Is Pogba as good as gone?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I don't think I've seen a player get so much hatred for being injured (not the only reason of course but some nutjobs are straight up blaming for not coming back quicker).

meamth

Nobody cares if he went to United foundation event for the kids, all they care about is where the feck is he during games, if not from the stands.

SteveW

His injury in genuine.

But I don't expect him to sign a new contract.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Lets just say he won't sign a new contract here. Moving back to Man United is the biggest mistake in his career.

doriandun

They will probably come with cash + swap deal and if he is still very persistent on leaving and starts pushing for it, it will look kinda stupid for Ed to not take that deal if the player offered was good enough.

He's definitely injured currently though. He actually has been a professional regarding playing for the club, I will give him that. Though if he ends up leaving in Jan if Madrid really really wanted him that early.
If i put an eye patch on my eye, does that mean i only have one eye working effectively, he's faking it, it intially started with toe injury, and re watching the Rochdale game, i fail to see that he was kicked off the park, or attempted a run or tackle and injured himself, and it wasn't a reoccurance after a long lay off, or there was any mention of the injury picked up in training, over the last international he would of done light or no training, unless the injury was picked up outside the work place.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
As unpopular opinion as this will be...

If Pogba plays in this side, under this manager, 2 things happen -

1. He looks crap - because the manager and side are way below the level of the teams that his true peers play for.

2. He gets slaughtered by the institutionally racist British media and fans.

The Utd old-boys network, particularly Neville, have essentially sabotaged Pogba's image in the British press - they have used him as a constant scapegoat to deflect away from their mate's poor coaching abilities.

The guy was our top scorer and top assist maker last season... and ended the season being verbally abused by fans and constantly singled out negatively by the footy media - how does that even happen?

Could you name another club, ever, where this has happened? Suarez at Liverpool got less flack from the footy media ffs! And think about his behaviour vs Pogba's!

Even now - WITHOUT PLAYING - he's the focus... rather than the under-performing players and manager! Again - think how utterly ludicrous that fact is.

It is a toxic situation for an individual player to be in, and understandable that the player wants to leave ASAP.

The reality is that Elite players won't be up for playing for Solskjaer - whether that's unpopular or not, it's true.

And if you throw in to the mix scapegoating them and verbal abuse from fans, well... yeah.
Pretty much this.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
He has an injury.. no way the club would allow him the time off otherwise.
Would I allow him to stay in Dubai, randomly bumping into Zidane etc? No.
The problem is he has wanted out for a long time and been inconsistent at best on the pitch.
His mind is on his next club... I just cant see United getting anything much out of him even if he plays again after Christmas so we must sell and replace as soon as possible.
What would his value be now though? I can see us struggling to get 100m, let the alone 150m Ed wants.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I don't think I've seen a player get so much hatred for being injured (not the only reason of course but some nutjobs are straight up blaming for not coming back quicker).
Yeah it's weird and pathetic now.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Then why wasn't he shipped out in the summer? Makes no sense having a player on your books earning 290K a week (or whatever) and allowing him to sunbathe in Dubai whilst the team is in free fall (mainly in midfield).

Whatever the case may be with his future, it has been strange that Ole has constantly said he doesn't want players who don't want to be here, when he refers to Lukaku, but Pogba who has publicly said he wants to leave is the jewel in his crown.

As good as he can be, I think it will be a blessing getting rid of him.
The answer most likely is that he actually is injured. But regardless, what's the point in Pogba being here next season? A player of his level cannot continue at a struggling and in transition team like ours IMO. And I don't think we can afford to have a big star like him unless we're getting top class peformances out of him. Especially when he's an icing on the cake type of player.

Sell him and spend on the midfield.

Treble

Should have sold him in the summer. Those dreaming about 150m are being daft. Star players have a lot of power these days, you can't force them to stay against their will.

He will come back in the team to show he is still good enough and that will be that.

fps

It’s been strange, watching Man Utd become a club players simply pass through, rather than a pinnacle.

fps

It’s another example of the club being unable to satisfy a top player, too. Don’t tell me no one could get a tune out of Lukaku either, there is a serious failure of collective management at the club.

