Is Pogba as good as gone?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Is he back in Manchester yet to recover or gain fitness. Surprised there was no pictures or clips of him during the game watching from the stands of the match. Strange how he was allowed to recover with his injury in Dubai and Miami while everyone has to recover in Carrington. Think we need to start planning ahead without him cuz he isn't going to be here much longer, if not January but deffo summer. Ole should plan ahead. Dont want wasters at the club.
https://www.skysports.com/football/...w-and-nemanja-matic-to-dubai-to-step-up-rehab

DoomSlayer

If you follow him on IG he was at the match last night...
Did you hear the noise coming from the stadium when Pogba was filming outside? It was incredible. :drool:

I don't think he would be ready for City, McTominay didn't even fully train before yesterday's game but he was out for a much shorter amount of time. I'd be happy to see him come on as a sub though, maybe for the last 25-30 minutes.

We desperately need him back because the games are so many in the Christmas period, it's also good that Lingard is getting some semblance of form and looks like an actual footballer again, though still lacking in productivity.

Posh Red

Is he back in Manchester yet to recover or gain fitness. Surprised there was no pictures or clips of him during the game watching from the stands of the match. Strange how he was allowed to recover with his injury in Dubai and Miami while everyone has to recover in Carrington. Think we need to start planning ahead without him cuz he isn't going to be here much longer, if not January but deffo summer. Ole should plan ahead. Dont want wasters at the club.
Where have you heard everyone else has to recover at Carrington? Never heard anything about that before

jamesjimmybyrondean

Madrid has Isco Rodriguez Modric Kroos Valverde Odegaard and recent tier 1 reports says they want to buy Van De Beek in the summer. Eriksen wants to come to them and they are targeting Fabian Ruiz. Perez knows all of this so I don't see why he would like the idea of buying Pogba that cost a lot both in transfer fee and wages. In the end if Perez doesn't want him Madrid wouldn't get him.

The only other team that needs him and has the money to splash on Pogba is PSG.

DoomSlayer

Madrid has Isco Rodriguez Modric Kroos Valverde Odegaard and recent tier 1 reports says they want to buy Van De Beek in the summer. Eriksen wants to come to them and they are targeting Fabian Ruiz. Perez knows all of this so I don't see why he would like the idea of buying Pogba that cost a lot both in transfer fee and wages. In the end if Perez doesn't want him Madrid wouldn't get him.

The only other team that needs him and has the money to splash on Pogba is PSG.
I think at this point teams are taking the piss with us and no club would offer a suitable amount of money. We should offer Pogba and extension and see how things develop but Ole is defending him all the time and showing him appreciation.

We should be behind the team and players right now, an atmosphere like the one against Tottenham helps the players so much and Pogba should be no exception. If we get 2 players in January, we have a chance to save this season, even if it means we go for the Europa League trophy, like Mourinho did.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He was at OT and posted a clip of Rashford scoring the penalty.

dev1l

Seems that Juventus are trying to appeal to Pogba s emotions ie "remember your best times in football over here".
If they succeed in doing so, they will be in a better negotiating position.

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
If a big enough offer come in for him I'd let him go. He's been a massive flop...quite possibly even bigger flop than Sanchez.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Seems that Juventus are trying to appeal to Pogba s emotions ie "remember your best times in football over here".
If they succeed in doing so, they will be in a better negotiating position.
Not exactly, every day they post an old goal on their feed, it's called goaloftheday.

jackal&hyde

He gave an interview on the Man Utd app and he was talking like he is here to stay long term. I don't think he is going anywhere anytime soon.

dev1l

He gave an interview on the Man Utd app and he was talking like he is here to stay long term. I don't think he is going anywhere anytime soon.
Maybe he s just trying to be a good pro. He knows that his contract still have a couple of years to run and the least he can do is to be seen respecting it.
If he looks as if he s trying to throw toys out of the pram, it may impact negatively on the perception his suitors have about him

jackal&hyde

Maybe he s just trying to be a good pro. He knows that his contract still have a couple of years to run and the least he can do is to be seen respecting it.
If he looks as if he s trying to throw toys out of the pram, it may impact negatively on the perception his suitors have about him
It could, but having him give interviews like this would make United look bad if he is then sold. We would not look to promote him to much so to speak if we knew he is leaving.

Suedesi

I take it from your abusive message, you don’t agree. Each to their own.
It's sad to see our better players get slated week in week out for simply being injured, and inferior alternatives being offered as a solution. Just cuz he's English, Maddison who's achieved/won nothing in his career can replace Pogba. It's absurd. But then again, to each their own.

