Is Pogba as good as gone?

Rolaholic

Adds up with what Ole said earlier about him coming back soon and having no interest in selling him plus given how Real have really promising young talent at MF. A split soon looks increasingly unlikely as it wouldn't be in the interest of both parties.

McFred have looked decent in his absence but I still hope some MF reinforcements can come in in January. Sides like City and Liverpool and most top sides in general around Europe keep adding strength on top of strength and compete on multiple fronts while we seem to content with having a bare squad. Fergies squads were stocked with quality at all positions and we should be aiming for that if we ever want to get back to winning major honors again.

The focus seems to be on adding another forward though with all the Sancho and Haaland links.

Regardless,looking forward to seeing what Pogba can do with the current front 3 in great form,he's the perfect candidate to unlock them against lower table sides which the squad has struggled breaking down all season.

They do well on the counter against talented sides that try to control the game but struggle against the sides who are ok just sitting back and are happy with getting a point

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Pogba is pulling a rooney. Wants proof that the team will improve before he commits his prime years, I don't blame him at all.

Hopefully once he returns we can put together a good run, get top 4 this summer then really push on into the future.

I hope this finally puts a nail into all the BS around Pogba.

AshRK

What does he mean by support? He has been getting all kind of leeway under Ole, what more support he needs. Maybe Raiola and Pogba's friends and family should stop talking and let Pogba play. Anyways I think he is leaving for good this summer so we better prepare a life without him.

jackal&hyde

What does he mean by support? He has been getting all kind of leeway under Ole, what more support he needs. Maybe Raiola and Pogba's friends and family should stop talking and let Pogba play. Anyways I think he is leaving for good this summer so we better prepare a life without him.
For one thing social media, and United "fans" not calling him a virus so much but actually supporting him like a United player.

He will stay IMO and i've always said he wants to stay but it's a matter of the team improving and feeling wanted. He came back from a wining Juve team to a poor United side because he actually cares for this club and wants to be part of getting us back to the top, unlike what some would have you believe.

AshRK

For one thing social media, and United "fans" not calling him a virus so much but actually supporting him like a United player.

He will stay IMO and i've always said he wants to stay but it's a matter of the team improving and feeling wanted. He came back from a wining Juve team to a poor United side because he actually cares for this club and wants to be part of getting us back to the top, unlike what some would have you believe.
Pogba is not the only player who gets called out, players like Lingard, Martial, Rashford, Fred, Matic, Jones all have received immense criticisms. WHy should Pogba get special treatment when people are sick and tired of his agent and brothers flirting with other clubs. Also, Pogba would be eaten alive if h e went to madrid with this attitude. They booed Ronaldo so what makes you think Pogba will escape criticism.

Zoo

Everything Raiola said is spot on. Still won’t stop some thought. Think there’s even an ITK here who claims he is definitely gone.

Canagel

Better players.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Said since the summer that I expect him to sign a new contract, and still believe so. Always so the ‘he has made it crystal clear over the last 2 years that he doesn’t want to be here’ stuff as embellished to suit the agenda of those who want him out. Just as him saying he wants to stay, or even signing a new contract, will be twisted into an evil money-grabbing agenda, or because he’s so rubbish and nobody wants him.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What does he mean by support? He has been getting all kind of leeway under Ole, what more support he needs..
"Needs more Support" maybe means, he wants to see better players around him?

kopviolator

He is a professional world class athlete commanding one of the highest salaries in the world of sports. He can't conduct himself the way he has, giving half-arsed performances and expect social media and fans to embrace him. If he would care to outline his intentions or at least string together few top class performances I'm sure fans would give him the support he feels he deserves, but he's not exactly doing that is he? The fact is that the circus surrounding Pogba is something we can't afford right now and if he was to leave tomorrow then he would be considered a flop by most. Dont get me wrong, I would love to have Pogba in the team, fully motivated and firing on all cylinders. I just don't believe he's at the right place and it's not because of social media and United fans.

pascell

Can't disagree with anything Raiola has said, everything is spot on and it's clear why players use him as their agent as he is very knowledgeable and has a clear understanding of the game.

Does this mean Pogba wants a new contract? I don't think so, I think we've tried and been rebuffed in our attempts so far. What I think he wants is reassuring that the club is wanting to challenge for major trophies, sooner rather than later. A footballers career is very short, Pogba is coming up to his peak years and he wants to win major trophies and a team reflecting that built around him, which I think would've been one of the promises made when we signed him, yet have failed to do thus far.

It's not just us fans that want the team challenging, the players definitely want that also but it's who trusts and buys into the long term plan set out by Ole and Woodward and time will tell on that.

Fosu-Mens

Translation: He wants a new contract.
He has understood that we are not selling in January and his (Raiola) Coutinho-injury strategy has not worked. And RM is not willing to pay what we want next summer without some top tier performances by PP. The only way to get a move is to play nice and perform.

Should also be stated that if we pay enough, he will stay.

Hopefully, this will benefit all parties involved and we can win the EL and be able to offer CL-football to Sancho next season.

Cantonagotmehere

Sign Haaland ( or another striker), another 'quality' midfielder, and re-up Pogba. Then I actually think we'd have a shot at competing with most teams in Europe again. (maybe some left back competition as well)

Litch

Whether true or not, we are all in agreement that even our best players in this squad won't make the starting 11 in previous teams and I include Rashford, Martial and DDG in that list.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Almost like Pogba is every United fan who wants a different challenge from competing around the margins of top four. How very controversial.

izzydiggler

People defending Raiola now...Jesus. Being played like a fiddle.

