Is this next season's home kit for United?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Adidas designers need to put down the crack pipe

Its a fecking red shirt with some white details, seems straightforward enough yet they manage to deliver shite season after season it boggles the mind.
Our shirts have always been described as shite at this point in the year, I remember people prayed we moved away from Nike as Adidas we're doing great shirts for other teams. Do we know for sure it's the manufacture that does the design and not people within the club (or at least the club that chooses said design over others?)

decorativeed

It's not our kit colours. I don't care if it's in the crest - I can't recall a single Utd home kit with yellow in it in my now rather long life. Red, White, Black. So, I'm kicking off about it.
It's just what happens when you are forced to bring out new kits every year. Every second year tends to be more experimental. I much prefer them adding a small amount of yellow to the shirt than too much black on it to go with black shorts and predominantly red socks. At least this will look like a United kit when you watch them play.

decorativeed

Our shirts have always been described as shite at this point in the year, I remember people prayed we moved away from Nike as Adidas we're doing great shirts for other teams. Do we know for sure it's the manufacture that does the design and not people within the club (or at least the club that chooses said design over others?)
Yes, the design comes from Adidas. Multiple people in a team of 11 or so contribute. They present it to the club for feedback, they tweak it until the club and UEFA are happy. The club can reject a design, but apparently that doesn't happen very often.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I think it'll be one of those kits that will look way better when played in.Think the colour details could look good when players are at full speed.

I've got a similar reaction to that as I had with gingham 12/13 kit - horrible at first, loved it when watching us play. Us winning the title in it may have helped that, mind :lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Bruno will hate it and never play well again (unless we are away) :nervous:

charlenefan

Yes, the design comes from Adidas. Multiple people in a team of 11 or so contribute. They present it to the club for feedback, they tweak it until the club and UEFA are happy. The club can reject a design, but apparently that doesn't happen very often.
So they only have 1 design to choose from then?

Fingeredmouse

It's just what happens when you are forced to bring out new kits every year. Every second year tends to be more experimental. I much prefer them adding a small amount of yellow to the shirt than too much black on it to go with black shorts and predominantly red socks. At least this will look like a United kit when you watch them play.
I'm not a fan of the black shorts either but at least black is our colour.
Put a crown paint logo on it and it looks like a late 80s Liverpool kit.

Nick7

Absolutely agree. I'd take an awful jersey, as long as we have white shorts and black socks as our home kit.

devil in me

Some of the concept kits people come up with just sat behind a laptop are class, and then the actual designers, being paid good money, churn out shite again! It looks like a bus seat cover. :lol:

decorativeed

So they only have 1 design to choose from then?
What I understand is that the Adidas team create a bunch of designs at the start of the process, until they favour one which gets developed until it's ready to present to the club. If the club like it, it continues to be developed and they have to check it meets all UEFA regulations. If the club don't like it, they go back to the other designs for further development.

decorativeed

I'm not a fan of the black shorts either but at least black is our colour.
Put a crown paint logo on it and it looks like a late 80s Liverpool kit.
Liverpools kits in the late 80s were red and white. A couple of them had a touch of grey on it.

Anyway, when we had Adidas in the 80s, they made the design choice to add black to the shirt for the first time. For 80 years, black had only been on the socks, never on the shirt. Now they are taking the yellow/gold from the crest (also featured on a 70s away kit, a couple of old Newton Heath kits, the 92 third kit and the 93 away kit) and adding it to the home shirt. It's not like we've never used the colour before, it's just part of the evolution of our kit.

Fingeredmouse

Liverpools kits in the late 80s were red and white. A couple of them had a touch of grey on it.

Anyway, when we had Adidas in the 80s, they made the design choice to add black to the shirt for the first time. For 80 years, black had only been on the socks, never on the shirt. Now they are taking the yellow/gold from the crest (also featured on a 70s away kit, a couple of old Newton Heath kits, the 92 third kit and the 93 away kit) and adding it to the home shirt. It's not like we've never used the colour before, it's just part of the evolution of our kit.
We've never had it on a home kit have we? Not that I can recall. I'm sure we in the 1890s but that's hardly the point. I don't care what we do to the away kits really (although I do like a black or white one I must say) but I'm really not keen on yellow being brought into our home kit palette.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I like it a lot. Wonder if the sales dip a bit if next season goes ahead fully behind doors.

Nick7

We've never had it on a home kit have we? Not that I can recall. I'm sure we in the 1890s but that's hardly the point. I don't care what we do to the away kits really (although I do like a black or white one I must say) but I'm really not keen on yellow being brought into our home kit palette.
It’s on every home kit, if you count our crest :p

tjb

might prove to be a classic, unique enough to get attention. I really miss the days when a home kit could at least last two seasons, giving it a chance to become iconic. Adidas have always taken crazy risks any, the Chelsea away and third kits for 07-08 to 2013 should have provided indication of what we would be getting. Truth is, fans don't know what they want. If it's clean, people call it boring. If its unique, people call it sickening. Fact is the Chevy badge will be there for one more season, this kits yellow at least plays into the chevy theme.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I really like it. People always shit on our kits no matter what year it is.

Green one is mint.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
It looks like a Commodore 64 loading screen, and the close up of the material looks like it's made out of the surface of a basketball.

I've liked all the Adidas home shirts except for the one with the black stripes, and now this one.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
The new home shirt is clearly an homage to the great Manc tradition of chundering on yourself while waiting for the last bus.

charlenefan

What I understand is that the Adidas team create a bunch of designs at the start of the process, until they favour one which gets developed until it's ready to present to the club. If the club like it, it continues to be developed and they have to check it meets all UEFA regulations. If the club don't like it, they go back to the other designs for further development.

RyRy11

I really like it. People always shit on our kits no matter what year it is.

Green one is mint.
I'm pretty sure people were ragging on this year's shirt for having a black sheild around the badge... theres always something to moan about :rolleyes: I like it, if we play well people will warm to it just like they did with the gingham top.

choccy77

True Story.............

Man United have NEVER won a League Title in an Adidas shirt and I believe it is a real life curse.

Anyhow, Adidas have been disappointing in their designs of most United shirts and they should learn by now, the best ones are the simplest designs or the retro styles that will sell bucket loads.

I'm still waiting on a 1977 white and black 3 stripes shirt, ala 1977 away to have been updated and issued.

Rolaholic

I'm pretty sure people were ragging on this year's shirt for having a black sheild around the badge... theres always something to moan about :rolleyes: I like it, if we play well people will warm to it just like they did with the gingham top.
The badge was discussed since it was slightly different but I feel like the general consensus was overwhelmingly positive. Felt like the most well received home kit since the 2nd one from the current deal with Adidas during the Zlatan season