Roy Keane

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
People hate Gary Neville for a lot less than this for things he says on Sky Sports. I wonder if this applies for Keane or if people have different standards.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I'll be honest, after seeing this interview it's changed my opinion of him. He actually seems decent but a little stubborn.

Jimmy_Bond

"Is Roy Keane dead to you?"

No, as a rational adult people can say things that I may not agree with without them "dying" to me.

Keane is the most important player of the most successful era in our history in my opinion. I also agree with a lot of what he says, whilst disagreeing with some things.

The hysteria of this thread title, in my opinion is pathetic, but an apt portrayal of the modern day supporter.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I actually like him more after seeing this clip, I had seen others where he's been upset at Fergie but he laid out a much better case here and you can tell he's just been hurt by how it all ended. It'd be a shame if this all ended with two stubborn people who go to the grave with this anger for each other when you think of all the things they accomplished together. As the interviewer said, life is too short to hold on to grudges.

acnumber9

I actually like him more after seeing this clip, I had seen others where he's been upset at Fergie but he laid out a much better case here and you can tell he's just been hurt by how it all ended. It'd be a shame if this all ended with two stubborn people who go to the grave with this anger for each other when you think of all the things they accomplished together. As the interviewer said, life is too short to hold on to grudges.
Keane seems to be the only one who can’t let it go.

FujiVice

Alex Ferguson almost died last year. Do you genuinely think he sits there thinking about Roy Keane more a second of his week? There is no feud. Keane mouthing off as usual. Which is amazing after the managerial career he had and the amount of falling outs he had with players. You'd think he'd have learned why Ferguson did certain things and why they fell out in the first place.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
No more dead to me than Fergie is for the whole horse spunk / takeover / doomed club episode.

Redfan94

In the same boat as Morrissey for me.

Love him, but the man tarnishes his legacy every time he opens his mouth.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Surely the other two Roy Keane threads is an indication that this is already being discussed

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Alex Ferguson almost died last year. Do you genuinely think he sits there thinking about Roy Keane more a second of his week? There is no feud. Keane mouthing off as usual. Which is amazing after the managerial career he had and the amount of falling outs he had with players. You'd think he'd have learned why Ferguson did certain things and why they fell out in the first place.
Look at Keanes body language when he was asked about that. Says far more than his actual answer does. Of course that's gone through his head.

Champagne Football

He's got that flawed genius that so many greats have. Gazza, Tiger Woods, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Mike Tyson etc......... Has a major chip on his shoulder. It was that chip on his shoulder that made him the absolute beast warrior winner he was, and that chip on his shoulder that stops him from being a good manager or winning a popularity contest. .

DBT85

Hell no. If one player in our drwssing hroom had one quarter of his leadership ability, we'd be far better off.

Guapa

A lot of our problems are down to never replacing him.Born winner.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
He's a legend and always will be. Maybe my age but he was the glue amoungst the glitter.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
What did he mean when he mentioned David Gill?

Does he want Fergie go apologize to Gill or for Gill to apologize to him?

AndyMUFC

He’s an absolute weapon to be fair. Great player in his day but certainly not a great man.

AlwaysRed66

Greatest captain. Pity he wasn't playing here now. The little prima donnas wouldn't know what had hit them.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
doesn't surprise me, he is our most decorated captain and is an outcast at the club
Only because he's contributed to it. SAF has made peace with former players who he had falling out with. At the end of the day, the man is very old and sick, being the bigger man and moving on wouldn't hurt Roy.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm gonna come out and say it. The people who are find his comments "distasteful" and all that are the kind of boring people you wouldn't want to hang out with at the end of a day in a pub. He's a colorful character and I love him for it. I'm sure even SAF would say the same and probably laugh off whatever Roy's saying. It wouldn't bother him and he'd carry on and that's how it should be. At least Roy has the guts to call things as they are rather than neuter his comments like most modern day politically correct pundits.

Irrational.

He was a great player to be fair to him, but the stuff he's coming out is utterly pathetic and shows he's still a bitter man. His lack of respect for the greatest manager of all time and one of (if not) the most important men in the history of Manchester United says everything you need to know about him. Even when Sir Alex is suffering from ill health, it's just not appropriate. He's not a good human being.

The same posters shit on other players for much less (look at recent examples in Lukaku, Matic, Pogba, Neville - granted they haven't achieved what Roy achieved), but yet following a damning interview like the above come out with 'legend' and continue the love-in for a thin-skinned stubborn man screams out massive hypocrisy. I simply don't understand the cult-like following he has. He was another great player in the history of the club, but for some he seems to transcend the club itself.

Amerifan

Never dead to me. As with Neville, I cringe sometimes when he speaks, though. Given their jobs are to report on, and failing that, make, the news, I doubt we’ll never know what they really think.