Is this next season's home kit for United?

decorativeed

They are alright but I'm sick of this template that adidas has been using for quite a few seasons now. They are getting really lazy with their designs. Not a fan of the shorter adidas stripes.
They are short now because of the rules about competition patches and sponsors logos.

Snafu17

Is this a first? Usually the leaks are spot on aren't they? So for the actual kit to leak this late in the day and be completely different to what we all lead to believe would be the kit is a first no?
The first "leaks" were apparently always just fan mock-ups based on a pattern from a leaked picture of next season's promotional Manchester United football.

izec

Where is the olive green kit? Hope they release it as a third kit, thought it would be our away shirt

Nick7

Where is the olive green kit? Hope they release it as a third kit, thought it would be our away shirt
That dark one is the “green” kit. It’s not olive.

Is this a first? Usually the leaks are spot on aren't they? So for the actual kit to leak this late in the day and be completely different to what we all lead to believe would be the kit is a first no?
This is the first leak. The earlier ones were mockups based off a leaked ball.

RedDevil@84

The first "leaks" were apparently always just fan mock-ups based on a pattern from a leaked picture of next season's promotional Manchester United football.
So looks like the replica jersey makers in China wasted their time making the 20/21 jerseys in the leaked format.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
That's not Adidas' fault, they're not allowed to since the shirt sleeve sponsors came in. Before that it was the PL badge etc.
The stripes along the side of the torso were the nicest

youngrell

TIL about the Adidas stripes no longer being allowed to fill the whole sleeve. I thought it was another of Adidas' total design feck ups of recent times.

Still prefer them short on the sleeve over down the torso, though.

Nick7

TIL about the Adidas stripes no longer being allowed to fill the whole sleeve. I thought it was another of Adidas' total design feck ups of recent times.

Still prefer them short on the sleeve over down the torso, though.
It’s been that way for a long time. I have jerseys from the 2010 World Cup where the stripes only go halfway down the arm.

youngrell

It’s been that way for a long time. I have jerseys from the 2010 World Cup where the stripes only go halfway down the arm.
Yeah I know the designs have been there, just didn't realise it was a rule rather than a design choice.

decorativeed

Ah ok. I think it’s a FIFA rule there’s all sorts of nonsense rules for football jerseys.
FIFA rules would only apply to a United kit if we played in the Club World Cup.

The Adidas designers told me that to avoid there being the need for multiple versions of shirts tailored to the individual competitions they would be worn in, they make sure each kit complies with all the domestic and international rules.

Nick7

FIFA rules would only apply to a United kit if we played in the Club World Cup.

The Adidas designers told me that to avoid there being the need for multiple versions of shirts tailored to the individual competitions they would be worn in, they make sure each kit complies with all the domestic and international rules.
damn I was going to write UEFA initially but thought it might be FIFA. But what you say makes sense, they would have to make a jersey that complies to UEFA rules and one to PL rules. Easier to make one that complies to both.

yeah it was UEFA I read. The manufacturer band on the arm can't be larger than 8cm and must have a "free zone"

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Tech/uefaorg/General/02/56/52/75/2565275_DOWNLOAD.pdf

decorativeed

damn I was going to write UEFA initially but thought it might be FIFA. But what you say makes sense, they would have to make a jersey that complies to UEFA rules and one to PL rules. Easier to make one that complies to both.

yeah it was UEFA I read. The manufacturer band on the arm can't be larger than 8cm and must have a "free zone"

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Tech/uefaorg/General/02/56/52/75/2565275_DOWNLOAD.pdf
Yep 72 pages of equipment regulations. Every designer I have spoken to bemoans its existance, and these are the rules that result in the kits we have. The current kit for example had to have the minutes that the goals were scored removed from those little black bands on the sleeves. Players versions just have blank black rectangles.

Pav1878

That struck me too:

So which is it?

Disorder? Wilderness? Shadowplay?

Hopefully not New Dawn Fades for Ole or She’s Lost Control Again for Casey Stoney.

I’m opting for Day of the Lords.
:lol: it depends. If things go awry for Ole there may be Disorder and some may say She's Lost Control. Some Insight may show a dressing room of Dead Souls and the board will be looking for a new Candidate. The fans will be back to square one, and anxious over where the club is heading, because in the end Love will tear us apart.

Grande

:lol: it depends. If things go awry for Ole there may be Disorder and some may say She's Lost Control. Some Insight may show a dressing room of Dead Souls and the board will be looking for a new Candidate. The fans will be back to square one, and anxious over where the club is heading, because in the end Love will tear us apart.
i see you have Insight.

I remember nothing.

van Nistelrooy

Home and away shirts are looking like some of our best in a long time in my opinion.

I just hope the third kit is something simple too, but I've heard the rumours of dazzle camo!

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Waiting for the day we get rid of that Chevy logo.

decorativeed

Apparently the reason that the current arsenal away kit is so subtle, rather than bold like the bruised banana shirt of the early 90s, that it is not allowed by UEFA rules to have kits with too much contast in the colours. The only exceptions are home kits with stripes, because they concede that these are traditional and can't be messed about with.

Away shirts have to pass tests with equipment to make sure they are either light or dark, and nothing in between. So they had to keep dialing back the pattern on the Arsenal kit until it was very feint.

Basically, with all that in mind, I can't see that the third kit will have that dazzle camo all over it, as it wouldn't pass those tests.

padzilla

Hipster
Apparently the reason that the current arsenal away kit is so subtle, rather than bold like the bruised banana shirt of the early 90s, that it is not allowed by UEFA rules to have kits with too much contast in the colours. The only exceptions are home kits with stripes, because they concede that these are traditional and can't be messed about with.

Away shirts have to pass tests with equipment to make sure they are either light or dark, and nothing in between. So they had to keep dialing back the pattern on the Arsenal kit until it was very feint.

Basically, with all that in mind, I can't see that the third kit will have that dazzle camo all over it, as it wouldn't pass those tests.
UEFA are killjoys when it comes to modern day kits!