Is Pogba as good as gone?

Classical Mechanic

No, he went for surgery because it was a convenient time for him to do so.

Athletes aren't like normal people, most of the time, a fair amount of them are carrying some 'injury' that isn't debilitating but will need surgery at some point to correct it, it's the nature of pushing yourself to your limit daily.

Rashford has been playing with a floating bone in his ankle, probably needs surgery on it, Smalling was playing through injury for Mourinho. John Terry spoke at length about how he put off ankle surgery for years before finally getting it done one summer.

What I'm saying is Pogba could have waited to have surgery for a time that was more convenient for Manchester United but that would have meant he missed the Euro's or he wouldn't be at his best for his new club when he joins them.

If he needed surgery so badly then why did he come back and play a couple of games? Did his personal medical staff not think he needed injury before he played 70 minutes of football?

Keep lying to yourself if it makes you feel any better.
I tend to agree. He's addressed this surgery in order to get himself in tiptop shape for the Euros and his next club all the while his agent has been doing the over the top warfare.

Their aim was to make his position at United untenable and it's worked. He'll probably leave on a much more modest fee than we would've wanted.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Watching Madrid last night, they basically have no midfield. They might be stupid enough to pay big money for Pogba.

I know Fergie said he wouldn’t sell them a virus but maybe now it’s time to change that.....?
I mean... we sold them Ronaldo after those comments.

Snuffkin

If he doesn't kick a ball for the rest of this season will he get in the France squad in the summer?

Zlatans Knee

Watching Madrid last night, they basically have no midfield. They might be stupid enough to pay big money for Pogba.

I know Fergie said he wouldn’t sell them a virus but maybe now it’s time to change that.....?
That is a bit harsh. I thought they were doing pretty well for about 75 mins. Modric and Valverde in particular. They will need to replace Modric eventually but Pogba is not capable of playing the same role as Modric currently does in that team. He is too undisciplined.

EngimaMK

He'll miraculously be fit to play the friendlies next month, but then pick up a 'minor knock' while he's there.
I said this to a friend the other day. 100%... For four the friendlies, pick up a knock, recover just in time for the euros.

The lad is a dickhead and his fat, dirty agent is a c*#!

crossy1686

career ending
Rashford playing with an injury was a good thing? Ludicrous. Pogba could have waited to have surgery for a time that was more convenient like Rashford? Huh? All matches count the same on the table. It doesn't matter if he flipped the time, he still would have missed the same length of time.
He was our only striker scoring goals. We had to get an emergency loan to cover his absence.

I'm not saying it's a good thing he was playing through an injury, I'm saying it's a part of the game. If a player needs urgent surgery the player will be sent immediately, if it's manageable the club and player will sit down and decide on a time during the season or pre-season where the injury can be operated on that causes the least disruption.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
If he doesn't kick a ball for the rest of this season will he get in the France squad in the summer?
Of course he will, he is the star, one of the biggest stars in football today, and if he plays well, and he will, because he cares about his national team, we get money for him, if he for some reason does not perform, it will be ManUtd destroying players.

Aarron Swift

- Given his attempts each summer to move.
- The Clubs Issues with his Agent
- Wages hes on
- His overall performance vs hype/expectations/his talent over his 4 seasons
- Fact hes hardly featured this season anyway
- Reports the club need to sell before buying big this summer,
- Finances could be further it if we miss out on CL again and he's our highest value asset

Surely this is the time to sell up and move on. Whether you feel Pogba is our best player and overly targeted for criticism, its hard to argue the Pogba saga has been one long circus and its best for all if hes sold (£100m+ hopefully) in the summer.

TheRedHearted

Does anyone know if when a player refuses to play (Coutinho did it I believe and there’s speculation Pogba is as well) do they still get paid or are they in breach of contract and wages are docked?
I wonder if he’s in contact with Deschamps and he knows of the situation.
Not likey
All depends. It would be a bit ironic if he assumed he was a shoe in and some other French midfielder caught great form and got the spot.

