Is there a place for Rashford as a regular starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelRed

No I'm not believing what you say.

I will believe my self you muppet.

If you cant see that Sancho tends to stay deeper and dribble with the passes he gets from Ronaldo whilst Rashford is someone who is better at making runs behind the defence, as people saw with passes he got from Martial etc then thats your understanding of tactics.

However do I say that Martial is better than Ronaldo? No!

Ronaldo is our current best forward or 2nd forward - so rather than trying to get the best out of Rashford or anyone else, we should try to get the best out of him!

And guess What! My theory works to support Ronaldo too - Rashford is more a goalscorer that many people regard as selfish and doesn't get the best out of Ronaldo as a central striker.

Now get lost, crying like a little baby.

I'd hate to reply to you again because I'm banning you, but if you do - shows me that you need me more than I need you.
:lol:

hobbers

He’s probably still coming back from injury, he’s certainly not back into form. I think he’ll come though it, you can’t sell him.
No, he's not still coming back from injury. He was back in full training 5 months ago after a 3 month lay-off.

captain666

Seems to have lost any enthusiasm for football,use him from the bench if necessary but no more starts ahead of Elanga.

stw2022

Fergie would have bounced him from the club the second he looked like he no longer gave a shit.

“Ah the boy has a lot on his mind. You can criticise him for not tracking back but how’s a player supposed to concentrate with geopolitical affairs?”

Keane alone would make mincemeat out of him. But we’re firmly in the era of “If he’s playing badly it means he’s still injured” that a few of us saw coming a mile off

stw2022

The clip at 21 sec is so frustrating. Brain dead player.
Telling thing for me is how almost every other player just stopped when he got on the ball, as if they knew.

“Lads, it’s Rashford”

Beans

Supports
Neutral
No, he's not still coming back from injury. He was back in full training 5 months ago after a 3 month lay-off.
Back injuries can be very touchy. I think people are forgetting how good for us he was last season.

Thiagoal

If Tony Martial and the one who shan’t be named were still available then he wouldn’t even make the squad never mind the starting eleven. Hopeless player

Flexdegea

He's killing me. I hate slabbering about him but his head no where near the pitch. Confidence is totally shot.

I suspect he be a name Ralf be putting forward with the rest

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Back injuries can be very touchy. I think people are forgetting how good for us he was last season.
He has been shite since the 2nd half of last season though. They blame it all on injuries he has been carrying for months.

BigRon1985

I really like Rashford but he needs to decide if he wants to be a professional footballer or not.

If he can't raise his game for the knock out stages for the Champions League for his boyhood club then I despair!

His form has literally dropped off a cliff - thank God we have Elanga.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I really like Rashford but he needs to decide if he wants to be a professional footballer or not.

If he can't raise his game for the knock out stages for the Champions League for his boyhood club then I despair!

His form has literally dropped off a cliff - thank God we have Elanga.
What worries me is I don't think sitting him on the bench will force him to fight and bring out a fire, he will more than likely just sulk and leak information..

captaincantona

He is a shell of what he was and what I expected him to become. Not only poor technically but lack of determination and responsibility.

In a CL knockout game it’s very much 11 v 11. Your 11 players need to turn up. Playing with him is like playing a front two with ten men. It’s suicide.

Chelskiing

Supports
Chelsea
for those saying it's about injury... from what I saw yesterday it didn't seem to be a lack of mobility or speed etc, it was more like terrible decision making.

Pughnichi

What if Rashford is hiding an injury and the operation was actually unsuccessful? Maybe he is no longer as flexible or there is some structural weakness in his body which prevents the execution of the same skills which made him more dangerous?
then it’s not just his football IQ that’s low and he’s even more of an imbecile

I'm a beautiful thing

I like the lad, always have liked local lads coming through but it's better for him and us if he moves elsewhere in the summer

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Developing into a fringe player. So mich wrong with him but if you look at his friends, no wonder

Foxbatt

He never was a decent passer. All he did was use his pace and his right foot. Now he can't even win a foot race against most defenders.
He should be dropped.

mikeyt

If he wasn't British we'd be doing a Tony on him and getting him moved on.

I've always liked Rashford but I've never felt he's world class or would become world class because he has never appeared to be intelligent on the pitch.

He's definitely not a regular anymore and I'd much rather see the likes of Elanga and Mejibri be given chances. At the end of the season the new gaffer can look at Rashford amongst others and decide if they should stay around.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
This is what happens when a promising young player is left for years playing top level football without any proper footballing education. His decision making is atrocious at times. Feels like he just relies on instinct and pace.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The downfall has been scary.
I could be wrong but I always have this thing in my mind that it all started after he stopped trying to beat his man and became more of a playmaker. That was under Ole after he came back from an injury I think. From that point onwards you rarely see a Rashford that tries to replicate Ronaldo (beating his man, shooting from outside the box with good technique to make the ball bounce) but instead he was afraid of taking risk. More overthinking and less actions.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
I would say he at least gave it his all last night chasing down every ball.

But really he just has no idea what to do with it when he has the ball, he either holds onto it too long, panics and passes or shoots to quickly runs into a dead end.

