Is there a more dangerous pitch than ours in the top leagues of Europe?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Antony going flying down the slop is one of countless incidents our raised pitch has caused. Players know that the margins for error reduce considerably the closer to the touchlines they get. Does any other pitch in a top league out there come close to ours in terms of danger levels?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't remember which stadium it is but there is one that has the drainage grills pretty close which isn't safe with football or rugby boots.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

That Schlupp clown would push you in front of it without hesitation.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Rangers FC Ibrox stadium. Last year our LB Wijndal tried to clear a ball and simply disappeared in the gutter between the pitch and the boarding. Injured for two months because of it.

Reactions: 12OunceEpilogue

Robertd0803

Spurs 2 billion pound stadium is designed in such a way that a fan can walk down rows of seats to superkick opposition goalkeepers. Seems totally safe.

Telsim

It's terrible. They could at least add some protection to those boards.

Mike Smalling

For all the talk about this, has there ever actually any serious injury as a result? A lot of players have hurt themselves, sure, but has it ever led to extended periods on the sidelines?

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
For all the talk about this, has there ever actually any serious injury as a result? A lot of players have hurt themselves, sure, but has it ever led to extended periods on the sidelines?
See my previous post.

predator

Youth NITK
Been thinking the same thing for a long long time. Its so fecking dangerous and yet is rarely discussed. I understand levelling the pitch would be a bigger job than it sounds though. I remember sitting on the first row of the sir Bobby Charlton stand and actually being below pitch level when sat down.

Natener

It's terrible. They could at least add some protection to those boards.
I am somehow thinking about condom sponsors when you put it like that. By the way, do we have condom sponsors?

wolvored

Was it Elland Rd in the 90s, when Lee chapman fell, knocked himself out and cut his face open on the side of the pitch?

Abraxas

Probably not because it's hard for a pitch to be dangerous so therefore it's the most dangerous by default. But I don't think it's a big deal. It seems to become a topic more often than you'd expect given the risk levels must be tiny given the amount of matches played and actual injuries caused.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
The pitches of the Red Star and Partizan stadiums because as a player you will be dodging illegal fireworks left and right.

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
You know when kids play ten-pin bowling, they put like inflatable 'tubes' down each side - would it not be possible to do something similar at Old Trafford (but bigger) to make it safer for the players? Also at half-time the children could be allowed to have a bounce around on them for 15 minutes.

sparx99

You know when kids play ten-pin bowling, they put like inflatable 'tubes' down each side - would it not be possible to do something similar at Old Trafford (but bigger) to make it safer for the players? Also at half-time the children could be allowed to have a bounce around on them for 15 minutes.
Cricket has the boundary pads on top of the ropes as well. Could easily have something similar on the bricks.