The only reason Pogba stays is if nobody is willing to pay and it results in a big pay day for them.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Well can we do what we did with Rooney and continue to give him dog's abuse for holding the club to ransom for a new deal please?

Granted he's not tried to join City but it's been fecking ridiculous the disrespect he's shown to the club and he deserves the abuse. Raiola can feck right off as well.

We ALL know we need to strengthen all over the pitch. We surely all know we're at the very beginning of a long haul rebuld too. This summer was day zero in changing tack and going after the right players and getting rid of the right ones. Let's see where it leads.

Toni Roncoroni

"Needs more Support" maybe means, he wants to see better players around him?
I understand it also like that. Which is spot on I guess. Looks like he really wants to do well with United but needs assurance that United are bringing in good players around him.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I don't see him going anywhere if he's worth 100m. Juve and Madrid are the only suitors. Juve wouldn't splash 100m for him they could just go sign Eriksen for free. Madrid don't actually need him. They have midfielders who are still performing - Kroos, Valverde, Isco, Odegaard(on loan) , Modric, Rodriguez, Ceballos(on loan). That's 7 CMs / advanced CMs. I think Perez would rather continue splashing cash on young talents like Van De Beek or Ruiz or Camavinga

Unless we entertain a swap deal plus cash 100m will be deemed too expensive by Perez for a player who plays in a position that they have in excess. So where on earth would Pogba go??

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Well can we do what we did with Rooney and continue to give him dog's abuse for holding the club to ransom for a new deal please?

Granted he's not tried to join City but it's been fecking ridiculous the disrespect he's shown to the club and he deserves the abuse. Raiola can feck right off as well.

We ALL know we need to strengthen all over the pitch. We surely all know we're at the very beginning of a long haul rebuld too. This summer was day zero in changing tack and going after the right players and getting rid of the right ones. Let's see where it leads.
Yea, all caftards, stop being so nice to Paul Pogba and start giving him the ‘abuse he deserves’.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Yawn. At best Pogba is a reverse-Messi :) In that Messi has had an amazing club career but could never achieve anything with the national team. Pogba has achieved the most you can with France, but seems unable to find his place at the club.

Honestly, I am tired of this BS and would love him to go. We do need midfield reinforcements, but he doesn't seem critical to our rebuild (as indicated by City game, Spurs game) and trying to build a team around him may even hinder the course we are already on. Also – if we build a team around him, considering he gets injured fairly often, what do we do when he is out? Buy another one like him? When people build teams around their star player (Messi, RC9) it only works if these players are very rarely injured. Look at the injury record of Messi and Ronaldo - they almost never get injured, except for maybe very shortly.

Another reason I want him gone is to see what he is actually capable of. He keeps blaming us for everything, let's see if he can be much better elsewhere.

But, I think it's all futile, because I don't see anybody wanting to pay for him the kind of cash that Woody wants to charge for him. Or he would have gone long ago.

RuudTom83

If United could actually finish in the Top 4 consistently then lots of these problems would go away.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Pogba holds all the cards though, it's up to the club to prove it to him.

He can leave on a free and walk to any club in the world if he wants. IF he wants to stay, then the club need to give him assurances which he is quite right to ask.

Maybe the club won't want to show ambition and will happily sell him on, recoup the money and buy somebody less talented. Who knows.

DevilRed

It was always going to come down to us giving him a big contract.

I've always predicted he will stay if we can actually add good players around him. Which is now very possible since OGS has been very good in the transfer market and we actually have a plan on what type of players to buy.

He is going to cost us alot of money but will be well worth it. He isn't going anywhere until he is past his best.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

The only reason Pogba stays is if nobody is willing to pay and it results in a big pay day for them.
In which case Pogba will stay, but won't sign a new contract and will then get a larger signing on fee when we have to sell him for relatively cheap next year, or an absolutely HUGE signing fee the following year when he's free.

If he signs a new contract he'll have to be at least somewhat confident that we are in the process of turning things around and improving again. That doesn't necessarily mean he wouldn't prefer a move to an already successful club in a perfect world, but it does mean the two options are fairly close in his eyes.

ash_86

Quotes for lazy people

poleglass red

He stays for now as in Jan transfer window out of the simple necessity that no-one will pay what we want for him. He comes back in Jan scores a goal and kisses the badge, while pumping his chest and a lot of fans think he's happy when all he's doing is running down his contract.

DevilRed

If he can recapture last seasons form under Ole then he deserves the big pay day.

Don't let Raiola cloud your judgement. Paul Pogba is coming into his best years now and it is imperative we keep him AND add the pieces around him. Hopefully another central midfielder, a number 10 and a right winger (all in the summer) and Haaland (in Jan).

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Another reason I want him gone is to see what he is actually capable of. He keeps blaming us for everything, let's see if he can be much better elsewhere.

But, I think it's all futile, because I don't see anybody wanting to pay for him the kind of cash that Woody wants to charge for him. Or he would have gone long ago.
This place.

Fridge chutney

Sign Haaland ( or another striker), another 'quality' midfielder, and re-up Pogba. Then I actually think we'd have a shot at competing with most teams in Europe again. (maybe some left back competition as well)
We also need a world class #10, unless Pogba is expected to play that role. If he is we need to sign a world class #6 and a top holding midfielder and we won't be far off.

mancan92

Nothing Riaola says is wrong so don't see what the uproar is about. Literally everyone here agrees we are run like a business instead of football, we need a dirctor of football to help connect the manager and the CEO, We need better players and to compete at the highest levels.

You guys are really funny sometimes.

clarkydaz

If Madrid wanted him bad enough the world would know it. Raiola casually slating a board that gives him eye watering amounts of money

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
He was openly insulted by fans at OT last season, that can't have helped.