Is Pogba as good as gone?

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Perez is quite close to Mourinho and I suspect might have asked a few questions on Pogba before agreeing to the big fee. Zidane really wanted him for sure.
No noise from PSG over the last couple of years Pogba has been looking for a move so only really Juve as an option. Am not optimistic we will get even £100m to be honest

edgar allan

I disagree, tbh. I think we can get £100m + for him, and we should get that for him. At the end of the day, he's a world class midfielder. Yeah, there's issues about his consistency, but the quality is there. He's in his prime and he's highly marketable. If bloody Coutinho can go for what he went for (different position, i know) then Pogba can definitely go for that.
Coutinho made a huge impression on the PL hence the big transfer, Pogba has made a limited impression hence many will think twice about paying a fortune for him.

Darlington Padgett

Perez is quite close to Mourinho and I suspect might have asked a few questions on Pogba before agreeing to the big fee. Zidane really wanted him for sure.
No noise from PSG over the last couple of years Pogba has been looking for a move so only really Juve as an option. Am not optimistic we will get even £100m to be honest
They have Odegaard so I don't think they'll go for Pogba if the price is too high. We could argue that at the moment Odegaard is a better. I can see Pep going to Juventus and getting Pogba, I somehow see Ronaldo coming back as part of that deal if we have a proper manager.

dave1956

I would think can a manager justify to his chairman that based on his last 2 seasons is he worth paying out 100 million, and would he actually benefit the club. I believe that any manager thinking of adding him to their playing staff on that supposed asking price has some very difficult questions to over come.
I would on his past playing form suggest that the club will not get that type of money for him and in fact I do not expect that they will recover the fee they paid for him. The only savings I really see is that they get him off the clubs wage bill.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Coutinho made a huge impression on the PL hence the big transfer, Pogba has made a limited impression hence many will think twice about paying a fortune for him.
Pogba could easily go for around what Coutinho went for. Coutinho was nowhere near worth what he went for. Anyway, it's been discussed to death. Whatever happens i hope we stand firm on our valuation if we're going to get rid of our biggest asset.

edgar allan

Pogba could easily go for around what Coutinho went for. Coutinho was nowhere near worth what he went for. Anyway, it's been discussed to death. Whatever happens i hope we stand firm on our valuation if we're going to get rid of our biggest asset.
If we stand firm on our valuation there is a good chance that our most over-rated and underperforming asset will hang around for another season.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
If we stand firm on our valuation there is a good chance that our most over-rated and underperforming asset will hang around for another season.
Possibly, and that's what my original post in here was about, but we should not be backing down and accepting a comparatively low fee when other players who are not as good as Pogba are going for ridiculous sums of money. I also don't think he's our most overrated player, either. But that's another discussion.

Time will tell. He's definitely off in the summer.

The Bloody-Nine

Worst case scenario is no one stumps up what we want for him and he runs his contract down, leaving us with an unhappy player and eventually, a huge loss. Let's face it, he's played consistently well for about 3 months in 3 years. Based on his performances on the pitch, I don't see how anyone can argue that his value has increased.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Worst case scenario is no one stumps up what we want for him and he runs his contract down, leaving us with an unhappy player and eventually, a huge loss. Let's face it, he's played consistently well for about 3 months in 3 years. Based on his performances on the pitch, I don't see how anyone can argue that his value has increased.
If they allow the money to be respent on a replacement I'd be happy getting back what we paid for him. Got nothing against him personally just a sense of indifference and what might have been.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
My worst case scenario is no one stumps up what we want for him, he signs a mega deal and we continue to have a player who doesn't want to be here.

The Bloody-Nine

I really can't see him resigning with us. And I don't want him to, either. More years of this nonsense? No thanks.

sp_107

What do you think of 90M+Rabiot from Juventus? I think Rabiot is a kind of player need some love from fans/Manager and he can excel when he got that. based on the noise coming out from Riola it appears Pogba is set his heart on moving on so no need to keep him here and waster another year.

