Is Pogba as good as gone?

Ban

He already is one of the best in the world :/

In Juve and France, he may not have been the single most important piece but he contributed equally to their success and therefore he rightfully regarded as a world class talent.
Is he? Yeah nah.

Thiagoal

If it’s obviously a stunt and he doesn’t genuinely have an injury then we need to get rid ASAP! There’s no point paying his wages and have him stinking up the dressing room if he’s got no intention of staying!

fergiesarmy1

Let's make a bet, when he goes he'll be good but not one of the best in the world.
This is an interesting one for arguments sake

Obviously messi and Ronaldo are the best in the world by a country mile scoring ridiculous amounts of goals obviously as strikers, what was messi’s best? 71 or something.

For an attacking midfielder to even be classed as one of the best in the world what should he be doing? I’d accept more assists than goals but for me I’d be saying 25 assists minimum and 15 goals (open play)?

BlueHaze

Injured my arse I don't believe that nonsense anymore nor should anyone familiar with how Raiola works. When his clients wants out of a club this is what happens. It's all part of a plan to try and force the player out for a lower fee. What kind of god damn ankle injury persists for 5 months? I've seen guys break their ankles and make comebacks in that amount of time. Feck Raiola and Pogba and let's hope we never get involved with any players represented by that fat bastard ever again.

Mal donaghy

Hope so , pogba and his fat greedy low life agent ,and his like SHOULD NEVER be allowed near our club ever , ever again pair of TWATS ,Cnuts take your pick .

fergiesarmy1

He already is one of the best in the world :/

In Juve and France, he may not have been the single most important piece but he contributed equally to their success and therefore he rightfully regarded as a world class talent.
Yet hasn’t scored a goal for nearly a year from open play, how do you class him as that?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Maybe he is too good but he should act like a professional and he isn't. But if we are looking to sell him than surley Juve or Madrid aren't really impressed with this display because I don't see 100 mil offers anywhere. Happy or not no club in their right mind is going to give us the cash we want for a spoield brat.
Given there is still half a season to play and we're shocking understaffed in the midfield area, we shouldn't be accepting anything less than a player + cash deal.

fergiesarmy1

What I find more than a coincidence is that Raiola has run his mouth all summer, and then he says Pogba wants to stay the same time that he recovers from his mysterious injury, manages a total of about 60 minutes of football and is now injured again. Meanwhile, Raiola is once more running his mouth.

The conspiracy theorist in me says we fannied about over the Haaland transfer and it's pissed the fat agent off.
I actually think he’d prefer Haaland to go to Dortmund as he if he’s a success he obviously wouldn’t spend his career there and there would be a juicy fat pay check in the lines of the pogba transfer he got, if he came to united and was a success we aren’t going to let him go so easily.

Matt007a

I’ve been convinced all season that he is leaving but not until the summer. However this weeks events have me questioning myself now. Maybe he already has a deal done in principle with someone. We have to get rid if he wants to leave but we’re so desperately short of quality in midfield I’m torn.

MacabbiUnited

Supports
Maccabi Tel Aviv - Israel
Release him on a free for all I care. Flies around europe but cant be arsed to sit in the stands when his team is playing. Thats before talking about his injury and him not being there when we need him most.

Enough of this. Release him this window. Even without a replavement well be bettwr off by just not expecting anything from him. Sick.

LJJT

He’s just injured again I don’t understand why there’s all this mystery and discussion

fergiesarmy1

He’s just injured again I don’t understand why there’s all this mystery and discussion
There are some gullible people on here, watch him running up and down the touchline in France a few days ago.

JPM#mufc

Release him on a free for all I care. Flies around europe but cant be arsed to sit in the stands when his team is playing. Thats before talking about his injury and him not being there when we need him most.

Enough of this. Release him this window. Even without a replavement well be bettwr off by just not expecting anything from him. Sick.
Have you just watched the same game as me? There is a serious lack of creation in the rest of the midfield we have but you'd be happy for him to go on a free?

criticalanalysis

This is an interesting one for arguments sake

Obviously messi and Ronaldo are the best in the world by a country mile scoring ridiculous amounts of goals obviously as strikers, what was messi’s best? 71 or something.

For an attacking midfielder to even be classed as one of the best in the world what should he be doing? I’d accept more assists than goals but for me I’d be saying 25 assists minimum and 15 goals (open play)?
I'm not a stats guy but who even in the world does that regularly as a midfielder?

