Is Pogba as good as gone?

DevilRed

Can Juve even afford his wages along with Ronaldo’s and De Ligt’s? That’s absurd to think that they could. No chance he will go there
I don't even think they could if they won the CL, Serie A and domestic cup.

Especially not on top of a record breaking transfer fee. They needed fiats help with Ronaldos transfer didnt they?

kopviolator

Obviously no one is willing to pay what we are demanding for him so they are stirring shit to weaken our negotiating leverage in a season where we have to sell him. At this moment I just want him out but the challenge is that with our ownership issues and the nature of the rebuild we need to embark on, we really need a good fee for him but I can't see Juve offering us that much, best case would be £80m plus a player.
Player exchange deals are complicated and very rare. I can't see this happening. And I don't think they can/need to weaken our negotiating position any further. The guy came out this summer and stated he was looking for a new challenge, has hardly played since.

Toni Roncoroni

Problem is, he hasn’t been a superstar here, he’s spent most of this season out injured, he wants to leave, he’s causing problems. So who is going to pay massive money for him? He doesn’t fit the profile of a £100m+ player. On the one had you have a thread full of people saying he’s not world class, he’s not that good, he’s overrated. Then on the other hand you have people saying we should demand £150m for him. Which one is it?
Good points and sadly true. On the other hand you can still make a lot of money with his name and pictures of him. I know, I don't like this side of the business that much, but the kids still like his style, his hair and clothes.

But the points you mentioned are spot on and it will be hard to get over 100 millions for him. Maybe a spring will change that and a good tournament in the summer. But I am sure that Raiola will be busy to keep the sum down during the next few months.

The problem is that we will be paying big bucks for our targets if any of them will want to join us.

Okey

Getting tiresome really. Any club that can pay 120m can have him. We can seriously improve the squad with that money if we want to. Of course we need more, but 100+ million would go a long way. The circus is overshadowing the football. Not a good state of affairs.

VanGaalyTime

I don't see the point in selling another big player this summer. We need to start investing all of the money we're getting from players leaving and reducing wages. Even with using youth players more than any other team in the league (due to under-investment) we're still desperately short, particularly in midfield. We require another defensive midfielder, a right winger, a world class striker and probably a squad player for the full back positions before we sell. And that's besides the fact Pogba is worth well over 100m in today's market. We have the captain of the world cup winners and he's 26. If Harry Maguire goes for 85, Pogba must go for closer to 200m. He's at the Mbappe, Neymar level in terms of marketability.

kopviolator

Well if you think your player is what he thinks he is, it shouldn't be hard to get a fee. Real Madrid had no issue paying £100m for a 29 year old Hazard, Juve paying £100m for a 34 yr old Ronaldo. That shows the clubs do not think Pogba is that good if they are not willing to pay.

I think Manut'd stance is you can go if you and your agent can find a buyer for £120m.
I think he's a fantastic talent and he has huge marketing potential but I'm sure I don't have the same opinion of him as he does. Anyway, he's obvioiusly at the wrong place. However, I don't see Real spending such money on him. I think they would rather double the amount for Mbappe. And I can't see Juve spending 120M on a player so soon after Ronaldo and if they do, it will be via installments over a long period.

I agree with your 2nd paragraph, I just don't see other clubs willing to take that deal.

GBBQ

I hope this figure isn't true. I know we are really bad at selling but 83 million would be laughable
We don't exactly have the strongest hand here though.

He's nearing the end of his contract, we're under performing. Even at 83 million there's a small number of clubs who can afford him and we can basically write off any club in the Premier League. Bayern have already said they need to sell Tolisso to generate funds for signings so they might struggle to afford him. I don't see anyone other than Juve interesting him in Italy and with their recent signings I don't see them being able to afford him either.

It really leaves it down to Barcelona, PSG and Real Madrid who could afford him.

romufc

The Pogba defenders will be out in force claiming he's still committed to the club and Pogba is the real victim here from nasty fans that have hidden agendas who hate him and want him to fail.
I was a Pogba defender at the start of the season. But as the season has gone on, it is clear he wants out and even the Pogba defenders cannot say otherwise.

His agent keeps making all these noises and Pogba is staying silent which seems to suggest he agrees with it and/ or is coming from him via his agent.

He is clearly a virus, I wouldn't want a player in my team who thinks he is too good to play with us, he has not shown his true potential in big club games.

VanGaalyTime

Its just getting boring now. If we had any brains as a club we would already have deals agreed to replace him and sign them/sell Pogba the minute the window opens instead of leaving it drag on until after the Euros.

