Is this next season's home kit for United?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Seems unlikely?

Raw

To be honest the really ugly ones end up growing on me quite quickly. The gingham shirt we had in 12/13 looked silly at first but now I think it looks class.

Of course the Chevrolet logo won't help things (had to mention it before anyone else didn't I).

padzilla

Hipster
To be honest the really ugly ones end up growing on me quite quickly. The gingham shirt we had in 12/13 looked silly at first but now I think it looks class.

Of course the Chevrolet logo won't help things (had to mention it before anyone else didn't I).
Yeah I know exactly what you mean - now I associate that particular shirt with RVP and Fergie's final league success instead of looking like a table cloth which I thought at the time.

Last edited:

El Zoido

A lot of it depends on our success in that particular kit. I used to hate the ‘08 one with the white stripe down the back, now it just reminds me of Ronaldo in beast mode and I love it.

PeteManic

The projected designs for the 3 kits next year look absolutely awful.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Don't we go through this every year? The design comes out, people say it's shit, then the players wear it and people start to like it.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Usually footy headlines just make it up at this stage based on something like that ball in that link. But they’re usually reliable

Rojofiam

I think it could turn out decent if the designers are smart and don't go overkill with that pattern.

diarm

Looking at it glass half full, at least the chevy logo won't be ruining it.

RyRy11

Usually footy headlines just make it up at this stage based on something like that ball in that link. But they’re usually reliable
I’ve followed footy headlines for the last 5+ years and they’ve never been wrong with a United kit

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!

This is doing the rounds on Twitter atm. Presumably based on the footyheadlines article but it could've been what they based their article on.

Now looking at the template for Russia/Belgium etc I wonder if the sleeves to bottom of the V-neck will just be red. You can see how the sleeve wraps over better on the Russia shirt but there's that definite split where the main shirt texture doesn't carry on.

Also never heard of Haier but apparently they're rumoured to be our new sponsor. Also the above doesn't have Kohler on the sleeve.

Doesn't look great, certainly doesn't look like a United shirt but we'll see.

L1nk

This is doing the rounds on Twitter atm. Presumably based on the footyheadlines article but it could've been what they based their article on.

Now looking at the template for Russia/Belgium etc I wonder if the sleeves to bottom of the V-neck will just be red. You can see how the sleeve wraps over better on the Russia shirt but there's that definite split where the main shirt texture doesn't carry on.

Also never heard of Haier but apparently they're rumoured to be our new sponsor. Also the above doesn't have Kohler on the sleeve.

Would look vastly better if they had white on the end of the sleeves, like on the Russia red kit. Breaks up the pattern a bit, it's too much on that concept imo.

diarm

Looking at it glass half full, at least the chevy logo won't be ruining it.

Wait what the feck?

I said the above earlier thinking they were putting a load of yellow shite on the jersey to distract from the chevy logo.

But they've waited for the first jersey without that yellow/gold shite and thought; "you know what it's missing?"

RUCK4444

Wait what the feck?

I said the above earlier thinking they were putting a load of yellow shite on the jersey to distract from the chevy logo.

But they've waited for the first jersey without that yellow/gold shite and thought; "you know what it's missing?"
:lol: So true

Hubal

Also never heard of Haier but apparently they're rumoured to be our new sponsor.
There was rumour that Haier would be our new sponsor but they denied it. The Chevrolet deal expires AFTER next season anyway, still one year to go.

Footy Headlines based their kit article on the leaked ball and its pattern.

red thru&thru

I actually like it! :houllier:

It might turn out to be decent. whichever way, Haier won't be the sponsor till the following year anyway.

shahzy

I always found the white socks + white shorts to be a "cleaner" look. reminds me of the Champions league days of 07-09

MiracleInMadrid

I bet the pattern in the OP will look much better when we see it in full size and on a player.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
About time we were due a horrible one I guess :rolleyes: I personally love this years and last year was nice too as a total kit.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I’ve followed footy headlines for the last 5+ years and they’ve never been wrong with a United kit
They’ll be spot on when the kit leaks but there’s no kit on their website right now. Just a ball with a small area around the badge as a concept based on that maybe?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Oh hey, this is actually RIGHT up my alley! One of my companies is a sport and athleisure brand. I'm quite involved in the apparel design process (mostly i say yes or no or want small changes one but I digress)

I HATE this. It's SO noisy. All the yellow spots are essentially hundreds of focal points your eyes are drawn to. Not good. I assume the meaning here is to play with the emblem yellow and make either a cascading rain effect or the specs symbolizing the fans of Manchester United. I guarantee the pattern is not just there for show.

Either way, just no. This is WAY too much.The old adage less is more 100% still applies.