Isak Hansen-Aarøen | signs for Werner Bremen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Imagine getting the next Ødegaard while Ødegaard is still 21.

Hester_manc

Arøen:
I can not think of an English word where a letter sounds like an "ø". But an "ø" sounds a lot like the German "ö". As for example in the German word "öl".

Mickson

Arøen:
I can not think of an English word where a letter sounds like an "ø". But an "ø" sounds a lot like the German "ö". As for example in the German word "öl".
feck, so the best word in the world in Swedish (öl) is actually German?! With that said, I actually find it hard to pronounce his name. Is it Aröen? Seems like a lot of vowels (kinda like how you Danish people talk ;) )

Bratt

There’s a long article/interview with him on the official scandinavian supporter site (behind a pay wall), which is pleasing to read.
It says he’s always been a united supporter, but that’s not the main reason he chose united.

He was on trial at both Liverpool and United at the age of 13, and both clubs have tried their hardest making him their player, Everton tried as well, but none of the clubs could compare to the arrangements made by United.
It says Liverpool involved Klopp and promised him the moon (wrong idiom in this context, but that’s what the article uses), but everything about Uniteds arrangements were just simply better.

"United’s set up was simply better than what Liverpool and Everton came up with. I remember coming home from the first trial game with United, we looked at each other and said wow!"
"I’m a united fan myself, but that’s not what made me make my decision, it was more of a bonus. I know that a couple of more clubs were interested, but everything was so good at United, that’s why I chose them."

Cathy Ferguson

There’s a long article/interview with him on the official scandinavian supporter site (behind a pay wall), which is pleasing to read.
It says he’s always been a united supporter, but that’s not the main reason he chose united.

He was on trial at both Liverpool and United at the age of 13, and both clubs have tried their hardest making him their player, Everton tried as well, but none of the clubs could compare to the arrangements made by United.
It says Liverpool involved Klopp and promised him the moon (wrong idiom in this context, but that’s what the article uses), but everything about Uniteds arrangements were just simply better.

"United’s set up was simply better than what Liverpool and Everton came up with. I remember coming home from the first trial game with United, we looked at each other and said wow!"
"I’m a united fan myself, but that’s not what made me make my decision, it was more of a bonus. I know that a couple of more clubs were interested, but everything was so good at United, that’s why I chose them."
Why was it better?

Bratt

Why was it better?
Lots of small things I guess, the article mentions things like the whole family being taken care of, with VIP-lounge tickets every time they were in England, a clear and solid development plan, and postcards sent at Christmas.
It was all about the details, it says.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
How do you pronounce that last name?

Not seen anyone mention it yet, but in Norwegian, 2 A's are pronounces the same way as our Å.

As mentioned before, the ø is pronounced a bit like the u in burn, turn, cnut.
The å is like the o in goat, boat, deepthroat.

The girl in the video that turned half the Caf on, mentioned both those letters.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
She’s fecking buzzing
I thought it was Eddie Redmayne at first glance.

I'm assuming it's an insight into how different attractiveness is in different countries. I grew up in wales and girls that looked like that wouldn't have had much attention :confused:. I wouldn't go as hyperbolic as you have, but she's probably a 6/10.

Each to his/her/their own for those that are gushing, however.

Shaw Mee Tah Mané

I'm assuming it's an insight into how different attractiveness is in different countries. I grew up in wales and girls that looked like that wouldn't have had much attention :confused:.
Same in Norway, not one head would turn.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
What the hell is happening here :lol:

Need a thread title edit. He is 16 now.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Thanks for sharing..

We're run very well at youth level with all the scouts and head of development pulling in the same direction. So it's pleasing to hear the praise from the young man regarding our setup at youth level which is run fantastically well under Butt and now Cox.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Full interview here.. If someone would care to translate the article then that would be much appreciated.

klayton88

I'm already convinced he's better than Lingard. Looks promising. Look forward to following his development.

lysglimt

Scout
Not seen anyone mention it yet, but in Norwegian, 2 A's are pronounces the same way as our Å.

As mentioned before, the ø is pronounced a bit like the u in burn, turn, cnut.
The å is like the o in goat, boat, deepthroat.

The girl in the video that turned half the Caf on, mentioned both those letters.
I would say the best example of Ø is the french word "eau" - which most brits know how to pronounce. And I guess we should tell them that his first-name is pronounced "E-sak" not "I-sak"

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I would say the best example of Ø is the french word "eau" - which most brits know how to pronounce. And I guess we should tell them that his first-name is pronounced "E-sak" not "I-sak"
Cute that you think the Brits knows words in other languages :lol:
I felt the cnut one fits very well!

E-sak is probably better, yeah :p

lysglimt

Scout
It's paywalled, unfortunately.
Oh joy - this was fun...NOT

- I'm a United fan, but that was not why I chose United

Here is the fascinating story of the youngster who becomes United's ninth Norwegian, and who was in no doubt about the United election despite the fact that several of Europe's biggest clubs were far behind him.

- What did I do when I realized that I was going to become a United player? At least Mom said I could buy what I wanted. A slightly modest Isak Hansen-Aarøen grins as he chews on a piece of burger in the center of Tromsø. - And what happened? - Clothes. Not football clothes, not training clothes, but at least a cool sweater. The United supporter meets the 15-year-old and his coach, Jonas Johansen, two months before the United adventure really starts on 22 August. It's the day Isaac turns 16. It is the day it has been decided that he will travel to England. And it is the day when he will leave Tromsø, his parents, little sister, little brother and friends to tackle the football dream abroad alone - as United's ninth Norwegian throughout history. He has good reason to smile where he sits. United have enormous faith in him, and he is guaranteed three years as a United player. First one year as an apprentice. So two years as a professional, with all the benefits it gives a still very young boy, also on the salary account. However, this story is not just about Isak Hansen-Aarøen. It is also about the man who has spent hundreds of hours with him over the past year, and who sits right next to him at the restaurant table - Jonas Johansen, longtime Tromsø and Tippeliga player and the son of the legendary Trond "Slegga" Johansen. He is the one who has been responsible for making Hansen-Aarøen as ready for the United adventure as possible. He is the one who sends detailed training plans for approval in United. He is the one who has been on longer talks with both Les Parry, occasionally Ole Gunnar Solskjær and not least U18 coach Neil Ryan.

One of the most fascinating things about the United transfer, however, is the targeted plans that have been in place for a long time already. United have followed him closely since he was 12, were sure they wanted him when he was 14, and thus secured his signature before he turned 15.

Despite the coronavirus and a weekday in Tromsø, 2104 kilometers as the crow flies from Manchester, it means a long way to go that the youngster already has one year of training behind him as a United player.