Give him and his stupid agent an incentive. Play your socks off and if we get top 4/CL you can move no issue. If we dont then we make it difficult. Play hardball ffs.

Thats assuming he actually comes back from injury this season.
I keep saying this - but my concern is the club think they've already replaced him with Fernandes. So we'll use the Pogba money, which should be at least 150, for Sancho. While Sancho is a good player, it makes no sense to get rid of Pogba just to get him. Pogba AND Sancho in this current squad will help us challenge for the champions league places next season. Simply exchanging the two would still leave us about 6th (if we're lucky with injuries).

norm87cro

I'm certainly no Pogba fan boy but we should stick with him until the Euros because I have a sneaky feeling he's going to have a great tournament meaning we can sell him for more. Benching him out of spite is no good for anybody. Also we should buy new midfielders regardless of when we sell him.

ICHM

Buy his replacement and then get shot of him and his slimeball agent. Juve will be lucky if they have £50M to buy players at the moment. Don't expect a lot of money for the virus.

We should never ever buy a player with Riola as agent again. Any player getting Riola should be sold for a premium with zero fees going to the agent.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Of course hes going to leave, but he has his price. It should be a pay up or shut up situation. 100m is nothing crazy for him and the player they'd be getting. He'll have a great euro's and show hes a top player when in a functioning system and that'll erase any doubt.

Bestietom

Of course hes going to leave, but he has his price. It should be a pay up or shut up situation. 100m is nothing crazy for him and the player they'd be getting. He'll have a great euro's and show hes a top player when in a functioning system and that'll erase any doubt.
Thought we were not letting him go for anything less that 150million.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought we were not letting him go for anything less that 150million.
Always felt itd be around 120m tbh, but with his contract situation and obviously basically not playing all season (whether it's legit or not) will hurt our position.

Bestietom

Always felt itd be around 120m tbh, but with his contract situation and obviously basically not playing all season (whether it's legit or not) will hurt our position.
we should hold him until after the Euro's then. We would fetch more, Yeah.

spiriticon

FFS, for an apparent world class player with lots of suitors why it is that hard to start a bidding war?

Mino, do your fecking job and bring in that big money offer.

United_We_Stand

Paul Pogba wants to leave Manchester United in the summer but his chances of securing a swift exit are likely to be hampered by the club setting an asking price of around €100m (£83m).
So Romano and Juve think/hope United would ask for only €100m (£83m) for Pogba!

crossy1686

career ending
He'll go for way less and we'll get a player swap in the deal. We'd be lucky to get our money back on him to be honest. He isn't worth anywhere near what we want for him.

Denis' cuff

Unbelievable how he is under contract, on full pay yet free to wonder around as he pleases. Wtf has happened to the game? You would think he had a duty to report regularly to the club and be examined by the club medicos. You want paying? You report and attend as directed by the club.
Nah, you're alright mate, here's another 300,000 to pay for this weeks holiday. Come back in April and we'll warm you up, just in time for the Euros to showcase for your long awaited move and the slob pulling your strings can have another 30m

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I keep saying this - but my concern is the club think they've already replaced him with Fernandes. So we'll use the Pogba money, which should be at least 150, for Sancho. While Sancho is a good player, it makes no sense to get rid of Pogba just to get him. Pogba AND Sancho in this current squad will help us challenge for the champions league places next season. Simply exchanging the two would still leave us about 6th (if we're lucky with injuries).
Is Sancho actually keen on coming here?

Thisistheone

Wonder how much of this is Pogba's fault and how much is the clubs fault for not matching his ambition? I bet he was promised the world when he signed in 2016. 4 years later and we have no CL football again & sit below Sheff Utd in the league with the ex Cardiff and Molde manager in charge.

Bestietom

Unbelievable how he is under contract, on full pay yet free to wonder around as he pleases. Wtf has happened to the game? You would think he had a duty to report regularly to the club and be examined by the club medicos. You want paying? You report and attend as directed by the club.
Nah, you're alright mate, here's another 300,000 to pay for this weeks holiday. Come back in April and we'll warm you up, just in time for the Euros to showcase for your long awaited move and the slob pulling your strings can have another 30m
Imagine this happening in Fergies's time here.

Rolaholic

Laughable fee given what they asked for him in the first place

Can't say I'm surprised or too upset he'd want out, he joined us at 23 during the start of a 'rebuild' and fast foward 3 and a half years at 26 and we're still talking about a 'rebuild' with a worse off squad and manager than back then...I'd want out too.

