Is this the most depressing United summer ever? (In your memory)

oz insomniac

I know this view isn't popular, but Pogba and his manager are really friggin pathetic, a player that can't take criticism and actually show his talent. A player manager who throws his weight around when he should be counselling his player to perform.

These actions are part of today's problems, if it takes hard work, give up. Support the manager who is trying to rebuild a great club and understand that you were bought to be a leader and someone who the side revolves around, not a YouTube/instagram poser. If you don't think that JM is aware of the needs to make the team competitive, then you must believe that there are 11 players in the roster of better quality then Citeh etc. doesn't look that way from afar.

amotherscrime

summer 1995: sold Ince, Kanchelskis and Hughes - bought NO ONE

summer 2005: Glazers take over, mass protests - core section of the match going fans decide to give up their season tickets and form FC United
Most people on redcafe obviously haven't been exposed to any real football hardship. The only sensible answers in this thread are the ones who have mentioned 85, 95 and 05. And everything before that.

Spoiled.

With that said, I'd like to say that this summer is the worst one since those days. I can't really feel any sort of optimism this summer. Even though the world cup left me feeling very optimistic. Lukaku, Pogba, Rashford, Fellaini, Lingard, Lindelöf all performed very well. We bought Dalot and Fred. Rumours circulating regarding Maguire and Mina. Some of the best defenders of the WC. So why did it all turn sour?

1》 José. Poor performances and poor results in pre-season. Horrid and insane rants in the media. Bashing the players, bashing the club. Not to mention the ordeal with Pogba and Martial... It's painful watching United under Mourinho.

2》 Woodward. IMO he has been doing an extremely poor job for years now. Biggest failure was Moyes first transfer window. Then he's managed to buy failure after failure (at extreme overprice, of course). Di Maria, Mkhitaryan, Depay, Darmian, Schneiderlin, Rojo, Martial, Falcao, Schweinsteiger... The list goes on... And have we gotten rid of any dead wood? Blind, Januzaj, Rooney, Chicharito, Evans, RvP, Zaha, M. Keane... I'm surprised we didn't keep Cleverley... So yeah. What can we expect from him this season? Bale and Maguire would be the only sensible signings to be able to turn any kind of transfer tide. As well as getting rid of several mediocre players. NOT SHAW.

3》 Last season. The horror. And have we improved? No. Liverpool has. City has. I cannot see that we would perform better this season. Even Arsenal is rebuilding.

4》 No hope for youngsters to develop and come through. (Fosu-Mensah, Tuanzebe, Chong, Gomes, Gribbin, etc). Maybe Pereira and Fosu. If we're lucky. No real progress since LVG left.

5》The complete rift between United supporters. Team Martial vs Team Jose. General negativity and bullying of players. The ones who want to get rid of everyone, buy everything. The ones who refuse to recognize clear issues. The plastics, the elitists. It never ends.