Is Sterling the best english player at the moment?

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
in the immortal words of Marshawn Lynch, "you know why i'm here"
Are you going to bump this every single time he has a good game? Let us at least wait until the end of the season and see where both players are at, ffs.

TsuWave

Are you going to bump this every single time he has a good game? Let us at least wait until the end of the season and see where both players are at, ffs.
Yes, because every game these days is corroboration of my assertions in this thread, and I like to discuss it as it happens. Don't know why this would perturb you.

Sterling guiding City to the title while Harry Kane couldn't prevent Spurs from dropping points to relegation battle Southampton and are now dragged into top 4 race? you hate to see it

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Yes, because every game these days is corroboration of my assertions in this thread, and I like to discuss it as it happens. Don't know why this would perturb you.

Sterling guiding City to the title while Harry Kane couldn't prevent Spurs from dropping points to relegation battle Southampton and are now dragged into top 4 race? you hate to see it
Every game? Hence why you haven't actually bumped it in ages? It's just boring because we've had the same discussion multiple times and it's massively kneejerk to bump it every single time one or the other does well.

Kane scored a brilliant goal, ripped Southampton to shreds at times and was our best player on the pitch, pretty much doing shit single handedly at times .. which Sterling almost never has to do, because again (and we've gone over this so many times) he plays in a far, far better team.

Where our team are has nothing to do with Kane, do you honestly think if you swapped them both we'd be the ones in the title race and City would be struggling for top four?

TsuWave

Every game? Hence why you haven't actually bumped it in ages? It's just boring because we've had the same discussion multiple times and it's massively kneejerk to bump it every single time one or the other does well.

Kane scored a brilliant goal, ripped Southampton to shreds at times and was our best player on the pitch, pretty much doing shit single handedly at times .. which Sterling almost never has to do, because again (and we've gone over this so many times) he plays in a far, far better team.

Where our team are has nothing to do with Kane, do you honestly think if you swapped them both we'd be the ones in the title race and City would be struggling for top four?
my last post in this thread was feb 21st, that's like 2 weeks ago. "ages" :lol: its starting to sound like you're losing your marbles over this.

I reserve the right to discuss football matters in the football forum, you don't have to enter this thread. Plus, I'm not interested in you copping pleas for Kane to be honest, like I said, Sterling is taking his team to the title while certain man can't lead theirs to victory against relegation freedom fighters.

back to the thread, the movement, the finesse, the finishing, what a cracking player, only 24 years old, a wide player not far off of top scorers list, and a bag of assists to go with it. what a man.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
my last post in this thread was feb 21st, that's like 2 weeks ago. "ages" :lol: its starting to sound like you're losing your marbles over this.

I reserve the right to discuss football matters in the football forum, you don't have to enter this thread. Plus, I'm not interested in you copping pleas for Kane to be honest, like I said, Sterling is taking his team to the title while certain man can't lead theirs to victory against relegation freedom fighters.

back to the thread, the movement, the finesse, the finishing, what a cracking player, only 24 years old, a wide player not far off of top scorers list, and a bag of assists to go with it. what a man.
just suck his dick and be done with it

Wilt

IMO Kane is easily the best English player and has been for the last 3 years. Others may come and go but Kane is always up there. It’s a fact.

Just wish he played for Utd.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Potentially set to be City’s most important player in a PL title win (yet again). Hard to see many better players in the league than him, let alone English.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
IMO Kane is easily the best English player and has been for the last 3 years. Others may come and go but Kane is always up there. It’s a fact.

Just wish he played for Utd.
Whichever side of the argument you lie neither player is easily better than the other.
To suggest so makes your post laughable.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Potentially set to be City’s most important player in a PL title win (yet again). Hard to see many better players in the league than him, let alone English.
De Bruyne was our most important player last season.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
De Bruyne was our most important player last season.
I remember Sterling bagged a lot of important goals early-mid season, though. You’d say he was one of the most important if not best in any case.

GeorgieBoy

Still Kane for me as he’s performed at a high level for a longer, more consistent period of time.
Sterling a close 2nd. I like him more as he’s given a big ‘feck you’ to the abuse he was getting from the media by just ignoring it and putting a shift in.

Wilt

Whichever side of the argument you lie neither player is easily better than the other.
To suggest so makes your post laughable.
Have a word yourself, this thread lies dormant for a month then suddenly Sterling scores a few goals and out you come like flies around ....

I shudder to think how many goals Kane would score if he had the same team around him as does Sterling. Like I said, others will come and go but Kane is always there.

Paul_Scholes18

Rashford! Lingard! Sterling is really good though, but also helped by playing for Man City. Kane probably the best for me in the end though.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
You feelin aight ? Touched a nerve there @TsuWave ?
:lol: I was more laughing at the 'what a man' part.

Is @TsuWave a United fan? If so it's really weird how you seemingly adore a player who has played for both your biggest rivals so much. It's fine admiring the fact he's a good player but man, I can't imagine waxing lyrical about Hazard every time he has a good game.