I'm sure any ambitious player in their prime would as well.

Its unfortunate but all sides have dissappointed during his time here. I would still hold out for a better fee though if I were the club, Juve would be taking the piss if they expect to pay for him around what they paid for a near 30 y/o Higuain a few seasons ago

VanGaalyTime

Is Sancho actually keen on coming here?
Difficult to say. But I do know he has family in the Manchester area and he's good friends with a few of the England players at United. If the money makes sense I think it'll be quite simple for United to convince him. Can see a deal for 100+ bonuses being doing in July.

Bestietom

Wonder how much of this is Pogba's fault and how much is the clubs fault for not matching his ambition? I bet he was promised the world when he signed in 2016. 4 years later and we have no CL football again & sit below Sheff Utd in the league with the ex Cardiff and Molde manager in charge.
No matter what, he is getting paid well here, and should make an effort at least.

TRUERED89

Can Juve even afford his wages along with Ronaldo’s and De Ligt’s? That’s absurd to think that they could. No chance he will go there
I understand Ronaldo, but how much is De Ligt really on? surely they didn't give him more than €150k?

AneRu

Player exchange deals are complicated and very rare. I can't see this happening. And I don't think they can/need to weaken our negotiating position any further. The guy came out this summer and stated he was looking for a new challenge, has hardly played since.
I think we should state our price and indicate a willingness to throw him to the stands for the remainder of his contract, which we can extend by a further year, if his suitors don't want to match our price and see how far he is willing to play his injury card.

With a clear and published price I think other teams like PSG will throw their hat in not these suitors of his who want to fleece us.

Thisistheone

No matter what, he is getting paid well here, and should make an effort at least.
For sure, was just wondering though, if he is going then can we really blame him when we aren't run or don't act like the biggest and best club in the world? There was the fuss over Rooney all those years ago and there is some truth in what Wayne said, the club (owners) didn't have enough ambition.

I'm all for 'the club is bigger than any player' but in reality, Pogba's a massive talent and would start for any side in the world, more or less. He deserves to be playing latter stages CL football and in the mix for league titles come May. He has no chance of that here given the current state of affairs.

izzydiggler

For sure, was just wondering though, if he is going then can we really blame him when we aren't run or don't act like the biggest and best club in the world? There was the fuss over Rooney all those years ago and there is some truth in what Wayne said, the club (owners) didn't have enough ambition.

I'm all for 'the club is bigger than any player' but in reality, Pogba's a massive talent and would start for any side in the world, more or less. He deserves to be playing latter stages CL football and in the mix for league titles come May. He has no chance of that here given the current state of affairs.
This whole 'self-hating' fan trend is nauseating. He's a professional footballer earning fortunes...when he's fit, the bare minimum we should have his maximum effort and focus, no ifs or buts.

I don't blame him for wanting to leave (despite being part of the problem) but whilst he's employed by the club, I don't care what he may feel he deserves to be playing in, he should be trying his best to get the team playing them games.

Thisistheone

This whole 'self-hating' fan trend is nauseating. He's a professional footballer earning fortunes...when he's fit, the bare minimum we should have his maximum effort and focus, no ifs or buts.

I don't blame him for wanting to leave (despite being part of the problem) but whilst he's employed by the club, I don't care what he may feel he deserves to be playing in, he should be trying his best to get the team playing them games.
Already agreed with that, of course he should be giving his all.

Self hating? We're shit mate, why pretend we're not? That would be nauseating.

Bestietom

Yes, I understand all of what you are saying, but he should be showing some respect to what he is earning
( not earning) here. He knows himself we would have a better chance of winning games with him playing ( Giving all) and we would certainly be in top 4 position now. He is 26 now and if he was to have any chance of the Ballon Dor he needs to be playing. Ok he picked up injuries but it didn't stop him playing a friendly for his brother, and playing basketball while supposedly recovering from injury.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
FFS, for an apparent world class player with lots of suitors why it is that hard to start a bidding war?

Mino, do your fecking job and bring in that big money offer.
Probably because there's not actually that much hype about him as a player, largely down to his own inconsistency. It's crazy how much clubs are influenced by the flavour of the moment, just look at De Ligt's price as an example. Coutinho as another. Unfortunately Pogba hasn't done anything to whip the fans, the media and clubs up in that way, despite doing it in every other way.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
We'd be so stupid to sell him before the euros - Every chance he plays a huge part in France winning it.

cyberman

Italian clubs always lowball English sides. 3m more than Maguire.. Christ on a bike