Is there a place for Rashford as a regular starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
So do a number of his counterparts, yet Rashford is the ‘dumb’ one. . .

As above.

As above.

Not sure where you’re headed here Gif.

Refer to response 1.
you're in a rashford thread so of course it’s going to be aimed at him And he is an incredibly dumb footballer.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He's not even out of form, he's just not a great player. Another case of a player bursting onto the scene and slowly regressing to his level. I think he's burnt out too. He won't be at United in the longterm, if the club has sense. Big if.

AFC NimbleThumb

you're in a rashford thread so of course it’s going to be aimed at him And he is an incredibly dumb footballer.
As you say it’s a Rashford thread so I’ll expect the same energy in the McTominay & Shaw threads from you.

Incredibly dumb is the fact certain players get labelled dumb over others. . . but by all means sit behind your keyboard & be selective.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
As you say it’s a Rashford thread so I’ll expect the same energy in the McTominay & Shaw threads from you.

Incredibly dumb is the fact certain players get labelled dumb over others. . . but by all means sit behind your keyboard & be selective.

Go look in those threads there's a ton of people saying how bad they are.

Litch

Good a horrible feeling we have seen the best of Rashford

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Didn't think Sancho was any better today and he's cost us 74m.

It looks like both of them will be getting 6 weeks off in Winter at this rate.

Jacob

Good a horrible feeling we have seen the best of Rashford
Been saying this for a long time. None of my mates supporting other clubs rate him. He's just a romantic pick that reeks of nepotism. It is clear as day that he lacks the footballing IQ to succeed at the top. This fact has been masked by his impressive physicality and ability to strike a ball cleanly. Mid-table player at best.

Sounds of the Aquarium

Talking about Rashford with my lad earlier, I compared to him to what we call the "decent junior footballer".
My lad plays for an under 18s team and there has been obvious regression in some of his team mates over the last few years. I said those ones were the "fast kids" who just ran past people and scared people with their pace but as they get older , people suss them out , they offer nothing, no football brain , one trick pony, can't pass, finishing is one dimensional, moves break down with them as they have no vision.
That's Rashford.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I dont know. I am having doubts as to whether he can function in a possession type game where the opposing team has ten men behind the small. he is really good when there is a counter attack. Not so good when he has a whole defense ahead of him.

Hopefully i am wrong.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I dont know. I am having doubts as to whether he can function in a possession type game where the opposing team has ten men behind the small. he is really good when there is a counter attack. Not so good when he has a whole defense ahead of him.

Hopefully i am wrong.
You’re not.

EtH

Never good enough despite the revelatory preseason claims of some here. We are well and truly fecked for options upfront. And in midfield.

Azhar88

Marcus Rashford reminds me of Federico Macheda - with one big difference: when the Italian turned out to be a one-hit-wonder he was soon shuffled out of the limelight and out of the club. Not so with Rashford and I can't help feeling and I know its controversial to say this: it has to be to do with his off-the-field work. There is the well publiscised campaign around free school meals, but also his other projects to do with getting young children to read.

Consequently, if Manchester United don't deal with Marcus Rashford respectfully (he can't just disappear like Macheda did) it leaves the club open to a potential public-relations disaster and that is the last thing we need right now.

P.S. I said Federico Macheda, but could have equally mentioned Adnan Januzaj as well. Both young stars that shone brightly then fizzled out - there has to be some underlying reason why this English lad is being treated so differently.

Lee565

Once again the club is stupidly slow in knowing when to sell someone on for the best re-sale price, this what happens when a club settles for being happy fighting for a top 4 spot or hope of winning the 2nd rate european competition to gain entry

Chief123

He's not even out of form, he's just not a great player. Another case of a player bursting onto the scene and slowly regressing to his level. I think he's burnt out too. He won't be at United in the longterm, if the club has sense. Big if.
Yep. He’s got Delle Alli written all over his career right now.

Chief123

Once again the club is stupidly slow in knowing when to sell someone on for the best re-sale price, this what happens when a club settles for being happy fighting for a top 4 spot or hope of winning the 2nd rate european competition to gain entry
There was links to a move to PSG not long ago for 100m. Oh how we missed out.

Crashoutcassius

Marcus Rashford reminds me of Federico Macheda - with one big difference: when the Italian turned out to be a one-hit-wonder he was soon shuffled out of the limelight and out of the club. Not so with Rashford and I can't help feeling and I know its controversial to say this: it has to be to do with his off-the-field work. There is the well publiscised campaign around free school meals, but also his other projects to do with getting young children to read.

Consequently, if Manchester United don't deal with Marcus Rashford respectfully (he can't just disappear like Macheda did) it leaves the club open to a potential public-relations disaster and that is the last thing we need right now.

P.S. I said Federico Macheda, but could have equally mentioned Adnan Januzaj as well. Both young stars that shone brightly then fizzled out - there has to be some underlying reason why this English lad is being treated so differently.
Didnt Rashford get 45 Goal / assists one year. Wonder did macheda ever top 2.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Not controversial at all. Been saying this for quite a while.

AFC NimbleThumb

Was the Socratic irony here intended? If so, bravo. The many who have fallen for it have proven you a genius.
Congratulations for using the term Socratic Irony correctly. That was what it was for right, to prove you’re smart to strangers on the internet.

We could always discuss why Rashford is being called ‘dumb’ immediately after missing a chance today as opposed to ‘dumb’ defenders that have been making mistakes for seasons but that wouldn’t provide a trope to make you feel clever.
Go look in those threads there's a ton of people saying how bad they are.
Exactly but not so many posters getting their knickers in a twist about how ‘dumb’ they are despite making the same defensive lapses year on year. Over the past year, there are a few players that have shown far less football intelligence consistently but he misses a shot & it’s open season.

