Is this the worst day of your United supporting life? (Every cloud has a silver lining)

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
The most fecked off I've been as a fan was when Drogba scored from fecking miles offside to gift Chelsea the title. 2010 I believe?

This one is fairly uniquely depressing because it isn't even out of character from the other games so far this season. Fecking Palace and Brighton would have each scored 6 and if they could finish as well.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
These blips happen at all clubs. However, this is going south very quickly, and it's not just this games performance we need to be concerned. We have been pathetic since the season start and lucky to have 3 points and only 11 goals conceded.

The worst feeling ever has undoubtedly been the Aguero moment.

soapythecat

I’ve lost count in the last few seasons when I’ve said ‘worst I’ve seen United play’, but today was right up there. The 1-6 defeat to city hurt but we had a go at them that day. Today was just an absolute hammering from the 3rd minute. Every player looked lost and confused. Today hurts more than any I remember as it’s confirmed just how far behind we are and will be for a long time under this ownership.

decorativeed

Nah, my worst day is the Ole appointment closely followed by Moyes's.
Don't be daft, Ole was a shot in the dark, and it felt great to bring him in and get shut of Jose. Moyes, however, we'd seen plenty enough of him to know it was a shocking decision, especially as the man to take the reigns from the greatest we've ever had.

BorisManUtd

Thank God I wasn't able to watch today's game.

It's horrible feeling, 7 years since Fergie same things happening over and over again. Amount of money spent all these years.. Heartbreaking just thinking about United atm.

The midfield general

I have been a united fan all my life like many others on here,My dads hero was Tommy Taylor, he said he could head a ball two foot of the ground and score.My favourite player whom I tried to emulate when we played school matches was Sir Bobby Charlton,so you can see how old I am. I was born about one mile from Old Trafford, I love the club,always have done always will. We have had lots of highs and lows, We got relegated and we bounced back,Poncho Pearson was a great signing from Hull and that helped.Today I am well pissed off like the rest of you,But I also feel really sad,because unless someone can wrestle the club from them greedy yank bastards this will be the norm.Nothing will change.
I feel sorry for Ole,Woodward and co new exactly what they were doing when the appointed him,A club legend the fans love we won the Champions league with his help.They are bleeding us to death and at the minute there is not a lot we can do about it.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
For some posters I imagine it would be getting relegated 50 or so years ago and for others it would be somewhere in the 70s or 80s.

The City 6-1 was a huge sting but it was a one time thing, there have been other terrible results like losing 4-1 to Boro and 5-0 to Chelsea but they were just temporary lapses. This feels like the culmination of so much, and it doesn't look like it will be the end.

Ole in the end will get the boot whether rightly or wrongly, but there is so much wrong at the club beyond OGS.

I can't remember feeling this hopeless as a United fan, there have been defeats, lost cup finals but this one hurts more than anything I can remember.
This and Palace are both up there, because they are defeats that show that we are a long way from being ready from the season, that the right decisions are not being made for United to succeed on the field, and that suggest that the manager’s somehow conspired to make his sacking an inevitability only three games into the season.

We’ve had some long seasons post-Fergie, this one may well drag the most.

MoskvaRed

The collapse in the title run in in 1992 was far worse (and worse than 95 or Aguero in 2012). Today was just further evidence for the prosecution.

dev1l

The collapse in the title run in in 1992 was far worse (and worse than 95 or Aguero in 2012). Today was just further evidence for the prosecution.
1992..those 3 games in 1 week.. fcuk the fa

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
The worst day of my United supporting life was the last day of the 2009 transfer window, as it was then final that United responded to Ronaldo leaving by signing Valencia, Obertan and Owen. No last-day move for Robben or something, no, it's just Valencia, Obertan and Owen.

It was at that time that it became perfectly clear to me what these owners would turn the club into.
Your worst day was a transfer window?

AaronRedDevil

This is a nothing game. The Man City match was much worse. Both CL final losses and Semi against Bayern are up there as the worst.

DevilRed

Worst day was losing to barcelona in the CL finals or the match where Nani got sent off against Madrid because it robbed SAF of the chance to win the CL. We were the better team and likely would have gotten to the final

LJJT

We’ve had worse. It’s 3 games in, looks terrible at the minute but long way to go and lots to be done to get out of this hole we are in.

dev1l

Worst day was losing to barcelona in the CL finals or the match where Nani got sent off against Madrid because it robbed SAF of the chance to win the CL. We were the better team and likely would have gotten to the final
The Nani card was a disgrace to refereeing - a Cekir masterpiece.
After that game he continued to be Real Madrid lucky charm basically every time he reffed them.

Later his services were appreciated by Uefa and they awarded him top games...

(I better stop here..:))

atticus finch

I went to Stamford Bridge for the last game of the '74 season. We were relegated and it was Charlton's last game. That was a bad day.

Enigma_87

You know who
Aguero winner was probably the worst.

Today is another meh day under the current management. I guess we're at the acceptance level.

We're due some drubbing from PSG so I wouldn't be surprised us reaching new low very soon.

Eli Zee

Well I don't often turn off a game before halftime, so this was up there.

Also, how does Lamela get away with hitting martial? I think both deserved either yellows, reds, or nothing... but to give martial a red while lamela gets away with nothing is pretty silly IMO. He essentially did the same thing as martial

Thebaldingbob

No. This is just a football match.
Doesn’t even come close to Munich air disaster, which happened when I was 10.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yeah there’s no way the day Liverpool ship 6 to Villa is the worst to be a United fan.

RedIan

Cant be cause villa are spanking the scousers 6-2 - and I’m wondering why we didnt get Grealish and feck Pogba off.

hobbers

Losing to Agueroooo still worse.

Also the day I knew we were officially hiring Moyes. That was a dark day.

Al-T

Have attacking players improved?

Or has the quality of defenders dropped so far?

Losing to Southampton. 1 May 1976. Low. But I was only 12.

SirMattlives

Not the worst. We played gutlessly and defended like clowns but it's game 3 of our season....and a crazy season too (look at the Villa Liverpool game right now). The issue is how isolated this is -- if we play better and keep playing better, this will be a blip we laugh at, or at least suppress the memory of later. If you remember some of the extended periods of dire stuff we played in the early-mid 70s, or some of fairly miserable games in Fergie's early years then you can get some context. If, however, we do play this badly again in the next month, I'll be really concerned about the psychology of the team. Bad games are traumatic in the near term (that cup final against Southampton, still wince) but today I just think is a weird confluence of events that we may not see repeated soon. Yes, I am a fan and an optimist....

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Nah. I'm quite numb nowadays, but even without that it wouldn't affect me quite as much.

City 6:1, Bayern 2009/10, Aguueeero etc. – just from the relatively recent history. Every day of Moyes' last month.

Last edited:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It's the day I've accepted that we won't be anywhere near a top club for a long long time. Especially under the current regime.
Yeah think I’m here.

We had the perfect platform to make a huge leap just a few weeks ago.

But the late summer of 2020 has been the most shambolic in living memory: players misbehaving pre season, shocking transfer window, team unfit for start of season, shamblic team displays, fans turning against the manager, owners and CEO untouchable.

not sure where go from here

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
It's been obvious for a long time that the owners of the club don't care. So today didn't really change my world view. Maybe a few others are waking up in the armchairs and that can only be a good thing.

Al-T

Well the result at Villa Park has cheered me up a bit.