This means, for example, that the strength training he has completed in recent months in Tromsø is exactly the same as the United players have completed in Manchester. Why? Yes, of course for the transition to just that when he lands in Manchester in August to be as smooth as possible.

For each and every week and month, there are also reports back to Manchester about what has been done and further focus areas.

VERY SELF-CRITICAL
After each match, Isak himself and coach Jonas have sent reporting forms back to Manchester where they have assessed his performance in various areas, in everything from passing games, overview and all other possible areas.

In each and every area, they have also - independently of each other - given Isaac a very specific character.

- What was it like to do something like that for a 15-year-old?

- I think he was very critical of himself in the beginning. He was quite low in some areas that I thought he did well in. Then it was about watching video clips to make him aware that what he did was actually quite good, says Johansen.

Isak's real self-feedback after an early match against Skjervøy. Gradually, they became much more comprehensive.

COMPARED TO MATA
Hansen-Aarøen has also been in several web meetings with the United Academy's mental coach, Danny Ransom. Preparations and visualization have been worked on there.

To give the United youngsters a greater understanding of how close or even how far away from the first team they may be, everyone is given one task: Evaluate yourself against a current first team player at United.

- As an offensive and creative midfielder, Isak has therefore compared himself to Juan Mata, Johansen says.

Again, it is about assessing himself and giving himself a grade from 1 to 10 in 15 different categories, but at the same time he should also give Mata a grade of the same.

- Then you could, for example, give Mata 9 or 10 for an overview. If Isak gave himself a 7er on the same then he understands that he has to work more with it.

- At the same time, Isak is already now perhaps as fast as - or faster than Mata - and then it also emerges. But how tough is Mata mentally? How does he react in the face of adversity during battles? There are also some of the categories that are considered.

- In that way, you can reflect a little on the fact that you may not be that far away, or also get an understanding of what kind of skills must be at the bottom or be in place to succeed, says Johansen

Has he even given any 1st or 2nd?

- He is not a great head player, but at the same time he is a player in a position that will never go much in head duels. It is not he who will go in the duel on the kick-off. Therefore, we can not spend so much time on exactly that. The focus with the head game is instead to get after into the box and then be able to finish on the head.

- In the same way, the tackling game is not his greatest strength, but he must master the transition from attack to defense, and being nimble enough to get in position so that he does not have to tackle, Johansen continues.

During one of many visits to Manchester, Isak was also tested with VR glasses. This is something United do to an even greater extent to understand why the players make the choices they make on the pitch, and not least: Get an overview of who actually has the best overview.

- There I also know that Isak was far ahead in the tests, says Johansen.

During a tournament in Hong Kong in 2018, when Hansen-Aarøen was only 13 years old, the academy players were also mentally tested via the exercise "to stand on a plank". One thing was the actual implementation and the winner, but United really followed most of the body language of each player.

What appeared to be a physical test was actually a mental test to test winning instinct, will and skill. Who just wanted to avoid the last place? How did you react when someone gave up? How did you react when it came to light?

The United supporter knows that Hansen-Aarøen also scored at the top.

- NOT FAR FROM HANNIBAL
These are just a few of the many reasons why United have already been lying flat for several years after the boy who until now has lived only a medium stone's throw from Alfheim Stadium in Tromsø. Of course, the most important thing was the football qualities.

- I have never seen anyone of the same age who is as good, says Johansen.

- When he was only 14 years old, he started to be close to being able to train with Tromsø's 2nd team. We knew he had skills, but were excited about the physical and how he would adapt to the level.

- After only two or three training sessions, we realized that this was something very special. It was about the way he just dealt with, that he wanted the ball all the time and was not afraid to do the same as he had done on the C and D team, the coach eagerly explains and continues:

- His main strength is the timing in when to play the ball further. He can lead the ball towards the opponent, and almost always releases it at the right time. It is something that is difficult to train on, but which he has developed himself.

- That's what United have seen. He is a player who creates imbalance, who can pull people off, create superiority and who has an insane timing.

- Many see Hannibal Mejbri as the big player in United's academy, but my assessment after joining Carrington is that Isak is not far away from him in level.

- Can I quote you on that?

- Yes. They are the same types in the same roles, but Isak is probably better than him in his ability to adapt from attack to defense, says Johansen

LIVERPOOL RELEASED RED CARPET
United have had control of Hansen-Aarøen since 2016 when Isak was 12 years old, thanks to the club's then Norwegian scout, Mathias Haugaasen.

There have been glowing reports back to Manchester about the qualities, but when United centrally receive such reports, the club always wants to obtain another assessment by also sending another scout to look at the youngster.

This took time to achieve.

In the summer of 2017, still only 12 years old, however, Isak played for Tromsø's boys' team in the elite tournament Audi Cup in Copenhagen. There they took a very strong bronze in competition with the Nordic region's best team in that age group.

Isaac excelled.

Tom Høgli, former Norwegian A national team player and longtime foreign professional, played for FC Copenhagen at the time, and got to see some of the matches.

- I remember Isak very well.

- He really did exactly what he wanted. Especially against Malmö, which they beat 2-1. It was actually fascinating to see his control and drive with the ball. It is three years ago and he was not the old boy, but I remember that I thought he already had a mature football head, Høgli says to the United supporter.

Liverpool's Scandinavian scout was also on the sidelines, and he thus sent home another recommendation for the Norwegian youngster.

He also promised the Hansen-Aarøen family to follow closely.

Shortly afterwards, after watching a streamed G14 match between Troms / Finnmark and Telemark (Norwegian regions), where Hansen-Aarøen served three goal-scoring passes, Liverpool invited him over to England.

United also reacted, which had long ago established contact with the family.

When the trial game in Liverpool was confirmed, there was also an invitation from United.

It all ended with the only 13-year-old Tromsø boy staying in England for a whole month on trial for the two clubs.

UNITED'S PRESENTATION WAS BEST
However, United were full professionals in all their follow-up.

The driver was waiting inside the airport with a sign that said "Isak Hansen-Aarøen". In United, they got VIP accommodation with dining when the first team played a game every single time when the family was over in Manchester in connection with the young boy's various training stays.

Almost every day during their stay in Manchester, United also had a plan that the family could follow together.

A clear development plan was also laid out, and at Christmas a postcard came to Tromsø where they wished him and his family a Merry Christmas.

Absolutely every detail was taken care of.

Although Liverpool also presented the red carpet, Jürgen Klopp was involved and promised almost gold and green forests there, so in the end they could not compete with United's scheme and the relationship United already had in place with Isak and the family.

- I grew up as a Manchester United fan because of my dad, and since I was 13 I have had regular contact with them. It is mom and dad who have fixed everything, but we were in contact with them for several months before the first test game. United took us on everything, and fixed the best they could for us. We talked a bit about it at home before we made the decision, but then we decided that United was the club for me.

