Is Rashford better than the likes of Saint Maximin?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Right now Rashford is playing like an exhausted fan that has ran on the pitch. There's a very long list of better players.
:lol: That's an apt description. I disagreed with this thread earlier but that was when good Rashford was still somewhat fresh in my mind. On purely current form, he's a horrendous player. I think we should put his place under contention and stop treating him with kid gloves.

Last edited:

MrEleson

ASM is miles clear of Rashford and not just because of recent form.

redIndianDevil

No. And it's not even close. Rashford has got some good attributes but unless he learns control, he is going to follow the Lingard, Welbeck route in the future.

Dante

Average bang
World War 3 has more chance to break out rather than this trade to happen. Son would be a lovely player. He's apparently also United fan and he already mention Park as his favourite player
There's actually quite a high chance of World War 3 breaking out.

cyril C

Comparing 2 players in different form/stage is unfair. I would say Rashford at his peak (2-3 seasons ago) is more lethal than SaintM this season. However, given time and better coaching, SaintM has much more room to grow, such as improving his finishing, polishing his movement etc. Simple fact is that SaintM has more tools in his locker, whereas Rashford only relied on his physical strength and speed.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Shame - seems like his injuries/being ran into the ground by the past regime has had a big toll. Looks a shadow of the player in every respect.

joedirt87

im pretty sure I said yes with confidence at some point in this thread, but seeing it pop up and the last few months of form definitely has me rethinking things.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I'd trade him for Son.
yeeeeah me too. That’s the level he needs to be at. I’d say he knows that himself but where’s the effort to move forward and improve? Look, most smart invested people copped that he was actually holding us back even when he was producing bits of play last season before he totally dropped off (due to injury) Any half decent fit winger or striker who didn’t have to work off the ball could get into double figures stat padding for a big team against the poor teams we play and when we were in the EL. Put him in a struggling PL/CL team now or last season. World class? Couldn’t be any further from it. He’s got a LOT of talent though. That’s the shit part.

I should be the dof. I’d have sorted us out about 5 years ago and im only half joking. Follow what Liverpool did but spend quite a bit more on bigger assholes who work even harder than their assholes. Add the best creative players you can. Job done. It’s not rocket science.

wake up Rashy, you have the gift.

Last edited:

acnumber9

Even in a horrendous season Rashford is a considerably more productive player. Stupid thread.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Comparisons to Welbeck are actually a bit harsh on Danny in my opinion.
that’s sly on Rashford. We all know that. Rashford could still be anything but he needs to get his head out of the Lingard book and write his own history. He’s an outrageous player if he gets it together but not a #1 team guy. Feck that. That’s over,
Hopefully forever

acnumber9

What could Rashford do in Newcastle's team this season?
With the space Newcastle get to play in? I reckon he’d score more than 5 goals. We’ve had this before with Lingard. Sometimes it’s easier playing for smaller teams.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Definitely got a whiff of the Dele Alli’s about him. How long until a blip becomes something more?

TheRedDevil2019

Probably not, Maximin can look world class in a shite team against top sides.

Rashford looks average in a good team against all teams...

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He's not as as good and excuses are running out. He was a slight bright spot in what have been basically our worst teams of the the last 30 years. In a title challenging team he'd barely make the bench.

MiceOnMeth

Should cash in on Rashy while his stock is still relatively high. But knowing us we'll give him a new fat contract and be stuck with him stinking out the place for the next half a decade

MrSingh2002

Rashford needs putting out of his misery by selling him or benching him.

Hasnt deserved to start for a year and is just lucky we haven't had better players to start ahead of him yet.

Antony changes that.

acnumber9

In a vastly inferior squad. It's not stupid at all.
An inferior squad where he’s the main man and doesn’t have every team he’s playing against raising their game because they’re playing Manchester United. I assume he’s having a good game today given a post from months ago is being quoted.

MrSingh2002

Never forget the low budget way that Newcastle announced St Maximin...

Of him dancing in a tunnel...

RedOrange

I'm not sure he's even better than Almiron.
Rashford is very good when all he has to do is stand off to the side and wait for Bruno to kick a long ball for him to run onto on the counter. He's not got the technical ability or vision to create goals when defenders are actually set up properly or tracking back in numbers.

He's also been completely disinterested in pressing or tracking back for a while now. A willingness to do those two things alone makes a lot of less talented players more valuable.

Blood Mage

He used to be but he isn't anymore. The guy is finished; injuries, confidence issues and off-field distractions have wrecked him.

Tyrion

He used to be but he isn't anymore. The guy is finished; injuries, confidence issues and off-field distractions have wrecked him.
I would have agreed with this but he could turn it around and the off-field stuff has nothing to do with it.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I would have agreed with this but he could turn it around and the off-field stuff has nothing to do with it.
The off field stuff takes up a lot of headspace. Wouldn’t rule it out.