I often wonder what might have been if we hadn’t sacked Van Gaal and our your players atcually had a manger who could develop players. What kind of player would Rashford of been then? Think it’s too late for him now though he isn’t a young player any more.

mctrials23

Hes like too many of our players. Only effective when the situation and game suits them. As soon as the going gets tough they don't know what to do because their game doesn't have good fundamentals and they don't adapt.

You could see that all the AM players worked their asses off yesterday and their movement and passing was almost perfect. One-twos at pace, receiving the ball under pressure wasn't an issue and they moved as a unit to stifle us.

Rashford ran into dead ends so many times and made poor passes because he doesn't look up. He start running, beats a man and then thinks "now what". You can't do that in a packed defence because the next defender is on top of you. He puts in crosses without looking at who is actually in the box and where they are.

I personally wouldn't be offering him anything other than a massive pay cut right now with an incentives/performance based bonus to bump it up.

hobbers

He was terrible last season from Christmas onwards when he got injured.

But it wasn’t really a back injury, it was his shoulder and it was a muscular tear.

Eplel

His (and Martial's) behaviour on the pitch really pisses me off, and shows how mentally weak they are to have a leading role in the team.

Forlan had a much harder time at United but never gave up and always gave 100%, they need to learn the lesson from his success.

wolvored

We should look to sell him while there may be some faint interest in him. We wont get big money, but if someone offered £30 mill+ I would snap their hand off.
Hes playing the same crap football for months now and he was supposed to get better after his op. If anything hes gotten worse. A limited player whos attribute is speed, but needs too many chances to score a goal.
Maybe for himself a new challenge is needed and might fire him up.

Maticmaker

If he can recapture his old self, then yes, but currently Marcus on the pitch is no use to anybody, including himself! As Scholsey commented last night, Marcus is looking too much for the 'magical moment' e.g. to beat, three men and then score, etc.

IMO, delaying the treatment last year is a lot to do with it; don't know whether it was Marcus himself hanging on hoping to secure his Euro place, or Ole not wanting to lose him during the season. but the delay in attending to his injuries, drained the tank, he simply wasn't fit enough to be the 'full monty' Marcus Rashford out on the pitch and... perhaps worse still he knew it,... his confidence ebbed and of course the penalty fiasco for England and the aftermath, also drove him deeper into his self.

Marcus now looks like a haunted man, when he takes the pitch he looks like he might have to face a firing squad!
The lad needs help, and perhaps with all DoF, Technical Manager's, Managers and Consultants we have, then somebody can see that and get him the help he needs.

honirelandboy

Hit the weights too much, same happened Torres at Chelsea. Too Bulky.

You don't see Salah, Mane, Mahrez, Sterling with the same muscle mass.

Rashford relied on his mobility and agility.

cathari

Hit the weights too much, same happened Torres at Chelsea. Too Bulky.

You don't see Salah, Mane, Mahrez, Sterling with the same muscle mass.
Mate, have you seen Salah up close? Although Rashford is taller, Salah is much bigger in muscle mass.

Rashford for me resembles Mané more.

Last edited:

arnie_ni

What if Rashford is hiding an injury and the operation was actually unsuccessful? Maybe he is no longer as flexible or there is some structural weakness in his body which prevents the execution of the same skills which made him more dangerous?
Doesn't stop him from putting a bit of effort in.

arnie_ni

Why do you think I'm having a go at him? I never tried to do anything.

Rashford for me has proven to be a player that always needed hold up play from a central striker to play him in.

Do you know who else needed that? Ronaldo. Ronaldo needed Benzema and Rooney at his prime to hold up the ball and play passes in to him behind the line so Ronaldo can score. Rashford was called diet Ronaldo remember? - and even if that's not working out, playing with Ronaldo as a Central Striker is not going to get the best out of inverted forwards who are pure goalscorers.

Sancho is different, he is a creative aspect playing crosses and through balls which is much more suited to this version of Ronaldo, a central striker.

Why you got so hurt about this is very confusing?
He was as bad before Ronaldo came, stop trying to lay the blame elsewhere.

Giggsy13

A manager like Ole was the worst thing for Rashford. His development plateaued under Ole who couldn’t offer anything more to his game other than to go out there and shoot! The lack of real tactics under a proper manager has hurt him. Hopefully Rangnick can help in the short-term, there’s still a good player in Rashford just need to ride out this shit run of form.

UpWithRivers

This is what happens when you dont nurture young players. The way Rashford plays now is how he played as a kid. Same as Greenwood, Martial, same as all of them really. There doesnt seem to be the coaching to iron out their weaknesses and take them to the next level of development. Consequences of United being sht. You could say this about the players we bought as well. They all stagnate. Just a matter of when not if

Marcus

Doesn't stop him from putting a bit of effort in.
Agree about the effort being an issue the previous games he appeared. Today, the effort was there, but there was sadly no proper application at all.

lex talionis

All promising young players, or at least most, hit a wall early in their career. The best break through that wall. Whether Rashford can break through that remains to be seen, but what’s clear now is that Ralf needs to back off using Rashford through the end of the season. Whatever it is, physically or mentally, playing through his poor form isn’t working.

Status
Not open for further replies.