Is there a place for Rashford as a regular starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShoePolish

His body language after squandering a chance or losing possession, when he just dips his head down and walks away without emotion, does make me wonder, if trying to be superman off the pitch is affecting his competitive edge or shall we say, sometimes being a cnut.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Hammondo

People comparing rashford to players who have not contributed nearly as much to their teams. Last season he was terrible and contributed a crap ton of goals and assists. Does that not warrant a chance to settle? He is far and away a critical problem in this team.
He is part of our biggest problems.

stw2022

He’s starting to morph into Lingard mk. 2 with his potential.
Yep. There’s almost an admirable suspension of disbelief on behalf of those who can watch Rashford see they don’t see a player a million miles away from being an elite level footballer.

The basics don’t need work, in the main they don’t exist. He’s spectacularly one dimensional both in terms of what he can do and from what position. So ridiculous is the defence of him these days the fact playing from the right rather than the left is enough to have him play like he has his balls in a vice whilst also pretending he isn’t hugely limited as a talent is something most of us just accept now without really questioning how absurd such a reality is

He’s just a kid with 300 senior games under his belt who’s a great player as long as he’s asked to do just one thing and only then if played in one specific position, who can’t be expected to defend, time his runs or look arsed and any criticism is anti-children because he’s in the Aldi Christmas ad (or something)

Last edited:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I still don’t know much about what kind of pair of forwards rangnick wants and expects. However, Based on RB Leipzig, Werner can be similar to Rashford but Poulsen doesn’t play like Ronaldo. Poulsen is more target man. His job was to hold the ball, create space for his partner (Werner), and nick in the ball to his partner with his aerial duel presence. Ronaldo’s role is more a poacher. He doesn’t suit to hold the ball or target man role. I think Cavani or Greenwood is more suitable to play next to Rashford or Ronaldo since Cavani can play the target man while Greenwood is better in hold the ball than rashford and Ronaldo imo. While Ronaldo at his age is better attacking in space that created by Cavani or Greenwood.

When Rangnick mentioned lack of physical vs Norwich, may be he was talking about his forwards unable to hold the ball. We lost the ball too much vs Norwich when we managed to play the ball to our forwards. Everytime we gave the forwards the ball, Norwich defenders were easily took them away by giving a nudge on the back.

Frank White

Yep. There’s almost an admirable suspension of disbelief on behalf of those who can watch Rashford see they don’t see a player a million miles away from being an elite level footballer.

The basics don’t need work, in the main they don’t exist. He’s spectacularly one dimensional both in terms of what he can do and from what position. So ridiculous is the defence of him these days the fact playing from the right rather than the left is enough to have him play like he has his balls in a vice whilst also pretending he isn’t hugely limited as a talent is something most of us just accept now without really questioning how absurd such a reality is

He’s just a kid with 300 senior games under his belt who’s a great player as long as he’s asked to do just one thing and only then if played in one specific position, who can’t be expected to defend, time his runs or look arsed and any criticism is anti-children because he’s in the Aldi Christmas ad (or something)
Genuine question is Rashford the only player you don't rate in this team or he's the sole reason United aren't top of the league or something? Just had a look over your post history and you literally only post negatively about Rashford... or covid. Find it hard to believe that someone i assume watches United has no issues with any other player over the last couple of months seems pretty personal, did Marcus shit in your frosties?

::sonny::

I’ve seen this hundreds of time

Great young players that at one point stop to grow and became average/good player at end of the development

RUCK4444

Gotta love how people put two and two together about him being involved politically outside of football is making play poorly.

I think what he’s done is brilliant off the pitch but it involves little more than tweeting and putting visible pressure through social media on politicians. He’s not skipping training to go on a political march ffs. :lol:

He's achieved all he can in that respect and it’s been largely successful and has gone his way, so he’s not sat up all night panicking about political campaigns. People need to drop that boll@x. He’s just out of form.

el3mel

His body language after squandering a chance or losing possession, when he just dips his head down and walks away without emotion, does make me wonder, if trying to be superman off the pitch is affecting his competitive edge or shall we say, sometimes being a cnut.
That's my biggest disappointment with him. When he first emerged on the scene, his work rate was superb, he always ran his socks off. Since 2018 or something, his work rate started to go down hill. He has become a lazy player on the pitch that barely even shares in defensive duties.

talking robot

Depending on who we can get as a replacement, I wouldn't be devastated to see him leave. He's been poor for a long while now, and I'm not sure he's good enough to be a regular starter. Seems more suited for a bench role and starts in the cups, but not to be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I'd love to see Rashford play his game in a Xavi system (make Barcelona suffer even more) and not be getting annoyed he's constantly losing the ball for us.