Judas

Open to offers
Pogba will leave and be very successful, shame about the team he's leaving behind which will continue to rot away.

But eh at least people will be happy to have got rid of the "toxic" Pogba, that's the real victory!

DFreshKing

Then why wasn't he shipped out in the summer? Makes no sense having a player on your books earning 290K a week (or whatever) and allowing him to sunbathe in Dubai whilst the team is in free fall (mainly in midfield).

Whatever the case may be with his future, it has been strange that Ole has constantly said he doesn't want players who don't want to be here, when he refers to Lukaku, but Pogba who has publicly said he wants to leave is the jewel in his crown.

As good as he can be, I think it will be a blessing getting rid of him.
By shipped out you mean get a £200 million offer, I think the problem here is no one would pay it.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Why isn't there a "Is Shaw as good as gone?" thread? Been out for the same time with a mysterious injury, of which we know even less about than Pogba's ankle.

One for @esmufc07 to make, I think.

Martial was out for an age with another injury we knew almost nothing about either. Oh look, he's back now.

Conspiracy theories? World of the Strange? Maybe it's actually one for @SteveJ

Litch

Unless he wants his career to stagnate for another 12 months.....

Dr. StrangeHate

Pogba has just decided what is best for himself. Performing in this team and setup is pretty much impossible. Currently he gets the pick of the club he wants to go next, why risk it by playing here. It sucks for us United fans but as a personal decision it is right for him.

Ziggy Starduster

I think the injury is real but I don’t see him Playing for United again.
Like Lukaku, he can see the lack of progress at the club and why would he be associated with it when he knows he has good worth?
Just like he was at Juve, watch him be an absolute world beater in Madrid again.
He’s been badly managed and played out of position.

lysglimt

Scout
He is injured - but it will be miracle if he signs a new contract. Sell him, Smalling and Henderson and get close to £160-170 million and invest that + an additional £100 million net in 4-5 quality players.

A goalscorer, 2 central midfielders where at least one is a creative player and one attacking midfielder

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He is injured - but it will be miracle if he signs a new contract. Sell him, Smalling and Henderson and get close to £160-170 million and invest that + an additional £100 million net in 4-5 quality players.

A goalscorer, 2 central midfielders where at least one is a creative player and one attacking midfielder
Henderwho?

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
When we finish 8th or worse this season - he has all the ammo needed to leave. A club with a weak board and vision, a management that is all heart but lacking in creative and game management - plus a squad that is a mix of some talent with egos and average weak minded individuals.

Pog is marmite, but he is a marketable player who loves his brand image - so he will want to leave for sure.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
When is his contact up, end of next season? You'd still get a huge fee for him, like we did with Hazard.

Also, the idea of him faking an injury is pretty bonkers, even for this place.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
When is his contact up, end of next season? You'd still get a huge fee for him, like we did with Hazard.

Also, the idea of him faking an injury is pretty bonkers, even for this place.
It's difficult to fathom that the club would even consider the option of selling Pogba in January, not with the midfield being so light on both talent and depth.

Then again, this is United. So who knows?

lurkingfan

Problem is, his value drops each week he doesn't play. Hope Real have a mid season panic and throw 200mil our way.

Judas

Open to offers
When we finish 8th or worse this season - he has all the ammo needed to leave. A club with a weak board and vision, a management that is all heart but lacking in creative and game management - plus a squad that is a mix of some talent with egos and average weak minded individuals.

Pog is marmite, but he is a marketable player who loves his brand image - so he will want to leave for sure.
Forget this shite, he's a great player who wants to win things and be playing for a decent team, that's why he'll be fecking off, nothing to do with brand image. Being at Utd hasn't and won't do any harm for his brand image, its been an amazing platform for him, sadly we can't match that on the pitch.

AFC NimbleThumb

I swear at this point fans of other clubs are nicer about Pogba than a huge amount of Utd fans, Ive never known anything like it.
It’s a fecking disgrace is what it is.

