Is Pogba as good as gone?

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What injury does he have? Had it been made public?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ole sounds all very casual and vague about him returning doesn't he.

izec

We could just quote the posts saying this this time last year, or the year before that, or how he’d never sign for us anyway.
Nah, he wanted to leave in the summer, and we are now at the worst state. If you think he will hang around here in no mans land, i think you are wrong. If someone makes a 100m+ bid, he will be off. Nothing has changed since the summer, it just got worse.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Nah, he wanted to leave in the summer, and we are now at the worst state. If you think he will hang around here in no mans land, i think you are wrong. If someone makes a 100m+ bid, he will be off. Nothing has changed since the summer, it just got worse.
He's part of the reason we are where we are, league standing wise.

Thiagoal

He's part of the reason we are where we are, league standing wise.
The narrative of poor old Pogba being forced to stay in a rubbish team and he deserves so much better is utter BS! His lame, half arsed performances over the past few years have contributed to our demise!

Just need make sure we make the right replacements as the only reason he’s been missed is that we have no other options

Alabaster Codify7

If someone bids £100m + in January, (120-130 should do it for definite) he's gone

If not,he's injured all season and gone in the summer.

lsd

The Oracle
He was the wrong player at the wrong time for us .

Shame as he is a great player but he needs to have top players around him to get the best out of him .

His first season with Zlaton proved that . The amount of chances and assists he provided for him was unreal as Zlaton knew where to go to create the opportunity for the pass.

After Zlaton we just didn't have the players to do that . Lukaku didn't have the touch , Rashford is too erratic and Martial just a statue .

The_Order

@Rozay

Thanks for everything you do.

You articulate my frustrations with parts of the this fanbase and culture in a succinct and graceful way that I never would or could.

Last edited:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
If not,he's injured all season and gone in the summer.
Why would he opt for that?

If he wants out, but nobody tables a fat enough offer in January, surely his best course of action is to get himself fit and put in the odd good performance. That holds true even if he hates Ole (which he doesn't by all accounts) - but Ole may be gone sooner rather than later for all we know.

The idea that Pogba is hellbent on sabotaging his United career because he desperately wants to play for Zidane (or whoever) is rather bizarre, I think.

Judas

Open to offers
Why would he opt for that?

If he wants out, but nobody tables a fat enough offer in January, surely his best course of action is to get himself fit and put in the odd good performance. That holds true even if he hates Ole (which he doesn't by all accounts) - but Ole may be gone sooner rather than later for all we know.

The idea that Pogba is hellbent on sabotaging his United career because he desperately wants to play for Zidane (or whoever) is rather bizarre, I think.
It's absolute bollocks, won't stop the people who hate him creating a fantasy world though.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
He was the right player at the right time I think, we just never built around him, and instead relied on him which has proven to be foolish.
With respect, that reads like a contradiction in terms. If the idea was to build around him, given the deficiencies we had - and still have - as a team, then he certainly was not the right player at the right time.

He was brought in under Jose - but never looked a Jose player.

And he isn't a player you "build around" in the usual sense: Juventus weren't built around Pogba - he was the icing on the cake. France don't build around him either - they find (at times, not all the time) ways to incorporate his strengths in an overall functional setup.

Judas

Open to offers
I mean build around him with quality players, something we've been lacking for years. Our team has made no sense for years, the identity has never fitted with whatever the manager was trying to create. Seems clear to me we've had the board and managers quite often pulling in different directions.

RoyH1

He'll be back and play for us. No one is going to pay what we want for him with the FFP regulations. Him and his agent will do a bit of noise in the media and Woodie will pacify them with juicy extension.

romufc

He'll be back and play for us. No one is going to pay what we want for him with the FFP regulations. Him and his agent will do a bit of noise in the media and Woodie will pacify them with juicy extension.

It is clear that only 2/3 clubs can afford him.