- United's plan was simply better than what Liverpool and Everton came up with. I remember that when we came home from the first trial game with United we just said "wow" to each other

Everton were also an option, but when the Norwegian and his family were ready to be picked up at the airport, the club's driver would not drive into the airport area to pick them up since it would cost him 2 pounds.

It goes without saying that it did not give the best first impression

I'm a United fan myself, but that was not what I did. That was more of an added plus. I know that a couple of other clubs have also been interested, but everything was so good in United. That is why I chose them, says Hansen-Aarøen to the United supporter.

MANY TROMSØ VISITS
After several training stays and a tournament with United's G16 team in Hong Kong as a 13-year-old, the transfer finally went through in May 2019, even though he could not travel to Manchester until he turns 16 this August.

- I knew that it would be like that for a long time before it happened, but the day I signed I just walked around and smiled all day, Hansen Aarøen says to the United Supporter.

- I certainly spent some time understanding that I should actually do this and not least how sick it really is.

It says a lot about United's work at the academy level nowadays - and Hansen-Aarøen's talent - that the club has been to Tromsø a number of times to get to know him, his family and those around him extra well.

All simply to be able to travel back to England and find the right host family for him. Hansen-Aarøen travels to England alone to stay with a host family together with another foreign U18 player.

There he will be able to walk the short way to school and together with the other academy players he will be driven back and forth to training a driver with a minibus. Everyday life will thus really be like home. He gets his own room, but shares a bathroom, kitchen, living room and everything with the host family and the other player.

Far from any luxury, that is.

At the same time, United have made everything possible for visits from home.

- I think I will enjoy myself, I, Hansen-Aarøen smiling.

- I will probably miss being home, but to put it this way: I do not think I will call my mother to say that I want to go home.

- Mom and Dad obviously think this is a bit tough, but I have known about it for a while. I feel ready. I can also have them visit Manchester whenever we want. United has its own apartment for us that we can use and also arranges airline tickets, he continues

However, his further days at Carrington are not open to everyone. Not for the parents either. The focus is only on football and the players' development.

When Isak arrives in Manchester in August, however, it will soon be like a better prepared football player than the other academy players. As part of Tromsø's A-team, he has been able to train full contact for a couple of months already. He has also played a few games in the OBOS league, while United's U18 and U23 teams first returned to training in smaller groups in the last week of July.

When Hansen-Aarøen trained fully and played counting matches against adult men at the second highest level in Norway, United's U18 players in England at the end of July were still waiting to know when they can train again with full contact. Matches were, of course, even further away.

THREE LARGE FOCUS AREAS

However, Hansen-Aarøen has also been able to do adapted training with Tromsø's A- and B-teams and own training with Jonas Johansen for over a year, most recently also during the corona break.

The level of detail is impressive.

After the United Supporter was presented with the plan in a meeting room at Alfheim, it is easy to acknowledge that the focus areas sound very sensible.

As a United journalist, it is also fair to admit that it was difficult not to be impressed - and extremely excited - about how things are going at United for the next three years.

- There have been three focus areas, says Johansen.

- The most important thing has been the total load, but at the same time it has been about developing skills as well as culture and language.

There were details about this plan Johansen presented to the United trio Les Parry (player developer), Steve Higham (academy secretary) and Dave Bushell (education manager for the academy players) when they arrived in Tromsø just after Hansen-Aarøen's signature was in the box last year.

- From my side, it was about how he could be best prepared for what awaited him when he moved to England. United were satisfied, and since the summer of 2019 we have had a very close collaboration with the United Academy, says Johansen who is daily connected to NTG in Tromsø.

- I have talked weekly with representatives from the club. Lately more and more with Neil Ryan, who becomes Isak's coach on the U18 team

The most important thing was to take care of the total load, something many people can probably understand.

- He has been eligible to play for four teams in Tromsø and also the national team and everything via circuit and zone collections. Then it says itself that there has been a period of great strain. We have also worked with accountability, to make him dare to say that he is actually tired.

- You can try to imagine yourself in his shoes. He is a young boy who loves football and really just wants to play all the time. At the same time, he is captain of the national team and sold to Manchester United. He will of course be the best he can be every time he puts on football boots.

- At the same time we must keep in mind that he must be challenged to take a level, and his skills, the way he trained, indicated already last summer that he should have been at Tromsø B all the time, but at the same time he also had to get allowed to be good at your own level. Of course, he also occasionally had to be with his friends, the ones he goes to school with. We have tried to adapt it as best we can.

It was decided to prioritize matches for Tromsø's 2nd team in the 3rd division. The goal was six games in the 3rd division in the autumn season last year. The goal was also a couple of weekly training sessions with the A-team and the national team gatherings. At the same time, in an attempt to protect him a little, it was decided to drop so-called circuit and zone collections.

COULD BE THE YOUNGEST
When the autumn was over, however, Isak had been so good that he ended up with a double-digit number of matches for Tromsø's 2nd team in the 3rd division. In addition, he trained regularly with the A-team, even though it had not really been a main goal.

- But we saw quickly that it could be possible, says Johansen.

- We have still mostly stayed during two games a week, but it was a pity that he did not make his debut in 2019, he says and shakes his head slightly.

Martin Ødegaard is the youngest Tippeliga player ever, after making his debut in 2014 at just 15 years and 118 days old.

In Tromsø, there were many who were waiting for the club to break that record by sending out Isak Hansen-Aarøen at the end of last season, but since the club desperately fought to avoid relegation, coach Simo Valakari chose differently.

Then Isaac had beaten Ødegaard, yes. That was the coaching team's assessment, but it does not have to be the right one.

- It could have been that it gave a boost and optimism to a Tromsø team that was not bad at all. In addition, it could have been a record we could have been proud of, says Johansen.

- It would have been fun to have that record, says Hansen-Aarøen himself a little cautiously.

FOCUS ON FIRST TOUCH
Despite the lack of a record, the 15-year-old continued to develop. According to Johansen, he understood more and more what was important.

Instead of going from Tromsø training, home, eating dinner and then going on the loop with his friends for a couple of hours, he became aware of sleep, rest and eating right. Eventually he also dared to say when he was tired, which was crucial for a young boy who trained with and against grown men in the field, but also in the strength room, where it is of course hopeless for a 15-year-old to follow the level of experienced Elite Series players.

In addition, the two have worked very consciously to develop skills.

- He already has a high level of skills, but since he is a creative midfielder, we have had an extreme focus on first touch. This was something he was already good at, but we found out together that it would be an extreme skill, Johansen explains.

