Is this season a Royal Rumble - like 15/16?

RUCK4444

Yeah a Partey sort of player would have been nice, but I think on their own it would need a lot of work if Pogba will partner Bruno. The former is just too lackadaisical in his positioning and generally holding the ball in deeper areas. He's a different player all together on the offensive half of the pitch, but the set up does not suit him.

Anyway point being, quality wise I think we have as much as any other team do right now (counting here that Liverpool actually have no VVD for the season).
Yeah agree. For sure the playing field has been levelled somewhat, if we can find that form we’ve had in spells there’s no telling how it will pan out.

We’ve shown that we can have patches of the best form in the league, hopefully the players can use this opportunity to really raise their game.

TheLord

I think we will have a clear picture by the end of the year. If things remain similarly disjointed among the top clubs in this freak season, I wouldn't be surprised if Spurs or Everton manage to actually challenge for the title.
But again, 2015/16 rarely happens. I still think it will be between Liverpool and City.

marktan

I think we will have a clear picture by the end of the year. If things remain similarly disjointed among the top clubs in this freak season, I wouldn't be surprised if Spurs or Everton manage to actually challenge for the title.
But again, 2015/16 rarely happens. I still think it will be between Liverpool and City.
This. The top teams had a slow start, but I think Pool and City will be establish ground come around the middle of the season. They just beat too many of the other top half teams head to head.

Liverpool's defensive injuries do cause them problems, as does City loosing Silva, Sane and Aguero being constantly injured, but not enough for them not to be ahead of other teams.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yes. Hopefully we throw Arsenal & City over the top rope to set up a FootyMania showdown with Liverpool for the title.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Absolutely. It’s funny how quickly things change in football (& around the world!). Obituaries were written for anyone not named City or Pool because those 2 were going to dominate for the next 3-5 years.

Any team that can grind out results & go on a couple of decent winning runs this season is in with a shout. That includes us.