PSG won't be able to spend £150m and his wages whilst still having Neymar, Mbappe on the books

Real are probably the one club that can afford him.

Sing you a song

not a chance mate he is gone , when we are so short of cover and with the busiest part of the season upon us why on earth would we let our ”star player “ nurse himself to fitness in Florida ? Uk medics not good enough for him ? we don’t even really know what is wrong with him.
My opinion is that he has made it clear that he wants out and as a result Ole doesn’t want the circus effecting the rest of the team so he has put him out of the way until the window opens ( similar to what he did with Lukaku and to what he’s doing with Matic ) whatever you think of Ole he is single minded and doesn’t want negative parasites like Lukaku and Pogba affecting the team . Can’t wait to wave goodbye to him .

RooneyLegend

The only way he stays is if we hire Allegri. Outside of that he'll leave and rightfully so. What top class player would want to be part of this mess.

TheReligion

Abusive
The only way he stays is if we hire Allegri. Outside of that he'll leave and rightfully so. What top class player would want to be part of this mess.
What you on about? Odd time to post your negative shite after such a good deserved victory against a rival. Try offering your 'support' elsewhere.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
not a chance mate he is gone , when we are so short of cover and with the busiest part of the season upon us why on earth would we let our ”star player “ nurse himself to fitness in Florida ? Uk medics not good enough for him ? we don’t even really know what is wrong with him.
My opinion is that he has made it clear that he wants out and as a result Ole doesn’t want the circus effecting the rest of the team so he has put him out of the way until the window opens ( similar to what he did with Lukaku and to what he’s doing with Matic ) whatever you think of Ole he is single minded and doesn’t want negative parasites like Lukaku and Pogba affecting the team . Can’t wait to wave goodbye to him .
Hehe.

RoyH1

It is clear that only 2/3 clubs can afford him.

PSG won't be able to spend £150m and his wages whilst still having Neymar, Mbappe on the books

Real are probably the one club that can afford him.
While Real has the money and we know Zidane is an admirer, I don't think they will meet our asking price, specially now that they have youngsters Valverde firing on all cylinders and Ødegaard looking like a top player at Real Sociedad.
According to the Spanish media Florentino is all in on Mbappé and wants him as his shiny toy to open the new and improved Bernabeu.

While the fitness and training overseas is baffling, I don't he's faking an injury. In these social media times, he wouldn't be able to move a finger without having it being posted somewhere. He got a sweet deal from the club about recuperating and is milking it for all it's worth. But he wants to be match fit for Euro 2020 so he will want to play at a top level sometime before.

Dan_F

He had a cast on for a month, why are people saying they don’t know what’s wrong with him? do you really think he’s going to put a fake cast on just so he can’t play. I twisted my ankle ligaments last year and I couldn’t run for about 3 months.
Every article, from a decent journalist, has said he’s not been a negative influence in the dressing room and if that was the case surely we would have got rid in the summer?

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’m starting to believe that he’s gone. The details about the injury are sketchy and I really get the impression that he’s been sent as far away as possible before he leaves in January. I’m struggling to believe that any top club would pay big money for him but I suppose stranger things have happened. He has been our worst signing ever in terms of the amount paid v performances on the pitch. He was probably a limited success commercially and he attracts a certain fan base as will be seen here in the replies but as a footballer he’s nowhere near the top bracket. He has all the skills and physical attributes to be there but consistently fails to deliver. I actually like and admire him in many ways and always hoped he would deliver on the promise but unfortunately he just couldn’t make that leap. The sooner he goes the better for all concerned.

romufc

According to the Spanish media Florentino is all in on Mbappé and wants him as his shiny toy to open the new and improved Bernabeu.
Agreed, that's why if we can get a team forming I can see Pogba staying not because he wants to but no one can afford him.

