Is Pogba as good as gone?

RedDevilUnited369

Ole man management skills might be better than I thought.

There is no doubt this has come from Pogba.

And getting Pogba to control his agent like this means he has bought in to Ole...

Let’s see how this plays out..

Rolaholic

If Madrid wanted him bad enough the world would know it. Raiola casually slating a board that gives him eye watering amounts of money
I mean its not like Zidane was blatantly tapping him up in public towards the end of last season or anything...

Was reported in all the Madrid friendly spanish papers that he was a target during the summer but the club stuck to it's guns in the end and didn't get bullied into selling a player just cause

Walters_19_MuFc

Great news! Depends on which way you interpret Pogba needing 'support', but if it's in regards to quality on the team, then his idiot of an agent is spot on! We need world class players to support Pogba, because I genuinely believe he wants to stay and win things here. However, its clear we need better players and im hoping we can do that in the summer.

clarkydaz

I mean its not like Zidane was blatantly tapping him up in public towards the end of last season or anything...

Was reported in all the Madrid friendly spanish papers that he was a target during the summer but the club stuck to it's guns in the end and didn't get bullied into selling a player just cause
Yes also the conflict Zidane wanted him at all costs but Madrid didn't feel he was worth it

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Should change the thread title to - "is pogba as good as staying?"

Lynty

He's a top class player and he wants assurances that we will have a top class team during his peak years - nothing wrong with that.

littleman

All this talk is ultimately cheap. Just deliver the performances and he can do wherever he wants -- including stay.

Reassurances are cheap too, it's the performance of the team that matters end of day for him

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
I, for one, am very happy, I can sleep peacefully knowing that Paul fecking Pogba can not get angry at Ole.
Don't know about you, but I'm dancing out of joy.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Which clearly insinuates he would rather be gone
It doesn't, the issue with this sort of quotes is that you don't have the questions. This quote could easily be in response to a question about Pogba and Ole's relationship in general particularly regarding some of the latest rumours.

clarkydaz

It doesn't, the issue with this sort of quotes is that you don't have the questions. This quote could easily be in response to a question about Pogba and Ole's relationship in general particularly regarding some of the latest rumours.
Pogba said he wanted to leave
His agent said he wanted to leave and everyone at the club knew his wishes
Perez said we wouldn't sell

What has he to be mad at Ole about considering he has publicly defended and backed him to the hilt from day one

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Good that they've put the nonsense about him leaving in January to bed. Likely just smoothing things over until the summer though.

laughtersassassin

Good that they've put the nonsense about him leaving in January to bed. Likely just smoothing things over until the summer though.
And? At a certain stage we aren't doing enough to get top players and be a top team. Can't expect a player like him to not want to win trophies.

Ideally I'm sure he wants to win here based off everything he has ever said. The likes of Rooney etc wouldn't have stuck around at United if we weren't winning. It's unreasonable to expect them too.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Nothing Riaola says is wrong so don't see what the uproar is about. Literally everyone here agrees we are run like a business instead of football, we need a dirctor of football to help connect the manager and the CEO, We need better players and to compete at the highest levels.

You guys are really funny sometimes.
That sentiment keeps getting repeated on the Caf, but how dare someone give their opinion on the club?

JPRouve

Scout
Pogba said he wanted to leave
His agent said he wanted to leave and everyone at the club knew his wishes
Perez said we wouldn't sell

What has he to be mad at Ole about considering he has publicly defended and backed him to the hilt from day one
Who told you that he was mad about anything or should be mad about anything? If I'm not mistaken from the article he used Ole as an example to show that from Pogba's perspective relationships matters and he couldn't get angry at Ole because of their shared history. I say that because it's the example that he used to illustrate how Pogba "thinks with his heart".

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Nah, nah, he's gone. The Cafe done said so.

Great news. He's supremely talented, now playing under a manager he gets on with very well, and hopefully, there is some substance in the transfer rumours, because if we can get some quality around Pogba and the other fixtures in the side, we've got the makings of a very good team.

clarkydaz

Who told you that he was mad about anything or should be mad about anything? If I'm not mistaken from the article he used Ole as an example to show that from Pogba's perspective relationships matters and he couldn't get angry at Ole because of their shared history. I say that because it's the example that he used to illustrate how Pogba "thinks with his heart".
erm, apart from being denied a move away? Strange term to use in a public statement for an agent to make if his client has no gripes with the club

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
So you don't think we need new good players? He hardly wants to waste his prime at a 5th place team. Use your head.
Did you not read his Tweet? He seems to be content "wasting his prime at a 5th place team" as long as he receives more support. An improved contract, in other words.

We shouldn't judge him for taking this course of action, though. When you find yourself in a position strong enough to make demands of a filthy-rich corporation such as Man United, it would be a crime not to take full advantage of the situation. He's only human after all.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
And? At a certain stage we aren't doing enough to get top players and be a top team. Can't expect a player like him to not want to win trophies.

Ideally I'm sure he wants to win here based off everything he has ever said. The likes of Rooney etc wouldn't have stuck around at United if we weren't winning. It's unreasonable to expect them too.
Maybe if he put a bit more effort in on the pitch we might have the success to earn the money to be able to get the top players again.

MiceOnMeth

So you don't think we need new good players? He hardly wants to waste his prime at a 5th place team. Use your head.
He should be solely focused on getting fit and actually prove
Pogba is pulling a rooney. Wants proof that the team will improve before he commits his prime years, I don't blame him at all.

Hopefully once he returns we can put together a good run, get top 4 this summer then really push on into the future.

I hope this finally puts a nail into all the BS around Pogba.
Works both ways. Pogba needs to get feckin fit and prove to Ole that he's worth building a team around.

JPRouve

Scout
erm, apart from being denied a move away? Strange term to use in a public statement for an agent to make if his client has no gripes with the club
I"m pretty sure that it has nothing to do with the club, it's preceded by the part about Pogba chosing United with his heart and being very nice person, later he talks about pundits and the fact that Pogba isn't the type of person that is portrayed by the likes of Neville. My interpretation of it is that Raiola is basically saying that Pogba isn't the kind of person to be angry at people that are nice to him(for example he will never have an issue with Ole) and he cares about the club.

This interview is aimed at Pogba's detractors in the press and on the internet.

RoyH1

So Raiola is basically just fishing after even more money for his client. He does his job well you have to admit.

DoomSlayer

What are the expectations for Pogba when he is back on the pitch, in terms of performances and end product?

Handré1990

He was never going to leave in January, and looks like he’ll be here for a bit longer than caf consensus proclaimed. Great news! We need more top level talent, not less.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
:lol:

I guess that's one way to demand a new contract.

It never ceases to amaze me how shameless the modern day footballer truly is.
I think when you have one year left on your contract and are amongst the most valuable players, contract talks are inevitable anyway.

dev1l

Raiola realised that Real.are not ready to
So Raiola is basically just fishing after even more money for his client. He does his job well you have to admit.
It looks so though you never really know what's going on behind the scenes.

Handré1990

He won’t get his usual pound of flesh from the Haaland deal if the buy-out clause is real, so he probably thought «Feck it, I’ll get mine anyway!».