Is there a place for Rashford as a regular starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaviboy

Reminds me of the old Space Jam movie where all the NBA players lost their ability to play Basketball.

Looks like this has happend to Rashford playing football. Just suddenly lost all ability/attributes to play football at top level. No touch, control, awareness, decision making all gone.

Poor kid.

Judas

Open to offers
starting to wonder if he’s just hit his ceiling and the early promise was simply just the that. I can’t get over how he’s looked since coming back from surgery. It’s a quite sad to watch.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
starting to wonder if he’s just hit his ceiling and the early promise was simply just the that. I can’t get over how he’s looked since coming back from surgery. It’s a quite sad to watch.
He has been shit way before that. Probably down to mentality/psychology but he is at best a mediocre player at best

yamo123x

Its all to do with his massive ego and undeniable levels of arrogance.

He is sulking and not trying, despite his war cry at the end of last season about being a local lad and giving everything for the club....

Whether he wants to be here or not he is only damaging his brand at the minute and his world cup hopes,

Foxbatt

Its all to do with his massive ego and undeniable levels of arrogance.

He is sulking and not trying, despite his war cry at the end of last season about being a local lad and giving everything for the club....

Whether he wants to be here or not he is only damaging his brand at the minute and his world cup hopes,
Someone needs to knock some sense into him.

jem

He's been absolute and utter shite this season. That moment against Atletico in the 55th minute where he hit that ridiculous shot from 30 yards out summed him up. Zero awareness (both of self and others) and not enough talent to pull off the feats he fancies himself to pull off.

jem

He has been shit way before that. Probably down to mentality/psychology but he is at best a mediocre player at best
Yeah if we're being honest, he's been very mediocre since the summer 2020. There have been moments, particularly in the first half of 2020-21, but on the whole, he's been extremely disappointing.

Ollie Derbyshire

Not at the minute no, has to be Sancho and Elanga as the wide forwards. We do need him to re find his form though next season otherwise I’d vote to see him.

mctrials23

He's been absolute and utter shite this season. That moment against Atletico in the 55th minute where he hit that ridiculous shot from 30 yards out summed him up. Zero awareness (both of self and others) and not enough talent to pull off the feats he fancies himself to pull off.
This is the bit that gets me. I can handle out of form players but when they are clearly prioritising themselves over the team they can feck off.

Nani was awful for this as well. When he was having a bad game he wouldn't accept it and put the team first, he would double down and keep hitting 30 yards shots, dribbling into players and generally being so bad that he was a massive detriment to the team.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Very proud of Rashford and all his social commitments. He is going through a terrible slump at the moment and he seems to have lost the powers of correct decision-making. I think he trusts himself to get it right but it's making him come across as arrogant. I hope he finds his form soon and we protect him and keep him in the subs bench and bring him out as an impact sub till he gets his bearings right. I think he has done incredible things in his young career not just in taking on governments but also football-wise, but I would give him one advice in that he is never going to be liked by everyone and he doesn't have to fight the battle in the social media for every other criticism.

Hope Rashford is back soon, at his best.

r1z3mu

As of now he should be on the bench. Later if he can get back to his best - yes, he should be starter. Not sure why he is being picked by Ralf

SoCross

Wasn’t he one of our best players prior to this injury though? Night and day in performance, he was a genuine match winner before that.

Definitely starts on the bench. Such a shame MG became a grade A twunt.

Drz

Totally confused about his form lately. He looks no where close to what I'd have imagined being his best version on the pitch.
For me the best version/performance that i hoped would serve as a benchmark was his sub appearance vs Nagelmann's Leipzig.
In that game, felt he was a handful to the opposition, he was accurate, fast but so was his decision making, showed intent every time he got the ball and mostly an energy on and off that I don't think I've seen him replicate since.
I think he will still get opportunities to maybe work things out, but can't complain about being benched.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
If everyone was available he'd be an impact sub with everything to prove.

jamesjimmybyrondean

He should just do the basics, he keeps trying to be complex. If he starts passing the ball instead of trying to dribble the whole team and continues making those runs behind the opponents defense, he'd at least be better than what we are seeing

jem

This is the bit that gets me. I can handle out of form players but when they are clearly prioritising themselves over the team they can feck off.

Nani was awful for this as well. When he was having a bad game he wouldn't accept it and put the team first, he would double down and keep hitting 30 yards shots, dribbling into players and generally being so bad that he was a massive detriment to the team.
And at least Nani played the occasional blinder. I can't remember the last good game for Rashford - maybe early 2021?

plasticpadyy89

I've rated him for so long but am I crazy thinking he's just become another slightly more talented Theo walcott.

GoldanoGraham

As of now he should be on the bench. Later if he can get back to his best - yes, he should be starter. Not sure why he is being picked by Ralf
Agreed - right now he is heading in the Dele Alli direction - he has lost his way - however there is a great player in there - really don’t think he has benefited from having the presence of Ronaldo around - think it’s made him behave differently on the pitch and unfortunately not positively.

it’s all in his head.

-Supreme-

Man Utd boss Ralf Rangnick tells Marcus Rashford to learn from team-mate in private talks

He is definitely not injured. He definitely has no issues with his shoulder any more," Rangnick said of the Mancunian.

"We have spoken a lot about Marcus in the last couple of weeks and I have personally spoken a lot with him. It's with him like with all the other players, when it counts and they are on the pitch, they just have to perform and I am pretty sure he is not happy with his performances right now.

"Is he not happy? I don't see any reason why he should not be happy? Our results have been good in the last couple of weeks and months.

"Right now he is trying to find his best possible shape and performance, and we just try to give him helping hands with everything we can. We show him video footage and we speak with him regularly.

"In training he is in top form. That is why I decided to play him (in Madrid). Now it’s about having that transformation from training performance to the competition in the league - and this is the next step he has to take."

He added: "We had a very similar situation, if I remember, with Jadon six or seven weeks ago.

"He is the best example of what can happen, again it’s the player himself who has to perform and get the best out of his own performance - and this is the same with Marcus."
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...ngnick-Marcus-Rashford-Watford-Premier-League

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
His loss of form is a serious worry. It's just gone on so long now. He's got the odd goal...which was welcome, but they've come in games that I've not overly rated the rest of his performance.

I love Rashford when he's on it...but he seems to have lost his way in a big big way.

Jacob

We saw this coming from a mile away when Sancho was signed. Despite the fact that Greenwood is gone, he's still not good enough to displace Elanga convincingly.

I honestly think it would be a statement by EtH to let Rashford go.

Hammondo

We saw this coming from a mile away when Sancho was signed. Despite the fact that Greenwood is gone, he's still not good enough to displace Elanga convincingly.

I honestly think it would be a statement by EtH to let Rashford go.
Let him go where?

ForeverRed1

Next season will be the deal breaker. Let’s see if the likes of pogba and lingard leaving makes a difference. Proper coaching, mentality monsters around him, there’s every reason he can be a success for us. Hopefully his decision making can be improved upon and just generally getting him smiling and enjoying his football again.

If it’s the same next season he has to go I feel. Last chance saloon.

slored1

I have a feeling he is the main source behind the leaks. Should leave as soon as possible in my opinion.

Tap

There is a place for him on the bench or at another club.

el3mel

We're entering the season actually thinking playing with the likes of Rashford, Sancho and Martial regularly will get us enough goals to finish top 4.

Crazy shit.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We really are the definition of insanity as a football club.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Shambolic. Space jam on steroids type of fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.