Is there a place for Rashford as a regular starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mylock

I still believe in Rashford; he's playing like the weight of the world on his shoulders. He'll be back; I can remember Giggs going through a difficult time around the same age. We are a team in disarray, struggling to find our identity, and it hasn't helped rashford find his form. His decision making and his lack of ability to press and trackback are causing a big problem for the team. This is an area he needs to get up to speed on as all our manager's options are extensive on the press.
From the way he is playing mentally, it's getting to him; he needs a summer off to get his enjoyment back, then I can see him turning it around.
I can't see him involved with England for the next while,e so it will give him a chance to get his mojo back.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I still believe in Rashford; he's playing like the weight of the world on his shoulders. He'll be back; I can remember Giggs going through a difficult time around the same age. We are a team in disarray, struggling to find our identity, and it hasn't helped rashford find his form. His decision making and his lack of ability to press and trackback are causing a big problem for the team. This is an area he needs to get up to speed on as all our manager's options are extensive on the press.
From the way he is playing mentally, it's getting to him; he needs a summer off to get his enjoyment back, then I can see him turning it around.
I can't see him involved with England for the next while,e so it will give him a chance to get his mojo back.
I dont remember giggs being half as shite as rashford ever. Sure a game or two but full seasons and years ? Never.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
If United want to win trophies of significance, the answer has always been no.

Mylock

I don't remember Giggs being half as shite as rashford ever. Sure, a game or two but full seasons and years? Never.
Giggs played with great players and a team full of leaders that helped him pull through; this team has very few leaders. Rashford form has been poor for the last 12 months, partially because he was playing while he was injured; he seems to have lost his confidence; when he gets back to what he's good at, then he'll be fine.

dave2528

What exactly are we expecting him to get back to?

He's been a regular going on 6 years now and even on his best day was never much of a creative force and never really showed a world class ability to read the options around him. Now that he's either lost the ability or the desire to create chances for himself, his inability to do anything else is really the icing on the shit cake.

I'm sorry but I have little sympathy for a player out of form who also refuses to put in a proper effort to make up for a rough patch.

Either put in 110% or go play for a club with the same lack of aspiration that you display.

Stig

At Crystal Palace or similar I would think should be his permanent place.

Robindinho

I'd rather Mata play over him at the minute... So there's your answer.

It says it all that he still doesn't warrant a starting spot when his competition is Elanga and Lingard. He'd struggle even to make the bench had we still got Martial/Greenwood.

Marcus

What is going on with Rashford, I ask myself? He seems to always lose the ball when trying to take his man on. Are his tricks too obvious? Is he trying to nutmeg the defender all the time? Someone needs to slow-mo his attempts. @GifLord?

Marcus

What if Rashford is hiding an injury and the operation was actually unsuccessful? Maybe he is no longer as flexible or there is some structural weakness in his body which prevents the execution of the same skills which made him more dangerous?

Son

I dont remember giggs being half as shite as rashford ever. Sure a game or two but full seasons and years ? Never.
Rashford was pretty good last few years tbf. He really looked to be kicking on before his injury and scored in big games for us up until the past 12 months.

Atheist

Giggs played with great players and a team full of leaders that helped him pull through; this team has very few leaders. Rashford form has been poor for the last 12 months, partially because he was playing while he was injured; he seems to have lost his confidence; when he gets back to what he's good at, then he'll be fine.
This confidence and injury excuse is only ever applied to Rashford and no other player in the squad when they’re struggling. If he’s lost his confidence for this long, then he’s not fit to be a starting player for Man Utd.

Son

If United want to win trophies of significance, the answer has always been no.
Our two biggest European cup victories recently came against PSG with Rashford scoring winners before his problems. He’s stepped up for us in the past so hasn’t always been the answer to say he isn’t good enough.

Things change though so we might need a re-think sadly.

hobbers

At Crystal Palace or similar I would think should be his permanent place.
On his form of the last 12 months he wouldnt even start for Palace.

Our two biggest European cup victories recently came against PSG with Rashford scoring winners before his problems. He’s stepped up for us in the past so hasn’t always been the answer to say he isn’t good enough.

