Is there any way back?

DickDastardly

Look at leceister, they have been mid table for awhile after winning the league and what did they do to turn things around?

They hired the right manager with a good Philosophy. It is really that simple. United fans and board make it look like rocket science but if we hire the right manager, we will get back on top of Europe.

Pochettino is the answer and that will solve almost everything that is wrong at United. Proper Recruitment And structure will follow with the right man coaching our players to play proper football.
Honestly, i'd give it a go.

Give it to the end of the season (what's there to lose) to Ole, and start planning long term.

Start with luring Edwin Van Der Sar back to United.

Appoint Poch.
Give him the financial backing and hope for the best.

OverratedOpinion

Yeah course, get a good director of football and a good quality manager on the ascendancy and don't put too much pressure on things for a couple of years and we will be fine. Ole is actually doing some good work for the next manager in the meantime which is a completely unexpected bonus.

Jericholyte2

I don’t see how.

Today showed the players are fighting and working their bollocks off, they’re just not close to the quality we need.

All the issues are above - Ole, recruitment, chairman, anyone related to the actual running of the club is a joke.

El Zoido

This season is alright to you?
I’m not happy at all, but I really do think this will come together - if - and it’s a big if, we buy well during this and the next transfer window. But I’m nowhere near as panicky as other people here. I don’t think Ole will take us all the way, but we’re getting there, I truly believe it.

Pughnichi

Knee jerk. Liverpool are levels above us but we at least appear to be creating the right dressing room. Maguire already club captain. Fernandes, club captain. AWB will continue to be rock solid. James a future brilliant impact sub. Sprinkled with Williams, Greenwood and hopefully Garner and Tuanzebe. Add to that Rashford, McTominay and a much improved Fred. OGS at least seems to be building his team albeit with a few dregs left from previous management.

Truth be told, the rot was setting in prior to the great man himself. Restricted with spend he handed over a defence that included Rio, Vidic and Evra who were all edging towards the door. Rooney who he probably would have gotten rid of had he continued for another season. Giggs and Scholes to retired/soon to retire. I acknowledge we won the league that same year but it just shows the magnificence the man. It has to be said the EPL was pretty weak at that time with competition going through rebuilds themselves.

where we are now is a long time in the making and has/will take some time to restore previous glory yet.

I actually think OGS would make a better DOF for us because I am onboard with what he is doing to the dressing room. I’m just not convinced we are seeing a style of play develop.

Castia

I can’t see it with these owners, we’re that far behind City and Liverpool its scary.

We need 6 top quality players and a top level manager and even then we’d probably be struggling.

Andersonson

We were playing the best Liverpool side in 30 years who are about to win the league with most points ever.

The game could've been 1-1 but we lose 2-0. We're one of the clubs who has actually taken a point from them and we have the youngest squad in the league. Yet, some say we are the are on the brink of obstruction with no plan and heading for the buttom... When the truth is actual progress and signs of players really progressing.

We missed two of our best players in Pogba and Rashford and with our squad we still gave them a very good fight.... Yet the manager is inept and clueless...

I guess its true what they say, that United fans are mostly clueless about football

Cypherage

Think it will be a good few years before United might see/hold a PL title, fact is as long as United generates enough money for the Glazers what need do they have to sell? fans are not really going to do much about it, the stadium's number are never going to decline any time soon, Brand United is strong.

And that's all that matters, as long as they can get backsides in seats(even if they are just tourists and what not) then they are still making money, it is sickening to see the decline of the club in such a way, but there we are, I think a lot of fans have come to accept the fact that United are now average at best(literally).

We use to make fun of Liverpool for not winning a domestic title in 30 years, well the way it is going, it can easily happen to United, anyone that doubt's that is fooling them self.

Member 101269

The players on the pitch played for ole and the club; the quality isn't there because of issues ole can do nothing about..

mu4c_20le

I can’t see it with these owners, we’re that far behind City and Liverpool its scary.

We need 6 top quality players and a top level manager and even then we’d probably be struggling.
Only took Klopp 2-3 seasons to turn them from a joke to CL winners, and that's without lavish spending like we can afford to.

Member 101269

we're still in the top 4 fight.. match Chelsea in most games for points; then they'll lose to Liverpool and we'll beat them at ours..

ranxerox

Need better leadership from the board and a much more coherent transfer strategy.

Castia

Only took Klopp 2-3 seasons to turn them from a joke to CL winners, and that's without lavish spending like we can afford to.
That’s why I said top level manager because he can coach players like Matip, Milner, Wijnaldum, and Henderson and have them competing on all fronts.

Can you imagine those 4 players under Ole?

Jinn

The biggest problem at this club are the owners.
Nothing will change until they go. Failing that we should spend every last cent that we can squeeze out of them, even if it means massively overspending on players.
Some of us are woke aswell

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Clueless from top to bottom. I'm absolutely devastated about horrible mismanagement of Marcus Rashford, McTominay.

Results are shocking.

We badly need players but we probably won't even sign anyone this window, try to pull wool over everyone's eyes by saying Sporting doubled the fee. No value in the market line is getting spun again.