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
Absolute nonsense
So you not gonna try to prove what I say is wrong?

I say a bigger flop than Sanchez, because he was bought for a WORLD RECORD fee and has done nothing to justify being worth even half of that.

Whooper of the day. Why is a Burnley supporter so invested in what we do with Pogba.
Being from NYC you probably don't know that Burnley is just around the corner from Manchester and it is very common for supporters of small teams to support bigger teams (when I was growing up Burnley was fighting to stay in the football league) You could only watch Burnley if you went to the ground, which we did plenty, but it was always good to have a TV team too, which for me is Utd, pre-SAF days this. I go to Old Trafford to support the lads, and I will say that I have probably been to more Utd games than the vast majority on here. But when Burnley play Utd I'm wanting Burnley to win...unless Utd had to beat Burnley to get a champions league spot or win a title and it didn't affect us, then sure, I'm not gonna sulk if Utd won.

So You gonna say why it's whopper of the day or just try to belittle a fan of another team?

Suedesi

So you not gonna try to prove what I say is wrong?

I say a bigger flop than Sanchez, because he was bought for a WORLD RECORD fee and has done nothing to justify being worth even half of that.

Being from NYC you probably don't know that Burnley is just around the corner from Manchester and it is very common for supporters of small teams to support bigger teams (when I was growing up Burnley was fighting to stay in the football league) You could only watch Burnley if you went to the ground, which we did plenty, but it was always good to have a TV team too, which for me is Utd, pre-SAF days this. I go to Old Trafford to support the lads, and I will say that I have probably been to more Utd games than the vast majority on here. But when Burnley play Utd I'm wanting Burnley to win...unless Utd had to beat Burnley to get a champions league spot or win a title and it didn't affect us, then sure, I'm not gonna sulk if Utd won.

So You gonna say why it's whopper of the day or just try to belittle a fan of another team?
Definitely whooper of the day to write that Pogba is a bigger flop than Sanchez. Maybe whooper of the year too ;)

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
Definitely whooper of the day to write that Pogba is a bigger flop than Sanchez. Maybe whooper of the year too ;)
Why is it? What has Pogba actually done for Utd to justify the fee? He's had a few good games and was decent enough when Ole first came, but he has done absolutely nothing for over a year...In fact Utd are a better team without him I think.

Have you not got any argument to dispute what I say?

Vida_15

Our squad is developing and bonding nicely. The fact that it's happened without Pogba is not a surprise nor a coincidence in my opinion.

Pogba is destined to leave and if he starts his antics again once he comes back into the squad the boys will reject him and that will be the end of it.

He'sRaldo

Our squad is developing and bonding nicely. The fact that it's happened without Pogba is not a surprise nor a coincidence in my opinion.

Pogba is destined to leave and if he starts his antics again once he comes back into the squad the boys will reject him and that will be the end of it.
The squad has also developed and bonded nicely with Pogba, so I don't know where you're getting that impression from.

The_Order

What antics?

What are these phantoms crimes people keep laying at his feet?

Vida_15

The squad has also developed and bonded nicely with Pogba, so I don't know where you're getting that impression from.
I think morale has improved which is visible on and off the pitch.

When things don't go his way on the pitch he becomes lazy and disinterested and that has a negative effect on the young guys (of which we have many), it sets a poor example.

His handling of the media and his social media posts are either plain dumb or deliberate, either way it doesn't help.

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
What antics?

What are these phantoms crimes people keep laying at his feet?
There was that story last year where he said it would be a dream to play for Real, which just so happened to coincide with the end of that great run of form, and his best form since he came back to Utd.

Now this is pure conjecture, like 99% of posts on the Caf.

What does it say to the other lads when your main guy who is looked upon with awe and although he wasn't the captain he was definitely the guy who was the leader on the pitch during that spell, and you could see all the players looked up to him in almost a godlike way. When he said that, it must've felt like a kick in the teeth to them, and having their talismanic leader come out and say that, it would be understandable that their young heads dropped. Jose apparently said he was a virus in the team. Took the ball away from the penalty taker and then missed the penalty. To me I see a young man, who is and can be a very good football player, but believes too much in all the hype that surrounds him.

The greatest players of the modern era or since the 90's have mostly been consummate professionals who apply themselves in the right way...If he did that and showed it on the pitch week in week out he wouldn't get the flak he does. I just see someone who believes he is bigger than the club and doesnt want to be there.

Just my opinion and total conjecture like I say.

Who knows, but there is something most definitely not right in regards to Utd and Pogba.