Is this next season's home kit for United?

decorativeed

this translates too, the feedback on the kit is awful, so the club have ditched the shorts at the last minute, but since we’ve produced thousands, we will try and sell them anyway
Nah, it was always going to be the case because they will wear whichever shorts do not clash with the home team, so all-white or all-black. Look at the 2015-16 third kit, we wore white shorts most of the time.

sugar_kane

Glad to hear the players shorts will be plain white (not striped) although I think black would have looked better balanced, personally.

Think it looks a lot better in the official pictures where you can see the texture of the material rather than just the insane design scheme.

Also had a made idea that this design might actually look quite cool in green/gold as a bit of a modern take on the Newton Heath/93 third kit.

PeteManic

It actually looks really cool. Especially on Becks, of course. Glad to hear the shorts and socks will be white (and probably black depending on clashes).

GiddyUp

We should take Adidas to court for this. Easily in the top five worst jerseys I've ever laid my days on.

sparx99

I thought I would hate it but I actually love it. Gonna be my first kit purchase in 3-4 years.

RedCurry

I love that third kit. I am in! Still hate the Chevy logo though.

decorativeed

I've definitely warmed to this, although (surprise, surprise), the worst thing about it is still the sponsor's logo. I've not been tempted to buy a single one since it appeared on our shirts. Can't wait to see what we replace it with, and I'd expect an announcement fairly soon.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Like a lot I am actually getting used to this. With plain shorts it will be good. It was the shorts and socks that were doing my head in. It was overkill.

youngrell

Pleased to read that the team won't be wearing the striped shorts and socks. They look hideous altogether.

Think the shirt looks alright on its own, but that's as good as praise I can give it.

Okey

We're quite simply not a stripes team, so this will be hard to get used to. Thankfully it's only a 3rd kit so won't get worn much. Even more thankfully, they've ditched the shorts and socks! That would have been a God-awful sight!

decorativeed

Wore the more similarly coloured away kit more though
I was surprised we only wore that one once more than the third, to be honest. I do think the third was a much nicer kit, I am not a fan of last year's away at all.

If I were to rank the adidas kits, it's probably be:

Home:
1: 2015/16 (1982 remake)
2: 2017/18 (grandad collar)
3: 2019/20 (black badge)
4: 2020/21 (yellow flecks)
5: 2016/17 (halved)
6: 2018/19 (black gradient abomination)

Away/Third
1: 2019/20 third (black/roses)
2: 2018/19 third (navy blue Parley)
3: 2017/18 black and white (1990 print)
4: 2018/19 away (pink)
5: 2016/17 away (blue)
6: 2020/21 away (black/dark greeny/gray thing)
7: 2020/21 third (dazzle stripes)
8: 2015/16 away (white - just a bit boring)
9: 2015/16 third (black - marked down for addition of orange bits)
Joint last: 2019/20 away (beige mosaic), 2017/18 third (grey with ugly print), 2016/17 third (white and grey with honeycomb print sleeves)

That has to be the worst kit i've ever seen. It's horrific.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I've definitely warmed to this, although (surprise, surprise), the worst thing about it is still the sponsor's logo. I've not been tempted to buy a single one since it appeared on our shirts. Can't wait to see what we replace it with, and I'd expect an announcement fairly soon.
Is this the last season with Chevy ? Also when does the Adidas deal run out.

Andersons Dietician

That 3rd kit has sort of grown on me. The top anyway. I hope the shorts aren’t the ones I saw that are the same pattern. Looks decent when you see people wearing it with black Addidas joggers. Hopefully the shorts are more like that than the shirt.

Red00012

Not as bad as I thought it would be , maybe the shorts and socks help

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Forgive me if this has been asked already but against which teams will we be wearing the 3rd kit in the league?
feck knows, maybe Southampton/SUFC depending on the colouring of their kit this season or perhaps West Ham/Villa/Burnley. Might barely feature.

Anyway, teams rarely wear mad shorts. You remember those quite nice black to white gradient shorts with orange bits on from a few years back? Don’t think we wore them once. Just wore black shorts.

decorativeed

feck knows, maybe Southampton/SUFC depending on the colouring of their kit this season or perhaps West Ham/Villa/Burnley. Might barely feature.

Anyway, teams rarely wear mad shorts. You remember those quite nice black to white gradient shorts with orange bits on from a few years back? Don’t think we wore them once. Just wore black shorts.
I was surprised to find we wore those shorts more often than I remembered. Four times.

Gopher Brown

I hope the Venn diagram of people complaining about generic Adidas kits and people complaining about how awful this kit looks is two separate circles...

hobbers

I hope the Venn diagram of people complaining about generic Adidas kits and people complaining about how awful this kit looks is two separate circles...
I think there's a little bit of room between finding generic kits a bit boring and being appalled at the god awful monstrosity they've just churned out for us here.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

I'm sad enough to admit I have 3 pairs of these, my fave United shorts ever :lol:

RedCurry

The Chevy logo looks so out of place on that black and white.
It was their last year of sponsorship with us, they just released the new mid engined Corvette and Corvette logo would look infinitely better than Chevy logo on that shirt. They aren’t the most creative bunch.

Cloud7

That third kit is the worst United kit I've ever seen

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I feel like it's been done badly. It could've worked, although obviously still been pretty out there, if the red didn't look so out of place.

Marcus

The third kit is growing on me. I think I may have been brainwashed.