A very concrete example of this is that when the corona fear was at its worst in the world this winter, the two had to borrow a squash hall. There Johansen used a football which he knocked into the walls while Hansen-Aarøen was to get control of his first touch as soon as possible.

- Otherwise, we have used a lot of video to see if he can be more dangerous, and worked with the transition from the offensive to the defensive. We often see that young players are good at switching from defensive to offensive, but it is not so easy to do the same the other way around, he explains.

A good part of this learning takes place by watching video clips of previous matches. In addition, Johansen has used a number of more relevant clips, namely by United players.

It's about showing the overview of Carrick, Paul Pogba's expertise, Juan Mata and the other types of players who operate from the same place on the pitch as Isak.

There has also been extra focus on speed in the first 10-15 meters and various so-called core programs, which will also improve coordination. However, the two have not been so concerned with isolated tests and setting concrete records on them.

- If you know in an exercise that you are going to turn right or left, then your head is prepared for that. Our focus has rather been as many exercises as possible with one hundred percent effort, but where you do not know where the ball comes or which way you have to turn. The focus has thus been reaction and instinct.

- I think it is the future, says Johansen.

- We can rather give predetermined trails to the athletes.

To prevent the body and head from turning free, for example every Tuesday, they have also been conscious of periodising so that no two weeks are the same.

UNITED IN ENGLISH CLASSES
One of the most interesting things Johansen has done over the last year, from a United supporter's point of view, is perhaps the weekly English lessons with Isak.

It has not been about Winston Churchill, Shakespeare, William the Conqueror or the English Royal Family. Instead, it has been about United history, the Munich tragedy, the 1999 Champions League final and to take something very specific: Nicky Butt.

When Hansen-Aarøen 13 years old traveled to Hong Kong with the U16 team, there were several conversations with Butt, but how should a boy born in 2004 know anything special about who started as a midfielder in the Champions League final five years before he was born ?

Well, now he knows.

- We have seen films, made timelines and seen a lot of what the players who are now there, like Marcus Rashford and Jesse Lingard, tell about their upbringing.

- During the corona crisis, we have looked more closely at how Rashford has also worked with school food, and when Isak has been over in Manchester himself, he has seen how Rashford is, that he comes over to look at the young boys at the academy, says hello and beats of a chat. Jesse Lingard has done the same.

- The interesting thing is that Isak seems to have understood that this is about the United DNA, that playing for Manchester United is about more than the 90 minutes you are on the pitch, that being a United player means that you become part of something bigger

- I am a United supporter myself, but there are many who believe that if you travel abroad, it is only pointed elbows, that you are alone. But I have to say one thing: At United we have been received insanely well, especially by the other young boys.

- They are very educated that everyone works towards the same goal, and the United philosophy is really quite simple: If you get into the heat of the club, you give one hundred percent, then they take care of you and then increase the chances of success . I think Isak has also realized that the club is really only asking for one hundred percent from him, the coach emphasizes.

- When you are young and start earning some money, it is easy to start doing things that do not necessarily help you on the field, but Isak seems very clear that he travels to Manchester to play football. He does not travel to Manchester to be known on social media. Football is the focus. I think it's a very healthy entrance.

- I must also mention another thing that has impressed me.

- Here in Norway, the focus is sometimes really exclusively on the first team, but in United, first team coach Kieran McKenna or assistant manager Mike Phelan are almost always present at U18 and U23 training sessions. They seem very aware of that. They understand that it is the next generation of first team players, and it is easy to imagine that the effort from the guys increases a few percent of that.

TOP INTERNATIONAL LEVEL
Isak Hansen-Aarøen's own entrance into football life started with one year in Fløya, since it was possible to start there as a football player earlier than in Tromsø. The rest, until the United transfer, however, has been in Tromsø, where he has always been good.

- At least that's what I've been told, he says with a smile.

- I scored about ten goals in the same match sometimes when I was younger. I also remember that there was once a match where we won an insane amount, but otherwise I do not remember much other than that it was one season where we only conceded two goals.

June 17, 2019, only 14 years old, he got his first senior match for Tromsø, when he got 90 minutes for Tromsø 2 in a 3rd division match against Lillestrøm's second team. In January 2020, 15 years old, he finally got his first match for Tromsø's A-team in a training match, when he came on as a substitute at the position 0-0 at the break against the 4th division club Skarp. Three minutes into the second half, he made it 1-0 himself. A little later he then served a goal-scorer in the 4-0 victory

Only a month later he was central when he as team captain scored three goals for Norway when the G16 national team lost 4-6 to Slovakia.

- I understand very well that United would sign Isak, says national team coach Jan Peder Jalland to the United Supporter.

- His performance on the national team with me has been at a top international level. We have many talented players, but he has shown a very strong mentality. His ability to deal with adversity during battles means that he has emerged as a clear leader, he continues.

- If you want to be good, you also have to learn fast, and Isak has a very high learning speed.

- We had a gathering in January where he ended up in quite a few situations in between, but without getting enough out of them. Afterwards, video was used, there was a focus on training and his response when we played international matches at La Manga the month after was that it just said bang. It was a counting result with three goals, says the national team coach and continues:

- He is also a very good boy, well liked by the others, which is also important here. Part of this is the football player Isak. Another part is the man Isaac. Yes, they may be closely related, but Isaac must also be the boy Isaac. If he is humble and hardworking, he will develop further, and I believe he will do so.

HAS PLAYED AT OLD TRAFFORD
This summer, July 6, still only 15 years old, he finally got his first counting match for Tromsø's A-team, when he was replaced at the end of the 2-0 victory away against Kongsvinger.

However, he was only ten years old when he played his first game at Old Trafford.

- There was a football school in Tromsø, and me and my friend were there. There were a lot of different exercises, and you got points for each of them. I did not even know that you could win a trip to Manchester, but I got such high points that I joined. Suddenly my mother was standing there with some papers and said we were going to Manchester.

- In Manchester, it was a series of training sessions with people from all over the world, and it was also a small match for us at Old Trafford.

- We actually also got a small square with grass from Old Trafford, but I managed to lose it on the way home, he chuckles.

In March, during the last training stay before the coronavirus stopped the world, it was another great experience.

- Then I got the chance in a training match with the U23 team.

- James Garner played. Aidan Barlow too. They tried out a new formation with three men behind and I came in the last half hour as one of two strikers. My job was to be an oncoming striker. It ended 0-0, but it went well. I had a good time.

Prior to that, he had completed several sessions with the G18 team. He also followed them towards the match to see how everything works, and learned that even at G18 level, you as a player get a detailed review of the players they will face in the upcoming match.

As a Norwegian, there have of course also been regular meetings with Ole Gunnar Solskjær, even though everything with this transition actually happened completely regardless of the Norwegian becoming United manager.

