Is Yaya Toure worth signing on a free ?

Sign Yaya Toure?

• Total voters

davidmichael

Just saw this on Sky Sports News,

http://www.skysports.com/share/11364150

With Carrick retiring and Fellaini maybe/hopefully off in the summer we may sign a couple of midfielders but with both full back positions also a priority and also maybe a right sided forward (if Martial goes) we won’t have the budget to sign two quality full backs, a quality midfielder and a right sided forward so is Yaya Toure worth signing on a free ?

James Peril

Why do you even bother, he is obviously going to MLS, China or somewhere more exotic than moving across town. He is 35 years next week, heavy, slow, not even close to being the same player anymore. Big no.

Raw

Definitely no. He's in decline and will ask for massive wages despite being a squad option.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Definitely not

iHicksy

I'd go for him to replace Fellaini....Can be used as an attacker when we need a goal and would be happy to sit on the bench.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Seriously? Do people even think before they post?

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
The only City players I would want is to sign is KDB and David Silva and that is pushing it.

Why sign a 35 year old past it midfielder on a free from our local rivals? Especially when the club could spend £300m in one window if it wanted.

Short answer: No.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I'd definitely go for it, ideal short-term replacement for Carrick in our midfield, if only for a few years.
...not.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
So let me get this straight.

Ronaldo? No thanks!
Bale? No thanks!
Rodriguez? No thanks!
Willian? No thanks!

Toure? Why not?

Ok. :houllier:

andyjgt1

Supports
Man City
I'd say no, but I'd rather anything than he have a USA-born child given that Pirlo, Schweinsteiger and Ronaldo all do and the USA could potentially freeload a quality team.

kidbob

He does fit in well with the tempo of football we are looking to play to be fair.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I reckon a straight swap for Pogba would be a great idea. You know you all want rid of him anyway....

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
I reckon now that Cantona has matured and slowed up a bit, CM might be his place, plus he could play out on the right, with his creativity, he could open doors against the teams that put 10 behind the ball.

Plus, no cake...