Do we have another year extension option until 2022?

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Genuine question - why is he allowed to do his fitness/conditioning work post injury in the Middle East? Are the facilities in Manchester not good enough? Or is it something to do with warmer weather helping to advance his recovery?

Stadjer

Genuine question - why is he allowed to do his fitness/conditioning work post injury in the Middle East? Are the facilities in Manchester not good enough? Or is it something to do with warmer weather helping to advance his recovery?
I guess it is both of those and i also think that some of the best medical professionals work there. The mega rich in the Middle East want the best and they have the money to buy the best so the best move and live there. I think that is also the reason why pro athletes have surgeries in America or somewhere else (i think Pogba had his operation in Amsterdam) and not in a local hospital. When you work with or on something/someone with a 100mil value, you want the very best to do that work.

croadyman

I still think Pogba and Raiola will be looking for a bumper new contract at United ahead of anything else.

They know they can get more money here than anywhere else would offer him.

From a United perspective, if we really do want to challenge for the PL and CL like Ed Woodward says, then they need to be keeping Pogba, signing Sancho & then we'll really start looking the business again.

................McTominay
.........Pogba ........B.Fernandes
Sancho.....Rashford.........Martial
I just cannot see any way that you can keep Pogba & sign Sancho,honestly don't think we have that much money to spend. Certainly not buying this garbage about £274m I saw mentioned in the press.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I can't see him signing a new contract so we should activate the one year clause and stand firm on our valuation. If no one meets it this summer we could still get a decent fee next summer. Considering what Chelsea got for hazard with 12 months on his contract we could still get back what we paid for Pogba. He would be motivated to play well next season in order to attract suitors and earn a big contract at his new club.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
It’s not like we’ve missed him at all this season is it?

Currently sitting 8th in the league.

His 20 minute cameo the other month was the best football I’ve seen from any United player all season. More of that please.
and that's about as much as he's wanted to help the club

croadyman

I can completely understand him wanting to leave in the summer because he was probably given many false promises when he joined in August 2016, something along the lines of quality players being brought around him but unfortunately that never happened.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
I can completely understand him wanting to leave in the summer because he was probably given many false promises when he joined in August 2016, something along the lines of quality players being brought around him but unfortunately that never happened.

lostcauz

If Ole’s thinks he’s been messing us around this season, then Pogba needs to be playing for the right reasons like good performances, putting in a shift and doing his all to get us to 5th. Not for Pogbas personal gain of being match fit and sharp for the euros.

Tony247

Everything else aside, when we are in desperate situation trying to grab that CL place and yet not playing pogba even if he is fit then Ole is bigger fool than anyone think he is.

I just hope pogba is not playing because he is not fit.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Of course he’s not playing because he’s not fit. OGS has said he’s on the treadmill getting back into shape. If he’s fit, he’s going to play.

The headline in the Guardian is how Solskjær was cagey on Pogba’s future etc. Just sensationalist nonsense. I think it’s likely he’ll leave in the summer, but it’ll be for a fee that suits us, not the other way around. Raiola can throw all the chairs he wants. We’ll activate the extra year in his contract, and we remain in a position of strength. Meanwhile Pogba can enjoy his reduced salary for missing out on CL qualification.

Acerbic comments aside. Even though I haven’t liked his approach to game at times; no one can question his professionalism. I think he’s always gotten on with the job, and I don’t think there’s any question about him refusing to play.

Denis' cuff

Whether he is fit or not, he hasn’t exactly made it a priority.

had he any genuine intentions, he would be at Carrington keeping in touch and showing an interest, rather than encouraging his gobshite agent and brother to run their mouths off. Not difficult - just a well chosen statement from him, instead of hiding behind the aforementioned.

watch him rise like Lazarus to get a bit of match fitness before the Euros. cnut of a man, along with his agent. And a coward to boot. Easy for him to prove this wrong.

im sure Ole has long since written this disease and his agent off. Just going along with club protocol until we get rid. United still in the driving seat with the + 12 month extension to be activated.