Things change though so we might need a re-think sadly.
Our most embarrassing and impotent displays in Europe in the last 5 years or so have also all been while Rashford was on the pitch. The PSG game is more the anomaly.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
What is going on with Rashford, I ask myself? He seems to always lose the ball when trying to take his man on. Are his tricks too obvious? Is he trying to nutmeg the defender all the time? Someone needs to slow-mo his attempts. @GifLord?

Deery

Dreary
I don’t understand some of the things he does, running into 5 men, shooting from 35 yards, playing passes into defenders legs two yards infront.

He really is the definition of brainless.

git_united

Seems to me that he's only especially good at playing against a high line, scoring goals like the one against Leicester earlier this season. He's average in any other situation yet in forcing it ends up looking quite poor. Of course his shooting technique leads to good outcomes every now and then but even those are becoming more scarce.

He needs proper coaching, a complete re-imagining of his game.

hobbers

Painful highlights, definitely apt to say he looks like a fan on some kind of 'spend a day as a footballer' experience.

Except without any of the enjoyment obviously.

Jibbs

Seems to me that he's only especially good at playing against a high line, scoring goals like the one against Leicester earlier this season. He's average in any other situation yet in forcing it ends up looking quite poor. Of course his shooting technique leads to good outcomes every now and then but even those are becoming more scarce.

He needs proper coaching, a complete re-imagining of his game.
This. Needs to be sold. I wouldn’t mind selling both Rashford and Martial and if we can get players like Nkunku and Wirtz.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
He’s probably still coming back from injury, he’s certainly not back into form. I think he’ll come though it, you can’t sell him.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The fact we have to have this conversation, when Greenwood, Martial and Cavani aren't even in the picture really does say it all.
It's tragic isn't it ? He should thriving off all these opportunities to play and make himself undroppable. It's crazy how his situation has gotten worse with less competition

Daengophile

It's clear he's not going to find his mojo in the first team.

A spell of at least a month in the reserves will show where he truly sits

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I've lost some hope in him - and if he doesn't improve under the next manager then I do think he might struggle for time at United.

Whilst it's neither players fault - I feel Ronaldo doesn't go tactically with Rashford and Rashford doesn't go tactically with Ronaldo.

When you consider Sancho for example, he is more likely to get the best out of Ronaldo through passes whilst it being okay that he gets no passes in return.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I think there is only 2 approach to this:

1. Whenever he starts the game and feck up simply things more than 2 or 3 times, sub him out immediately, even if its only 15 mins into first half. That will teach him.

2. Simply bench him, only play him on last 20 mins when we are ahead and want to punish defenders on tired legs with pace, use him like we used to do with James. He might still do simple counter attack runs when he is unmarked and has all the space in front of him

lex talionis

For reasons we cannot fathom, Rashford has been appalled since his return from surgery. The path forward is to hard to say.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Ya predictable cuts from left to center and odd goals. He may go if he wants. Or not.. Whatever it won't make much difference. We going on and on with same discussion with this players every few months.

MichaelRed

That 2nd clip starting at 15 seconds blew my mind. Why does he think that is the time to put his head down and run? He just thinks "I know, I'll run into the space occupied by Pogba, Ronaldo & 5 Atleti defenders." then predictably runs straight into that mob and loses it immediately. He really is moronic as a footballer.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
I think there is only 2 approach to this:

1. Whenever he starts the game and feck up simply things more than 2 or 3 times, sub him out immediately, even if its only 15 mins into first half. That will teach him.

2. Simply bench him, only play him on last 20 mins when we are ahead and want to punish defenders on tired legs with pace, use him like we used to do with James. He might still do simple counter attack runs when he is unmarked and has all the space in front of him
Two problems.
1) complete waste of subs.
2) who you replace him with?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Remember at one point he is being compared with Mbappe.

Madness I know.

MichaelRed

I've lost some hope in him - and if he doesn't improve under the next manager then I do think he might struggle for time at United.

Whilst it's neither players fault - I feel Ronaldo doesn't go tactically with Rashford and Rashford doesn't go tactically with Ronaldo.

