Is Pogba as good as gone?

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Im certain the "Pogba-out brigade" could come up something ridiculous as to why it is actually Pogba his fault and that Pogba is a "cnut" and needs to be sold today
The Pogba out brigade is led by Pogba himself with Raiola

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Looks likely he has played his last match for us then if he will have an ankle op now which will rule him out minimum of 2/3 months
How do you make that estimation? An ankle arthroscopy can see you sidelined for a few weeks, around 3-5 weeks.

DoomSlayer

How do you make that estimation? An ankle arthroscopy can see you sidelined for a few weeks, around 3-5 weeks.
And how long before he gets fit? I'm sure "Pogba's people" would want serious precautions this time so he doesn't get injured again. After all, he is the cash cow that needs to be protected.

Judas

Open to offers
I just don't get why this wasn't spotted and operated on sooner? I thought he'd just had an operation too, or am I wrong? Hard to keep up with whats real and whats venomous bullshit.

JPRouve

Scout
And how long before he gets fit? I'm sure "Pogba's people" would want serious precautions this time so he doesn't get injured again. After all, he is the cash cow that needs to be protected.
I just told you, it can be 3 to 5 weeks. It can be a little bit longer but it depends entirely on the procedure, its causes and the patient.

Stadjer

Yep, people like you at the bottom. Need more supporters like you pal:rolleyes:

Fergie called it right years ago when he called this cnut a shitbag and told him to take Pogba with him.

Every move he has made, from Le Havre to Utd to Juve to Utd and whoever is stupid enough to take him on next, has been antagonistic and shrouded with animosity.

feck the pair of them off.
Yeah Manchester United needs more supporters who clap for McT being mediocre while misplacing passes. Pogba who comes in after 3 months of injury and does more than Fred/McT/Lingard/Pereira/Mata combined did during those three months needs to be sold.

Selling the only player who will walk into any other team in the world will surely be good for Manchester United. Get another (British) huff and puff player and everything will be fine.

Fergie also wanted to keep Pogba. He hated Raiola but wanted to keep Pogba. Fergie made a mistake with Pogba. He didnt think Pogba was ready but Pogba left and walked into a (better) midfield at Juventus. Fergie didnt like any agents and because of that he missed out on signing Hazard and Moura for example.

POF

He needs to go. The club needs this drama like a hole in the head. Things were so much more peaceful when he was out injured earlier in the season.

Real won't pay big money for him. United's best chance is a player + cash deal. It might actually help Ed get a signing over the line.

DoomSlayer

I just told you, it can be 3 to 5 weeks. It can be a little bit longer but it depends entirely on the procedure, its causes and the patient.
That's the time for the operated area to heal, then the player needs recovery and getting fit again, taking measures to prevent a future similar injury and starting to get match fit again. You think all this will happen in 5 weeks? That is laughable.

Judas

Open to offers
He needs to go. The club needs this drama like a hole in the head. Things were so much more peaceful when he was out injured earlier in the season.

Real won't pay big money for him. United's best chance is a player + cash deal. It might actually help Ed get a signing over the line.
No it wasn't :lol: it's been Pogba Pogba Pogba Pogba all season even when he was clearly injured and out of action for months.

Kag

This has been handled poorly by the club. I’m inclined to believe he’s genuinely injured, especially given the Euros take place in the summer, but there’s this feeling that the entire situation is a web of lies. The ‘his people’ line from Ole is particularly poor.

The sad thing is that I believe Pogba being fit is the difference between ending the season well and not. It’s so frustrating.

DoomSlayer

Yeah Manchester United needs more supporters who clap for McT being mediocre while misplacing passes. Pogba who comes in after 3 months of injury and does more than Fred/McT/Lingard/Pereira/Mata combined did during those three months needs to be sold.

Selling the only player who will walk into any other team in the world will surely be good for Manchester United. Get another (British) huff and puff player and everything will be fine.