Alabaster Codify7

If I were him I would leave for sure

Yeah, fans need to remove the blinkers - Pogba is a French footballer entering his prime years, he has no emotional connection to this club (he's already left us once, remember, for greener pastures) and he doesn't want to waste his prime finishing in the top 10 of the league and possibly reaching the odd cup final. He wants to be surrounded by better players than he's had around him since 2016, the club have misled him in terms of the level of their ambitions. The huge salary has helped him to accept this, of course, but it's time to cut ties for good. It'll be best for both parties.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Provided somebody will match / increase his wages I think yeah he's off

Madrid - not sure they probably need to get a few off their wage bill first (e.g. bale)

PSG - do they have the headroom under ffp?

Juve - can they afford him alongside Ronaldo?

If any of those three decide to put a good offer to his agent he will be gone before the euros

romufc

Provided somebody will match / increase his wages I think yeah he's off

Madrid - not sure they probably need to get a few off their wage bill first (e.g. bale)

PSG - do they have the headroom under ffp?

Juve - can they afford him alongside Ronaldo?

If any of those three decide to put a good offer to his agent he will be gone before the euros
It is going to be interesting because for a player like Pogba you would think teams would approach him however; it seems Raiola is approaching Juve and trying to convince them to sign him, shows how low his stock has fallen.

Real Madird like you say need to get some high earners but Kroos and Valverde have been fantastic this season as well.

PSG - If they sell Mbappe or Neymar but Pogba moving there will be for one thing only and that is money. If you are complaining about challenging for titles and go to PSG after they sell their best players, what does that show?

Clearly, he wants easy titles.

Son

When I suggested last time Pogba should be with the squad I got hounded on here by some.

Our manager has even said he got permission to train away. You can tell Ole isn’t happy with that decision too. Doesn’t exactly show any form of unity. Especially with his little agent flapping his gums at anyone who will listen.

Pogba needs to link up with the squad now. He should be around the club and learning the new tactics first hand etc.

We’ve never had this ridiculous situation before. You should be with your teammates injured or not. Ibra didn’t go walkabout when he got injured. He was in the dressing room by all accounts.

NJM78

He needs to leave if he wants to win more major honours before he retires. We could do with the money also it seems.
Do I want our best player to leave, no, do I understand why he wants out, yes 100%.

Deery

Dreary
What’s the update on his injury is he due back anytime soon?

You’d think he would travel with the squad tonight if he had any commitments to the club, be interested in what happens tonight .,

DoomSlayer

What’s the update on his injury is he due back anytime soon?

You’d think he would travel with the squad tonight if he had any commitments to the club, be interested in what happens tonight .,
Probably will be back in March, but won't be fully fit until the end of the month and I doubt Pogba will want to risk getting injured again just before the Euros.

We should have sold him in the summer for fecks sake, he's basically missed the whole season. :houllier:

Denis' cuff

Yeah, fans need to remove the blinkers - Pogba is a French footballer entering his prime years, he has no emotional connection to this club (he's already left us once, remember, for greener pastures) and he doesn't want to waste his prime finishing in the top 10 of the league and possibly reaching the odd cup final. He wants to be surrounded by better players than he's had around him since 2016, the club have misled him in terms of the level of their ambitions. The huge salary has helped him to accept this, of course, but it's time to cut ties for good. It'll be best for both parties.
need to remove the blinkers? Well pardon me for expecting our most expensive player to even bother turning up for the club.

on a day when we lost a true legend of the club it sticks in the throat to discuss this piece of work.

romufc

It's relatively obvious, Pogba has 0 commitment.

When you have a player with no commitment and knows he will get a move, there is no point playing him or expecting him to do anything.

The other players all have futures to play for, we will barely have anything to play for if we dont win 2/3 of our next PL games so I would not play Pogba at all.