When you consider Sancho for example, he is more likely to get the best out of Ronaldo through passes whilst it being okay that he gets no passes in return.
Ronaldo has created like 4 goalscoring opportunities for Sancho though? Idk how you manage to fit a dig in at Ronaldo in a Rashford thread. That must be some disdain you've got for him.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Two problems.
1) complete waste of subs.
2) who you replace him with?
1) I know. But we still can't give him up totally can we. We've got to believe he will regain his form one day, even the chance is slim. De Gea is one good example. Although I have personally given him up by 70-80% already. One more season of shite form he is done for me.
2) I don't know, sometimes you do sub out the players who are tired/injured/out of form with fresh legs in. Elanga, Lingard should be ahead of him now, but they are not guarantee starters.

Bebestation

Ronaldo has created like 4 goalscoring opportunities for Sancho though? Idk how you manage to fit a dig in at Ronaldo in a Rashford thread. That must be some disdain you've got for him.
Why do you think I'm having a go at him? I never tried to do anything.

Rashford for me has proven to be a player that always needed hold up play from a central striker to play him in.

Do you know who else needed that? Ronaldo. Ronaldo needed Benzema and Rooney at his prime to hold up the ball and play passes in to him behind the line so Ronaldo can score. Rashford was called diet Ronaldo remember? - and even if that's not working out, playing with Ronaldo as a Central Striker is not going to get the best out of inverted forwards who are pure goalscorers.

Sancho is different, he is a creative aspect playing crosses and through balls which is much more suited to this version of Ronaldo, a central striker.

Why you got so hurt about this is very confusing?

MichaelRed

Why do you think I'm having a go at him? I never tried to do anything.

Rashford for me has proven to be a player that always needed hold up play from a central striker to play him in.

Do you know who else needed that? Ronaldo. Ronaldo needed Benzema and Rooney at his prime to hold up the ball and play passes in to him behind the line so Ronaldo can score. Rashford was called diet Ronaldo remember? - and even if that's not working out, playing with Ronaldo as a Central Striker is not going to get the best out of inverted forwards who are pure goalscorers.

Sancho is different, he is a creative aspect playing crosses and through balls which is much more suited to this version of Ronaldo, a central striker.

Why you got so hurt about this is very confusing?
What muppet called Rashford diet Ronaldo? You're also massively oversimplifying Ronaldo's playing career. You've avoided the point that when Sancho has played inverted from the left, Ronaldo has created several goalscoring opportunities for him which debunks your nonsense about him not being able to work with inverted wingers. Don't try act like you weren't having a dig at Ronaldo either, you post in almost every thread with negative essays on him, it's clear you can't stand him. Rashford could play with the greatest hold-up player in the history of the sport and he'd still be rubbish because Rashford has never been good.

Xk byno

Lord rashford will always play...
Besides we are the cos of his problems, by making him feel too important as a teen and overrating him at the process.
Calling him world class after one good season, Then we hike his weekly pay to 250k per week.
Really how much is harry kane on? After consistently showing class for Tottenham over the years? And why is it that some players are treated different from othersothers, especially martial. I can remember martial been this shit for over a year. Had it been that he's been played consistently like rashford he would have done better.
But still lord MBE rashford will always play.

Bebestation

What muppet called Rashford diet Ronaldo? You're also massively oversimplifying Ronaldo's playing career. You've avoided the point that when Sancho has played inverted from the left, Ronaldo has created several goalscoring opportunities for him which debunks your nonsense about him not being able to work with inverted wingers. Don't try act like you weren't having a dig at Ronaldo either, you post in almost every thread with negative essays on him, it's clear you can't stand him. Rashford could play with the greatest hold-up player in the history of the sport and he'd still be rubbish because Rashford has never been good.
No I'm not believing what you say.

I will believe my self you muppet.

If you cant see that Sancho tends to stay deeper and dribble with the passes he gets from Ronaldo whilst Rashford is someone who is better at making runs behind the defence, as people saw with passes he got from Martial etc then thats your understanding of tactics.

However do I say that Martial is better than Ronaldo? No!

Ronaldo is our current best forward or 2nd forward - so rather than trying to get the best out of Rashford or anyone else, we should try to get the best out of him!

And guess What! My theory works to support Ronaldo too - Rashford is more a goalscorer that many people regard as selfish and doesn't get the best out of Ronaldo as a central striker.

Now get lost, crying like a little baby.

I'd hate to reply to you again because I'm banning you, but if you do - shows me that you need me more than I need you.

Status
Not open for further replies.