Is Rory Delap a Premier League legend?!...

Glorio

I think I must be the only one who hasn't a clue what's going on.
Perhaps if the emoji was a gif which showed the pregnant man pull out a nicely dried baby from under his shirt and arrow it 40 yards across a maternity ward at lightning speed to the absolute panic of midwives and doctors everywhere, the connection might feel stronger. ;)

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Heard of legends who were known not really for kicking the ball, but instead for heading it, throwing it though? Thats a new one.

He is certainly quite unique, i will say that much.

It does make we wonder though, in this day and age where teams tries to optimize everything, is great throwers of the ball, who can also play well with their feets not possible to come by? Throw-ins can be a real weapon if you have lots of good headers, and a great thrower.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Today im writing a short article and post about Legends. And special football legends and legends which are in sport and team world. Not like invidual sport like Boxing, Tennis, Golf or more.
So i will ask myself. Does football legend walks alone?

I think and believe the answer is No. The greatest legends and world class players never walk alone. First. Football is a team sport. To achieve and win the biggest trophies in football. A team need more than one best players in the line up.

To find example of that legends didnt and dont walk alone.
We go back to the time of George Best, Bobby Charlton and Denis Law. To they are 3 not one. And of course more in the golden era. But the most outstanding and well known, football legends

Then we switch to the Brazil golden generation:
With Pele, Garrincha and more.

To the 90s with Eric Cantona and the class of 92.

Brazil second golden generation with Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho

Frances golden generation : Zidane, Makele, Viera, Desailly

Later with Spain tik taka golden generation: Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol and Ramos

Then with C.Ronaldo, Scholes, Giggs, Rooney and more

So at theirs peak. We dont see they are playing like what we are calling. A one man team. But before we call a legend was playing like a one man team. Or he won the biggest trophies alone. Like World cup or the top 4 league. We have to analize all the XI level. There maybe world class defend or midfield players playing beside them. Withouh having the same well known at repuation like the outstanding world class player and legend.

Again. At theirs peak. I dont think and believe. There are not at least one, 2 or more legends playing beside them. Its definition of : " Legends dont walk alone". So in this case. The Liverpool song is right on point. You never walk alone. Definitely not football legends.

And so if they are not walking a lone. There is a good sign for the club, fans and the owner. They are in the good time and golden era. The level of XI and squad are really high.

Lately and this season. A football legends like C.Ronaldo has return back to United. One of the greatest of all time. To see if he is not his peak. We have to analyze and rate the level of his teammates. To see if he is walking alone.
Then i would start with United players. Those who i think are closest to the top level in theirs each positions.
After Ronaldo. I think Bruno is closest to the top level. Only on a consistent level. Then i think we have Rashford. The guts are always on top. And his consistent level is really high too.
In central midfield. I m satisfy and believe McTominay is doing a really conistent job as a player that break down opponents attack and the player that do the dirty job and make United hard to play against role.

So i definitely believe Deap was not walking alone this time neither. We can see. Delap didnt play under under Pep or Mourinho, where Stoke where in a sinking period. The Stoke ship was more steady then after the arriving or Delap.
And legend at theirs peak. When they come and arrive. They dont walk a lone. They attract other great players or a great teams shall be on place when he is arriving. It is like when me and a norwegian king are visiting the White house. The different with me and the king team and followers. There are two different worlds. Same as football legends and one of the GOAT arriving Old Trafford. Everything will change. The level of the team and everything relate to it.
And Crouch never won anything, The point is. Stoke others players were on the way up, theirs peak, hungry and wanted to stay in the Premier League. And with the arriving with a football legend Delap. I think that was achieved.
If not, if Delap ended up playing at Real. There would be different. But at Stoke. I think and believe they had others really great players in the past too. The 1 I mentioned. Plus Shakiri and Chupa. So its really high quality of Delap teammates. And maybe in the future. We can call Stoke others players for legends too.

Sum up and conclusion: Legends dont walk alone. Special at theirs peak. He will surround of really good and high quality teammates. The closest to a one man team is Diego Maradonna. But to be honest. I dont know much about Maradonna Argentina or Napoli teammates. But even in boxing or tennis. You need really really good coaches and guidances. In formel one. You need a whole crew and team behind you. So yeah. Like old peoples have said. You dont win anything alone. Special in teamsport. So yeah. I think and believe the greatest legends dont walk alone. For Delap at Stoks that time too. And maybe other great football players....were on theirs way to the Britannia too. Legends attract legends ;)

p.s I did get inspired by Delap's throw-ins. The inspiration of this post;) Delap dont walk alone ;)

MacGlock88

He had a legendary attribute. Insofar as, what he could do from the sidelines is still talked about after his departure from the scene.
Legend is a bit strong compared to what was on show During his tenure.

According to the premier league panini sticker collection of 2021/22,
The top 6 legends are: Zola, Beckham, Klinsmann, Henry, Rooney and Shearer.

No Rory. Case closed. :wenger: