Is this the worst it's been?

pascell

At least last season we had the hope of a new manager coming in and magically improving us. This is worse for me as I don't see any way out and the squad has arguably gotten even weaker from last season. And the hammerings at home from Liverpool and City are yet to come.
True, just have to hope we somehow stumble on the right players for the system and it clicks in a few games.

Shark

@NotShark
Can't wait for us to be linked with hundreds of players on Monday only for the club to do absolutely feck all.

Fitchett

Yes, the team that got relegated in 1974 had more fight than this lot. Lost a lot of games by the odd goal, not 4-0 drubbings.

James35

Can't wait for us to be linked with hundreds of players on Monday only for the club to do absolutely feck all.
This couldn’t be more true. Just clueless feckwits at this club from top to bottom.

Red Star One

“Ole at the wheel” by Liverpool fans felt worse. It’s only two games into the season too, abysmal start but it’s not over year huh

Paul778

This is the worst I've seen since i started supporting them in 77. Technically bereft players not playing as a team with little effort. No accountability or leaders on the field. Our captain is one of our worst players. I don't know how we solve it.

I’m loving my life

I genuinely hope we get relegated at this point.

Hopefully it leads to the parasites leaving and Murtough being sacked and us cutting the tumours out.

I can’t see ETH surviving but maybe we can still build from our roots to challenge in a few years time.

The Glazers have truly shafted us. I hate them. I hope they get what’s coming to them relative to their desecration of a piece of historical and cultural heritage for their own gain. The punishment for their actions should reflect the impact on a population who built their dreams in a north western city and supported and built an iconic football club. I hope their karma reflects what they have done.

Redlyn

Have we ever been bottom at any point after a match day in the modern day (fergie and beyond)

united for life

This is the worst I've seen since i started supporting them in 77. Technically bereft players not playing as a team with little effort. No accountability or leaders on the field. Our captain is one of our worst players. I don't know how we solve it.
no one does it seems. We are dysfunctional at all parts of the pitch. Not one player is worthy of wearing the shirt.

diarm

538 have us at a 7% chance to be relegated.

I seriously doubt it has ever been higher than <1% before.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
The season is over two games in

The squad is a total disaster

The ownership is a total disaster

There's no recovery in sight

Eddy_JukeZ

It could get worse.

We could easily have 0 points after 3 games and suffer another embarrassing defeat at Old Trafford vs Liverpool.

Swedish_Plumber

Somethings got to to give. Sadly it feels like that will more than likely be the club falling further than anything else.

It feels hopeless.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Yes...and it's only going to get worse with each passing game.

DSG

After watching this absolute shitshow, I decided I wasn’t going to watch another United match until we win.

Looking at the fixture list, we’ve got Liverpool, then away at Soton, away at Leicester, Arsenal at home, away to Crystal Palace, Leeds at home, then at City on October 2. Whew. Versus Everton on Oct 9, only because they as shitty as we are, is only one I feel decent about. Soton looks pretty bad as well, but with our inability to deal with the high press, away from home, I back them to score a couple on us at least. Leeds will get a draw against us, I’m sure of it.

I might be without football til mid October.

Hawks2008

It's never going to get better with the board and owners we've got. The likes of Fletcher, Arnold, Murtough being given the job of heading our football operations would never happen in a serious club. They still make a mint from us so they don't give a shit. Almost the entire playing group are not fit for purpose and we have engendered a losing culture by rewarding mediocrity and giving 'clean slates' season after season.

There is no paradise for us to escape too. This the reality of the club for the foreseeable future under this ownership.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Owners don't care
Players don't care
Sponsors wanting to end association with United
Old trafford falling apart

This club is dreadful.

hobbers

Premature saying this now because we all know where the needle is going on the 22nd.

croadyman

Its a steep learning curve for ETH. Some hubris on his part as well. We will be fine under him eventually. It will just take time.
Yeah if we give him that patience, just remember this isn’t the shaky days of Fergie where people stand by their managers

Esquire

Don’t think so. Wait till we get killed next week and zero points after 3 or 4 games. We will have some fun then.

Vapor trail

The problem is with the type of manager ETH it's going to require time for him to mould this team in the manner that he pleases. United simply don't have a multitude of finances to throw at the first team so that also makes the transition even longer. The good news is that it shows the players at their true capacity and the likes of Lingard going to forest is a signification that many of these players wouldn't even cut it at mid table teams. Maguire, Mctomminay, Fred, Dalot, Shaw's very close to this list keep an eye on what type of teams they join if having departed. The quality of the team is lacking significantly.

Last edited:

croadyman

That £80m price tag and captaincy is the reason we can't boot him straight out the door

Trequarista10

It could get worse.

We could easily have 0 points after 3 games and suffer another embarrassing defeat at Old Trafford vs Liverpool.
Tbh it's not the points that are the concern, it's the performances.

If against Liverpool we play well, show some commitment, see some adjustments, dont look completely clueless, but marginally lose, people would be more optimistic than they are now after losing 4-0 to Brentford.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Last season was the most hopeless waste of time season. Now it's just 100% frustration at the higher ups and 0% blame on the manager, and you feel something will have to give soon, but provided ten hag stays, i feel we'll get there eventually

redcucumber

The dizzying high of getting ten Hag a few months ago makes this abrupt and intense fall so much worse. It feels epochal.

Dr Foo

It will have to get worse before it gets better. Problems all over the pitch, squad much weaker than last season's which was already imbalanced. Terrible recruitment process where the balance between EtH's targets vs our own scouts' seem to be off, with no coherent plan or urgency to address problem areas.

Time will be needed to bed in a new playing style. From the very first piece of the puzzle - De Gea seems ill suited - does EtH persist or find a compromise between direct or possession based football?

Mentally the squad is very fragile. Last season would have scarred those who cared. When we go down, which characters are there to pick us up? Maguire needs to be taken out of the firing line to find himself again, De Gea is in decline unless he somehow adapts, Bruno's non existent, Ronaldo is the past.

Pray for some decent new signings and EtH to infuse some spark in next few weeks.. or bed in the young players with nothing to lose.

We need to be prepared to drop worse than last season as long as signs of progress with a progressive style is there

RedBanker

I love you Ole
The dizzying high of getting ten Hag a few months ago makes this abrupt and intense fall so much worse. It feels epochal.
Would he walk if no more players are signed and we expectedly lose 5-6 games consecutively?