Badenfutbolfan

Supports
Man city
Yes, no ifs or buts on this one imho. Maybe if Kane was playing for Guardiola and his system he would be better but he is not so...yeah, Sterling for me

Ekeke

Whats Sterling worth at this current time, considering he is at least statistically the best English player and maybe the best player in the league?

We have talk of someone who has done very little in comparison being worth £100 million, so what would the very best English player and best player in the league be worth?

Surely at least 3 times as much as someone who hasnt even played 50 matches yet? So probably a world record fee then?

shabz

He is playing so consistently well, always a threat throughout the game and has established himself as City's most important forward. 15+ league goals and 10+ assists in both the last two seasons is a great stat.

passing-wind

If you consider how talented B.Silva and Sane are and the fact that Sterling is probably the only forward player who picks himself (with performances) more so than the manager, it goes to show how far he has come.

He's the most improved player under peps reign and its a shame the media seemingly have an agenda against him, he deserves far more recognition and accolades for his contribution to that team. Name one club he couldn't walk into right now :( he's easily world class.

TsuWave

You feelin aight ? Touched a nerve there @TsuWave ?
This thread got his soul burning slow. Every bump is ether.

:lol: I was more laughing at the 'what a man' part.

Is @TsuWave a United fan? If so it's really weird how you seemingly adore a player who has played for both your biggest rivals so much. It's fine admiring the fact he's a good player but man, I can't imagine waxing lyrical about Hazard every time he has a good game.
Yes I’m a United fan. And yes I like Sterling.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Yes I’m a United fan. And yes I like Sterling.

It's weird how much you like him though. And I don't mean that as a dig, as much as my personal opinion is that Kane is better, I really don't mind if other people think otherwise and can understand why.

But it's just bizarre to me how much you're bigging up a player who plays for a rival team. Like you've spent so much time fighting the corner of this bloke who is banging in the goals for your across city rival, doesn't that somewhat clash with the fact that you're meant to not really like City? Do you celebrate when Sterling scores? Like I'm imagining you seeing that he got a hattrick for them today and you getting all excited because you could bump the thread.

Like I said before, I can't imagine ever liking a rival player to that extent, I can admit Chelsea or Arsenal players are good but I'm certainly not going to race to defend their honour or big them up at any opportunity. I think I'd throw up if I saw an Arsenal fan doing for Kane what you're doing for Sterling. You're already having to support City in the title race, isn't that enough without jacking yourself silly over their players?

Mr PG

May
If you consider how talented B.Silva and Sane are and the fact that Sterling is probably the only forward player who picks himself (with performances) more so than the manager, it goes to show how far he has come.

He's the most improved player under peps reign and its a shame the media seemingly have an agenda against him, he deserves far more recognition and accolades for his contribution to that team. Name one club he couldn't walk into right now :( he's easily world class.
Maybe if he hadn’t flopped at the World Cup. A beneficiary of the system he plays in. Like salah. Good players but not world beaters because the World Cup is where you test yourself against the best.

Ekeke

May

Maybe if he hadn’t flopped at the World Cup. A beneficiary of the system he plays in. Like salah. Good players but not world beaters because the World Cup is where you test yourself against the best.
So if someone is great in the champions league it doesnt matter only the world cup?

stepic

Kane is still better. I still don’t see Sterling as being the leader of that team like a supposed best player in the country should be.

gajender

Sterling in my opinion is most naturally gifted English attacker who doesn't get his fair dues ,he is fairly young but highly consistent and the scary thing is that I believe he has it in him to go another level or two up ,would have loved him to play for United but unfortunately it won't ever happen.

Jaae

Not ITK
Perfect example of a system making a player look better than they are. Never did anything of note pre Guardiola, or on the continental or international stage.

It wasn't too long ago people were calling Pedro world class after he thrived under Pep's system too.

TsuWave

It's weird how much you like him though. And I don't mean that as a dig, as much as my personal opinion is that Kane is better, I really don't mind if other people think otherwise and can understand why.

But it's just bizarre to me how much you're bigging up a player who plays for a rival team. Like you've spent so much time fighting the corner of this bloke who is banging in the goals for your across city rival, doesn't that somewhat clash with the fact that you're meant to not really like City? Do you celebrate when Sterling scores? Like I'm imagining you seeing that he got a hattrick for them today and you getting all excited because you could bump the thread.

Like I said before, I can't imagine ever liking a rival player to that extent, I can admit Chelsea or Arsenal players are good but I'm certainly not going to race to defend their honour or big them up at any opportunity. I think I'd throw up if I saw an Arsenal fan doing for Kane what you're doing for Sterling. You're already having to support City in the title race, isn't that enough without jacking yourself silly over their players?
Aye man, Sterling is the best English player right now, arguably the best in the league. Among the best in the world.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Perfect example of a system making a player look better than they are. Never did anything of note pre Guardiola, or on the continental or international stage.

It wasn't too long ago people were calling Pedro world class after he thrived under Pep's system too.
Sterling has natural talent that Pedro never really had, the potential was always there with Sterling and his only real criticism was his bottle infront of goal and he's shown that he can do it. Pedro is more of a trained product that's worked very hard to have a good career.