He'sRaldo

I actually like and admire him in many ways and always hoped he would deliver on the promise but unfortunately he just couldn’t make that leap. The sooner he goes the better for all concerned.
Actually now would be the best time for him to come in with a more balanced and settled midfield base. Him in front of Fred and Scott (on current form) could be better than anything else he's ever played with in his time here.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’m starting to believe that he’s gone. The details about the injury are sketchy and I really get the impression that he’s been sent as far away as possible before he leaves in January. I’m struggling to believe that any top club would pay big money for him but I suppose stranger things have happened. He has been our worst signing ever in terms of the amount paid v performances on the pitch. He was probably a limited success commercially and he attracts a certain fan base as will be seen here in the replies but as a footballer he’s nowhere near the top bracket. He has all the skills and physical attributes to be there but consistently fails to deliver. I actually like and admire him in many ways and always hoped he would deliver on the promise but unfortunately he just couldn’t make that leap. The sooner he goes the better for all concerned.
He’s been far from our worst signing ever by any metric.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I hope Ole knows he was at Old Trafford cheering on his teammates last night then. I’m sure he will be furious with OT security when he sees footage of him in the stands!

Stevondo8

Felt like Ole’s praise of McTominay last night was a dig at Pogba...”He is not tainted by any superstardom of game. He wants to be the best player ha can be. That is the kind of player I want at this club.” Or an I reading too much into it? Seems to me, Pogba won’t be around for too much longer.

Matt007a

I think Pogba will return from injury, play most games until the end of the season and leave in the summer. We are so short on numbers in midfield, that even keeping a half interested Pogba is better than losing him in January. Unless we sign 2-3 midfielders, which in a winter window is extremely unlikely.

I know he's been quite vocal about wanting to leave, but my understanding is that he trains like a top pro. It's not in his interest to lose match fitness and get rusty by faking injury before joining a new team.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Pogba removed his cast just shy of 2 weeks ago. He posted a video of the thing being sawed off at the medical facility. UK medics not being good enough has nothing to do with it.

Pogba was sent to Miami to recover with the experts there because of their expertise with this type of injury and the warm climate in Miami is much more beneficial to his recovery than the more moderate and wet English climate. Pogba is now back in Manchester and is recovering at at the facilities in Carrington. He was videoed by Matic a few days ago running on the treadmill. Pogba was also at the game last night and even posted a IG story of Rashfords penalty with some cheers on top.

My man, the circus is entirely made by fans and press. The player himself has said literally one vague sentence at a sponsor gathering in June or whenever it was. The noise has been made by Raiola (allegedly, we have no direct quotes, only citations) and his brother who said that Paul wants to go. And that's it. After that he has attended every pre-eason match, trainig and team gathering, played in the league until his injury, and even came back to play the mighty Roachdale in the third round of the League Cup before finding himself injured with the injury that put him in a cast.

In short, he might want to leave, sure - I even think he wants to move on and play Champions leauge football, but most of all I think he wants to move on because the fan here are right c**ts, especially what happened a t the end of last season when he was outright harrassed at Old Trafford. A if the team playing bad somehow gives grown ass men the right to put their civility away and verbally attack people. But even with all that, Paul has done nothing to give any indication that he's not treating his contact as a professional.

Xaviboy

Is he back in Manchester yet to recover or gain fitness. Surprised there was no pictures or clips of him during the game watching from the stands of the match. Strange how he was allowed to recover with his injury in Dubai and Miami while everyone has to recover in Carrington. Think we need to start planning ahead without him cuz he isn't going to be here much longer, if not January but deffo summer. Ole should plan ahead. Dont want wasters at the club.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Is he back in Manchester yet to recover or gain fitness. Surprised there was no pictures or clips of him during the game watching from the stands of the match. Strange how he was allowed to recover with his injury in Dubai and Miami while everyone has to recover in Carrington. Think we need to start planning ahead without him cuz he isn't going to be here much longer, if not January but deffo summer. Ole should plan ahead. Dont want wasters at the club.
He was at Old Trafford last night, so that should save you some trouble in filling in any supposed blanks.