- I usually have a dinner with him when I'm over, but the most fun is every time he calls us home. He has called mum a couple of times, and every time he calls she is completely confused, he says with a grin.

- But you, then? What is it like to suddenly talk to and meet players like Pogba and Rashford?

- It's cool, then, he says.

- I have got a particularly good impression of Marcus Rashford. He seems like a very ok guy. When I played for the U23 team, he came over to see the end of the match. Afterwards he greeted everyone, and said "well played" and things like that

WANTED TO HIJACK THE TRANSFER
However, it was not a matter of course that it would be United. As mentioned, Everton and Liverpool were in the picture. Italian Juventus and German Bayern Munich were also interested.

The Germans are said to have tried a bid which, according to what the United supporter has heard, could have given Tromsø tens of millions if he had succeeded there, which is significantly more than the millions Tromsø can get if the young boy succeeds at Old Trafford.

However, it came too late. United was already selected.

Johansen has now reviewed Hansen-Aarøen's plan, and we look beyond Alfheim a couple of short weeks before the league starts in the Obos league on this June day.

Hansen-Aarøen is perhaps most of all a natural 10er, but he has worked hard to get him to be able to take on more roles in the midfield. This Wednesday, he holds the 6er role on one team.

Why does he succeed or fail in Manchester, Jonas?

- The skills are in place. Then it's about humility and willingness to learn.

- I'm not worried that he will not work hard, but when things get better and better, when you feel that things are sitting, that is when he must know that he must work even harder. He may get the chance to train with the first team eventually, and that is when he must understand that it is the trigger to work even harder. This is not when you should relax.

- He must focus on football, and listen to the coaches who only want his best. Then there is talk of giving one hundred percent. It's really very simple. It is not a miracle cure, but at the same time we know that simplicity can be the most difficult.

- Everyone knows how to lose weight, but the job must be done.

- Isaac, however, knows what opportunity he has been given, and he knows what is required.

- If he does not have the level inside after giving one hundred percent for three years then it is not meant to be, but he will have a great career anyway. You can not always protect yourself from injuries, but the frames around - everything is now in place, says Johansen while Hansen-Aarøen sprinkles a pass out to the wing.

Afterwards I just have to ask the young boy himself.

- What is your dream at United?

- To get on the A-team as soon as possible.

- In two years, when I am 17-18 years old, the goal must be to train hard with the first team and also get to play a little for them, he says offensively.

Good luck, Isaac

SteveW

Everton were also an option, but when the Norwegian and his family were ready to be picked up at the airport, the club's driver would not drive into the airport area to pick them up since it would cost him 2 pounds.
This killed me. :lol: Pure scouse

Thanks for putting that together. Interesting insight into youth development at United. I look forward to seeing how the kid progresses. Looks a talent

lysglimt

Scout
Interesting to see that Rashford made a good impression on the kids as well

Matriac

Here is the fascinating story of the youngster who becomes United's ninth Norwegian, and who was in no doubt about the United election despite the fact that several of Europe's biggest clubs were far behind him.

- What did I do when I realized that I was going to become a United player? At least Mom said I could buy what I wanted. A slightly modest Isak Hansen-Aarøen grins as he chews on a piece of burger in the center of Tromsø. - And what happened? - Clothes. Not football clothes, not training clothes, but at least a cool sweater. The United supporter meets the 15-year-old and his coach, Jonas Johansen, two months before the United adventure really starts on 22 August. It's the day Isaac turns 16. It is the day it has been decided that he will travel to England. And it is the day when he will leave Tromsø, his parents, little sister, little brother and friends to tackle the football dream abroad alone - as United's ninth Norwegian throughout history. He has good reason to smile where he sits. United have enormous faith in him, and he is guaranteed three years as a United player. First one year as an apprentice. So two years as a professional, with all the benefits it gives a still very young boy, also on the salary account. However, this story is not just about Isak Hansen-Aarøen. It is also about the man who has spent hundreds of hours with him over the past year, and who sits right next to him at the restaurant table - Jonas Johansen, longtime Tromsø and Tippeliga player and the son of the legendary Trond "Slegga" Johansen. He is the one who has been responsible for making Hansen-Aarøen as ready for the United adventure as possible. He is the one who sends detailed training plans for approval in United. He is the one who has been on longer talks with both Les Parry, occasionally Ole Gunnar Solskjær and not least U18 coach Neil Ryan.

One of the most fascinating things about the United transfer, however, is the targeted plans that have been in place for a long time already. United have followed him closely since he was 12, were sure they wanted him when he was 14, and thus secured his signature before he turned 15.

Despite the coronavirus and a weekday in Tromsø, 2104 kilometers as the crow flies from Manchester, it means a long way to go that the youngster already has one year of training behind him as a United player.

This means, for example, that the strength training he has completed in recent months in Tromsø is exactly the same as the United players have completed in Manchester. Why? Yes, of course for the transition to just that when he lands in Manchester in August to be as smooth as possible.

For each and every week and month, there are also reports back to Manchester about what has been done and further focus areas.

VERY SELF-CRITICAL
After each match, Isak himself and coach Jonas have sent reporting forms back to Manchester where they have assessed his performance in various areas, in everything from passing games, overview and all other possible areas.

In each and every area, they have also - independently of each other - given Isaac a very specific character.

- I think he was very critical of himself in the beginning. He was quite low in some areas that I thought he did well in. Then it was about watching video clips to make him aware that what he did was actually quite good, says Johansen.

Isak's real self-feedback after an early match against Skjervøy. Gradually, they became much more comprehensive.

COMPARED TO MATA
Hansen-Aarøen has also been in several web meetings with the United Academy's mental coach, Danny Ransom. Preparations and visualization have been worked on there.

To give the United youngsters a greater understanding of how close or even how far away from the first team they may be, everyone is given one task: Evaluate yourself against a current first team player at United.

- As an offensive and creative midfielder, Isak has therefore compared himself to Juan Mata, Johansen says.

Again, it is about assessing himself and giving himself a grade from 1 to 10 in 15 different categories, but at the same time he should also give Mata a grade of the same.

- Then you could, for example, give Mata 9 or 10 for an overview. If Isak gave himself a 7er on the same then he understands that he has to work more with it.

- At the same time, Isak is already now perhaps as fast as - or faster than Mata - and then it also emerges. But how tough is Mata mentally? How does he react in the face of adversity during battles? There are also some of the categories that are considered.

- In that way, you can reflect a little on the fact that you may not be that far away, or also get an understanding of what kind of skills must be at the bottom or be in place to succeed, says Johansen

- He is not a great head player, but at the same time he is a player in a position that will never go much in head duels. It is not he who will go in the duel on the kick-off. Therefore, we can not spend so much time on exactly that. The focus with the head game is instead to get after into the box and then be able to finish on the head.