Whole club needs gutted. I'd honestly take relegation if the current owners and manager fecked off and replaced by someone who had best interests of the club.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Honestly, i'd give it a go.

Give it to the end of the season (what's there to lose) to Ole, and start planning long term.

Start with luring Edwin Van Der Sar back to United.

Appoint Poch.
Give him the financial backing and hope for the best.
That is the right mentality to have. Pochettino is in the top three managers in football today with only Klopp and Pep who could claim to be better. His philosophy is not aging and in fact, the way Liverpool played against us, some can claim that Poch introduced such aggressive pressing, 100mph football to the premier league. His player recruitment and management is what United need and will transform us the way he transformed Spurs and the way Klopp transformed Liverpool.

Olecan have the end of the season like Van Gaal, but in the end, Pochettino should be our new manager next season regardless of whether he wins the fa cup or Europa league, which seems very unlikely at the moment.

Steven-UK

Our fans and owners are happy with mediocrity, so until either of those things changes.. no.
Not us, we have had a season tickets for over a decade and will not be renewing at the end of this year.

Everything about this club, from top to bottom is putrid at the moment, and a lot of the fans on this forum, and elsewhere are living in pure cuckoo land over the ability of some of our players.

We'll now let somebody else take our seats (which are fantastic seats by the way) and pay £3,000 (approx) a year to watch Lingard, Jones, and the rest of the dross. They'll be welcome to them.

Reactions: esmufc07

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
It's hard to see an easy way back. It's been seven years. Soon it'll be 10. How long until it's 15 or 20.

So many things would have to change, so much would have to revert to square one, the idea it could happen quickly seems crazy.

We are well and truly in the wilderness.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
They're 30 points ahead of us in January and you are quite confident that if we nail a couple of signings that we will catch and surpass them anytime soon? Not one player on our side would get in to theirs (Pogba would when fit but he'll likely be gone in the summer) and our manager is many, many rungs below Liverpool's (below most managers in the league in fact). We're a mess, run by people who partially don't have a clue and partially don't give a shit. If we get taken over by the Saudi's I'm honestly done with United but without a change of ownership and culture we are going nowhere fast.
Think some people forget that Liverpool are very well coached, we can buy whoever we want, but if the coaching isn't up to standards it will mean nothing.

AaronRedDevil

We lost to the champions of europe in their own ground, and we've no Rashford or Pogba, while they've everyone. They've only beaten United twice in 11 games. Fecking calm yourselves will ya.

Jinn

Did I say one
They're 30 points ahead of us in January and you are quite confident that if we nail a couple of signings that we will catch and surpass them anytime soon? Not one player on our side would get in to theirs (Pogba would when fit but he'll likely be gone in the summer) and our manager is many, many rungs below Liverpool's (below most managers in the league in fact). We're a mess, run by people who partially don't have a clue and partially don't give a shit. If we get taken over by the Saudi's I'm honestly done with United but without a change of ownership and culture we are going nowhere fast.
[/QUOTE
Did I say one or two players only. Anyway stop acting like a 10yr old drama queen everytime somebodyposts an opinion.
Liverpool where miles away from winning the league just a few years ago. Nothing is impossible. Mate.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
The players on the pitch played for ole and the club; the quality isn't there because of issues ole can do nothing about..
Yes he can.
Have you never heard of player coaching and player improvement.
None of our players are the finished product.
They all have at least 10% improvement capacity.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
This season is alright to you?
Was always going to be a tough season. One step back to take a step forward. If people were able to accept that it would stop all of this melodrama after every single match

Santoryo

ripping the reward
For feck sakes we lost to the league leaders and have a slew of injuries. Does everything always have to be dramatic with some of you lots?

RUCK4444

I think it's time to wake up and smell the coffee. We won't get out of this shit for quite some time.
Hopefully this penny will drop with the rest of this forum.

Where we are right now takes a shit tonne of work to get back from.

Swapping manager and pissing away what little money we now spend each summer is what got us here and certainly won’t fix it.

Ole at the very least is assembling a young squad with talent, we weren’t slaughtered today.
Two best players out as well.

We are four top class signings and an improvement in coaching away from looking a different prospect.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Yes he can.
Many of our players are playing better than they were last season.

Member 90887

We lost to the champions of europe in their own ground, and we've no Rashford or Pogba, while they've everyone. They've only beaten United twice in 11 games. Fecking calm yourselves will ya.
And no Scott which was one of our best players. People love to moan in here. You'd think we're getting relegated.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Hopefully this penny will drop with the rest of this forum.

Where we are right now takes a shit tonne of work to get back from.

Swapping manager and pissing away what little money we now spend each summer is what got us here and certainly won’t fix it.

Ole at the very least is assembling a young squad with talent, we weren’t slaughtered today.
Two best players out as well.

We are four top class signings and an improvement in coaching away from looking a different prospect.
See? The bullshit Ole spewed about City respecting us because they played their first team spreads very fast. He's like a fecking Goebbels.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yes he can.
[/QUOTE I would love to know how he has spent £130m on defenders and has somehow managed to make them terrible.

SER19

We might be in top 4 this time next month. Chelsea play arsenal Leicester us and spurs.

Season is better than last in many ways. People have lost sight of how far back we're coming from