Want loyalty but show none themselves, sounds fair.

Was given a 2 point warning for saying it in the summer but it should be said again; if I were him I wouldn’t want to play for this club currently either. You think I’m going to have some drunk idiot with his mate filming shout me down whilst I do a ‘lap of honour’ with my family & hold no ill feeling towards the club that didn’t acknowledge the incident.

He’s a world class player, we are no longer operating as a world class club. He’ll go on to play far better at Real/Juve as Di Maria has, as Depay has, as Blind has & so on.

The stuff said on here has a lot to do with what/who he is; & we all know what I mean with that. McAverage is lauded for mediocrity, Pogba hounded for it; wonder what makes them so different.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Forget this shite, he's a great player who wants to win things and be playing for a decent team, that's why he'll be fecking off, nothing to do with brand image. Being at Utd hasn't and won't do any harm for his brand image, its been an amazing platform for him, sadly we can't match that on the pitch.
i addressed that in the first part - the whole picture will be enough for him to move on.

simplyared

Whether the injury is legit or not is not really the issue.
Question is how many of the top players in todays game play for a certain manager. Their performances on the field depend on who is standing on the touchline or sitting in the dugout. Mourinho tried to lay the law down with Pogba but that didn't work. RVP downed tools when Moyes came on the scene.
There are many examples of this. Pogba is an extremely talented footballer, no question. He's way above any other player in our squad. Goes without saying.
Ask yourself: if you were the creator on the pitch, the motor, the person carving out openings, setting up chances etc etc and you had the likes of Fred running round like a headless chicken. Wouldn't you lose hope? He needs better players around him and a manager who has the know how to get his respect.

dasty

Great players are ambitious, and Pogba certainly is both. Why would any good player with ambitions stay with a club that shows 0 progress and is satisfied being a mid table team simply because they have a legend as their manager? A club where the management had proven to be absolutely useless and has no clue about football yet makes all the footballing decisions?

He had shown his discontent during the summer and we had the opportunity to show him our ambition, yet we completely bottled it by not signing any midfielders or attackers while selling a few important ones and wala, we have trouble creating any chances now let alone scoring them. The club had shown how pathetic they actually are and I don't begrudge Pogba if he made up his mind on leaving us.

Nikelesh Reddy

He'll leave in the summer, unless we have a miraculous change in fortune and suddenly don't look a joke of a team.
This.Its Very easy to keep slating Pogba all the time....Why on earth would be even want to be at the club when we are in such an almighty mess?Hes a WC winner,he’s won many trophies in the past and he will more in the future if he joins Real or Juve...Why should he spend the peak of his career under clueless Ole?

Judas

Open to offers
Great players are ambitious, and Pogba certainly is both. Why would any good player with ambitions stay with a club that shows 0 progress and is satisfied being a mid table team simply because they have a legend as their manager? A club where the management had proven to be absolutely useless and has no clue about football yet makes all the footballing decisions?

He had shown his discontent during the summer and we had the opportunity to show him our ambition, yet we completely bottled it by not signing any midfielders or attackers while selling a few important ones and wala, we have trouble creating any chances now let alone scoring them. The club had shown how pathetic they actually are and I don't begrudge Pogba if he made up his mind on leaving us.
This sums it up quite nicely for me too.

AneRu

The answer most likely is that he actually is injured. But regardless, what's the point in Pogba being here next season? A player of his level cannot continue at a struggling and in transition team like ours IMO. And I don't think we can afford to have a big star like him unless we're getting top class peformances out of him. Especially when he's an icing on the cake type of player.

Sell him and spend on the midfield.
This is what we should have done in the summer and now its inevitable. We are far off from fighting for titles and we need 4 or 5 players to even hope of finishing 4th with or without a new manager whilst the kids are two to three seasons away. We need to sell him to fund the rebuild.

If we can get £100m for him and add another £150m of our own funds we can come out of this stronger for it. But then we could just waste it all on Maddison and Rice.