Is Sterling the best english player at the moment?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Sterling now needs to be spoken of as being WC and one of TBITW

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think he’s better than Kane, in all honesty. He’s a brilliant player, now Liverpool have got their act together they must be kicking themselves they let such a quality player go.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I think he’s better than Kane, in all honesty. He’s a brilliant player, now Liverpool have got their act together they must be kicking themselves they let such a quality player go.
You say 'let him go' like they had much of a choice. They offered him a couple of contracts, he refused and then threw a wobbly. It's not like they didn't want to keep him.

minh_loc_xoay

Don't worry. Sterling kinda got a phobia against De Gea that makes him tries unnecessary stuffs in front of our goal everytime he sees De Gea. :D

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Best off the ball movement in the country by some distance.

Superunknown

He's a very talented player and his goal-scoring over the last two seasons has been great. 18 and 17 league goals in the last two years with 3 already for this season. We would kill for a player like this in our squad right now. He just always seems to score.
As much as a pain it is that he plays for City, it's fantastic for the national team that we have a player of this quality. We just need to translate his club form over into the England team.

fps

Perhaps, perhaps not.
He's my Fantasy Football captain this week, that's all I know.:cool:

Tiber

If I had the choice of adding any Enlgish player I'd take Harry Kane

dbs235

He's a very talented player and his goal-scoring over the last two seasons has been great. 18 and 17 league goals in the last two years with 3 already for this season. We would kill for a player like this in our squad right now. He just always seems to score.
As much as a pain it is that he plays for City, it's fantastic for the national team that we have a player of this quality. We just need to translate his club form over into the England team.
He had a good season for England last season, finally. Euros coming up at the end of the season...

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I know Liverpool have an excellent alternative themselves in Mane but when you consider the stick we got for letting KDB slip through the net, they are getting it remarkably easy in the media.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I know Liverpool have an excellent alternative themselves in Mane but when you consider the stick we got for letting KDB slip through the net, they are getting it remarkably easy in the media.
The media has never said a bad word about them

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
At the moment? He most definitely is.

Kane didn't have a particularly great season last time around. Outscored by Mane, Salah, Sterling, Aubameyang, Aguero and Vardy. Poch constantly rushing him back from injuries didn't help him either. This season though, I reckon Kane will be back to his best and win the golden boot. Should be interesting to revisit this thread in that scenario.

Art

Art the artist
In what way?
Lethal in the box, Excellent technique and workrate and his contributions have been pivotal in City being back 2 back champions in what I think is the strongest league in the world. For me world class doesn't stop with Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar. There are a good 20-30 players in the world currently who can be called that imo.

Treble

His 3rd hat-trick in 2019, one for England and two for City. Good player.

pacifictheme

Not really. KDB was deemed not up to standard by jose. City was a step up for sterling. Different transfers.

Its like saying liverpool shouldn't have sold suarez. It was the player that wanted the move.

fps

His head is nowhere near as big as Harry Maguire's head. So no.

fps

Slight tangent, which English player do you most wish was a Man Utd player currently?

Neilwij

He's got a lot of stick from the media and a lot is unwarranted but no doubt about it hes the best english player there is right now. I give him a lot of respect for improving his game over the last 18 months hes been brilliant.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Hopefully we get Sancho next season and he can challenge him.

He's certainly surpassed Kane now though to establish himself as the best.

As everyone is asking slightly different questions, which England player do you think will thrive regardless of the system?

Kane seems to need to be a solo striker, and I have question marks about Sterling outside of City's set up.