Alabaster Codify7

I tend to agree. He's addressed this surgery in order to get himself in tiptop shape for the Euros and his next club all the while his agent has been doing the over the top warfare.

Their aim was to make his position at United untenable and it's worked. He'll probably leave on a much more modest fee than we would've wanted.

Bingo. And I think the club are complicit in it this time because they know they are holding a depreciating asset who has no intention of contributing anymore, so they're happy to wrap him in cotton wool until they can sell him.

Lynty

Bingo. And I think the club are complicit in it this time because they know they are holding a depreciating asset who has no intention of contributing anymore, so they're happy to wrap him in cotton wool until they can sell him.
The less he plays, the more he depreciates.

I think it's more likely we are just tired of his antics and are ready to cash in and change the culture of players.

Stadjer

The less he plays, the more he depreciates.

I think it's more likely we are just tired of his antics and are ready to cash in and change the culture of players.
Or he is actually injured and not capable of playing football because of the injury? I am sure that Ole will play him the moment Pogba is fit enough to play... when Pogba did play this season he was levels above any other midfielder in the squad and Ole would be crazy not to make use of Pogba his qualities while he (still) can. Even with Bruno joining and playing very well, i still think that adding Pogba to the team will add a lot of extra quality to the team.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
The only scenario he stays is where nobody else is actually willing to spend big on him. I used to believe that Paul should be kept unless an enormous offer comes our way. But now it's evident that he wants out and his team is throwing a hissy fit at us taking a strong stance wrt to him. So yeah, it's best that he's sold. The best thing for us would be to get a solid fee, and spend it excellently.

What's a solid fee, though?

Lynty

Or he is actually injured and not capable of playing football because of the injury? I am sure that Ole will play him the moment Pogba is fit enough to play... when Pogba did play this season he was levels above any other midfielder in the squad and Ole would be crazy not to make use of Pogba his qualities while he (still) can. Even with Bruno joining and playing very well, i still think that adding Pogba to the team will add a lot of extra quality to the team.
Oh, I definitely think he's injured. I'm talking about our apparent willingness to sell.

Usually by now, we'd have said he's not going anywhere, he'll be playing here next season etc. It's obvious to me that Raiola and Co have worked their magic and the club no longer want the hassle for a player who isn't committed.

sp_107

Is it true that If we dont qualify for CL, 25% pay cut caluse will kick in for all players?
If it is the case club saves more money on wages then the actual money they get from CL?
Not saying owners like us not to qualify for CL but finances wise it won't hurt them much ?

Might be the reason Pigba wants to move away ?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Bruno is the perfect example of actually using your eyes to see how a player of a certain calibre can and should affect a whole game rather than just pulling out stats that only show how they contributed to a few specific occasions over a whole season, like many people do with Pogba.

And before anyone says, I like Pogba and want to see what he’s like with better players around him. And I know they play slightly different positions but the expectations are the same.

Jack-C20

If he is as good as gone I wonder what he thinks of the Bruno signing. We look infinitely better with him in the team and another one or two players of his quality and we’d be a whole new team. I wonder if there is any changing his mind. I’d love to see him in the team when we’re playing like this.

James Peril

Bruno is far better and more effective for us as a team.
Such drivel, so tired of comments made when Pogba isn’t playing, is injured and for some reason only remembered for his bad moments. He is our best player by far and he plays in a different position than Bruno. Of course Bruno is more effective in terms of offensive output, but imagine boty in the same team!? Pogba doesn’t contribute defensively in quick transitions, but he wins tons of headers and defensive set-pieces, he uses his strength to shield players and create space for others.. and his passing to unleash creative players from the middle of our zone and past the midfield is second to none.