- In the same way, the tackling game is not his greatest strength, but he must master the transition from attack to defense, and being nimble enough to get in position so that he does not have to tackle, Johansen continues.

During one of many visits to Manchester, Isak was also tested with VR glasses. This is something United do to an even greater extent to understand why the players make the choices they make on the pitch, and not least: Get an overview of who actually has the best overview.

During a tournament in Hong Kong in 2018, when Hansen-Aarøen was only 13 years old, the academy players were also mentally tested via the exercise "to stand on a plank". One thing was the actual implementation and the winner, but United really followed most of the body language of each player.

What appeared to be a physical test was actually a mental test to test winning instinct, will and skill. Who just wanted to avoid the last place? How did you react when someone gave up? How did you react when it came to light?

- NOT FAR FROM HANNIBAL
These are just a few of the many reasons why United have already been lying flat for several years after the boy who until now has lived only a medium stone's throw from Alfheim Stadium in Tromsø. Of course, the most important thing was the football qualities.

- When he was only 14 years old, he started to be close to being able to train with Tromsø's 2nd team. We knew he had skills, but were excited about the physical and how he would adapt to the level.

- After only two or three training sessions, we realized that this was something very special. It was about the way he just dealt with, that he wanted the ball all the time and was not afraid to do the same as he had done on the C and D team, the coach eagerly explains and continues:

- His main strength is the timing in when to play the ball further. He can lead the ball towards the opponent, and almost always releases it at the right time. It is something that is difficult to train on, but which he has developed himself.

- That's what United have seen. He is a player who creates imbalance, who can pull people off, create superiority and who has an insane timing.

- Many see Hannibal Mejbri as the big player in United's academy, but my assessment after joining Carrington is that Isak is not far away from him in level.

- Yes. They are the same types in the same roles, but Isak is probably better than him in his ability to adapt from attack to defense, says Johansen

United have had control of Hansen-Aarøen since 2016 when Isak was 12 years old, thanks to the club's then Norwegian scout, Mathias Haugaasen.

There have been glowing reports back to Manchester about the qualities, but when United centrally receive such reports, the club always wants to obtain another assessment by also sending another scout to look at the youngster.

In the summer of 2017, still only 12 years old, however, Isak played for Tromsø's boys' team in the elite tournament Audi Cup in Copenhagen. There they took a very strong bronze in competition with the Nordic region's best team in that age group.

Isaac excelled.

Tom Høgli, former Norwegian A national team player and longtime foreign professional, played for FC Copenhagen at the time, and got to see some of the matches.

- He really did exactly what he wanted. Especially against Malmö, which they beat 2-1. It was actually fascinating to see his control and drive with the ball. It is three years ago and he was not the old boy, but I remember that I thought he already had a mature football head, Høgli says to the United supporter.

Liverpool's Scandinavian scout was also on the sidelines, and he thus sent home another recommendation for the Norwegian youngster.

Shortly afterwards, after watching a streamed G14 match between Troms / Finnmark and Telemark (Norwegian regions), where Hansen-Aarøen served three goal-scoring passes, Liverpool invited him over to England.

When the trial game in Liverpool was confirmed, there was also an invitation from United.

It all ended with the only 13-year-old Tromsø boy staying in England for a whole month on trial for the two clubs.

The driver was waiting inside the airport with a sign that said "Isak Hansen-Aarøen". In United, they got VIP accommodation with dining when the first team played a game every single time when the family was over in Manchester in connection with the young boy's various training stays.

Almost every day during their stay in Manchester, United also had a plan that the family could follow together.

A clear development plan was also laid out, and at Christmas a postcard came to Tromsø where they wished him and his family a Merry Christmas.

Although Liverpool also presented the red carpet, Jürgen Klopp was involved and promised almost gold and green forests there, so in the end they could not compete with United's scheme and the relationship United already had in place with Isak and the family.

- I grew up as a Manchester United fan because of my dad, and since I was 13 I have had regular contact with them. It is mom and dad who have fixed everything, but we were in contact with them for several months before the first test game. United took us on everything, and fixed the best they could for us. We talked a bit about it at home before we made the decision, but then we decided that United was the club for me.

- United's plan was simply better than what Liverpool and Everton came up with. I remember that when we came home from the first trial game with United we just said "wow" to each other

I'm a United fan myself, but that was not what I did. That was more of an added plus. I know that a couple of other clubs have also been interested, but everything was so good in United. That is why I chose them, says Hansen-Aarøen to the United supporter.

MANY TROMSØ VISITS
After several training stays and a tournament with United's G16 team in Hong Kong as a 13-year-old, the transfer finally went through in May 2019, even though he could not travel to Manchester until he turns 16 this August.

- I knew that it would be like that for a long time before it happened, but the day I signed I just walked around and smiled all day, Hansen Aarøen says to the United Supporter.

- I certainly spent some time understanding that I should actually do this and not least how sick it really is.

It says a lot about United's work at the academy level nowadays - and Hansen-Aarøen's talent - that the club has been to Tromsø a number of times to get to know him, his family and those around him extra well.

All simply to be able to travel back to England and find the right host family for him. Hansen-Aarøen travels to England alone to stay with a host family together with another foreign U18 player.

There he will be able to walk the short way to school and together with the other academy players he will be driven back and forth to training a driver with a minibus. Everyday life will thus really be like home. He gets his own room, but shares a bathroom, kitchen, living room and everything with the host family and the other player.

- I will probably miss being home, but to put it this way: I do not think I will call my mother to say that I want to go home.

- Mom and Dad obviously think this is a bit tough, but I have known about it for a while. I feel ready. I can also have them visit Manchester whenever we want. United has its own apartment for us that we can use and also arranges airline tickets, he continues

However, his further days at Carrington are not open to everyone. Not for the parents either. The focus is only on football and the players' development.

When Isak arrives in Manchester in August, however, it will soon be like a better prepared football player than the other academy players. As part of Tromsø's A-team, he has been able to train full contact for a couple of months already. He has also played a few games in the OBOS league, while United's U18 and U23 teams first returned to training in smaller groups in the last week of July.

When Hansen-Aarøen trained fully and played counting matches against adult men at the second highest level in Norway, United's U18 players in England at the end of July were still waiting to know when they can train again with full contact. Matches were, of course, even further away.

THREE LARGE FOCUS AREAS
However, Hansen-Aarøen has also been able to do adapted training with Tromsø's A- and B-teams and own training with Jonas Johansen for over a year, most recently also during the corona break.

