Is this the worst day of your United supporting life? (Every cloud has a silver lining)

prateik

We were down to 10 when the score was 2-1.. How we played after being down to 10 was idiotic.. but hardly the worst day.. what the feck..
Shit day.. worst day under Ole for sure.. move on. forget it.

Great time for the international break.. We'll sign 3-4 players tomorrow.. plenty of time left in the season.

Cantonagotmehere

Today was an awful game, the scoreline, the capitulation, the defensive organizations (or lack of one), the red card, the lack of leadership, plus the fact we could/should have lost all three league games. I am concerned that if we continue to defend like that, the season could spiral quickly out of control. Scant consolation we are only 3 league games in, but still..

Worst day? No, not really, from the top of my head, I've felt worst.
Aguero, Nani red card vs Madrid, CL final 2009, losing to Leverkusen in 2002, FA Cup final 2005, Munich 2010, back to back 0-3 defeats against City and Liverpool under Moyes, number of games under LVG, Mourinho and Moyes, December 2015, the last few games of 2018/19, Mourinho's last game for us....

After the City 6-1 defeat, we won 8 out of the next 9 games with 7 clean sheets
I still curse that facking ref when I see him for what he did to Sir Alex. He had that one.

Today just makes me feel hopeless. Not sure how things will change.

redmanx

We were down to 10 when the score was 2-1.. How we played after being down to 10 was idiotic.. but hardly the worst day.. what the feck..

Great time for the international break.. We'll sign 3-4 players tomorrow.. plenty of time left in the season.
[/QUOTE Well said, it was a horrendous day but not the worst, now we have to come back from it. Hopefully Ole will give the back 4 the roasting they deserve and do the same to those in midfield who were so lax in their defensive duties. Then I hope Woodward resigns or is forced out as his inability or reluctance to sign players in this transfer window, and others, have left us bereft of quality; signing one player in as important a window as this was is simply not good enough and Woodward must go.

reelworld

Champions League exit at the hand of Dortmund in 97 is a personal worst. So many chances, 0 goal. It was Eric last match in Europe as well
Aguerooo is a close second

Jesse > Messi

1-6 when we lost to city at Old Trafford either that or the augero goal that sealed them the title, toss up between them two for myself. Still have nightmares about that goal

ExoduS

Hard from worse day ever, but this could be the worse season ever. I think we are (Man Utd fans) just getting knocked down and then kicked in the face last 7 or so years. Maybe it's the punishment of how we handled Moyes first season. I don't know. This is just getting bad. Our defense is so bad, like Serbian division B bad. We were horrendous at finishing last season and horrendous form is being carried into this season.

Wilt

Easily the night of Cantona’s Kung fu kick ....followed by the ridiculous 9 month ban

Fecking terrible times

starman

Lots of worst ones, but this was one of the most humiliating, like "please throw in the towel and make it stop" humiliating..

I remember, and don't remember.... us getting knocked out by Porto in the CL, also by Jose, and then proceed to get unbelievably drunk....which led to quite a few events that I would rather wish didnt happen and only have vague memories of.

TheLord

I am more positive than many posters in this thread. I think this is the timely kick in the backside that will see us recruit one or two reinforcements in the window, which we wouldn’t have otherwise. It is much better to be thrashed while the window is still open, than after it is shut.

Tarrou

Nah

I'd put the second Barca final and the City 6-1 above this. Probably Leverkusen too.

Worst since Ole though, certainly.

NICanRed

I am not a fan(atic). I am a SUPPORTER! Always have been (since 1957 or so) and always will be. Today was bleak although the Villians helped a little.
Don't we enjoy football because of the fact that we never know exactly what will happen. Sometimes we have the exhilaration of a win we didn't expect or deserve. This contrasts with the despondency with a bad loss. We've seen them all. We keep coming back because we love what Manchester United stands for. We will come back (although I'm not sure when!)
My recent worst moments - nothing eclipses Munich.
Aguerooo.
Drogba - off-side.
Nani - red card.

Reactions: Penna

NICanRed

Well I don't often turn off a game before halftime, so this was up there.