We want to win the league and the CL, that’s done with these guys playing together and then some. We don’t challenge by replacing like for like. I am so looking forward to seeing these guys together, but who knows if it happens.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Such drivel, so tired of comments made when Pogba isn’t playing, is injured and for some reason only remembered for his bad moments. .
It’s true. Pogba has only affected a whole game like this once or twice if at all and that’s no exaggeration.

He’s never looked this dangerous.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
To be fair Pogba never also benefited from the general improvement of the team either. This season McT, Fred have improved a lot, Maguire has helped, Bissaka the same and Martial too.
Pogba hasn't played in our improved team so to directly compare him like that with Bruno (who has been awesome) is stupid for me. The context has to be analyzed too

LJJT

Bruno is on a different level to Pogba. Let’s hope we get good money for him this summer and the failure can go tag along to another big team and play a bit part some where else

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
To be fair Pogba never also benefited from the general improvement of the team either. This season McT, Fred have improved a lot, Maguire has helped, Bissaka the same and Martial too.
Pogba hasn't played in our improved team so to directly compare him like that with Bruno (who has been awesome) is stupid for me. The context has to be analyzed too
We’ve been absolutely shite until Bruno arrived though. Mct has always been good and Fred is in Pogba’s position.

kouroux

We’ve been absolutely shite until Bruno arrived.
No we really haven't, you are being a prisonner of the moment. We have been up and down granted but not absolutely shite.
Bruno makes us better as a team yes but the individual improvement of many of our players has made things easier for him

Yagami

Good post resistant
It’s true. Pogba has only affected a whole game like this once or twice if at all and that’s no exaggeration.

He’s never looked this dangerous.
I think it is.

Pogba in our previous EL campaign put in a lot of these performances.

Pogba during Ole's initial winning run was our best player in every game.

Pogba, along with Martial, was almost single-handedly keeping José in the job at the end of his tenure with some of his performances.

Pogba in his first season was, along with Zlatan, our best player. The amount of sitters he created for our forwards that season was unreal. Zlatan must have missed 10+ sitters from Pogba's passes alone.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
No we really haven't, you are being a prisonner of the moment. We have been up and down granted but not absolutely shite.
Bruno makes us better as a team yes but the individual improvement of many of our players has made things easier for him
Excuses for Pogba. This Bruno would’ve looked better than him brought in at any stage.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I think it is.

Pogba in our previous EL campaign put in a lot of these performances.

Pogba during Ole's initial winning run was our best player in every game.

Pogba, along with Martial, was almost single-handedly keeping José in the job at the end of his tenure with some of his performances.

Pogba in his first season was, along with Zlatan, our best player. The amount of sitters he created for our forwards that season was unreal. Zlatan must have missed 10+ sitters from Pogba's passes alone.
I don’t think they were of this level personally but fair enough. I’d like to see them together at some point.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Pogba is not the main man anymore. If he ever was. Even in the short time we’ve seen him it’s obvious Bruno gives way more to the team, plays more for the team and will become way more popular than Pogba with the fans.

Everything Pogba isn’t.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Don't let your hatred blind you. You are convincing yourself of something you could never be sure about anyway.
I hope you are right in the long term as Bruno is meant to stay for a while
Oh dear. It’s just using one’s eyes. Like I say, I like Pogba and I want to see them play together. Criticism doesn’t mean otherwise. To suggest so is weak at this stage and there’s no point discussing further.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I understand why people don’t like Pogba and might want him gone but let’s not pretend like he’s not a great player. It’s just silly.

kouroux

Oh dear. It’s just using one’s eyes. Like I say, I like Pogba and I want to see them play together. Criticism doesn’t mean otherwise. To suggest so is weak at this stage and there’s no point discussing further.
I know it's easy to draw that kinda after how many games for Bruno ? Plus the quality of opposition has to be taken into account. I think it's natural to think like that, Pogba has become a non entity this season and Bruno is fresh in our minds. All I'm saying is that it's way too early to draw your kinda conclusions.
@Yagami said it well, Pogba also had some great games against better opposition even.
In the end what matters is that Bruno's transition has been amazing