Fergie also wanted to keep Pogba. He hated Raiola but wanted to keep Pogba. Fergie made a mistake with Pogba. He didnt think Pogba was ready but Pogba left and walked into a (better) midfield at Juventus. Fergie didnt like any agents and because of that he missed out on signing Hazard and Moura for example.
It's Sir Alex to you, not "Fergie" and he was definitely right on Pogba and Raiola.

JPRouve

Scout
I just don't get why this wasn't spotted and operated on sooner? I thought he'd just had an operation too, or am I wrong? Hard to keep up with whats real and whats venomous bullshit.
If we ignore all the narratives around Pogba. In theory, you don't necessarily see or fix everything with Xrays, CTs, and MRI, sometimes the only thing that tells you that something is wrong is the patient complaining about pains or discomfort. Other times surgery can lead to scar tissue problems which will require an other intervention to fix it. So as along as we don't have access to his medical record we can't seriously blame anyone, United's medical staff or Pogba.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I get Riola's comments aren't helpful but I think he did one interview with Sky that was actually positive about how Pogba wants to be at united and his heart is there but also needs to be part of a successful club, which we all want. The other interview I think is in response to the clubs briefing the media about his demands for Haaland. Part of his game to make it look like Haaland signed for Dortmund because it's the better choice.

As for the injury, he's injured, he's tried coming back a few times and had a reaction. People need to get over that. It's not a big cover up or conspiracy it's simple fact. He isn't the first. Owen Hargreaves for example was always coming back from injury and relapsing.

Stadjer

It's Sir Alex to you, not "Fergie" and he was definitely right on Pogba and Raiola.
Sure. Playing a midfield with Rafael was a better option than playing Pogba who was only a few months later playing in a midfield with Pirlo and Vidal.

Fergie was wrong about Pogba. Just like how he was wrong about selling Stam. He didnt do everything right.

JPRouve

Scout
That's the time for the operated area to heal, then the player needs recovery and getting fit again, taking measures to prevent a future similar injury and starting to get match fit again. You think all this will happen in 5 weeks? That is laughable.
No that's 1 to 2 weeks. And as I said in this thread or an other, you actually see that all the time in the NFL, I used Linval Joseph as an example who was operated early November and was on the field in early December, it was a knee arthroscopy.

DoomSlayer

I get Riola's comments aren't helpful but I think he did one interview with Sky that was actually positive about how Pogba wants to be at united and his heart is there but also needs to be part of a successful club, which we all want. The other interview I think is in response to the clubs briefing the media about his demands for Haaland. Part of his game to make it look like Haaland signed for Dortmund because it's the better choice.

As for the injury, he's injured, he's tried coming back a few times and had a reaction. People need to get over that. It's not a big cover up or conspiracy it's simple fact. He isn't the first. Owen Hargreaves for example was always coming back from injury and relapsing.
Pogba the new Owen Hargreaves. That's a sentence that every United fan wants to hear, surely.

Zaboot

Pogba been sold for good money can make us a stronger team if the board can get their act together. It doesn't have to mean we can't go in the right direction from it. Two top quality players could come out of pogba been sold. Don't f**k it up Woodward or Ole please.

DoomSlayer

Sure. Playing a midfield with Rafael was a better option than playing Pogba who was only a few months later playing in a midfield with Pirlo and Vidal.

Fergie was wrong about Pogba. Just like how he was wrong about selling Stam. He didnt do everything right.
Without "Fergie", you'd be supporting your local village football team so pipe down and show respect to Sir Alex Ferguson.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Pogba the new Owen Hargreaves. That's a sentence that every United fan wants to hear, surely.
You could find other players quite easily, however the point being those players weren't being accused of faking an injury, because they were actually, as is the case here, simply injured.

Strelok

I don't think RM is that interested nor has the cash. Probably PSG imo.

JPRouve

Scout
So you're saying Pogba could have had the operation back in September and would have been back by October or early November?
It depends on the reason for the surgery but yes it is totally possible to have a surgery and comeback within weeks.

