Is this the worst day of your United supporting life? (Every cloud has a silver lining)

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
For some posters I imagine it would be getting relegated 50 or so years ago and for others it would be somewhere in the 70s or 80s.

The City 6-1 was a huge sting but it was a one time thing, there have been other terrible results like losing 4-1 to Boro and 5-0 to Chelsea but they were just temporary lapses. This feels like the culmination of so much, and it doesn't look like it will be the end.

Ole in the end will get the boot whether rightly or wrongly, but there is so much wrong at the club beyond OGS.

I can't remember feeling this hopeless as a United fan, there have been defeats, lost cup finals but this one hurts more than anything I can remember.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
It's the day I've accepted that we won't be anywhere near a top club for a long long time. Especially under the current regime.

Phil

Nah the City game. It was the noisy neighbours and we were actually half decent then if I recall

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Nah, mainly because I have greater levels of apathy these days

City 6-1 was worse... Especially being there. But my worst day will always be losing the title to City in the 95th fecking minute.

Zoo

Sevilla at home under Jose was a real low because of the way we approached the game and his comments afterwards.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Is anyone shocked? We hired the guy who got Cardiff relegated. This is completely expected.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
No because there have been days as bad when I’ve been convinced nothing good will come out of such garbage. Today I’m at least hopeful we’ve finally reached the tipping point.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Didn’t think we could hit lower than Everton away at the end of 18/19. But I’m learning there are always new depths for this club to sink to.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Not really. Amount of disappointment is directly proportional to attachment. United are helping every week to reduce the attachment

CG1010

I think the Manchester City result was worse for me. We were flying high after large hammerings to Spurs (heh) and Arsenal. It felt like we have a new young team ready to conquer the world. But that defeat brought everything crashing.

Now I am numb as a fan after these 7 years so, this one doesn't hurt that much. But we are for a looong season so who knows whether we can outdo ourselves

El Zoido

The City game was 3-1 until injury time. They scored 3 goals in the last 2 minutes, so this is worse.

hp88

Nah we have had some bad days under Moyes but we are not far from, fecking glad we aren't allowed in at the moment as it would probably feel a lot worse.

Bojan11

We lost heavy in the past, but they been blips. We had the security of Fergie.

This one is just different. Even if we sack Ole. I have doubts if a new manager can fix Maguire and AWB. We signed a slow defender and a defender who cannot pass.

I expect a response to a heavy loss usually. But I don’t have any hopes with this squad.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Nani red-card game against Madrid

AC1689

Nah the City game. It was the noisy neighbours and we were actually half decent then if I recall
City game we still ended up on the same points and almost won the title. Still winning games. This follows a lucky win against Brighton where we could have arguably lost, and a loss at home to Crystal frigging Palace. No comparison. This is undoubtedly worse.

The key here is this is not a blip.

Shark

@NotShark
I think so. Not sure where we go from here? I mean you even think of Liverpool at their worst and they didn't suffer an embarrassment like this on home turf

Gazza

One-off defeats aren't the end of the world. 1-6 against City was fecking dreadful but mostly because those extra goals gave City the title via goal difference. Bad results happen in isolation and happen to all big clubs too. What is worse about this time is that I am barely moved by this defeat; it frustrates and annoys, but it doesn't completely surprise me. We are a club that is fractured to its foundations and this game today wasn't needed to tell us that.

hp88

City 6-1 was worse... Especially being there. But my worst day will always be losing the title to City in the 95th fecking minute.
Ah man I still remember the drive back home from Sunderland :(

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
There have been quite a few in recent years tbf. But this just feels like, 7/8 years on and we're absolutely no better, or closer to being good again.

So in isolation it's bad, but overall just another bite in a really shit sandwich I can't stop eating for some reason.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The 3-0 spanking Liverpool gave us during Moyes season really, really hurt. Watching Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling and Gerrard celebrate right in front of us nearly made me sick.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
For some posters I imagine it would be getting relegated 50 or so years ago and for others it would be somewhere in the 70s or 80s.

The City 6-1 was a huge sting but it was a one time thing, there have been other terrible results like losing 4-1 to Boro and 5-0 to Chelsea but they were just temporary lapses. This feels like the culmination of so much, and it doesn't look like it will be the end.

Ole in the end will get the boot whether rightly or wrongly, but there is so much wrong at the club beyond OGS.

I can't remember feeling this hopeless as a United fan, there have been defeats, lost cup finals but this one hurts more than anything I can remember.
We are 9 weeks away from a great second half of the 19/20 campaign and it takes 3 matches for the fanbase to crumble into full on despair.

Absolutely amazing how little will there is to dissect events, remember what the team IS capable of, and move on. Things like this happens. It happened under Sir Alex, it's happened to Pep, Klopp, and every elite manager under the sun.

I'm not concerned at all. I am however pissed off at Maguire for setting in motion the events that made this into one of the worst nights as a Manchester United fan. And don't @ me with the would have lost anyway, schtict, no one knows that.

Ballache

Supports
Martial

Jesus forgot about that.
The only Derby I managed to watch at OT. Horrible day, our bus was attacked by City fans on the way to Piccadilly too.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
This is bad, we made a Jose led Spurs side look like world beaters, it hurts alot.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
On the contrary, I enjoy a challenge that openly presents itself, and watching this United side battle tooth and nail all season long to avoid relegation is one hell of a challenge.

Buckle up, lads and lasses, it's gonna be a bumpy one.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Nah loosing games when there's something really important riding on it are worse than an early season drubbing no one will remember in a couple of weeks time