Off the top of my head, KDB would be my guess but you'd be crazy to expect that same kind of stats from Pogba playing in a barely top 6 team, whilst playing 20-30 yards away from the goal than those you'd be likely to compare to.

Yet hasn’t scored a goal for nearly a year from open play, how do you class him as that?
Including the summer he's probably missed 4-5 months of the footballing year through injury? And scoring from open play means nothing for a midfielder. We should asking why we are a counter attacking team, failing to win when we have possession and have an appalling win rate under OGS.

Pogba deserves his criticism and then some but let's not make him a scapegoat and downplay his qualities compared to the inept management from OGS/the board.

MacabbiUnited

Supports
Maccabi Tel Aviv - Israel
Have you just watched the same game as me? There is a serious lack of creation in the rest of the midfield we have but you'd be happy for him to go on a free?
He doesnt play anyway, were sitting around waiting for Pogba to return as of hes the answer to all our problems.

Hes prpved before hes not up to it, and frankly I just dont by Ole saying in saturday "he will play" and than on wednsday "hes out for a few weeks". We need to move him on so we as a club can mpve on from the gope that he will be our guy. He wont.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The thing I hate the most about this all is how weak Ole seems to be. Whether Pogba is get to sold or is meant to stay, Ole should make a clear big statement.
Yet a new excuse for Pogba! :lol:

#ItsNeverPogbaFault

Eddy_JukeZ

I thought he re-injured himself?

Has there been a report or something that says something else?

fps

I thought he re-injured himself?

Has there been a report or something that says something else?
This was Ole's comment, which seems rather pointed.

"Three or four weeks maybe, I don't know. He's been advised to have an operation by his people and he'll probably do that."

fergiesarmy1

I'm not a stats guy but who even in the world does that regularly as a midfielder?

Off the top of my head, KDB would be my guess but you'd be crazy to expect that same kind of stats from Pogba playing in a barely top 6 team, whilst playing 20-30 yards away from the goal than those you'd be likely to compare to.

Including the summer he's probably missed 4-5 months of the footballing year through injury? And scoring from open play means nothing for a midfielder. We should asking why we are a counter attacking team, failing to win when we have possession and have an appalling win rate under OGS.

Pogba deserves his criticism and then some but let's not make him a scapegoat and downplay his qualities compared to the inept management from OGS/the board.
He played in the summer for France - I’m saying if your talking worlds best then he has to at least match de bruyne in the premiership if he’s living the easier life in Spain or Italy.

C'est Moi Cantona

first of all, all he did is going for a charity, not sure why are you moaning about it.

second, his agent said Pogba is happy at United but also expect the club to challenge the league & cl. Pretty sure that’s what Pogba wants, winning trophies.

So what is this playing us for fools you see but I can’t see?
Just stop, I've been Pogba's biggest fan, but this is all getting very boring with him now.

Cathy Ferguson

I thought that he just had surgery? So they waited this long just to find out that he needed surgery?

MS4

How could he injure himself again? and why did nobody talk about it?
If it happened in training, Ole easily could have said that

JPM#mufc

He doesnt play anyway, were sitting around waiting for Pogba to return as of hes the answer to all our problems.

Hes prpved before hes not up to it, and frankly I just dont by Ole saying in saturday "he will play" and than on wednsday "hes out for a few weeks". We need to move him on so we as a club can mpve on from the gope that he will be our guy. He wont.
Do you trust the club enough to find an adequate replacement for him though? Because I sure don't . Truth is he is the best player we have in that position so getting rid of him would be a backward step in my eyes.

Alejandro Angel

Get rid of the toxic waste, he has gotten enough from Utd. Him and his reps need to be anywhere else, gifted player but a circus and a distraction who wants to be elsewhere and thinks he is above the club.
I know it is different as a professional footballer but, cherish the shirt and the support, his advisors come out with damaging statements he is a disgrace don't want to see him in the shirt again

Thiagoal

I’ve been convinced all season that he is leaving but not until the summer. However this weeks events have me questioning myself now. Maybe he already has a deal done in principle with someone. We have to get rid if he wants to leave but we’re so desperately short of quality in midfield I’m torn.
He won’t play even if he stays due to his ‘poorly ankle’