Rashford has been crap, call him such but don’t tell me the criticism is alike.

el3mel

Rashford had potential to be a very good player for United. The problem is he bought into his own hype and both the club and the fans helped inflate his ego more and more till it finally exploded. He started off as an explosive youngster, hardworking player who can't stop running his socks off even if he's passing through a period of being off form, you can never question his efforts. He has turned into a self-centered arrogant kid who thinks he's above running, doing defensive work and thinks himself the new Ronaldo with his shooting techniques and finishing.

It's the fault of the club and fans. They both ruined a very good potential by hyping him and letting him believe this hype.

It's a shame how it turned out to be but what's broken can't be fixed. We should get rid.

BlueHaze

Sell him for fecks sake why have they kept this guy for so long? How long before his cpntract ends? Loads of mid table clubs would be interested as well as foreign clubs.

Criminal to have this guy in your starting XI.

Ted Lasso

Two great chances, both taken so poorly you have to wonder. I'd yell at my Sunday league teammates for hitting each of the chances the way he did. The second one especially was insane...to think he was doing to get the top corner with the whole other side of the net at his mercy..my goodness.

darko

Talking about Rashford with my lad earlier, I compared to him to what we call the "decent junior footballer".
My lad plays for an under 18s team and there has been obvious regression in some of his team mates over the last few years. I said those ones were the "fast kids" who just ran past people and scared people with their pace but as they get older , people suss them out , they offer nothing, no football brain , one trick pony, can't pass, finishing is one dimensional, moves break down with them as they have no vision.
That's Rashford.
Exactly.

Tiber

No clue what happened him but he isn't close to good enough anymore

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
If the board can't distinguish between Rashford's positive community work and his dour on-the-pitch performances, we are an utter shambles of a football club. I hope that isn't the case. It wouldn't even be an issue in the Conference

lex talionis

I’m worried that Marcus Rashford may have been nothing more than a boy wonder who, upon becoming a man, isn’t up to the task of being a professional footballer. Showed him with praise for feeding hungry children, which is admittedly more important than performing on the pitch, but his job is all about performing on the pitch. If that job no longer interests him, we need to move onto someone else whose ambition relates to football.

I take no joy in this observation.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm not even convinced he should be a squad player. If the club has any standards it won't renew his contract. Knowing us he'll score a couple of goals and it'll buy him a decade at the club.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
If I had to pick 3 players who could be salvaged from last season, I’d pick Sancho, Bruno and Rashford. Perhaps in a functioning team they would find their form. But I wouldn’t want to bet on it.

I still think Rangnick was right about needing 10 players.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

The underlying reason would be scoring 20+ goals in back to back seasons as a left winger, and showing genuinely excellent form for a while that was hindered by a spinal stress fracture. Not rocket science. Its absolutely ridiculous to put those guys in the same sentence as Rashford.

Knightmare7

Rashford is one of those players you really want to see succeed based on his character and the work he has done. When he got the ball at his feet today, I was desperately hoping for some creativity instead of the all-too-predictable act of dribbling directly into the feet of the defender before losing possession.

He has no positional ability/awareness (arguably Ronaldo’s most impressive ability is his knowing when and where to be in the box), he can’t cross, negligible set piece value, and he doesn’t create with the ball at his feet. All this could be forgiven if he didn’t seem like the exact same player he was three years ago. Zero development. He’s a piece that’s not starting material, and he’ll only stay until ETH finds the time to replace him (just like you, Dalot, Fred, McTominay, and De Gea)

Dr. StrangeHate

Are you of the view that there isn't enough hate in the Mc Tominay thread?

The only reason that would be the case is that there are about 10 threads in the which the MC Tominay hatred is distributed.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
He shouldn't even be anywhere near this team, let alone the starting eleven.

justboy68

We're really going to regret not selling him on while we could still con someone into paying a big fee for him.

RedDevilQuebecois

The country already hates us as a football club. I don't see how nor why shuffling him out would be a bigger problem for the club when the man clearly does not have his head into football anymore. What kind of top athlete would allow extracurriculars to become a hindrance to his playing career? Furthermore, whatever work he does outside football will suffer credibility issues because of his poor performances on the pitch. The difference between Rashford and someone like Lebron James is that the latter will always perform in his primary job first and foremost, before charity work takes any spotlight.

NewYorkRed

He’s turning out to be a really bad footballer. Should be benched next game for Garnacho and see if we get a better performance out of him. Also sends a message Marcus; you don’t play well, you’re not a guaranteed starter.

reelworld

The country already hates us as a football club. I don't see how nor why shuffling him out would be a bigger problem for the club when the man clearly does not have his head into football anymore. What kind of top athlete would allow extracurriculars to become a hindrance to his playing career? Furthermore, whatever work he does outside football will suffer credibility issues because of his poor performances on the pitch. The difference between Rashford and someone like Lebron James is that the latter will always perform in his primary job first and foremost, before charity work takes any spotlight.
well, this is clearly bollocks.
Campaigning for a good cause does not make him play worse football. Almost every rich footballer have a charity, but you only get this with Rashford because his was more high profile and he played for United.
The more logical explanation is just he's not that good to play regularly for United whether he has charity work or not.
If anything, I think it's the other way around. His high profile charity made the club think twice to move him because he brought so much positive PR for the club when the football is fairly shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.