sauce articles written by the likes of Ogden ruminating on how United are a better team without their most skilled outfield player because he's not in the mold of who? Scott McTominay??? On and on it goes with the subtext being that he's this destabilizing presence. If you ever managed to write a coherent paper, you probably were sourcing message boards and Wikipedia pages.

Get outta here with your false equivalency propaganda.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Well you said he destabilised an entire season. Those were your words. His new contract was signed in December of 1999. The only entire season where his contract was running out and a new deal stalled was the 98/99 season. The treble season.
And Yeah makes sense you “didn’t read the rest” people tend to do that when they’re met with cold hard facts.
Right yeah....I said the entire season, so it must have been the treble season ?

I’ll be honest, because I’m not too big to admit I was wrong, my memory was of that deal being signed around April towards the end of the season, but it’s 20 years ago so hey ho. What I do remember is that it dragged on and he’d turned down our offer and was widely regarded to be going to Bayern on a bosman. It was having a massive impact on the club and Keane held out for more money despite being a millionaire already and despite being arrestedduring the biggest week in Uniteds history, earlier that year.

Nothing Pogba has done comes close to those things, as he hasn’t been close to Keanes on pitch performances either, that’s before we come to his sacking and his World Cup departure. Yet Keane is calling Pogba a nuisance.

Keane is one of my favourite United players of all time, doesn’t make him right though here. There’s very little Pogba has done in comparison to keanes behaviour.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footba...d-keane-signs-new-united-contract_192471.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/346559.stm

But yeah sure, I said full season, so I was definitely talking about the treble season, crack on.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I couldn’t care less what “colour” a player is as long as he’s doing the business is all I care about.

Pogba hasn’t done the business since city however long ago that was.

If it helps you sleep at night and I shouldn’t really say this I played a four with Yorke in Dubai in December (I didn’t want to come off creepy with him) so i let him talk most of the round.

He thinks Pogba is a fecking prick - so I guess he’s racist an all
You're just deflecting. Nothing I'm saying is controversial or groundbreaking. You keep pretending this is about you, but I specifically said the media. Don't really care about you or your views on non-white people. Discrimination in the sports media on the basis of skin color is well documented and countless literature by people much smarter than me has been written on the subject. The imaginary battle you're fighting is confusing.

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall

I hope you never suffer a injury to your leg that will require a surgery, or we could all come out saying that you don't deserve the medical care as it's dodgy :)

fergiesarmy1

I hope you never suffer a injury to your leg that will require a surgery, or we could all come out saying that you don't deserve the medical care as it's dodgy :)
At the very least I’d show up to work and help out in any way I could, another reason old timers on the telly and radio are flummoxed as Pogba goes globetrotting.

JPRouve

Scout
Really?

Everyone is now disappointed.

It’s like copping off with a stunner who quickly turned into a hag.
I told people when we were linked with him that they were imagining the player that Pogba was, that he wasn't the best midfielder in the world and most likely would never be because he was in many ways a luxury player. If you guys had no clue about the player, it's on you not the player, Pogba is the same type of player that he was at Juve or for France.

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall
At the very least I’d show up to work and help out in any way I could, another reason old timers on the telly and radio are flummoxed as Pogba goes globetrotting.
So instead of active rehab and best medical care to be 100% again you just power on show up LMFAO

fergiesarmy1

I told people when we were linked with him that they were imagining the player that Pogba was, that he wasn't the best midfielder in the world and most likely would never be because he was in many ways a luxury player. If you guys had no clue about the player, it's on you not the player, Pogba is the same type of player that he was at Juve or for France.
Just reading Riola talking crap again. “Juventus fans should dream about Pogba coming, cause if you don’t have a dream how you gonna have a dream come true” or some such nonsense.

Juventus currently have one of THE greatest players in the world I’m sure they are all sweating on whether they can get this clown and his circus back.