Is Pochettino's time at Spurs coming to an end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Are they? Why do you think that? That Watford result was quite telling imo, fresh from an International break against a team bottom of the league with a minus 16 GD and they would have lost had it not been for some awful officiating

Liverpool and Everton away back to back now (albeit they do have a great historic record against the latter)
Still to early to tell but last night was a great performance with more energy than I have seen in a long time all be it against a poor team. Sunday will tell us more.

Champagne Football

That would certainly be a coup :drool:

The muppet in me says it's more possible than ever right now and I choose to listen to it.
I would love Pochettino but he has said he dreams of managing Madrid one day. If he came to Utd and did well, there would be constant flirting between himself and Madrid.

We'll never get Son but Hwang Hee-Chan at RB Salzburg might turn out to be just as good.

I'd probably prefer Dani Olmo to Eriksen at this point.

I'm not sure Kane will be needed once Greenwood starts to find his feet. We'll probably sign Mandzukic with a view to gradually replacing him with Greenwood.

redshaw

I'm expecting the players to sort out the differences and Poch to stay on for the foreseeable future. Things would have to get a lot worse for him to be sacked. He's been given money this summer, convinced players to come and I know the away form is bad but you have to give him some time to see if he can fix this bad run.

New cup runs can help lift the team from last years final loss and the top 4 placements will have so many ups and downs it's well within their grasp still.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I would love Pochettino but he has said he dreams of managing Madrid one day. If he came to Utd and did well, there would be constant flirting between himself and Madrid.

We'll never get Son but Hwang Hee-Chan at RB Salzburg might turn out to be just as good.

I'm not sure Kane will be needed once Greenwood starts to find his feet. We'll probably sign Mandzukic with a view to gradually replacing him with Greenwood.
He has also mentioned PSG and the national team as future jobs.

joseph_p

I'd actually prefer Greenwood to go on loan just like Kane did. He needs to mature and needs to find his ground elsewhere IMO. What's the last United player to actually succeed in first team straight from academy ?

Champagne Football

I'd actually prefer Greenwood to go on loan just like Kane did. He needs to mature and needs to find his ground elsewhere IMO. What's the last United player to actually succeed in first team straight from academy ?
I think Greenwood will take the same path as Rashford. Gradually ease him in in easier games, while throwing him on the odd big game.
I would prefer if Greenwood and Garner went out on loan. Mount and Abraham fitted in at Chelsea with ease, after succeful championship loans.

romufc

Rashford, McTominay

joseph_p

Rashford, McTominay
I mean they're in first team but I'd hardly call them a success. Scholes and Giggs were a success. McT. and Rashford. I suppose time will tell.

Last edited by a moderator:

prarek

I think he's done a brilliant job regardless of Spurs form. His comments in pre-season about how he prefers to being called a head coach rather than a manager as he has very little say in the transfers at Tottenham(he literally said the club needs to change his job description!) and his record at Espanyol where he had literally no transfer budget is impressive to say the least. I'd like to see how he'd do in a club where he actually has a say on transfers and the money to spend.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Shite performance again today and another very strange team selection. Frustrating but not unexpected.

TheReligion

Abusive
I didn't get the tactics today. It's blatantly obvious Liverpool like to play long switch balls to get their full backs into play. Alexander Arnold is probably their most dangerous and creative player. Why not look to counter this like United did and nullify them?

Genuinely think Spurs could have got something from the game today but instead just sat and invited pressure.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Shite performance again today and another very strange team selection. Frustrating but not unexpected.
Are you suggesting to sack Poch?

Did you lineup with 5 at the back?

I didn't see the game but heard Spurs held their own until Liverpool equalized then fell apart.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Call me deluded, but I still think Spurs will finish top 4 this season.

Just wait until Ndombele and Lo Celso are fully integrated in the squad. They are both excellent players.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

I didn't see the game but heard Spurs held their own until Liverpool equalized then fell apart.
His team selection is just baffling - No N'Dombele in the starting line up, Aurier and Rose again - and guess what we play shite - Eriksen is just a joke at the moment also. We were very fortunate not to get beaten by 2 or 3 goals today.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Spurs were wasteful, I wouldn't blame Poch for that loss.
They have been wasteful and prone to many self inflicted errors for awhile. It is as someone said in the game week thread, it appears like some of the players are purposefully trying to lose the game. Which is good for us United fans.

Poch needs to find players he can rely on and continue selecting them if he is to find success this season. However, that is easy said than done :lol:

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I missed the game because I was on a fecking tinder date. Saw we went 1-0 up and was about to be fuming if we managed to get our first big result in ages and I missed it.

But shock, no. We fecked it up. And shock as shit right back does something shit, as Eriksen and Alli are woeful apparently (but tune in next week when Poch selects them anyway) and even bigger shock as away from home in the Prem, Poch loses to a big six team?

This result won't be enough to get him sacked. But I fecking wish it was.

I mean, 8 points behind top 4 in a year where nobody but the top two are hugely consistent. A 7-2 loss in Europe at home. When do we just go, enough is enough? When we're 15 points behind top 4?

Just pull the fecking trigger Levy.

Last edited:

youmeletsfly

I missed the game because I was on a fecking tinder date. Saw we went 1-0 up and was about to be fuming if we managed to get our first big result in ages and I missed it.

But shock, no. We fecked it up. And shock as shit right back does something shit, as Eriksen and Alli are woeful apparently (but tune in next week when Poch selects them anyway) and even bigger shock as away from home in the Prem, Poch loses to a big six team?

I mean, 8 points behind top 4 in a year where nobody but the top two are hugely consistent. A 7-2 loss in Europe at home. When do we just go, enough is enough? When we're 15 points behind top 4?

Have you scored though?

Thepinhead

Hmm...
I think he is clutching at straws by now. I've seen it so many times right before a manager gets fired they try all kinds of desperate things to get back to winning ways. Unless you have lost the dressing room I think it is just best to stick to what has worked before and usually the margains returns in your favour.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

They scored in the 1st minute and then got battered untill they conceded two. And people moan about our performance against Liverpool and long for poch

cyberman

That was a poor version of how we set up last week. Son was lost trying to do Rashford / james role

cjj

Supports
Spurs
I think he is clutching at straws by now. I've seen it so many times right before a manager gets fired they try all kinds of desperate things to get back to winning ways. Unless you have lost the dressing room I think it is just best to stick to what has worked before and usually the margains returns in your favour.
It seems like he prioritises "keeping players happy" over actually winning a football match.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Marcus Rashford

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
His team selection is just baffling - No N'Dombele in the starting line up, Aurier and Rose again - and guess what we play shite - Eriksen is just a joke at the moment also. We were very fortunate not to get beaten by 2 or 3 goals today.
Wouldn't read too much into the game, mate. Liverpool are a quality team capable of beating anyone in Europe on their day.

You're just going through a bad patch, you'll be fine.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d

Did she want kids? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.