After the United Supporter was presented with the plan in a meeting room at Alfheim, it is easy to acknowledge that the focus areas sound very sensible.

As a United journalist, it is also fair to admit that it was difficult not to be impressed - and extremely excited - about how things are going at United for the next three years.

- The most important thing has been the total load, but at the same time it has been about developing skills as well as culture and language.

There were details about this plan Johansen presented to the United trio Les Parry (player developer), Steve Higham (academy secretary) and Dave Bushell (education manager for the academy players) when they arrived in Tromsø just after Hansen-Aarøen's signature was in the box last year.

- From my side, it was about how he could be best prepared for what awaited him when he moved to England. United were satisfied, and since the summer of 2019 we have had a very close collaboration with the United Academy, says Johansen who is daily connected to NTG in Tromsø.

- I have talked weekly with representatives from the club. Lately more and more with Neil Ryan, who becomes Isak's coach on the U18 team

The most important thing was to take care of the total load, something many people can probably understand.

- He has been eligible to play for four teams in Tromsø and also the national team and everything via circuit and zone collections. Then it says itself that there has been a period of great strain. We have also worked with accountability, to make him dare to say that he is actually tired.

- You can try to imagine yourself in his shoes. He is a young boy who loves football and really just wants to play all the time. At the same time, he is captain of the national team and sold to Manchester United. He will of course be the best he can be every time he puts on football boots.

- At the same time we must keep in mind that he must be challenged to take a level, and his skills, the way he trained, indicated already last summer that he should have been at Tromsø B all the time, but at the same time he also had to get allowed to be good at your own level. Of course, he also occasionally had to be with his friends, the ones he goes to school with. We have tried to adapt it as best we can.

It was decided to prioritize matches for Tromsø's 2nd team in the 3rd division. The goal was six games in the 3rd division in the autumn season last year. The goal was also a couple of weekly training sessions with the A-team and the national team gatherings. At the same time, in an attempt to protect him a little, it was decided to drop so-called circuit and zone collections.

COULD BE THE YOUNGEST
When the autumn was over, however, Isak had been so good that he ended up with a double-digit number of matches for Tromsø's 2nd team in the 3rd division. In addition, he trained regularly with the A-team, even though it had not really been a main goal.

- We have still mostly stayed during two games a week, but it was a pity that he did not make his debut in 2019, he says and shakes his head slightly.

Martin Ødegaard is the youngest Tippeliga player ever, after making his debut in 2014 at just 15 years and 118 days old.

In Tromsø, there were many who were waiting for the club to break that record by sending out Isak Hansen-Aarøen at the end of last season, but since the club desperately fought to avoid relegation, coach Simo Valakari chose differently.

Then Isaac had beaten Ødegaard, yes. That was the coaching team's assessment, but it does not have to be the right one.

- It could have been that it gave a boost and optimism to a Tromsø team that was not bad at all. In addition, it could have been a record we could have been proud of, says Johansen.

- It would have been fun to have that record, says Hansen-Aarøen himself a little cautiously.

FOCUS ON FIRST TOUCH
Despite the lack of a record, the 15-year-old continued to develop. According to Johansen, he understood more and more what was important.

Instead of going from Tromsø training, home, eating dinner and then going on the loop with his friends for a couple of hours, he became aware of sleep, rest and eating right. Eventually he also dared to say when he was tired, which was crucial for a young boy who trained with and against grown men in the field, but also in the strength room, where it is of course hopeless for a 15-year-old to follow the level of experienced Elite Series players.

- He already has a high level of skills, but since he is a creative midfielder, we have had an extreme focus on first touch. This was something he was already good at, but we found out together that it would be an extreme skill, Johansen explains.

A very concrete example of this is that when the corona fear was at its worst in the world this winter, the two had to borrow a squash hall. There Johansen used a football which he knocked into the walls while Hansen-Aarøen was to get control of his first touch as soon as possible.

- Otherwise, we have used a lot of video to see if he can be more dangerous, and worked with the transition from the offensive to the defensive. We often see that young players are good at switching from defensive to offensive, but it is not so easy to do the same the other way around, he explains.

A good part of this learning takes place by watching video clips of previous matches. In addition, Johansen has used a number of more relevant clips, namely by United players.

It's about showing the overview of Carrick, Paul Pogba's expertise, Juan Mata and the other types of players who operate from the same place on the pitch as Isak.

There has also been extra focus on speed in the first 10-15 meters and various so-called core programs, which will also improve coordination. However, the two have not been so concerned with isolated tests and setting concrete records on them.

- If you know in an exercise that you are going to turn right or left, then your head is prepared for that. Our focus has rather been as many exercises as possible with one hundred percent effort, but where you do not know where the ball comes or which way you have to turn. The focus has thus been reaction and instinct.

To prevent the body and head from turning free, for example every Tuesday, they have also been conscious of periodising so that no two weeks are the same.

One of the most interesting things Johansen has done over the last year, from a United supporter's point of view, is perhaps the weekly English lessons with Isak.

It has not been about Winston Churchill, Shakespeare, William the Conqueror or the English Royal Family. Instead, it has been about United history, the Munich tragedy, the 1999 Champions League final and to take something very specific: Nicky Butt.

When Hansen-Aarøen 13 years old traveled to Hong Kong with the U16 team, there were several conversations with Butt, but how should a boy born in 2004 know anything special about who started as a midfielder in the Champions League final five years before he was born ?

Well, now he knows.

- We have seen films, made timelines and seen a lot of what the players who are now there, like Marcus Rashford and Jesse Lingard, tell about their upbringing.

- During the corona crisis, we have looked more closely at how Rashford has also worked with school food, and when Isak has been over in Manchester himself, he has seen how Rashford is, that he comes over to look at the young boys at the academy, says hello and beats of a chat. Jesse Lingard has done the same.

- The interesting thing is that Isak seems to have understood that this is about the United DNA, that playing for Manchester United is about more than the 90 minutes you are on the pitch, that being a United player means that you become part of something bigger

- I am a United supporter myself, but there are many who believe that if you travel abroad, it is only pointed elbows, that you are alone. But I have to say one thing: At United we have been received insanely well, especially by the other young boys.

- They are very educated that everyone works towards the same goal, and the United philosophy is really quite simple: If you get into the heat of the club, you give one hundred percent, then they take care of you and then increase the chances of success . I think Isak has also realized that the club is really only asking for one hundred percent from him, the coach emphasizes.

- When you are young and start earning some money, it is easy to start doing things that do not necessarily help you on the field, but Isak seems very clear that he travels to Manchester to play football. He does not travel to Manchester to be known on social media. Football is the focus. I think it's a very healthy entrance.