All of that is academic though - we won't sell and probably give him 300k/week to stay.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
His attitude is disgraceful.
Really? I’m not sure we would be getting in the Newcastle half without him right now. He’s one of our few attack-minded players willing to really run. Our whole attack is otherwise so lazy.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Really? I’m not sure we would be getting in the Newcastle half without him right now. He’s one of our few attack-minded players willing to really run. Our whole attack is otherwise so lazy.
What? He is our laziest player ffs. Without the ball he just jogs around

AndySmith1990

Not bothered about what he's done in the past, how he came from our academy, or how many school dinners he's bought. Currently he's an abysmal footballer and doesn't deserve to be starting. Simple as.

Greck

In direct counterattack absolutely. Guy can run and shoot. For anything else has a boatload to learn to be a starting forward.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
As i keep saying; Ole fecked him up by trying to make from him new Ronaldo. Few years ago, Rashford was a winger who played simple on his strength; pace. And i loved that Rashford. I thought he will become best lw in PL. He was direct, without wasting time on the ball and his attitude was great. Also, without ball he tried to go in channels and played defence.
Then he started to play like Messi/Ronaldo/Neymar. Standing still, waiting on ball in his feet and then trying to dribble past few players. In defence he makes few sprints then and there and that is it.
This Rashford is not a shadow of Rashford few seasons ago. I know that last year he scored decent amount of goals but in most of these games his performance was bad but goals bailed him out.

He must change attitude and return to basics. And then he will be again important first team player

Ixion

I will take the forward getting on the ball and fecking up over ones being completely invisible. If someone is getting opportunities and messing it up they're doing something right compared to the ones not getting any chances or time on the ball.

wolvored

If Barca want him and offer anything over £50 mill we should snap their hand off. Rashford hit his ceiling 2 years ago and is getting progressively worse. There is nothing in his game to say he is going to get any better.

AndySmith1990

I will take the forward getting on the ball and fecking up over ones being completely invisible. If someone is getting opportunities and messing it up they're doing something right compared to the ones not getting any chances or time on the ball.
We shouldn't be tolerating either tbh.

MDFC Manager

Part of Ole's legacy - completely falling to develop Rashford and in fact aiding his regression.

Then he started to play like Messi/Ronaldo/Neymar. Standing still, waiting on ball in his feet and then trying to dribble past few players.
What?

Virtually all of his goals in the last year or so have been identical - running onto the ball with that angled run behind the defence. The exact opposite of this.

Ogaranya

His problem is all about attitude,
He feels like he is undroppable and cannot be controlled by any manager,
Do you expect anything from an mbe with huge salary and our future British prime minister

Dear Conte would have sorted this squad out
Oh no! His teams play a boring football, can't you see how attractive we play

Jackal981

If Barca want him and offer anything over £50 mill we should snap their hand off. Rashford hit his ceiling 2 years ago and is getting progressively worse. There is nothing in his game to say he is going to get any better.
A direct swap with De Jong would be amazing for us.

eire-red

Why does he rarely play LW anymore? It's his best position by a country mile. We could have set up to have him run at Kraft all game, with Telles on the overlap. Starting him on the right side of attack should be a stackable offence, he has never offered anything from there. Ole used to do it to shoehorn Pogba in LW, and now Rangick is starting him as right attacking mid in a 4222?

I don't get it, honestly. And it absolutely infuriates me. Can we just play a 433 with Bruno dropping deeper into the advanced 8. Rashford is still our best option from LW, and Sancho or Greenwood from the right and Cavani up top. That's our best team for me. I'm sick of watching our players played out of position.

It's hard enough to play yourself back into form, but Rashford is not going to do it playing up front beside Ronaldo, or right attacking mid. He's not 21 anymore and we're not figuring out his best position. He's scored 20+ goals in back to back seasons playing left wing, bloody play him there.

What’s happened to this guy? You were supposed to be the chosen one!! You were meant to destroy the dark side not join them!

mancsarered

Only thing that can be defended from this lad now is his free lunch program. His football is awful, and his attitude isn't much better. Another diva.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
He won't get place in championship club currently but here is. The MBE.

PoTMS

No. He should be sold while his stock is still relatively high. I'm sure Barcelona would give us £100m.

Status
Not open for further replies.