Also, how does Lamela get away with hitting martial? I think both deserved either yellows, reds, or nothing... but to give martial a red while lamela gets away with nothing is pretty silly IMO. He essentially did the same thing as martial
Not quite true! Lamela elbowed Martial in the throat (dangerous!) and Martial slapped him on the cheek (handbags!) Lamela should have got red for dangerous play and, I suppose, Martial - red for "retaliation". Two silly boys.

redmanx

I am more positive than many posters in this thread. I think this is the timely kick in the backside that will see us recruit one or two reinforcements in the window, which we wouldn’t have otherwise. It is much better to be thrashed while the window is still open, than after it is shut.
Theyre cutting it bloody fine.....again!

jackal&hyde

Yes. Very bad game with lots of problems, but it's just the beginning of the season and we are less fit then most ffs. We'll get fitter and be much better.

Worst time for me was finishing 7th with Moyes after being champions just one season prior. It felt unreal.

big rons sovereign

No, the 4-1 against city under Moyes. Was on my honeymoon and watched it in a bar.
The gormless shite had taken over the league champions and had them serving up utter dross.
I knew them that it was going to be a long time before we challenged for the title again.

Cardozo

This is what football is about. Yes it was horrendous but losing 2-1 or 6-1 doesn't have a huge impact on our season. If anything it may be the kick up the ass we needed.

The agueroooo goal was the one for me, but I also remember the porto goal and nani sending off. Getting battered is almost easier than getting beat by 1 in a big match.

Handsome Devil

That comical defending at "Fortress Old Trafford" was so utterly atrocious, you just have to laugh. I've seen 8 year old kids play with better understanding. But it's not the worst day ever for me because I dont have such high expectations anymore.
And thanks Jurgen for taking the sting out of it a bit.

redmanx

That comical defending at "Fortress Old Trafford" was so utterly atrocious, you just have to laugh. I've seen 8 year old kids play with better understanding. But it's not the worst day ever for me because I dont have such high expectations anymore.
And thanks Jurgen for taking the sting out of it a bit.
Yes, its not often I thank Liverpool for sparing our blushes!

norm87cro

Nope. Moyes made sure of that. In general the whole 13/14 campaign was much worse than yesterday

matsdf

Worst day? Haha, not even remotely close.

1-6 City, 1-4 Liverpool, 0-3 Liverpool/City Moyes season, 2x Barcelona CL finals, Nani sending off against Real, Aguero (maybe the worst of them all).

This time we had one defender just not showing up, and a ref doing what he can to ruin the game. We're only three games into the PL season, lots more to give.

SteveTheRed

Not the worse day, I mean we did get to see Villa slap 7 past Liverpool :lol:

For me it was just a bookmark in the decline of our club, it's been building up. We have done so poorly in this transfer window with everyone around us strengthening, it was just a matter of time before it was all brought to the front. You can just look at every club in the top 8 last year and they tried to improve themselves.

Spurs have done exactly what they needed to do this summer, finished 6th...bought players to improve them. Have give themselves a fighting chance to finish higher than 6th
Arsenal - Brought in a class CB, brough Saliba back permanent, proven PL winger WIllian on a free, Ceballos, kept Aubamayeng.
Chelsea - we all know what they have done.
Everton - big starting 11 players coming in that have improved them
Leicester - Fofana , Under, Castagne starting 11 players that are an improvement.

Liverpool and City and continued to keep recruitment as a top priority because they know if you sleep one Transfer Window you fall behind, our board haven't grasped that. We bought a very good CM but he will be fighting to try and get into a packed midfield already!

It's laughable that a big signing for us is a guy who has been a free agent since 1st July and we are getting it done on Deadline day.

FattyFooty

No.

This has been in the making. I'm not that surprised.

Our defence looks shady.

Our midfield looks nowhere to be seen.

Our attackers are not United standards.

Now that Nani red card game. That still stings.

Jeffthered

Sevilla at home under Jose was a real low because of the way we approached the game and his comments afterwards.
Good point of recall. That was a bad, terrible night for the club. Took a lot out of everyone, players, fans, former players, board... Jose at his very worst. Unforgivable.