Is this the most boring United team for years??

jdmufc

Roboheart
River cool's where I belong, In my moysey paradise
Regardless of how todays match finishes, this team lacks creativity and flair,we have no drive and it seems like not much desire to grab a game by the scruff of the neck.

Todays game was always going to be a tough game what with all our injuries and fulham being a very decent team at home,but this thread isn´t just about todays game its about our whole season up untill now, IMO we have flattered to deceive, but for me the biggest disappointment has been how fecking boring we have been!!

Leg-End

We arn't boring, its only boring when you arnt winning. I do agree though, we lack a certain bit of flair in the midfield area.

Transfer United Till I Die

I am totally in the know, honest
I tend to think that not being very good makes you boring. We are seriously lacking attacking quality and flair. Its like watching United circa 04/05. This thread will get panned and us accused of being doom merchants but at the moment we just arent very good, decimated defence or not. A lack of centre backs doesnt make you clueless up front. Team selections get weirder and weirder lately too. Darron Gibson seems to get selected simply because he can shoot. And this isnt just based on today.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
^ That could be because our first choice centre midfield pairing are sitting in the centre-back positions!
Shockingly I think you may just be right;)

It's just more dissapointing that I really don't think Berbatov is going to help much making an impact off the bench. Went to all that trouble and it seems all we actually needed was just a plain goal scorer. Who'd have thought eh.

nemanja15

I tend to think that not being very good makes you boring. We are seriously lacking attacking quality and flair. Its like watching United circa 04/05. This thread will get panned and us accused of being doom merchants but at the moment we just arent very good, decimated defence or not. A lack of centre backs doesnt make you clueless up front. Team selections get weirder and weirder lately too. Darron Gibson seems to get selected simply because he can shoot. And this isnt just based on today.
It does have a knock-on effect though. If the CBs can't clear the danger, they can't reach the midfielders, who play it on to the strikers etc... and when you have two out-of position players in the CB position you can't clear the ball properly and the service to the front men will be compromised.

busbysaces

You're right we seem to be lacking that cutting edge. I've enjoyed watching Owens movement, his awareness is top draw and giggs has been impressive. But we've not been anywhere near as explosive as in the past - probably to do with the loss of Ronnie.

Hoping we ship ninny out in Jan and sign a creative midfielder.

At least we have a bumper Jan to look forward to fixture wise.

IhabX7

^ That could be because our first choice centre midfield pairing are sitting in the centre-back positions!
Not really. It has been like that before the injuries. No creatiity whatsoever. Rooney is disappointing and has gone backwards in most aspects.

jdmufc

Roboheart
i did say in the OP that i understand about about the defensive confusion at the moment but i think for most of the season we have been extremely impotent, the only reason we are still in this title race is that no other team has really pressed home an advantage either

It does have a knock-on effect though. If the CBs can't clear the danger, they can't reach the midfielders, who play it on to the strikers etc... and when you have two out-of position players in the CB position you can't clear the ball properly and the service to the front men will be compromised.
Just like against Villa, the Scouse, Burnley, Sunderland etc etc. Oh wait.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
We are a bit boring and predictable this season tbh. Just a handful players that are capable of some magic the rest is mostly just hard work, pace and power.

i did say in the OP that i understand about about the defensive confusion at the moment but i think for most of the season we have been extremely impotent, the only reason we are still in this title race is that no other team has really pressed home an advantage either
Nail on head.

busbysaces

We seem to be lacking that explosiveness. I've enjoyed watching Owens movement, his awareness is top draw and giggs has been impressive. But we've not been anywhere near as explosive as in the past - probably to do with the loss of Ronnie.

On a positive note we have an explosive bumper Jan to look forward to fixture wise.

nemanja15

Just like against Villa, the Scouse, Burnley, Sunderland etc etc. Oh wait.
Bollocks. We played well enough to get something out of the Villa, Burnley and Sunderland games; creativity wasn't a problem. Yes we were poor against the Scouse but that's the only game we didn't warrant anything out of.

Shut up everyone, stop complaining when we have such a dire injury situation and get behind the team.

Bollocks. We played well enough to get something out of the Villa, Burnley and Sunderland games; creativity wasn't a problem. Yes we were poor against the Scouse but that's the only game we didn't warrant anything out of.

Shut up everyone, stop complaining and get behind the team.
We could have beaten Villa and Sunderland. Im just saying that we dont have that rel quality that takes the breath away anymore. Burnley was fecking dire.

Makeshift back four in that game too.

Don't let that get in the way of your annual hysteria though. I think you only stopped slagging the team off last season when it was mathematically impossible to not win the league.
I didnt think we were special last year.

After your Ljajic breakdown I really dont think you can accuse anyone else of being a drama queen.

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
feck knows what it IS based on then :confused:

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
Well i wouldnt make this judgment based on todays game if thats whats caused you to write this...look at the team its a mish mash of players scattered everywhere with our star man woefully underperforming....is it hardly surprising were playing this poorly?

In general when weve had a proper team out ie defenders in defence midfielders in midfield etc weve looked good in my opinion....

Injuries are killing us plain and simple.

None of our best midfielders were forced to play in defence in that game, eh?

Oh wait.

What you tards are ignoring is that it's not the loss of our first-choice back four that's the problem, it's the fact their replacements are fecked too.
Sorry, are you saying we cant cope with having to move one midfielder to right back?

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
We are a bit boring and predictable this season tbh. Just a handful players that are capable of some magic the rest is mostly just hard work, pace and power.
which is weird because we lack that also

nyrfan818

It's okay to admit when your team has faults people. It doesn't make you a poor fan or anything.

I can't see how anyone could say we've been as interesting as recent years. We haven't. A lot of our wins have been scrappy and not at all convincing. A win is a win, so I sure ain't complaining, but this thread is about the quality of our football. And it's right. And that's not just based on the injury crisis period. We've lacked creativity and a cutting edge pretty much all season.

Cold_Boy

Regardless of how todays match finishes, this team lacks creativity and flair,we have no drive and it seems like not much desire to grab a game by the scruff of the neck.

Todays game was always going to be a tough game what with all our injuries and fulham being a very decent team at home,but this thread isn´t just about todays game its about our whole season up untill now, IMO we have flattered to deceive, but for me the biggest disappointment has been how fecking boring we have been!!
I would agree 100 %.

We lack that one star player as well.Rooney isnt that currently.

No crisp passing,no quick counter attacks,no aggression as FREDTHERED mentioned.

fecking hell however you try to deny it,we miss Ronaldo a lot.

We lack that extra magic.

kelvinhole

Hello Kevin
We're not boring, we're just appaling.

I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel just yet, but I suspect we're only one (at most two) defeats from going out of the title race. And to be fair, it's what our performances deserve.

jdmufc

Roboheart
It's okay to admit when your team has faults people. It doesn't make you a poor fan or anything.

I can't see how anyone could say we've been as interesting as recent years. We haven't. A lot of our wins have been scrappy and not at all convincing. A win is a win, so I sure ain't complaining, but this thread is about the quality of our football. And it's right. And that's not just based on the injury crisis period. We've lacked creativity and a cutting edge pretty much all season.
yup, precisely