Stadjer

Without "Fergie", you'd be supporting your local village football team so pipe down and show respect to Sir Alex Ferguson.
Not likely since they have shit players and play shit football. I started to follow Manchester United because they had exciting players. Players like Pogba.

If you want to get rid of exciting football players who are better than other players maybe you should just follow your very own lower league village team?

Utdstar01

Yep, people like you at the bottom. Need more supporters like you pal:rolleyes:

Fergie called it right years ago when he called this cnut a shitbag and told him to take Pogba with him.

Every move he has made, from Le Havre to Utd to Juve to Utd and whoever is stupid enough to take him on next, has been antagonistic and shrouded with animosity.

feck the pair of them off.
I don't work for the club. What was wrong that I said there?

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
problem is with all operations, he's not even worth that much anymore. this goes to the "lets wait till it works!" crowd. nah, its not always we will be able to have a 100M cash cow, who can sponsor a improvement in 2 or 3 areas of the pitch (coutinho at liverpool). He's barely worth half of that now.

DoomSlayer

So Pogba is a nice lad that he really wanted to sign?
Sir Alex Ferguson said:
Pogba signed for Juventus a long time ago as far as we're aware.

It's a bit disappointing because I don't think he showed us any respect at all. To be honest, if they carry on that way, I'm quite happy that he's away, from me, anyway.

DoomSlayer

Not likely since they have shit players and play shit football. I started to follow Manchester United because they had exciting players. Players like Pogba.

If you want to get rid of exciting football players who are better than other players maybe you should just follow your very own lower league village team?
Go support City then, or Barcelona, or PSG. Nice comeback, by the way, you are so smart that you had to copy my jibe at you. You are as smart as you are a good proper fan.

I'm sure there are City supporters here that can give you directions to Bluemoon and would recommend you to get signed up there immediately. You'd fit in in that environment like a glove.

JPRouve

Scout
"Paul Pogba? He had a bad agent. A s***bag," he said. "Paul Pogba was well known to us. We knew he was a good player. He's still a good player. We offered him the best contract."

DoomSlayer

@JPRouve A good player that disappointed and disrespected Sir Alex, those are the words from the gaffer. So Sir Alex was ultimately right in judging his character back then.

Varun1

Don't know if he's as good as gone but he will make a case for us to sell him.
I've said it in another thread but that's what I think:
  • Noone is willing to pay our price.
  • Real's interest has cooled.
  • Pogba and Mino will paint Pogba as a team player who wants to stay at the club.
  • Pogba will pull out of games citing injury etc, hoping we'll lower our asking price.
  • If we don't lower our price, Pogba will walk on a free. He'll refuse all contract extension.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
If he's having surgery, is that him out for the rest of the season?

JPRouve

Scout
A good player that disappointed and disrespected Sir Alex, those are the words from the gaffer. So Sir Alex was ultimately right in judging his character back then.
He didn't judge his character, he judged the situation with Raiola. And offering him a contract tells you everything you need to know about what SAF thought about Pogba but you are in the business of not using logic when it comes to Pogba.

Comet49

I want to support Ole but it’s not easy at times, last night was a big let down. Having said that it wouldn’t surprise me if we go and win at Wolves. Can’t help wondering how we would have done if Ryan Giggs had followed Sir Alex permanently, we’ll never know.

DoomSlayer

He didn't judge his character, he judged the situation with Raiola. And offering him a contract tells you everything you need to know about what SAF thought about Pogba but you are in the business of not using logic when it comes to Pogba.
Sure Pogba was offered a contract but he disrespected Sir Alex. That's despicable and people should not excuse it when Pogba continues to disrespect the club.

JPRouve

Scout
Sure Pogba was offered a contract but he disrespected Sir Alex. That's despicable and people should not excuse it when Pogba continues to disrespect the club.
Settle down here, there is nothing despicable in deciding to leave a club. And SAF issue is that he thinks that Pogba made his made up early and if it was the case would have liked to know about it sooner.