- Here in Norway, the focus is sometimes really exclusively on the first team, but in United, first team coach Kieran McKenna or assistant manager Mike Phelan are almost always present at U18 and U23 training sessions. They seem very aware of that. They understand that it is the next generation of first team players, and it is easy to imagine that the effort from the guys increases a few percent of that.

TOP INTERNATIONAL LEVEL
Isak Hansen-Aarøen's own entrance into football life started with one year in Fløya, since it was possible to start there as a football player earlier than in Tromsø. The rest, until the United transfer, however, has been in Tromsø, where he has always been good.

- I scored about ten goals in the same match sometimes when I was younger. I also remember that there was once a match where we won an insane amount, but otherwise I do not remember much other than that it was one season where we only conceded two goals.

June 17, 2019, only 14 years old, he got his first senior match for Tromsø, when he got 90 minutes for Tromsø 2 in a 3rd division match against Lillestrøm's second team. In January 2020, 15 years old, he finally got his first match for Tromsø's A-team in a training match, when he came on as a substitute at the position 0-0 at the break against the 4th division club Skarp. Three minutes into the second half, he made it 1-0 himself. A little later he then served a goal-scorer in the 4-0 victory

Only a month later he was central when he as team captain scored three goals for Norway when the G16 national team lost 4-6 to Slovakia.

- I understand very well that United would sign Isak, says national team coach Jan Peder Jalland to the United Supporter.

- His performance on the national team with me has been at a top international level. We have many talented players, but he has shown a very strong mentality. His ability to deal with adversity during battles means that he has emerged as a clear leader, he continues.

- If you want to be good, you also have to learn fast, and Isak has a very high learning speed.

- We had a gathering in January where he ended up in quite a few situations in between, but without getting enough out of them. Afterwards, video was used, there was a focus on training and his response when we played international matches at La Manga the month after was that it just said bang. It was a counting result with three goals, says the national team coach and continues:

- He is also a very good boy, well liked by the others, which is also important here. Part of this is the football player Isak. Another part is the man Isaac. Yes, they may be closely related, but Isaac must also be the boy Isaac. If he is humble and hardworking, he will develop further, and I believe he will do so.

This summer, July 6, still only 15 years old, he finally got his first counting match for Tromsø's A-team, when he was replaced at the end of the 2-0 victory away against Kongsvinger.

However, he was only ten years old when he played his first game at Old Trafford.

- There was a football school in Tromsø, and me and my friend were there. There were a lot of different exercises, and you got points for each of them. I did not even know that you could win a trip to Manchester, but I got such high points that I joined. Suddenly my mother was standing there with some papers and said we were going to Manchester.

- In Manchester, it was a series of training sessions with people from all over the world, and it was also a small match for us at Old Trafford.

- We actually also got a small square with grass from Old Trafford, but I managed to lose it on the way home, he chuckles.

In March, during the last training stay before the coronavirus stopped the world, it was another great experience.

- James Garner played. Aidan Barlow too. They tried out a new formation with three men behind and I came in the last half hour as one of two strikers. My job was to be an oncoming striker. It ended 0-0, but it went well. I had a good time.

Prior to that, he had completed several sessions with the G18 team. He also followed them towards the match to see how everything works, and learned that even at G18 level, you as a player get a detailed review of the players they will face in the upcoming match.

As a Norwegian, there have of course also been regular meetings with Ole Gunnar Solskjær, even though everything with this transition actually happened completely regardless of the Norwegian becoming United manager.

- I usually have a dinner with him when I'm over, but the most fun is every time he calls us home. He has called mum a couple of times, and every time he calls she is completely confused, he says with a grin.

- But you, then? What is it like to suddenly talk to and meet players like Pogba and Rashford?

- I have got a particularly good impression of Marcus Rashford. He seems like a very ok guy. When I played for the U23 team, he came over to see the end of the match. Afterwards he greeted everyone, and said "well played" and things like that

However, it was not a matter of course that it would be United. As mentioned, Everton and Liverpool were in the picture. Italian Juventus and German Bayern Munich were also interested.

The Germans are said to have tried a bid which, according to what the United supporter has heard, could have given Tromsø tens of millions if he had succeeded there, which is significantly more than the millions Tromsø can get if the young boy succeeds at Old Trafford.

Johansen has now reviewed Hansen-Aarøen's plan, and we look beyond Alfheim a couple of short weeks before the league starts in the Obos league on this June day.

Hansen-Aarøen is perhaps most of all a natural 10er, but he has worked hard to get him to be able to take on more roles in the midfield. This Wednesday, he holds the 6er role on one team.

- I'm not worried that he will not work hard, but when things get better and better, when you feel that things are sitting, that is when he must know that he must work even harder. He may get the chance to train with the first team eventually, and that is when he must understand that it is the trigger to work even harder. This is not when you should relax.

- He must focus on football, and listen to the coaches who only want his best. Then there is talk of giving one hundred percent. It's really very simple. It is not a miracle cure, but at the same time we know that simplicity can be the most difficult.

- Isaac, however, knows what opportunity he has been given, and he knows what is required.

- If he does not have the level inside after giving one hundred percent for three years then it is not meant to be, but he will have a great career anyway. You can not always protect yourself from injuries, but the frames around - everything is now in place, says Johansen while Hansen-Aarøen sprinkles a pass out to the wing.

- In two years, when I am 17-18 years old, the goal must be to train hard with the first team and also get to play a little for them, he says offensively.

Good luck, Isaac
Thanks for the effort, I can understand that was timeconsuming! I see a lot of Norwegian lingo getting a bit lost in translation, but hopefully most on here can understand it.

As for the content, really impressed by our clubs approach to everything youth.

The Red Thinker

VERY SELF-CRITICAL

COMPARED TO MATA

- NOT FAR FROM HANNIBAL

Isaac excelled.

MANY TROMSØ VISITS

THREE LARGE FOCUS AREAS

COULD BE THE YOUNGEST

FOCUS ON FIRST TOUCH

Well, now he knows.

TOP INTERNATIONAL LEVEL

Good luck, Isaac
Now this was a great read. This kid seems to be some Hannibal level talent. Frankly I don’t have a clue as to his pedigree, but I’m just impressed at how aggressively our youth operation is functioning.

Everything is in place for Isak to succeed. Now it is entirely up to him. Wow... I’d love for my kid to be part of United’s setup.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I thought it was Eddie Redmayne at first glance.

I'm assuming it's an insight into how different attractiveness is in different countries. I grew up in wales and girls that looked like that wouldn't have had much attention :confused:. I wouldn't go as hyperbolic as you have, but she's probably a 6/10.

Each to his/her/their own for those that are gushing, however.
Not woolly enough, I presume.

Status
Not open for further replies.